Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My haunting experience

booboo

I've been reading through this forum for the past two days and im hooked hehe, ive loved reading through all the stories and comments so i decided too post my experiences but before i do, i want too apologize for my really bad spelling so i hope its readable. tongue.gif ive also never posted anywhere before, so i hope im doing it right.

This happened too me about a year or 2 ago, i dreamt that i had woken up and i was laying on my side and felt this really strong pressure on my chest, so strong that i couldnt move, like a really strong hug with there arms wrapped around my chest, i then felt it slowly starting to move into me, its head in mine, its chest moving into my back and so on, i then remember waking up but still unable to move, and still feeling this shadow like sillohette moving its last lil bit into me, i then went all floppy (no other way to describe it, this amazing feeling of relaxation).

I was obviously scared by this and didnt sleep much more that night, but after a few days and after telling a few people about it, i was convinced it was just a dream untill,,,,,,

A short time after, i cant remember exactly how long i was sat here at my computer about 3am or some silly time in the morning, and heard something in the kitchen smash not the sound of a window but more like a plate, so i sat perfectly still for a moment or two listening. not another sound, so i went too check (being all brave hehe) and there was nothing, i thought maybe a plate had slipped in the cubard, i checked everywhere nothing had broken, this happened about 3 or 4 times over the next few weeks, i checked each time and still nothing was broken.

Im not too sure on the time scale of these things, but it started off slowly. but,, I went out for my friends birthday, just too a local pub and id been sitting there for about 30mins and i felt something stroke my leg. i thought it was just my friend joking with me cause i wasnt paying attention too her, but when i turned around she hadnt moved and had a cigarette in her hand, i asked her if she had just touched my leg and just looked at me all confused. so a few drinks later we changed pubs, i was still sober, maybe a little giggly, and i had gone to the bar and was on my way back with the drinks and i got through half a step and my foot just stopped, there was deffinatly something there, only for a second or 2 but i definatly felt something stop my foot in thin air, i asked my friend if she had seen it and she said yes. so anyway when i finally got home (a little worse for ware) i had just finished eating my dinner and was picking up my plate and again something stopped my hand from moving this time, it was like a cold sort of fuzzy feeling but definatly had a solid feeling too it, (sorry its really hard to describe)

theres lots and lots more to this. but im not sure if ive wrote too much or if people want too read anymore, so id be happy too tell the rest, just let me know! grin2.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• booboo

• Ruthie

• Cufflink

• Thistle

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Booboo. original.gif

It takes a lot of courage to post your personal experiences, so thank you for posting yours. I would love to read a full account of your story, as I know all the regulars would.

grin2.gif yey i got a reply hehe, thanx cuff.

ok heres the rest,,,,,,,,Well after that nite which i was very spooked at and wouldnt of slept if it hadnt been for the alcohol, i started to feel like i was being watched, and im 1 for staying up on the net till stupid hours of the morning chatting too people and i felt this constant feeling someone was behind me, more so than my usual parranoid something is in the room with me, alot of my family are all receptive to this kind of thing and ive always felt spirits with me, or what i think to be spirits and have seen quite a few. but anyway back to my story,,,, i had this constant chill on my right shoulder, every now and then it would move a little bit, and i wasnt sat in a draft and the rest of my body was warm, other than the odd cold shiver id get, but this went on for weeks no matter where i would go there was this constand feeling not just in my mind but it would affect my body too i could always sense where it was and it was always! behind me.

I remember one night i was laying in bed, again on my side and i could feel almost like a cold breath on my neck, it definatly wasnt a draft or anything else it. it went or for about 10mins, im positive it was in bed with me, it didnt touch me at all just lay there breathing on me, so too say the least i was freaked out and jumped out of bed and went back on the computer an hour or so later i felt it back behind me. I almost stopped being scared after it went on for so long and after many sleepless nights it just got almost normal to have this presence with me, my friends laughed and made fun of me when i told them about it, apart from my friend Helen who i had gone to the pub with one night and neither of us where drinking alcohol and we where sat in the corner, no windows open, no possiby draft (sorry to keep saying no draft, but i know if i dont im likely to get a question are you sure it wasnt a draft hehe wink2.gif ) and her hair got flick from infront of her face we both saw it happen, and id been telling her about what had been happeneing, she was more freaked out than i had been hehe.

Anyway this all went on for ages, lots of little things, i saw things like a black shadow flying around 1 night, just out the corner of my eye, but...im pretty sure that maybe my imagination had just got the better of me, but i guess ill never know. but to bring things to an end cause im rambling on a bit now.

