Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Serrapeptase .. ( Butterfly Healing )

crystal sage

Found this interesting new ' all natural' cure for inflamation..cystic breast disease, sinusitis, cariovascular plaque...internal scaring..

*It's made from the larvae of the silk moth !!!!

<<http://smart-drugs.net/serrapeptase-research.htm>>

<<http://www.road-to-health.com/am/publish/article_173.shtml>>

:tu: Any one here try this????

How A Tiny Chinese Silkworm Has The Power To Ease My Asthma

Daily Mail, November 12, 2002 (extracts):

When keen athlete Stephen Kershaw was laid low by a bad bout of asthma he sought help from a treatment using the Chinese silkworm. Scientists have recently discovered that the tiny creature produces a unique enzyme, which has anti-inflammatory action. “I was wheezing a lot, producing a lot of phlegm and having difficulty breathing. It lasted 4 months and I just wasn’t able to get well. I was in a difficult position because I needed to go back on the oral steroids to improve my asthma but doing that would affect my diabetes.”

Newcastle GP Dr. Kamal Anand offers alternative treatments as well as traditional. Dr. Anand suggested a remedy involving taking a capsule containing the silkworm enzyme.

After a week Stephen’s condition had improved enough for him to put off going back on steroids.

The enzyme Serrapeptase is made by bacteria that live in the gut of the silkworm and is secreted in its saliva. It has anti-inflammatory qualities that have been used in the treatment of arthritis.

Serrapeptase eats away at the cocoon of the silkworm and eventually allows it to fly away as a butterfly. According to scientists the enzyme, which has only recently been isolated, attacks dead tissue, eating it up and also blocks chemicals that produce inflammatory responses.

Besides feeling better Stephen’s lung capacity had improved. Dr. Anand had measured what is known as the peak flow reading. In a healthy teenager a score of 600 would be expected.

Before becoming ill Stephen’s peak flow had topped 450 but had dropped to 380. “He was finding breathing quite an effort when he came to see me,” says Dr. Anand.

“But there was significant improvement in his peak flow, which went back to over 400 within a short time. The enzyme in the Serrapeptase capsule has reduced the inflammation and has also eaten away at the phlegm, which was obstructing his breathing.”

Buy Link

The Worthy Worm

Therapy Weekly, September 2002

By David Potterton (extracts)

Serrapeptase is said to digest non-living tissue such as blood clots, cysts and arterial plaque and to block the inflammatory process. There is a story of a young woman who suffered back pain for six years as the result of a motorcycle accident. But after taking Serrapeptase for only 10 days her pain disappeared.

Apart from sports injuries and other causes of pain, the enzyme is being heralded as a treatment for conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, inflammatory bowel disease and even multiple sclerosis.

Serrapeptase has been used in Asia and the Far East for over 25 years.

A controlled trial in Germany studied the effect of Serrapeptase on ankle swelling caused by trauma. The study involved 66 patients treated surgically for rupture of the lateral ligament. They were randomized into three groups, one of which received Serrapeptase.

In the group receiving the test substance postoperative swelling had decreased by 50% by the third postoperative day. In the other two groups (who had leg elevation and bed rest with and without the application of ice) no reduction in swelling had occurred at that time. (Editor’s Note: The study also included carpal tunnel syndrome patients.)

Italian microbiologists say that biofilm formation is one of the most widespread mechanisms of bacterial resistance and a common cause of treatment failure in prosthetic device infections. They made various attempts to develop ways of inhibiting these biofilm-embedded bacteria. They found in seven different experiments that Serrapeptase greatly enhanced antibiotic activity and inhibited biofilm formation.

The ability of Serrapeptase to remove mucous in conditions such as emphysema, Bronchiectasis <(pronounced bron-kee-ek’-tas-is) is a disorder of the airways within the lungs> and bronchitis may also be of interest. A team at the University of Naples evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of Serrapeptase in a multi center, double blind, placebo controlled study of 193 subjects suffering from acute or chronic ear nose or throat disorders. After three or four days significant symptom regression was observed in the Serrapeptase treated patients as compared to placebo.

Hilary Freeman speaks to Lea Verity whose life has been transformed by Serrapeptase

Daily Express, February 5, 2002 (extracts):

For more than 25 years Lea Verity suffered severe pain in her jaw and numbness in her face following a playground accident she had when she was just six. The accident caused damage to the tissues in her jaw, leading to inflammation around the joint, muscle spasms and a trapped nerve. The condition — TMJ (tempero-mandibular joint syndrome) — made it painful for her to eat or even smile.

