Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joan of Arc remains 'are fakes'

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Waspie Dwarf: Bones thought to be the holy remains of 15th Century French heroine Joan of Arc were in fact made from an Egyptian mummy and a cat, research has revealed. In 1867, a jar was found in a Paris pharmacy attic, along with a label claiming it held relics of Joan's body.

But new forensic tests suggest that the remains date from between the third and sixth centuries BC - hundreds of years before Joan was even born.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracysrus

• Radian

• Lt_Ripley

• Horus Christos

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

a cat. the bone of a cat. the absudity is , honestly , making me laugh. sad too for I like Joan of Arc. great story regardless of if she was blessed or crazy as some say. it's still a great story of a very courageous girl.

not unlike the shroud . try wrapping something wet in a linin and you don't just get a front and back image. that's what is wrong with the shroud. there is no depth. step aside from carbon dating ect ........ there is no depth to it . the face may show depth but so do my portraits . you could perform the same depth tests on them and get the same results.

it may make sense if they didn't 'wrap' him as the usual custom but instead just laid the body on the sheet , but even then the sides of his legs and arms would have been apparent.

Is it real ? no one knows either way.

lots were cruxified.

and is it me or was he one very small guy ?

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Imo, Joan of Arc isn't given the respect she deserves- One of the greatest examples of courage and leadership by a woman.

Agreed.....this sad tale of fabrication should take nothing away from the real story.

Be wary of any relic, from the 4th to 17th century there were a lot of historical fakes being fabricated.

FAKE!! :D like all acts of french heroism . i had a french girlfriend once and she was as tough as old boots i must say, tougher then any french men ive met and ive met thousands.

theyll just have to keep searching :tu: