Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Have You Tried To Teach

Jodie.Lynne

Here is a 180 turnabout from another thread:

What is the thing you have tried to impart to others? And do you think its been successful?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leonardo

• bornagainuhmanduh

• MUM24/7

• airika

Top Posters In This Topic

I have attempted to show everyone on here that I'm a wonderful, loving, kind person, and I didn't quite get that right.

I'm kind of new here but I want people to know that they don't have to stress out about a lot of things. A lot of people stress out over things that don't matter, and they get into to stuff with other people over stuff that doesn't matter. I want people to understand the essentials, and to realize that when you stop worrying about the drama and the "stuff" life is actually not that bad.

let go let life.....that whatever is occuring is oerfect for you have intentions but not expectations don't become asddicted to a particular result a particular way a particular path you are the beloved never beleive anything that teaches otherwise.... ....raise the bar on your prefernces to acceptances, this will put you on the road to peace...remember its only a game ....... and have fun enjoy yourself life is absoulutely delicious live it fully.....

Edited by Supra Sheri

whatever someone learns from me is exactly what I was trying to teach.

:P

I am forced to disagree with you, Airika, I think you have been successful.

Edited by texasgirlheather

I have attempted to show everyone on here that I'm a wonderful, loving, kind person, and I didn't quite get that right.

I never thought otherwise :mellow:, you seem nice to me :P.

I don't think I would say that I have tried teaching people anything. I don't push my views on anyone, so I guess I would say that I hope that others, from reading my posts, can accept that whether someone is gay, liberal, republican, atheist, christian, or muslim...etc that behind the label they are still human, and still have feelings; and that it is important that we do not judge a book by its cover.

pwah! I take this as a challence! I say im kinder more loving and wonderfull than YOU *sticks tongue out* prrr

The other answers here takes some dedication if they realy feel they think they have been are will be succesfull in teaching people who does not already agree those things. But I can also see they don't say wether or not they think they have been succesfull so there.

I've tried to teach others that Christians are loving people who can accept someone without agreeing with them.

I was also one of the people that taught BM that not all "fundy's" are extremist hate-filled Christians.

I've tried to teach others that Some Christians are loving people who can accept someone without agreeing with them.

I was also one of the people that taught BM that not all "fundy's" are extremist hate-filled Christians.

sorry but I could not help correcting that *whistles innocently*

:w00t: Edited by Condescending

Even though i may come over as "preachy" on some topics, this question made me think, and I realised that I am not trying to teach anyone anything.

As a real teacher for nearly 40 years, one thing i learned early was that the harder you try to "teach" something, the more the teaching can get in the way of the learning of others.

On the forum, I try to present opinion and ideas which may help people think differently, or just think, about issues. I try to use real and, where possible, personal stories and experiences. I try to make them interesting and relatively "accesible" to others, although this is difficult, given the need to communicate quite complex ideas on a number of levels.

Certainly, I will present strong personal viewpoints, and try to argue/defend them as strongly and logically as possible. Likewise, I try to read and ounderstand other's viewpoints, so that if I disagree with them, I have logical reasons for doing so.

By default, I am probably presenting two messages. First, this is me, and part of the way I am, and part of the why I am. Second, that used well, these forums are an incredible opportunity to; present, debate, and discuss a huge range of facts and philosophies.

I've tried to teach others that Christians are loving people who can accept someone without agreeing with them.

I'm still learning this one! ;) I guess it's important to remember the word extremist.

i never really tried to teach anyone anything... until lately...

STOP TAKING BIBLE VERSES OUT OF CONTEXT... ON PURPOSE!!!

i've noticed that some people do that a lot, just to make their point valid... other than that, i'm just here to learn and debate...

He who says does not know,

he who knows does not say,

not because the wise dont speak,

but because it cannot be spoken,

Like throwing a stone at the stars,

but one day and that day may be soon,

you to will know.

What is the thing you have tried to impart to others? And do you think its been successful?

You got me stumped...I really don't do anything...I just, y'know, post. Usually without much thought or consideration :tu:

You got me stumped...I really don't do anything...I just, y'know, post. Usually without much thought or consideration :tu:

Hey Manny......*shows a little ankle* YOO HOO! (airika and I couldn't stop laughing at that) See, you teach people to laugh!

I'm kind of new here but I want people to know that they don't have to stress out about a lot of things. A lot of people stress out over things that don't matter, and they get into to stuff with other people over stuff that doesn't matter. I want people to understand the essentials, and to realize that when you stop worrying about the drama and the "stuff" life is actually not that bad.

Don't sweat the small stuff, good one.

In answer to the question, I'm learning, not teaching.......... :)

I have tried to teach tolerance inspite of difference and love because of difference.

Next weeks lesson: The selfishness of love, and why it is better to give than to recieve. :)

I have not attempted to teach anything to anyone. All I have done here is put my opinion out there, and let people learn what they will from it. In a sea of black and whites with absolutes on both side of the spectrum it is difficult to teach, it is more a large conundrum of ideas and opinions and sometimes one or two people will take one and make it their own. That's the wonderful thing about open discussion is that even if we stay the same we know more, and we understand more. Our eyes are pried open just a little bit more to understanding who other people are and to put ourselves in their shoes and relate to their thought process. I don't think anyone here teaches, but everybody learns by observing how other people act and why they act that way.

I have not attempted to teach anything to anyone. All I have done here is put my opinion out there, and let people learn what they will from it. In a sea of black and whites with absolutes on both side of the spectrum it is difficult to teach, it is more a large conundrum of ideas and opinions and sometimes one or two people will take one and make it their own. That's the wonderful thing about open discussion is that even if we stay the same we know more, and we understand more. Our eyes are pried open just a little bit more to understanding who other people are and to put ourselves in their shoes and relate to their thought process. I don't think anyone here teaches, but everybody learns by observing how other people act and why they act that way.

:tu:

What is the thing you have tried to impart to others? ?

That Mum knows best..... ;)

Edited by MUM24/7

Id have to say that there is still hope...all though I dont agree with 98 % of the opinions I see .. I can at one point or another :w00t: and :rofl: inbetween the :no: and :td: ..that said..I personally care not rather others agree with my opinons or not. I do think i have successfully succeded in bringing that point across..I think I have succeeded in standing for that, i do entirely beleive the word of god is the word of god..rather others agree that it is or not..please correct me if im wrong on my success..

I think the one thing that I have tried to teach is that not all people can be categorized.

I think for a long time people have tended to push people into "typical" categories.

Ex. You start debating evolution theory and fwammo that automatically means you believe in Creation theory.

You start debating Biblical interpretation and that automatically means you hate believers.

You state you are an atheist and that means ABC and that you also believe X

If you say you believe Gay Marriage rights people are flummoxed that you think abortion is murder.

I wish for example that people would listen to what thaphantum says without automatically assuming that he's being insincere. Its annoying to me that when he challenged evolution theory people started responding about Creationism.

At the same time thaphantum drove me nuts when I was asking about what Satan did, and he started talking about what God did or Hitler did.

I would like to teach people how much can be learned by staying completely on topic and looking at the fine line nuances in that topic alone.

Also to try to look at things from an academic point of view rather than a personal one.