Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Sighting Over Irish Cliffs

Lionel

Found this... let's see what is it

user posted image

user posted image

This photo of my husband (full and close-up images below) taken on August 18, 2002, at the Cliffs of Moore, Western coast of Ireland, seems to show some kind of craft --or large creature-- hovering over the cliffs behind his head. It would have had to have been massive, but we didn't notice anything on those cliffs when we were there -- only some small seagulls. No one is allowed past a barricade just behind my husband -- no hang-gliders, kites or aircraft could have been in the area.

--Susan Andersen

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lionel

• bortaf

• Posy

• thefirstman

I like to fly kites on cliff tops, it's usually where the wind is wink2.gif

Other than that it looks like a kangeroo hopping backwards over a cliff.

A lemming kangeroo hybrid? wink2.gif

It does look as it it could possibly be dirt. But who knows, it isn't very clear at all really.

From a distance it looks like a hang glider, I think it seems to be behind your husband and not on the lens. The close up reminds me of the green goblin from Spiderman except not green! laugh.gif Quite scary!

Thinking about it, if it was a kite, flown presumadly from over horison it would be bloody big for a kite.

The only trouble with a hanglider is recovery, it looks a long way to climb back up! hang glider pilots tend to use hills for producing updraughs as it make recovery easyer, it would take a lot of bottle to take a glider out over those cliffs hoping to have enough of an updraught to return safely and not spirall gracefully into the sea :-)

I did concider a fly of some type but when you capture a fly on still film (or vid then capture a single frame) it usualy looks rod shaped whistling2.gif unless you use a fast shutter speed such as "sports mode" on didgy camera's.

It's the Jersey Devil! grin2.gif

No offense- it could be a piece of dirt- or it could be photoshop.

It could be just something blowing in the wind.

Was it there when she took the photograph? Or was is it out of the naked eye? huh.gif

Umm why is there a cut out around the image of whatever that is? Looks like someone was using a program like photo shop? There is a line circle all around this as if someone cut and pasted it into this picture. Anyone have a image scan??

Sorry no offense, wink2.gif but I call it as I see it. . . .

Yep, photoshop. I checked. If you save the picture as a bitmap document and then zoom in, even with Paint, you can tell it was a seperate image. I don't know what it was supposed to be, but it wasn't really over the cliff. I would still like to know what the original picture was of, but I'm thinking an old ski plane or whatever you call those planes that land on the water. Anyway, hope that helps...