She spent many nights curled up in agony with a hot water bottle pressed to her face, as conventional pain killing tablets didn’t help.

However, today Lea, 32, a sports center manager from Doncaster, Yorkshire, is completely free of pain. She has been taking SP-Zyme, a supplement containing the naturally occurring enzyme, Serrapeptase, for the past two months and her symptoms have disappeared almost overnight.

Serrapeptase is already widely used in Europe, Japan and the US as an alternative to anti-inflammatory medications such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen and NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

Serrapeptase works by digesting tissue, such as scars, and blocking the chemicals that cause inflammation. This makes it an effective treatment for any condition caused by inflammation.

Research in Germany and Japan has shown Serrapeptase can dissolve breast and ovarian cysts, ease symptoms of arthritis, speed the healing of torn ligaments and sports injuries, and aid post-operative healing. People with carpel tunnel syndrome or RSI, asthma, sinusitis, ear infections and migraine have also benefited from taking it.

Recent studies show it helps to dissolve blood clots and arterial plaque, protects against strokes and shrinks varicose veins. It also appears to help cure infections by making antibiotics work more effectively.

“Serrapeptase is useful in any disease or condition caused by dead tissue, mucous or clotted material,” says Jeannette Manning, a naturopathic nutritionist from San Diego, California, who has used the enzyme on many of her patients. “It dissolves damaged cells without harming healthy tissue, drains away mucous and, by blocking the chemicals that cause inflammation, stops pain.”

Lea had given up any hope of recovery before she tried it. “I had what felt like a permanent earache and sometimes I’d get sharp, stabbing pains, which literally took my breath away,” she says. “The pain made me squint, affecting my eyesight and I couldn’t feel one side of my face. At its worst, it became impossible to open my jaw. I couldn’t even pry it open with my hands.

“Neither doctors nor dentists knew how to help me. They implied my problems were psychological. All they could do was prescribe course after course of Ibuprofen, which made no difference.

“Even when I was finally diagnosed with TMJ a year ago, which doctors can’t cure, my only options were strong painkillers and potentially risky surgery with a low success rate. I hated being dependant on painkillers and was getting unpleasant side-effects, such as indigestion pains and excess stomach acid.

“After just a few days I started to notice an improvement,” she says. “The feeling in my face seemed to be coming back and the pain wasn’t as bad. After two weeks, I stopped taking Ibuprofen. I couldn’t believe it — I was pain-free, the stiffness in my jaw had gone and all the feeling in my face had returned. SP-Zyme achieved more in weeks than years of orthodontic treatment.”

Lea’s life has changed dramatically since taking Serrapeptase. “I’ve reduced my dose and still have no symptoms,” she says. “My stomach problems have disappeared, and I haven’t noticed any side-effects at all and I feel more energetic.”

Serrapeptase, The “Miracle” Microbial Enzyme

There's more on...

<<http://www.butterflyenzyme.com/>>

I like the one way down...about this wheelchair bound fellow stricken with emphysema...who after three weeks on Serrapeptase was unrecognisable when he walked in ..pretty much cured...Now he is a convert and spreads the word...Said to help with asbestos related illnesses.

I was just inspired to dig up this old thread... When reading about how modern technology appears to be harming our little gifts..miracles of nature!!!!

80% mortality!!!

They blame it on the weather!!!!!

The authors state that long-term exposure of monarch butterfly larvae throughout their development to Bt corn pollen is detrimental to only a fraction of the breeding population because the risk of exposure is low. When this impact is considered over the entire range of the Corn Belt in the USA, the ecological outcome is very small.

Monarch butterfly populations also have shown remarkable resiliency to catastrophic mortality events, such as the unusual cold and wet storms in January 2002, which killed an estimated 80% of the wintering adults in the Mexican highlands.

Who funds this research???

Who gives the grants to the Universities etc.. to fund this research???

publicly funded research shows that....

http://www.ghorganics.com/GM%20food%20can%...se%20cancer.htm

The human health risks associated with genetically modified food have deliberately been underplayed. The 'scientific loudspeakers' of the GM industry have been so orchestrated that the moment you mention the health impact of the genetically altered foods, they pounce upon you like vultures. The reason is obvious: the financial stakes involved are so high that the industry is desperately trying to keep the food scare out of the ongoing debate.

The British Medical Association (BMA) efforts to stand up despite the industrial pressure is therefore laudable. The BMA has been relentlessly asking for more scientific studies to evaluate the long-term impacts on human health. For some strange reasons, in India and for that matter in other developing countries, the medical fraternity is woefully quiet on the health risks associated with GM foods. Perhaps the main reason being that the GM foods have still to be part of food menu in the developing world.