I was sat on a bus, on my own other than 1 man sat at the back but too far for it too have been him, and i was just coming up to my stop, and a felt this almost like a punch in my shoulder i dont remember it hurting, but my shoulder moved right forward (giggles to myself, maybe he thought id forget to get up at my stop and was just reminding me hehe) but it wasnt funny at the time and it was the last straw he had started to get a little bit confident with the things he was doing and strangly enough my friend phoned me the next night and asked if i would like to go to a spiritulist church (dont think thats spelt right) i wasnt too sure what 1 was, but she kinda explained the basics of it and i agreed to go, we went that night, and i was the first to be picked out to be spoken too, and this little old lady, started too tell me about a spirit lady that was stood next too me ( but thats a different story) and she finially got to this bit about who i take to be this ghost that had been following me around, and she told me that there was a man named Henry who was trying too contact me and that he wasnt a very nice person and something about, he'd try to make me do things i didnt want too ( i had been feeling realllly depressed most of the time he'd been with me wether or not that is what she meant, that he was going to make me try and harm myself i dont know) but she told me i needed too tell him i knew what his game was and he was too leave me alone,,,

so i told my sister and my dad about all this she had said and said i couldnt say this thing outloud and that i felt so stupid. so my sister spoke up and shouted it all around the house. and its left me alone ever since, (as far as i know) ,,, thanx for reading i know i type alot, but i enjoyed reading all your stories so much i had too share mine ,,, grin2.gif

That was a fascinating story booboo, thanks for sharing it. Did you ever find out more about who " Henry " was?

And about the old woman.....I'd love to hear more about her.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks for posting the rest of your story, Booboo.

There are quite a few parts of your story that strike a chord with me, relating to similar things, which family members and friends have told me. Can I ask, how old were you at the time this started to happen? I have a friend who attracted the attention of a spirit when she was at a certain age.

I'm not certain about your sleep experience. On the surface, that looks like a case of sleep paralysis, but it is interesting that your experiences started after that.

The advice of the spiritualist church is instantly familiar. We were told to do the same thing to get rid of our problems. Your `friend' Henry seems a nice chap, because our guests had no intention of listening! tongue.gif

Anyway, is he/it definitely gone? And do you feel better now?

Thanks for sharing with us, sweety. original.gif

yea Thistle, i asked around in my family if anyone had been called Henry, there was nobody as far back as any1 can remember, my mum had a family tree done a short time after (not to try n find him) and i searched though it and nobody called Henry in there, so i really dont know who he was.

And the old woman turned out to be my nana who had passed away a when i was about 11 and she had lots to say for herself, but id felt my arm my freezing cold before the medium had told me she was stood next too me which was kinda weird, the dates i was given matched her death month and lots of other things where told too me that all turned out true.

and in answer too cuff, i was 18 or 19, it was about a year or so ago, i think id of been 19. and yea im pretty sure that hes gone, my dads decided i attract these things, cause im always coming home with stories hehe.and my depresion went almost as quick as he did, wether or not it was caused by him im not sure, maybe it was lack of sleep or something.

I was at my friends house the other nite and there was definatly something in the house we all heard it and once every1 was asleep i heard and felt alot me, with Henry i very rarely felt threatend but i did with this one. its prety close to another story i read on here about the mass grave in Liverpool on Edge Lane Drive, its just about 10mins away from that, not sure if its related at all, but i didnt like it, thinking maybe i wont stay there again anytime soon! tongue.gif

its prety close to another story i read on here about the mass grave in Liverpool on Edge Lane Drive, its just about 10mins away from that, not sure if its related at all, but i didnt like it, thinking maybe i wont stay there again anytime soon! tongue.gif

Oh my God!! ohmy.gif

The Edge Lane Drive story of Hammy's?!! scared.gifscared.gifscared.gif

Crikey! Wouldn't catch me staying there, either. tongue.gif

i didnt like it, thinking maybe i wont stay there again anytime soon! tongue.gif

Can't blame you for that booboo, think I'd stay away as well. It's nice that your Gran is there tho', perhaps if the medium was right about" Henry " wanting to harm you, she might have been there to look out you.

By the way.......Welcome to the forum thumbsup.gif

thanx thistle grin2.gif . yea the story of Hammys, she does some great 1s,

but my friends house is about 10-15mins away from that, not too sure on the distance, but the house is huge! and they have heard ppl running up and down the stairs and the cellar seems to be the worse place, they had to padlock it because the door kept opening on its own and none of them like it down there, and i just wont go, cause i always turn up there at nite and im a bit of a wimp hehe, and once every1 had gone too bed, im positive there was something else in the room with me, i heard it sit on my friends bed, and there was alot of like a knocking on a door or a window, theres about 4 floors to this place so difficult to work out where things are coming from, and the house is freezing all the time.

i likes getting replys hehe i think im hooked lol tongue.gif

Hi booboo, thanks for telling us your story. That's the sort of stuff that puts you off going to bed of a night sad.gif

Interesting to hear that a friend has a house near Edge Lane Drive, is that a slow or fast 10mins away (I'm assuming you're walking of course).

its hard too say the distance, ive not been out walking around there, only been about 3 times, but looking at the map, you have Edge Lane, which is huge!!! and at the end off it is Edge Lane drive, but i cant imagine it being anymore tha a 20min walk at the very most, but ill try n find out for you! grin2.gif

Hi Booboo!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting your story! It was very interesting!

