Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you could go back in time just once.......

Myles

If you could go back in time just once, what would you do?

Would you go back and just observe?

Would you go back and change history by killing someone (Hitler, Genghis Khan, Ivan the terrible)?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myles

• I_AM_HATED

• shantiel

• Legatus Legionis

If you could go back in time just once, what would you do?: It depends on what time I would go to.

Would you go back and just observe? Again, it depends.

Would you go back and change history by killing someone (Hitler, Genghis Khan, Ivan the terrible)? Yeah. But I wouldn't "kill" anyone.

But I doubt it could ever happen though.

i want to see how the mystery structures of the world and how they were built including the supposedly 7 wonders of the world

If you could go back in time just once, what would you do?

Would you go back and just observe?

Would you go back and change history by killing someone (Hitler, Genghis Khan, Ivan the terrible)?

I would go back and watch who made the pyramids and how. I would just observe, because I wouldn't want to cause any screw up in history that may change things to be worse.

i want to see how the mystery structures of the world and how they were built including the supposedly 7 wonders of the world

But if you could only go once, which one would you observe?

I wouldn't, one small thing could alter the corse of history forever. Killing one of those people who had such an influence could severly change the course of history.

I wouldn't, one small thing could alter the corse of history forever. Killing one of those people who had such an influence could severly change the course of history.

True. But one of my friends over at another board. Said history can't truely be changed. That's why he said not me.

I would go back and observe how the colony in Roanoke, Virginia disappeared.

The local Indians. They were killed by the locals.

They even said as much to the Jamestown colony a few years later.

--Jaylemurph

i would visit my great great great great great great great great great great grandad and smack his face in :yes: and give him a condom,

Sounds petty compared to the other posts but I'd go back to 1920s Hollywood and witness the birth of the movie industry.

If I had more than one choice I'd go watch the pyramids being built or watch the battle of Agincourt or something.

I would like to go back and see the Dinosaurs or watch Krakatoa explode or see Atlantis sink into the sea, I wouldn’t mind being on the Grassy knoll and take my cam-recorder, if I was really selfish I would go back in time and post myself a letter with the future lottery numbers in it :P

Thinking about it I would try my hardest to warn people in the WTC and pentagon about 9/11, :unsure2:

I would want to warm the people living in Asia about the Boxing Day Tsunami and I would want to help prevent people dying in Earthquakes etc, I think the people in New Orleans would appreciate a heads up that Katrina is going to be a very bad Hurricane.

I occurs to me that even though you had this information how would you get the people that matter to listen and believe what you said and actually do something?

I would go back and observe how the colony in Roanoke, Virginia disappeared.

Colony of Roanoke, Virginia?

*edit*

Read some information on what I could find, no doubt, it's very interesting.

Edited by Sunny98

Thinking about it I would try my hardest to warn people in the WTC and pentagon about 9/11, :unsure2:

You too- I thought the same thing.

Since I am agnostic, I would go back to meet Jesus.

you cant change history. say i went back in time to do something like tell the early humans how to make and use modern weapons it would have no effect on us because it would have already happened so it would seem normal to us. what ever i did would be why history is the way it is. if i did not do it history would be different.

well thats my view of it

its pretty hard to understand but im not good at explaining things.

But if you could only go once, which one would you observe?

well... if it was only just one.. i would have to say the giza pyramids or the sphinx

Side-Note -- A no doubt "spoiler" so might as well join the fun... I would visit the prosperous years of Atlantis and observe the wise minds and powers of the ancients, noting every tedious detail in their books; sketch the city, grab a souvenir, and travel back to a boring era. Hows that?

Anyway,

From a skeptical view, time is a very tricky subject. Through many reads, if you travel back in time to change a part in history, the present time zone will also be affected. Easy thought you say? Well, i have always noted that if you travel back for a purpose; in the future, there is no more purpose for you to travel back. A bit complicated, let me explain. Lets say that you go back to stop Katrina or 9/11, we'll use 9/11. Lets say you have warned the people, and they will evacuate when the time comes. As you do that, from what i know, the future is already changing. Well, since you are still (techniquely) in the future, your future self will feel no need to travel back in time, since there was no 9/11; therefore, you never really went back in time; and since you never traveled back in time, it is relevant to say that time travel is truly impossible since there would be no need after your effort.

Woah, headache. I hope this doesn't make me a retard, you know, the hateful comments of my errors. Anyway, if you have the patience to get past my rant, that you will probably give me some "heads up" on my information. Suggestions? Other Theories?

~LaG!

I would go back about 15 years ago and hand myself a notebook as I graduated high school. Oh, what I could do with all of the knowledge from the last 15 years. I could make myself rich if I choose to, help mand kind or both. The best part about it is if things didn't work out I could still hand myself a different notebook when I get to this moment in time!

Edited by Razer

Just once? I'd stop my mother and father from fornicating. It'd save me a whole lot of problems.

How? Dunno...but it's amazing what you can accomplish with psychosis and a pear of hedge-clippers.

What would be one thing yoou'd do to try to change the world of today for the better?

Raise enviromental concerns?

Stop a world leader?

Bring back research or technology?

What I've always wanted to do was take a bunch of things like a cell phone, firearms, a camera, and things like that, then go to an ancient civilization like the Egyptians. Then I would show off all my technology, they would think it was magic, and they would worship me like a god. I wouldn't kill anyone, because then you alter the timeline and get involved with time paradoxes and all that junk.

Since I am agnostic, I would go back to meet Jesus.

I'm not agnostic but I too, would go back to the time of Jesus Christ.

History can be changed.

I bet that if Germany wasn't given harsh punishments as proposed by Woodrow Wilson's 13 points, then World War II would have never happened; much like Napoleon and France. They were given very little punishment, and thus, no colossal war.

Read your history people.....it repeats itself.