We present two reports, which warn against ignoring the health risks of GM foods.

1. GM expert warns of cancer risk from crops

http://www.sundayherald.com/29821

Demand for executive to ban crop trials until effects of GM food on health are studied

By Rob Edwards, Environment editor

EATING genetically modified (GM) food could give you cancer. That is the stark warning today from one of Scotland's leading experts in tissue diseases.

Dr Stanley Ewen, a consultant histopathologist at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, says that a cauliflower [mosaic] virus used in GM foods could increase the risk of stomach and colon cancers.

He is calling for the health of people who live near the farm-scale GM crop trials in Aberdeenshire, Ross-shire and Fife to be monitored. Their food and water will be contaminated by GM material, he said, which could hasten the growth of malignant tumours.

'I don't want to be scare-mongering, I want to be understated,' Ewen told the Sunday Herald. 'But I'm very concerned that people who rely on local produce might be endangering themselves.'

The government, backed by its scientific advisors, has always insisted the GM trials pose no risk to human health or the environment. Nevertheless, the trials have provoked widespread opposition, with dozens of protesters arrested for damaging GM crops.

Ewen's warning, which has been delivered to the Scottish Parliament's Health and Community Care Committee, is bound to be seized on by critics . The committee is just completing an investigation into the safety of GM food and is hoping to report its findings this week.

Ewen, who has 29 years' experience as a histopathologist, is currently leading a pilot project in Grampian to screen people for colon cancer. In 1999, along with Dr Arpad Pusztai, a former researcher at Aberdeen's Rowlett Institute, he published a study suggesting that GM potatoes harm rats.

In his submission to the health committee, Ewen expressed 'great concern' about the use of the cauliflower mosaic virus as a 'promoter' in GM foods. The virus is used like a tiny engine to drive implanted genes to express themselves.

But Ewen pointed out that the virus is infectious, and could act as a 'growth factor' in the stomach or colon, encouraging the growth of polyps. The faster and bigger polyps grow, the more likely they are to be malignant, he added.

There are also risks in feeding GM products like maize to cattle, he cautioned.

And why has most of Europe banned GM foods???

I was just inspired to dig up this old thread... When reading about how modern technology appears to be harming our little gifts..miracles of nature!!!!

80% mortality!!!

They blame it on the weather!!!!!

The authors state that long-term exposure of monarch butterfly larvae throughout their development to Bt corn pollen is detrimental to only a fraction of the breeding population because the risk of exposure is low. When this impact is considered over the entire range of the Corn Belt in the USA, the ecological outcome is very small.

Monarch butterfly populations also have shown remarkable resiliency to catastrophic mortality events, such as the unusual cold and wet storms in January 2002, which killed an estimated 80% of the wintering adults in the Mexican highlands.

Who funds this research???

Who gives the grants to the Universities etc.. to fund this research???

publicly funded research shows that....

http://www.ghorganics.com/GM%20food%20can%...se%20cancer.htm

The human health risks associated with genetically modified food have deliberately been underplayed. The 'scientific loudspeakers' of the GM industry have been so orchestrated that the moment you mention the health impact of the genetically altered foods, they pounce upon you like vultures. The reason is obvious: the financial stakes involved are so high that the industry is desperately trying to keep the food scare out of the ongoing debate.

The British Medical Association (BMA) efforts to stand up despite the industrial pressure is therefore laudable. The BMA has been relentlessly asking for more scientific studies to evaluate the long-term impacts on human health. For some strange reasons, in India and for that matter in other developing countries, the medical fraternity is woefully quiet on the health risks associated with GM foods. Perhaps the main reason being that the GM foods have still to be part of food menu in the developing world.

We present two reports, which warn against ignoring the health risks of GM foods.

1. GM expert warns of cancer risk from crops

http://www.sundayherald.com/29821

Demand for executive to ban crop trials until effects of GM food on health are studied

By Rob Edwards, Environment editor

EATING genetically modified (GM) food could give you cancer. That is the stark warning today from one of Scotland's leading experts in tissue diseases.

Dr Stanley Ewen, a consultant histopathologist at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, says that a cauliflower [mosaic] virus used in GM foods could increase the risk of stomach and colon cancers.

He is calling for the health of people who live near the farm-scale GM crop trials in Aberdeenshire, Ross-shire and Fife to be monitored. Their food and water will be contaminated by GM material, he said, which could hasten the growth of malignant tumours.

