Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Quabalistic Interpretation of Dr.Seuss

GoddessWhispers

A QABALISTIC INTERPRETATION OF

Dr. Seuss' GREEN EGGS AND HAM

By Darren Mc Govern (frater Catinhat)

linked-image

The Most Holy Tree of Eggs & Ham

(illustration by D. McGovern)

(This essay was inspired by a conversation with Excluded Middle editor Greg Bishop about Aleister Crowley. In his "Book 4" Crowley gives a brief interpertation of several random nursery rhymes and this was the inspiration for this piece.)

Unlocking the (imaginary?) hidden meanings within nonsense can automatically set one to thinking of the mysteries. This, done with discipline, can lead to deep contemplation of Holy things and God Himself and that is the true path to illumination.

This can be done with any seemingly nonsensical text you may choose; Grimms Fairy Tales, ancient Egyptian papyri, the Bible, the morning news etc. The source is unimportant however, the method is difficult without the aid of the Holy Qabalah.

For example, let's take the seemingly innocuous modern children's book, Green Eggs And Ham. By deciphering the meaning between the lines, the roots of words, the correspondence on the Tree of Life, and connections to myths, we can invoke the truth that lies hidden. As written in Hermes Emerald tablet and the Mag Hamadi Scriptures, "AS ABOVE, SO BELOW." Distilling the information to extract the "gold" from the original matter is an alchemical transformation operation.

The book begins with the innocent sentence,

"I am Sam."

This simple phrase is perhaps the most sublime. Sam can be seen as an abbreviation of the sacred Sanskrit mantra from Vedic literature, So'Ham, which means "I am that." Thus we have the Hebrew God name Eheieh or I Am That I Am. Sam can also be seen as one of the the root words of Samadhi, which means "together with," sam, "the Lord," Adhi. Thus we have together with, I Am. Either way this is certainly Kether; the uppermost sephiroth on the tree of life--complete unity. This blissful state is secretly betrayed by the repeating of it. Here also, we have the appearance of a new character. He is the witness to the statement repeated,

"I Am Sam."

Dualism has been evoked and heaven will never be the same. The negative veils of existence have been shattered. Kether has given way to Chokmah and Binah, the Yin And Yang of creation. There is nothing left but to look to where this new consciousness emanated and to speak what now appears in reverse.

"Sam I Am !"

Like an inverted pentagram, the truth is seen improperly due to the faulty perspective of the viewer. Immediately, we see the second character resist. He states,

"That Sam-I-Am! That Sam-I-Am! I do not like that Sam-I-Am!

Here we have it! The Ego separates from the now Higher-Self (Sam-I-Am) and begins to resent it, not realizing he is it! This resentment is the root of all human error as Nietzsche so exactly examines in Will to Power. Yes, the original sin is committed. The observer posits himself separate from the observed. But the Higher-Self is ready with a solution, an offering, a Holy Eucharist,

*see link (top of post) for further reading and more Qabalistic interpretations of this text*

Edited by Paranoid Android
Please don't quote entire articles

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoddessWhispers

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days