Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dying in your dream

Ruthie

Many years ago I had a EXTREMLY realistic dream. It was nothing like those "ordinary" realistic dreams.

This one actually interrupted the dream I was having.

It went like this:

I was suddently in the dark, then it came light. I was lying on the ground in the middle of a road. I saw people had gathered around, they where looking at me with shock in theire faces. I could see an ambulance with the lights flashing. I heard the paramedics yelling orders to each other, and people crying. Then I saw a green oxygen mask beeing put on my mouth & nose. Then it was dark for a second. Then I i was looking down at the whole thing. I saw my body lying dead on the ground, in front of a car. People was crying, they where horrified.

I was drifting away from it all, it became more and more distant. Then the dream ended.

The whole dream was very short, but as I said EXTREMLY real. It actually felt like I had been hit by a car. When I "woke up" and looked around, I was not able to focus properly, and I was in very much pain.

The scariest thing is that I saw myself beeing in my 20ies, wich I am now. I even looked like I do now.. Isn't that scary?

I think I will avoid crossing the road at that place for the rest of my life from now on!

So, any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for reading!

Hugs from Ruthie!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruthie

• monkeegirl

• Unexplainable

• KayEl

Wow, that is really freaky. Hopefully it isn't a premonition, but I don't think it is.

I read somewhere that when you die in your dream it doesn't necesarily(sp?) mean that you are going to die. It could mean that you are starting anew, leaving the old behind and moving on to something different. Maybe a new job, or you moved somewhere or something. Who knows...

But I don't blame you for crossing the road either...

Cya!

I read somewhere that when you die in your dream it doesn't necesarily(sp?) mean that you are going to die. It could mean that you are starting anew,

I have also heard that.

How scary that must be for you tho! crying.gif

i had a dream where my throat go slashed with a knife, most realistic experience ever.....simply because when it got slashed around my throat went numb like i was going into shock, and then i could feel the air cooling the inside of my wound sad.gif

freaky

Hi! Thanks for the replies!

I once dreamt that my best friend hit me in the head with an axe!! LOL!!

I could feel it cut right into my scull and brain. But it wasn't too realistic! I'm glad about that.

She's still my best friend, and she doesn't play with axes original.gif

i have had 2 dreams that i have been shot , once in the shoulder and once in the stomach they felt real i was very glad when i woke up. dontgetit.gif

I too have had many dreams where I have actually 'felt' my life draining away from me........but that's all they were ~ dreams.......... wink2.gif

I can only remmeber one dream where I died...

I was trapped in a house with my mum and there was a man all in black after me with a balaclava, and he stabbed me up against a wall with my mum watching and screaming in the background, I can remember the fear I felt but not of any pain though.

I forgot to put this in my last post, i have a book on dreams and it says this about death.

Death

Death occurs quite often in dreams, and is rarely an ill omen: it simply shows that you are in a nervous or agitated state and being excessively pessimistic. Dreaming about your own death is a sign both of good heath and improvements on the business and financial front, while it can also indicate meeting a person you have been attracted to for along time on a more intimate footing than hitherto. Dreaming of being about to die indicates that your health may be at risk in a small way.

Dont know if any of its true thats just out of my book.

the book is, THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF DREAMS. By ANNA FORNARI, EMILIO ROMBALDINI. LYNN PICKNETT.

Just incase you wanted to know. original.gif

Thanks Magic Charm! original.gif

Interesting thing about health!

I recently found out that I have a illness that I will have for the rest of my life.

And I probably got it about the same time I had that dream!

Very interesting!

Hugs from Ruthie! original.gif

Whoah a balaclava? You sure you haven't been watching eraser or playing wrath of the black manta?I have only died and not woken up immediately once in a dream, I jumped off a cliff and hit the ground like in a Wile E Coyote cartoon, my soul,spirit, essence, whatever ascended and then I wore up. A few weeks later I was hit by a car, my great aunt died about 3 hours earlier(we weren't close or anything) I don't know about the rest of you but my psychic dreams that absolutely need to happen are always from a first person view. Wouldn't worry about your dream though, people die every day. If people start passing through you and someone says "Hey, dead girl" then I'd worry.

I've actually had a few dreams where i died. The dream will start innocently enough and then mutate into something else.