'I don't want to be scare-mongering, I want to be understated,' Ewen told the Sunday Herald. 'But I'm very concerned that people who rely on local produce might be endangering themselves.'

The government, backed by its scientific advisors, has always insisted the GM trials pose no risk to human health or the environment. Nevertheless, the trials have provoked widespread opposition, with dozens of protesters arrested for damaging GM crops.

Ewen's warning, which has been delivered to the Scottish Parliament's Health and Community Care Committee, is bound to be seized on by critics . The committee is just completing an investigation into the safety of GM food and is hoping to report its findings this week.

Ewen, who has 29 years' experience as a histopathologist, is currently leading a pilot project in Grampian to screen people for colon cancer. In 1999, along with Dr Arpad Pusztai, a former researcher at Aberdeen's Rowlett Institute, he published a study suggesting that GM potatoes harm rats.

In his submission to the health committee, Ewen expressed 'great concern' about the use of the cauliflower mosaic virus as a 'promoter' in GM foods. The virus is used like a tiny engine to drive implanted genes to express themselves.

But Ewen pointed out that the virus is infectious, and could act as a 'growth factor' in the stomach or colon, encouraging the growth of polyps. The faster and bigger polyps grow, the more likely they are to be malignant, he added.

There are also risks in feeding GM products like maize to cattle, he cautioned.

And why has most of Europe banned GM foods???

http://www.scidev.net/News/index.cfm?fusea...&language=1

WTO says Europe's GM ban broke trade rules

Genetically modified soybeans

Wagdy Sawahel

8 February 2006

Source: SciDev.Net

The World Trade Organization (WTO) ruled yesterday (7 February) that the European Union and six of its member states broke trade rules by banning imports of genetically modified (GM) crops and food.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gmdebate/Story/0...1204094,00.html

US seeks £1bn from Europe over GM ban

So how does the US respond??? the law courts!!!!

bullies!!!!

Could you imagine the financial gain and the power that the US Monsanto etc... would have if they controlled all the world's food eg terminator technology...nothing will grow...as seeds will be sterile...and they'd have control over who gets the next batch...what would they do for it... how much would they have to pay to feed their people????

http://www.globalissues.org/EnvIssues/GEFood/Terminator.asp

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/12517/

http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/usa/...h-about-ge.html

And then GM foods... if they are already giving farmers a hard time who are doing the traditional thing of saving seed for the next crop...Monosato see it as theft.... what modifications could they sneak into future crops... genetically to make it profitable for them?????

charge of all the seeds for the world for crops?

:tu: But then the consumer laws could help Europe against those GM corporations... using quality of the goods received... are they getting what they paid for???? Do we have to honour an agreement to buy if they change the quality of the goods????...if it is suspect???

The Customer has rights has he not... ???

When we walk into a shop they can't force us to buy their choice of product can they???... :devil: they could use a good sales pitch to promote their product... eg that GM foods started with good intentions... that they can provide some scientific proofs...research that they themselves have paid for . ... experiments they themselves have designed .. showing that improving on God's Natures' handiwork...has no serious longterm effects on anything and is a good thing... that we can control some silly problems that nature forgot to think about so that food becomes cheaper... who worries about the nutrients these days.... there are always those artificially created vitamins that our friends from the Codex department are in control of!!!!!!!!

:no:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gmdebate/Story/0,,1705031,00.html

US wins WTO backing in war with Europe over GM food

Julian Borger in Washington, Nicholas Watt in Brussels and John Vidal

Wednesday February 8, 2006

The Guardian

The World Trade Organisation last night ruled that Europe had broken international trade rules by blocking the import of genetically modified food, in a decision US trade officials hailed as a victory.

The WTO found that Europe had imposed a de facto ban on GM food imports for six years from 1998 which violated trade agreements, and that Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy and Luxembourg also had no legal grounds to impose their own unilateral import bans.

European environment and consumer groups last night called the ruling a direct attack on European democracy and appealed to governments to stand up to what they called US "bullying tactics". "US agrichemical giants will not sell a bushel more of their GM grain as a result of the WTO ruling," said Daniel Mittler, Greenpeace International's trade adviser.

"It's a desperate attempt to force these products on an unwilling market. This will lead to even greater opposition to GM crops," said Claire Oxborrow of Friends of the Earth International. "Protecting wildlife, farmers and consumers is far more important than free trade rules."

