Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belgium to impose tax on barbequing

Terra8

Belgium to impose tax on barbequing to fight global warming

BRUSSELS, April 3 (RIA Novosti) - The government of Belgium's French-speaking region of Wallonia, which has a population of about 4 million, has approved a tax on barbequing, local media reported.

Experts said that between 50 and 100 grams of CO2, a so-called greenhouse gas, is emitted during barbequing. Beginning June 2007, residents of Wallonia will have to pay 20 euros for a grilling session.

The local authorities plan to monitor compliance with the new tax legislation from helicopters, whose thermal sensors will detect burning grills.

Source

I'm sure there are Democrats looking into this tax already. They've never met a tax they didn't like.

I emit co2 ....why not monitor and tax that? ... better yet dump all the money I already pay in taxes on top of me and I won't be able to exhale :) .

Edited by Terra8

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• Princess Serenity

• dantheman2435

• Terra8

No...............

linked-image

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Whatever. I don't care. :/ Sure cooking another animal or whatnot is causing "global warming."

Whatever. I don't care. :/ Sure cooking another animal or whatnot is causing "global warming."

But what about papa...potatoes and vegatables........fish.........many non-meat foods..........

So they're going to monitor someone cooking a nice steak with a helicopter... Umm... Last time I checked helicopters use fossil fuels. :rolleyes:

Just completely stupid... Man has been using fire to cook food for a very very long time and now they're going to tax something that is natural. Hell since we're going to tax natural things, we ought to tax people now for breathing.

This problem needs to be dealt with at the manufacturing level. But to ignore and say it is not happening..... is just, well... out of touch with reality.

We have had the technology to live sustainably so we would not have to be on the teet of OPEC for a long long time now. But again, it's about profit and Gov. is run by the Corporations and has nothing to do with what is best.

Edited by Bob26003

So they're going to monitor someone cooking a nice steak with a helicopter... Umm... Last time I checked helicopters use fossil fuels. :rolleyes:

Just completely stupid... Man has been using fire to cook food for a very very long time and now they're going to tax something that is natural. Hell since we're going to tax natural things, we ought to tax people now for breathing.

Ok children, today we will show you how to cook. Or you can starve.

linked-image

So.. another country does something as stupid as taxing BBQ... and suddenly the Dems are *probaly* going to do it, you /assume/?

Frying pan logic....

So.. another country does something as stupid as taxing BBQ... and suddenly the Dems are *probaly* going to do it, you /assume/?

Frying pan logic....

Hi Silver,

I just know your thinking of me.........

linked-image

whoa....see what you mean.............too big.....

linked-image

But what about papa...potatoes and vegatables........fish.........many non-meat foods..........

What about it?

I was in a bad mood when I posted that.

whoa....see what you mean.............too big.....

linked-image

TO MUCH LIGHTER FLUID, TO MMMMUUUUCCCCHHHHHH :w00t::lol:

YAAAAAAAY - ever wonder how Urban Myths begin ?

Congratulations - you've just witnessed the BIRTH of one.

This 'barbecue tax' was revealed in the Mail on Sunday (UK) on 1st April... it was , of course.. AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.

Within days, it has been picked up by the English Language section of a Russian news website (quoting ANONYMOUS "local news sources") as per the original posters 'source', and been transferred to Plucky Little Belgium....

No doubt, as we speak, it is cropping up on bulletin boards as being a French/Swedish/Spanish/Italian etc initiative.

We saw it here first :P

Meow Purr.