I think I'm "hooked" on this forum to! tongue.gif

I know very vell that I get REALLY scared by reading the stories, but I just can't help it! tongue.gif

Hugs from Ruthie! grin2.gif

yea me too Ruthie, ive slept with my light on the past few days since i started to read this gigglessss, im glad you liked my story. grin2.gif

grin2.gif

I live with my boyfriend, and he ALWAYS falls asleep before me. So there I'm lying trying to fall asleep, with the light on, hiding my head under my blanket.. LOL!

And I always get thirsty in the evening, and drink a lot of water. So I wake up in the middle of the night having to use the bathroom! I hate that! tongue.gif Having to get up in the dark freaks me out!

yea i dont like getting up in the night to go the toilet or something, scares me senseless, but ive never!! liked the dark, wonders if this is true with other ppl that can sense ghosts?

would be interesting to know!,

cause when its dark i always seem to feel there presence around me more, maybe its just fear or the dark or just me being parranoid!

I have also been scared of the dark since I was a kid.

I had kind of gotten over it a bit, when I was 17.

But then the teachers of the boarding school tok us students for a hike into a forrest, in the middle of the night.

It was very dark, and we where separated into groups with 3-4 people in each group. As we were walking in the dark, a teacher jumped out in front of us, with a flashlight wrapped in some white plastic.

I was so scared I just ran 30-40 meters, started jumping up and down, and I was crying my eyes out! My friend was in the same group as me, she got so scared that she started bleeding from her nose!

I think it was a very bad thing to do to us!!

After that I've been more scared of the dark then ever before!

-Ruthie-

GEE that sounds really wierd and scary i would of hated to be you then....

ohmy.gif all of this stuff is cool and i loved to be scared!!!! it is so fun. hahahahahaha laugh.gifhuh.gif g2g

Laterz punk_rocker cat.gif

I have also been scared of the dark since I was a kid.

I had kind of gotten over it a bit, when I was 17.

But then the teachers of the boarding school tok us students for a hike into a forrest, in the middle of the night.

It was very dark, and we where separated into groups with 3-4 people in each group. As we were walking in the dark, a teacher jumped out in front of us, with a flashlight wrapped in some white plastic.

I was so scared I just ran 30-40 meters, started jumping up and down, and I was crying my eyes out! My friend was in the same group as me, she got so scared that she started bleeding from her nose!

I think it was a very bad thing to do to us!!

After that I've been more scared of the dark then ever before!

-Ruthie-

wow ruthie, that was so mean of the, i think id still be crying over that!!!.

can you remember before that why you where scared of the dark, or was it just the normal monsters in the corner kid fears ( no offense too any1 that belives in monsters and things) just using it too explain my point

Hi!

I guess I was (and still am..) scared of the dark, because I kind of feel that I am not alone. It feels like it's something in the dark that I can't see, but it can see me..

It's probably just my overactive imagination, but I can't help it.. -And you never know for sure..

-Ruthie-

yea i get the same feeling, and i dont like it lol

When I think back to when I was a kid, I don't remember ever beeing scared of monsters, I don't think I even believed in monsters..

When I was a kid I used to have a fear about fires. Waking up in the middle of the night, beeing scared that our house would burn down!

I think that was my biggest fear as a kid.

I'm still scared of the thought of beeing trapped inside a burning house.

-Ruthie-

i dont think i ever belived in monsters either, i was always afraid of ppl being in my room, unable to see them in the dark ive always felt like ive been watched.

where you ever in a fire when you where younger, or a bad dream or something to give you that fear? i think i always used to worry about fire and still do, im very careful, more so than others, i always doube check things are turned off

I have never been in a fire, but I guess it is possible that I had seen one, and that's what scared me. But I can't remember seeing a fire as a kid.

My mom told me that just after i learned to walk, I stood by the coffetable and put my finger into the flame of a burning candle. I was just standing there looking at the flame, and my mom had to pull me away. LOL! I have absolutely no idea of why I didn't pull my finger out, it must have hurt!

And I to feel that there are people in the dark, looking at me.

I'm VERY carefull when it comes to prevent fire.

Except for a couple of times I've set my hair on fire.. SCARY!! tongue.gif

2 times with a candle, and once with my cigarette.. Luckily I got the fire put out before I got hurt. grin2.gif

-Ruthie-