Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Soldiers Cashing in on Story

IronGhost

My father was in the RUC for many years, he got his lifetime service medal recently. he also served in the UDR.

Respect given.. must've been a tough job!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• StoneAgeQueen

• Bob26003

• Syd Boggle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:P IronGhost...

I'm glad my husband doesn't expect any less of me than he does men. More than most men as a matter of fact. That archaic attitude rears it's ugly head, occasionally, because his Mother was so dependent on his Father, but then he remembers who he's talking to...or should I say he gets 'the look'. :D

If what you mean, is in my day the wars we were involved in were justified! (I served in the Falklands & in ireland plus various peace keeping missions in global hotspots)

If you mean in my day when Men & women knew their place & devorce was rare

if you mean in my day when the streets of london were safe, by enforcment of discipline & respect

if you mean in my day when an employee could'nt sleep their way in to promotion

Unfortunately in MY Day "stoneage" things were simple

In this new-age, things are so mixed up, people dont know who they are or what to believe in.....The english army's morale is on the floor....

The streets of london are over-ran by hoodies talking in jamaican accents ( and i refering to the white hoodies in this case) its a joke

Hasn't every generation yearned for the 'good old days' when everything was apparently neater, simpler and slower, but in fact wasn't?

When divorce was rare, I'm sure there were many more unhappy marriages that people, especially women, had little chance of escape from.

I'd say people are looking for alternative beliefs or are confused because the institutions of old have turned out to be hotbeds of crime and disrespect themselves, church and government. Every major city has always had areas that are unsafe or higher risk to be in. That doesn't mean they're being overrun.

I can't help but think that maybe, this type of mentality might have had a bearing on the UK/IRAN hostage crisis.

Now, if the Iranians had encountered a standard US armed unit, such as the one below.. I'm sure they wouldn't have been taken hostage.

linked-image

I doubt that the British troops were packing as much firepower as the characters in Predator. Apparently the Brits were heavily outgunned and outnumbered by the Iranians, hence they didn't fight and were taken hostage.

I must say, the sound of fighting with Woman does sound a little iffy to me. But now that I think about it: There are alot of guys who would tuck tail and run first.

I don't really think it is a sex thing.

Thank you, Bob...that is the nicest thing I've heard you say. :tu:

Thank you, Bob...that is the nicest thing I've heard you say. :tu:

I would say more nice stuff Michelle, but I take these issues seriously. These War mongerers are getting Woman, Fathers, Brothers, Mothers ......... Killed! :(

As most of us do...but, in my opinion if the warmongers, in the entire world, make you a bitter person they have won.

As most of us do...but, in my opinion if the warmongers, in the entire world, make you a bitter person they have won.

Believe me, I am not a bitter Person. I just have no tolerance for lies and propaganda....... That's all :)

Someone has to rebutt the slander that the Rightwingers pump out ;)

Edited by Bob26003

Sorry, that's the impression I get from your posts. :)

Maybe it would help me understand better if you didn't seem so abrasive. You post with such anger that it makes me avoid listening to what you have to say. :hmm:

I will be nicer from now on :)

Edited by Bob26003

That would be greatly appreciated. I like hearing both sides. :tu:

See, in my day our streets were safe....

Gangs like you see in the picture below would have been dealt with by the Men in the local community, while our good wives put the children to bed...

post-52348-1176111385_thumb.jpg

Edited by lord scrummage

A Short One Act Play

The win right here. *chuckles* (cut it out because.. that was a big post, and I wan't posting all that much. Darn my infeirior female brain XD)

Gangs like you see in the picture below would have been dealt with by the Men in the local community, while our good wives put the children to bed...

Everytime you say "good wives", I have to fall over laughing.

I hope everyone here knows my One Act Play was meant to be sarcasm, showing how ridiculous the outmoded view is that women are inferior to men.

I really think women are totally capable of being soldiers in all respects.

Well that's what the 'good wives' would have heard when their good menfolk staggered back home. Is your day pre or post Jack the Ripper?

Replying to British Soldiers Cashing in on Story

linked-image

Soldiers shouldn't be able to sell their stories until their enlistment is completed.

Women, IMO can serve if they want. The problem I have is the lowering of physical standards to accomodate females. That British female is undoubtetely the largest female soldier I have ever seen. Looks to me like the UK will put anyone in a uniform.

The females serving for the Israelis Defense Forces...........now they look tough.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

I really think women are totally capable of being soldiers in all respects.

Yeah I keep hearing this... 'in theory' as they say.

I remember one argument against women soldiers is they wouldn’t hold up to interrogation especially if they’re a mother, as this would of course be used against them.

Ant this is exactly what happened.

Mrs Turkey said she refused to answer her captor’s questions, but the threats became intense. ‘an interrogator said to me, “you don’t understand, you must cooperate with us.. Do you want to see your daughter again?”

It was a horrible dilemma. If I did it, I feared everyone in Britain would hate me. But I knew it was my one chance of fulfilling a promise to Molly that I’d be home for her birthday on May 8th.

She folds.. like a pack of cards.

Soldiers shouldn't be able to sell their stories until their enlistment is completed.

Agreed.. I think the Government changed the rules on this occasion hoping to try and to drum up sympathy..

It's backfired.

Woman, IMO can serve if they want. The problem I have is the lowering of physical standards to accomodate females. That British female is undoubtetely the largest female soldier I have ever seen. Looks to me like the UK will put anyone in a uniform.

:lol: Well lowered the standards. Or course, they say they haven't but that just bull.. and she was acting Leading Seaman. Mmmmh I'm sure she got that on her own merit alone (cough). We are all equal but some need a little (big) helping hand.. :rolleyes:

The females serving for the Israelis Defense Forces...........now they look tough.

Agreed. :tu: I think they know the score and know they wouldn't be shown any mercy if caught... so they're harder.

Edited by billyhill

Hmm UK navy havent been so humiliated since...err I dont know.

Hmm UK navy havent been so humiliated since...err I dont know.

Since 2004, when the exact same thing happened.

Since 2004, when the exact same thing happened.

Yeah, but imo this time it was worse, a lot more worse.

Agreed.. I think the Government changed the rules on this occasion hoping to try and to drum up sympathy..

It's backfired.

:lol: Well lowered the standards. Or course, they say they haven't but that just bull.. and she was acting Leading Seaman. Mmmmh I'm sure she got that on her own merit alone (cough). We are all equal but some need a little (big) helping hand.. :rolleyes:

Agreed. :tu: I think they know the score and know they wouldn't be shown any mercy if caught... so they're harder.

She was acting Seaman? And I'm sure her physical and athletic prowlness help her accend to that position.

Just last week Turney said enemy capture was the kind of danger she knew she could face on a dangerous mission off Iran. Wearing a headscarf and smoking a cigarette, the 25-year-old Turney looked uncomfortable as she praised her captors on camera.

"They were very friendly, very hospitable, very thoughtful, nice people," she said on Iranian television Wednesday.

"A lot of people find it hard to understand why and how I can do the job I do," she said. "But I've always wanted to join the forces ever since I was like 10, watching TV." Link

That last part explains it all. She was living in TV land.

Edited by Aztec Warrior