Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Architect claims to solve pyramid secret

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Submitted bgy Pendekar & Waspie: A French architect claimed Friday to have uncovered the mystery about how Egypt's Great Pyramid of Khufu was built — with use of a spiral ramp to hoist huge stone blocks into place.

The construction of the Great Pyramid 4,500 years ago by Khufu, a ruler also known as Cheops, has long befuddled scientists as to how its 3 million stone blocks weighing 2.5 tons each were lifted into place.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• sourpatchkid

• Horus Christos

• The Cosmic Fluke

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows if its true or not, but its certainly a more rational and believable explanation than postulating aliens or gods. I imagine the real answer is similar to the thesis in this article.

I've always thought that the pyramids (and Easter Island heads, and other ancient ruins) would be a poor result for a God-race or aliens with access to advanced technology. Why not use materials they could fabricate that'd be stronger and more durable than materials that we have now? and where are the elevators and other hi-tech conveniences?

Face facts people.....all the ancient ruins were built by local people using the technology (and massive amounts of slave-labour) that were available to them at the time.

I'm not buying this explanation.

Has anyone here ever heard of Ed Leedskalnin and the castle he built, alone and from HUGE blocks of coral in Florida?

(If not, do a google search of "Coral Castle" and read one of the many articles that comes up.

Solve how he did that and you solve the pyramid problem. This doesn't solve that, therefore, I'm calling BS on it.

Remember, ramp or no ramp, Egyptians had to place one block every minute (or, was it 30 seconds? not that it matters much) for decades.

Ed carved and moved these MASSIVE blocks with simple wooden tools, some weighing 70 tons, single handedly. He said he knew how the Egyptians built the pyramids, and I believe him! Visit Coral Castle and you will, too.

Im currently watching a show about the Secret of the Pyramids. Its a complete mystery how they were built. Even with todays advanced technology it couldnt be done with the percision with with the Egyptions did it. Awesome mystery. :tu:

Who knows if its true or not, but its certainly a more rational and believable explanation than postulating aliens or gods. I imagine the real answer is similar to the thesis in this article.

I've always thought that the pyramids (and Easter Island heads, and other ancient ruins) would be a poor result for a God-race or aliens with access to advanced technology. Why not use materials they could fabricate that'd be stronger and more durable than materials that we have now? and where are the elevators and other hi-tech conveniences?

Face facts people.....all the ancient ruins were built by local people using the technology (and massive amounts of slave-labour) that were available to them at the time.

I totally agree with you. Just because our times are modern, doesn't mean the Egyptians were any less intelligent. If anything, their achievements still baffle us today. Also, we see progression of their work. The earliest pyramids were sloppy in architect. Many imperfections. This would hardly be the case if they were built by extra-terrestrial beings with advance knowledge or a God who's suppose to be the creator of all things.