Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transparent Flies

GrafixOne

ever since the day i saw one, i have wondered if it was like some mutated fly of some sort. It seemed, LITERALLY, transparent. I can tell you this because it landed in my desk at school, and so i got a very clear look at it.

Has anyone else seen one?

I'm not asking if they exist... because apparently i saw one.lol

ever since the day i saw one, i have wondered if it was like some mutated fly of some sort. It seemed, LITERALLY, transparent. I can tell you this because it landed in my desk at school, and so i got a very clear look at it.

Has anyone else seen one?

I'm not asking if they exist... because apparently i saw one.lol

Freak of nature ! i saw one too, not only fly but different insects.

I don't think i have ever seen anything transparent, especially a fly. I hope i see one some day.

I have never seen a transparent fly before, But i have no doubt it could be possible sense nature is a wonderful thing.....

Well, given that there's transparent fish, and apparently flies with transparent abdomens, I guess it's far from impossible.

What part(s) of it were transparent? Obviously some portion had to be visible or you wouldn't have seen it. :lol:

Transparent flies exist.

Not too sure what kind you saw, but I know that the Thrip, which is a small pest in greenhouses, can be very transparent. It can also be white or brown.

I think I've seen a very pale mosquito a time or 2, so anything's possible. Look it up on google!

not only are their transperent fish and insects, but frogs as well. They sell glass frogs at my local pet store

But if it's transparent... how do you see it? :blink:

lol, it's probably a genetic variant. At uni you used to see loads of Drosophila fruit flies kicking about, probably escapees from the Life Sciences dept. In fact one staff member in particular. He was cool as hell, but he was a bit too into genetics and cross-breeding fruit flies to get weird mutants. We got him for genetics, and he was like our head in 3rd and 4th year. Cool guy.

I wouldn't worry about any transparent insects, it is when people seem transparent to you that you have to worry :lol:

• 11 years later...

I have seen a transparent fly.walking very slow on the edge of the bath.I sprayed it with water from the shower head.it fell in the bath and about fifty little black things came out of it.so I washed them away down the plug hole?

There are many insects with transparent wings. There are even butterflies with partially transparent wings.

Mayflies, stoneflies, caddis flies, crane flies . . .  etc.

There are all kinds of different winged insects with varying degrees of "transparency."

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1