I dreamt my husband and i were driving somewhere in a inner city. I was at teh driver seat and my husband in the passenger seat. We also had a little baby girl in the backseat (this was about 1 and 1/2 years before we had any children). My husband told me to pull over so that he could pull money out of an ATM, so i did. When we pulled up at a bank two cars parked alongside us on either side, and the drivers of both cars started yelling at one another. My husband quickly got back in the car and screamed "Go Go!" and grabbed the baby out of her car seat and crouched down with her in the front. I drove away and got to the middle of the street when we heard a loud bang in the back of the car and i looked back to see that the back window had been shot out. My husband was crying my name and bawling, and the baby was crying out of fear. I turned around and saw that the windsheild was covered in blood and looked at my husband and said, "oh my god! Honey are you okay?" And he looked at me with a look i hope i never see on his face in real life. That's when i realised it was me that had been shot. I just laid my head back on the seat and said "i love you" and next thing i knew i was standing on a cliff overlooking the car. i could still hear the baby crying. Next to me on the hill were other people watching the same thing as me. That's when i noticed i was wearing a white cloth flowing dress like those around me. Alady approached me and i asked her, "are they okay?" and she just nodded and said, "Of course, or you wouldn't be here." (as a side note: 6 months after having that dream my husband and i were driving from Texas to Washington state, and had to drive through a part of los Angeles. My husband wanted to get money for a hotel room and asked me to pull over. I did, and right when we stopped i recognized the entire city from my dream. From the parking lot to the street signs. I told him to get in the car cuz we were leaving. Right as we were exiting the parking lot without using the ATM, two cars pulled into the parking lot that were the exact make and models AND colors from my dream. I don't know if anything happened after we left, but i will NEVER drive through that part of LA again. THEN, 6 months after actually seeing the city and streets, i found out i was pregnant. And wouldn't you know it? It was a girl?)

To me i think that my dream was a definite warning. If we had stopped and all that had taken place, i wouldn't be the proud momma i am today of my baby girl. wub.gifgrin2.gif

1st, wat did u do on the day u had the dream?

it might be bcos u watched a movie that had the similar situation b4 u had the dream or u heard or read bout sumthing similar. it might also hav been sumthing u knew of as a child and sumthing that happened that day triggered ur childhood memories causing that dream.

another possiblity might be that it's sumthing that happened to u in ur past life. that is, if u believe in past lives.

my suggestion would be not to worry too much about it, everyone have nightmares, everyone dream of themselves getting killed, but most of the time it doesn't happen. i'd say it's sumthing from the past rather than from the future. yeah?

Hi! Thanks for the replies!

I once dreamt that my best friend hit me in the head with an axe!! LOL!!

I could feel it cut right into my scull and brain. But it wasn't too realistic! I'm glad about that.

She's still my best friend, and she doesn't play with axes original.gif

Well look at it on the bright side. You've had two dreams about your own death. You aren't going to peg it twice, therefore one of your dreams is wrong. If one is definitely wrong then so could the other be.

I was always told dreams of death, if they were to 'predict' anything would mean news of a birth on the horizon.

Incidently I keep having a dream where I think I've woken up, only to realise when things aren't quite what they should be, then I realise it's a dream, then think I've woke up, then the bed dumps on my ass on the floor etc, etc, until I really wake up. Only happens on a Sunday night. WTF???

I had a dream quite a long time ago, in which I was being chased through a forest by 2 huge dogs, with foaming mouths.

I've had countless dreams where i've died.

I've noticed that a recurring theme for me is falling from a great height to my death. I hope it's not my fate blink.gif

Also, I recently had a dream where I died and at the point of death I felt an intense feeling all over my body, an orgasmic feeling that was building up fast. When it got really intense I woke up and I could still feel it but it quickly lost the intensity and stopped. I really don't know what to make of what happened.

"Sometimes a banana is just a banana... Anna" Freud to his daughter describing her dream.

I've died so many times in my dreams that I don't take them seriously. I sure wouldn't treat this one any different.

Also, I recently had a dream where I died and at the point of death I felt an intense feeling all over my body, an orgasmic feeling that was building up fast. When it got really intense I woke up and I could still feel it but it quickly lost the intensity and stopped. I really don't know what to make of what happened.

You know i've had a few dreams where i've woken up feeling like that. The feelings are so real like you've felt them before or are REALLY going through that at that moment. Someone once told me that it could be that intense because of past life experiences, and that you're dreaming of past deaths. I belive in reincarnation so that's an easy enough explantion for me. whistling2.gif

When you died in your dreams, do you have an outer body experience in the dream, or you lie there and yet aware of what is going on, or as you die and as everything blacks out, you wake up from the dream....

I remember in a dream. I drove through a wall in a car and plunged into the sea and the water came pouring in, I could've died in the dream but I woke up before I did.

I've had countless dreams where i've died.

I've noticed that a recurring theme for me is falling from a great height to my death. I hope it's not my fate blink.gif

Same here. Usually off cliff edges.

Usually off cliff edges.

Here's a tip. Never visit the Grand Canyon. tongue.gif

I never knew that dying in your dream was so popular, lol. I've never had a dream where I died. I've had dreams where freaky stuff happened to me, or where other people have died-most of them are still alive. Hopefully I never will.

Cya!

You know, I don't think anybody dies in their dreams.

They may be dreaming they were in the process, like falling off a cliff, building, or whatever. But they woke up before the END comes.