Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Megalodon

Detective Mystery

Does anybody think the prehistoric shark is still swimming in these waters?

here's a link for those who wants to know how a megalodon looks like.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Mystery

• Mad Manfred

• jesspy

• kenshinx

Well, the last ones died out around 10,000 years ago (Mesopotamia, Sumeria and Jericho were around in those days, so not long ago) and the ocean's one gigantic place...it's possible I'd say.

Well, the last ones died out around 10,000 years ago (Mesopotamia, Sumeria and Jericho were around in those days, so not long ago) and the ocean's one gigantic place...it's possible I'd say.

I want to believe! :yes:

imagine how it would be like for sailors and fishermen to have such a monster

maybe we find so many new things in our oceans it would be nice. in the 1970s some fishermen caught a fish off the coast of japan it was supposed to be extinct for 30 million years i have to find that article it was in a book. But yeah who knows what we will pull up from the deep

Another theory is that during the last ice age they evolved into deep-sea creatures to avoid the freezing temperatures.

sharks ARE prehistoric already.....finding a really really large one wouldn't really suprise me..

i thought the goblin shark was awesome -

i do believe are deep deep underwater oases - unreached as yet

maybe we find so many new things in our oceans it would be nice. in the 1970s some fishermen caught a fish off the coast of japan it was supposed to be extinct for 30 million years i have to find that article it was in a book. But yeah who knows what we will pull up from the deep

I remember that also,It was a dead whale shark.I know its the somethings sea monster,It looked all fleshy and slimey right?I remember reading an article that it was indeed not a sea monster.If It was the pics of it hanging by the crane of a ship,Than that is the fake sea monster one.Another one taken in the 70's was unknown :o

Which ocean should the shark lurk in, the pacific or the atlantic?

Does anybody think the prehistoric shark is still swimming in these waters?

here's a link for those who wants to know how a megalodon looks like.

Yes I do. 75% of the earth is covered in water,of that approx.25% of that has been actively explored,that leaves 75%.So I believe anything could still exist.

The coelacanth? If anything that serves as evidence against megalodon.

If they were able to find a fish around 3ft long in 1938, why are we still unable to find a massive 52ft shark?

Another theory is that during the last ice age they evolved into deep-sea creatures to avoid the freezing temperatures.

Despite mounting water pressure and scarce food supply?

From what we know.. They lived from roughly 25 to 1.6 million years ago, during the Miocene and Pliocene epochs. They died out during the Ice Age due to competition From killer whales and since most of there food Whales moved north they died out.

If they where still alive today.. they would be about this size

linked-image