Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stream of Consciousness #9

snuffypuffer

Today I have the flu. Earlier this morning my temperature was 102. I feel like crap. I’m a big baby when it comes to being sick. I don’t want to do anything by myself, I want everyone to wait on me hand and foot. I want everything brought to me on a satin pillow. I’m never sick, I never get the flu, so I never get a flu shot. I just don’t think I ever need one. And now I’m sitting here coughing up mucus, sweating all over myself, and my head is so stuffed up I can barely keep it up. I hate being sick. I hate the feeling when phlegm hits the back of your throat, and it makes you gag. You know what I’m talking about? And when you don’t have anything left to vomit up, but you have to puke anyway? So you just kindof lurch over the toilet seat, all doubled up with dry heaves. It’s awful. And trying to sleep, when you’re either too hot or too cold, so I just toss and turn, never actually going to sleep at all. And all my muscles ache because I don’t want to get out of bed and actually use any of them. I’m hot, sore, and tired. My throat hurts, my chest hurts, and when I cough I get this rattle going on, sound like an old man on his last legs.

I get no sympathy when I’m sick, though. I still have to do everything by myself. If I want something to drink, I have to get it myself. If I want something to eat, I have to get it myself. Nobody feels bad for me. I don’t get anything on a satin pillow. And I want it, dammit. I want to be waited on like a prince, a fat, sweaty, hacking and wheezing prince, but a prince nonetheless. Is this too much to ask? I don’t think so. I think it’s perfectly reasonable. Someone needs to fan me, and feed me grapes. I need sympathy, dang it.

Okay, so basically I’m a big wuss. I don’t do well when I’m sick. I just wanna curl up in bed and die. I don’t want to do anything, talk to anyone, I don’t even want to watch tv. I do, however, want to cry and complain. I want to make everyone around me feel just as bad as I do. Because I’m a wuss. I don’t suffer silently. I want everyone else to suffer with me. Ugh, I’ve gone through almost a whole box of kleenex already. I hope I get over this soon. Until then, I’m just gonna let everyone know exactly how bad I feel.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• snuffypuffer

• moe eubleck

• klamath

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty bad snuffs. I ca'nt help you out but i do have sympathy, i hope that's enough.

Anyway i hope you get better real quick and you get back to your old self soon, take care....... you wuss!!!! wink2.giftongue.gif

Try hot chicken soup and the Playboy Channel.

(((((((Snuffy)))))))))) feel MUCH better, soon.

By the way? You're not a wuss, you're a .......... dare I say it? (male) .... Ya just can't help it.

By the way? You're not a wuss, you're a .......... dare I say it? (male) .... Ya just can't help it.

You dared to say it Miss Nancy!! All men are babies when they get sick??

O contraire!!!!

What about men who take up the traditional role of the woman?

settle down Moe! You are being too sensitive. You big baby!

huh.gif Oi! Moe's inner woman always gets the last word.dontgetit.gifwacko.gifblink.gif

Hope you feel better Snuff! But are you sure you wanna be fed grapes? Can you keep them down?

Heres what I do when I'm sick. Im always the last one sick and I am expected to function.

800 mg ibuprofen. Ice cold orange gatorade. At night double dose of nyquil. Nyquil makes being sick fun.

You know Nancy - I was thinking the same thing when I read his post!! You go girl. But I do have to say that my hunny has those same qualities that Moe was expressing. Such a loving figure and even though he's all male, he has those qualities of a Nurturing Mommy when I get sick. Of-course I'm the same way to him so it's a 100% to 100%. But no other relationship has been like that for me. Can we say I'm LUCKY?? grin2.gifwhistling2.gif

By the way? You're not a wuss, you're a .......... dare I say it? (male)  .... Ya just can't help it.

You dared to say it Miss Nancy!! All men are babies when they get sick??

O contraire!!!!

What about men who take up the traditional role of the woman?

settle down Moe! You are being too sensitive. You big baby!

huh.gif Oi! Moe's inner woman always gets the last word.dontgetit.gifwacko.gifblink.gif

Oy Moe!! tongue.gif

No, no, no!! LOL!! I didn't say Snuffy was a big baby, not at all!

I was hoping the Playboy Channel would take his mind off of the rest of my post.

It's ok to crave attention, beg to be waited on when you feel lousy, I was just pullin Snuffy's leg. Snuffy? You got that?

Now smile, open wide......... sarkypi has more goodies for you. And? Feel better, please?