A coalition of 170 regions in Europe and 4,500 smaller areas have said they want to be GM-free."I do not expect this decision to change European law, but it will be used by the US government to pressure countries around the world to further liberalise trade rules," said Sue Meyer, of the watchdog group Genewatch. :cry:

• 1 year later...

There is of course the the nice sounding Serrapeptase induced pneumonitis manifesting as acute eosinophilic pneumonia.

Serrapeptase can lead to severe respiratory problems.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

It seems yesterday's posts have disappeared..  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombyx_mori   https://serrapeptase.info/serrapeptase-research/   http://naturalsociety.com/mulberry-ancient-super-food-silkworms-now-people/    The synergetic  nutritional values of Mulberries ... the Mulberry tree.. and Silkworms.. sounds promising too.. https://www.acupuncturesydneycity.com.au/sang-zhi-mulberry-twig-herb-of-the-week/ it appears that low dosages are better for you than the high dose varieties sold  commercially. 

Serrapeptase Warnings

Reported side effects of serrapeptase include an increase in pain or worsening of symptoms. Side effects do seem to be rare for this supplement.
There are some people who should not use serrapeptase. For example, if you have had surgery for a hernia repair, the long term repair is dependent upon the scar tissue produced and attached to the mesh. Serrapeptase dissolves scar tissue, and this would be counterproductive for a hernia repair patient. Some cosmetic surgeries and procedures may also be compromised by serrapeptase use, including fat injections and face lifts. If a surgical procedure is supported by any non-living tissue, serrapeptase should not be used.

https://www.earthclinic.com/supplements/serrapeptase-reviews.html

nope... just researching it.. My brother is in hospital at the moment.. 3rd time in 3 weeks with suspected heart attack.. he has recently had shoulder surgery .. His body does not  dissolve stitches.. like mine.. ( still there  over 20 years later.. _ )   they are thinking that maybe it is loose debris.. or scar tissue in the body.. remembered looking up this a  decade ago.. http://messiahmews.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/serrapeptase-fibrosis.html

My step father is starting to show signs of Alzheimers.. so another possible application.. also another friend has serious endometriosis  and back trouble from recent surgery  where scar tissue is so painful she cannot move ... This seems to be the answer so doing more research... thought I would share it here. 

Edited by crystal sage

The stuff I’m reading is pretty critical of Serratiopeptidase and suggests the studies done have not been good and have exaggerated its effectiveness, and that it’s also been exaggerated by naturopaths.  

Wikipedia pretty much says the same thing too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timonthy said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267323885_MIRACLE_ENZYMES_SERRAPEPTASE_AND_NATTOKINASE_MITIGATE_NEUROINFLAMMATION_AND_APOPTOSIS_ASSOCIATED_WITH_ALZHEIMER'S_DISEASE_IN_EXPERIMENTAL_MODEL

Regarding the peotective effect of serrapeptase and nattokinase, it is clear from the
pathological investigation the disappearance of most of the  amyloid plaques. This effect
could be attributed to the effect of serrapeptase and  nattokinase as antiamyloidogenic agents via promoting the activity of α-secretase-like action (Fadl et al., 2013). 

In conclusion, the present study provides a strong evidence that serrapeptase and nattokinase
have potent protective effect against AD in AD like pathology model. The neuroprotective
effect of serrapeptase and nattokinase might be attributed to their property  as proteolytic enzymes capable to degrade Aβ as well as their anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic
potentials. Serrapeptase and nattokinase could be considered as excellent addition to
Alzheimer’s disease prevention programs( Hamza,2012). 

The stuff I’m reading is pretty critical of Serratiopeptidase and suggests the studies done have not been good and have exaggerated its effectiveness, and that it’s also been exaggerated by naturopaths.  

Wikipedia pretty much says the same thing too...

What ??? the Research gate  articles ? 

diseases. In this study, insulin amyloids were formed in vitro and the potential of Serratiopeptidase (SP), a fibrinolytic-like serine protease, towards the dissociation of insulin amyloids was explored. The dissociation of the amyloids was demonstrated using in vitro and in vivo using zebrafish model. The amyloid dissociation property was compared with a standard amyloid dissociating enzyme nattokinase (NK). SP shows better amyloid dissociation ability than NK and therefore, SP can be considered as amyloid dissociating agent with potential as a drug candidate for different amyloid related disorders. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308599902_In_vitro_and_in_vivo_insulin_amyloid_degradation_mediated_by_Serratiopeptidase 

Edited by crystal sage

Seeing as this thread has been bumped up after 9 years, and also violates the following:

2h. Medical advice: Do not use the site to request or offer medical advice,

Thread Closed.

• The topic was locked