Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if release CO2 to outer space?

poleshift

Carrier with calcium carbonate at high attitude~low orbit

1)Calcium carbonate releases carbon dioxide on heating(to above 825 °C)

CaCO3 → CaO + CO2

2)down calcium oxide (CaO) to dense atmosphere to absorb CO2, then up to the carrier.

Repeat 1) & 2)...

Could be a mix of CaO and NaOH, or something better.

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_carbonate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxide

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poleshift

• Legatus Legionis

• SG7

• rosen

your saying that this is another convectional way ( btw expensive way ) to get rid of the CO2 on our athmosphere.? yeah better,

You would get a cloud of gas around earth, not a good thing.

Edited by SG7

impossible even if its feasible cost is enormous and the gas would never leave earth. it would just go into orbit creating newer problems ... a earlier solution was to pump it miles below the earth into limestone deposits where it would chemically react and form stable carbon deposits. Both are so costly that the current emission control is the only feasible option

impossible even if its feasible cost is enormous and the gas would never leave earth. it would just go into orbit creating newer problems ... a earlier solution was to pump it miles below the earth into limestone deposits where it would chemically react and form stable carbon deposits. Both are so costly that the current emission control is the only feasible option

and if only the world would cooperate then we would have prolonged global warming. because global warming is a cycle that the earth is on going for a million of years.

I prefer the natural way.... Plant a few trees in the garden. If everyone did that then....

How about declaring the Artic a reserve once the ice is gone, and plant several million trees. That would reduce the carbon dioxide, and over time the Ice would replace the trees and we would be back to today's situation, but hopefully with omissions under control.

NB. This is assuming CO2 is the primary cause of global warming and not factors such as the sun

I prefer the natural way.... Plant a few trees in the garden. If everyone did that then....

How about declaring the Artic a reserve once the ice is gone, and plant several million trees. That would reduce the carbon dioxide, and over time the Ice would replace the trees and we would be back to today's situation, but hopefully with omissions under control.

NB. This is assuming CO2 is the primary cause of global warming and not factors such as the sun

that would take generations after generations. but well worth the wait. not totally impossible

down calcium oxide (CaO) to dense atmosphere to absorb CO2, then up to the carrier.

Given that CO2 has a molecular weight of 44 and CaO has a molecular weight of 56 this means that for every ton of CO2 you extract you will need 1.27 tons of CaO. Where are you going to find sufficient CaO?

I know you then suggest releasing the CO2 by the use of sodium hydroxide but where will you get sufficient NaOH?

This would be a hugely power consuming process. I suspect that you would end up putting more CO2 into the atmosphere than you would actually release into space.

You would get a cloud of gas around earth, not a good thing.

Could you please tell more detail? I'd like to know.

A cloud of gas might block some sun rays?

it would just go into orbit creating newer problems ... a earlier solution was to pump it miles below the earth into limestone deposits where it would chemically react and form stable carbon deposits. Both are so costly that the current emission control is the only feasible option

What are the newer problems?

Space mirror to light the night streets might help some emission control?

and if only the world would cooperate then we would have prolonged global warming.

How come?

At beginning I had the same idea. With increasing population, we need more land. (Trees grow slowly. The place trees like, human like also.) To plant trees in the sea? Impossible. So to plant algae. You might have read my previous post http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...88071&st=15

Edited by poleshift

Where are you going to find sufficient CaO?

It could be used repeatedly? (I said "Repeat 1) & 2)..." in my first post.)

CaO+H2O=Ca(OH)2

Ca(OH)2+CO2=CaCO3↓+H2O

This would be a hugely power consuming process.

Fortunately there's lots sun shine in space. Focused sun light could provide that high temperature. Or solar panel.

Maybe we could siphon CO2 to space?