Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The full moon

Wani

Okay, we all know about the full moon and all the stories behind it (Werewolves and such)

So, I want to know one thing. Have you guys ever actually noticed any link with ghost activity and the full moon?

Two or three days on each side of the new and full moon are the most productive for ghost activity because the lunar cycle generates the strongest geomagnetic earth fields. Ghosts are electromagnetic in nature and as part of the electromagnetic spectrum, use the geomagnetic fields for apparition.

By the way, where you asking for opinions, or hinting that you have personally noticed an influence that a full moon has upon ghosts and supernatural activity?

Maybe you see more ghosts during a full moon because it's brighter then. Lol.

grin.gif

Seriously though, I have never heard of this line of thinking. Maybe there's something in it.

Thanks Dakoda.

I was semi asking for opinions, mostly because I'm just curious. Don't know why. Ghost stuff terrifies me. :s2

But personally, I've never had an encounter with ghosts or such, except for one time when I was in primary school, when I went to a haunted house with my class. That was mostly a hoax, I believe. Too much activity. There were poltergeists, plus tons of sightings of normal ghosts. :D

If I had the money and the vehicle, I'd go back there and check it out... If I did.... Which I don't.

Darn.

I dunno if it increases ghostly activity, but oddly a night with a full moon seems often to have more trouble - I used to work helping promote nightclubs in london and every night that there was a full moon you knew there was gonna be more trouble than usual.  

• 5 months later...

if the trouble is caused by women, then that is because the full moon affects the womens period and makes it worse than it usually is, for men it makes them more aggressive, it is all down to the fact that the human body is largely made up of water and the moon controls the water on the planet.

For some reason the moons power is magnified when it is full.

• 1 month later...

The only time ive seen a ghost was in the partial light of a full moon. That was really strange because i never seen anything like that before or beleived in things like that, so that was really freaky. What it looked like was a tall blond girl, taller than me. I seen it for just a sec and then it turned and vanished into the forest. Me and my friend who was with me tried to track it with no luck. We heard its voice around us in the forest though. I aint usually afraid of anything, but this supernatural stuff really bothers me. Is there anyone else who've seen something like it?

the only other phenomenon that i have notice is that around this time my fiancee gets a bit hairy and goes out hunting for blood, namely mine. biggrin.gif

laugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif Ahhh poor Al...

Mind you saying that, normally around a full moon, I've noticed that I get more mischievous tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

crime goes up on full moon nights. they say its because there is more light, but i have to agree with PurpleStuart's philosophy. the full moon has strange effects on people.

• Like 1

The moon effects lots of things , I dont know about ghosts but I plant my vegetable garden by the phases of the moon . Leaf crops should be plated during the full moon because that is when the water is closest to the surface and root crops should be planted with the new moon as the water is drawn further into the soil .

It wouldn't surprise me if peoples imaginations run a little wilder during a full moon though that could explain any increase in ghostly activity. If there was one. smile.gif

• 11 years later...

It is fact that very few reported sightings of werewolves or the beast of bray road all over the world are NOT during the fool moon. It looks to me like Loup-Garou are seen a few days prior to the full moon.

Can you show where you got these statistics from. I am very interested

• Like 1

There could be a link between a full moon and more ghost sightings.but I don't think any body ever did a study on it

Ghosts are electromagnetic in nature

Does any scientific evidence exist to confirm this? Or is it just speculation?

• Like 1

Um, this thread is 12 years old, and Dakoda hasn't been on in 11 years. I doubt you will get an answer from them.

• Like 2

Okay, we all know about the full moon and all the stories behind it (Werewolves and such)

So, I want to know one thing. Have you guys ever actually noticed any link with ghost activity and the full moon?

There is nothing special about the phases of the moon other than the amount of sunlight it is reflecting. The greatest lunar effect is gravity as witnessed by the tides.

• Like 1

This is a good thread.

Whilst I believe in ghosts as some form of stored energy activated under certain conditions with an atmosphere and the viewing human, I fail to see a currently viable combination with the moon, in a scientific sense.

Pop culture of horror has driven into us how a full moon somehow lends itself to supernatural occurrences, I don't really believe it, not in the subject of hauntings anyhow, unless the full moon had some kinda significance to the particular departed person and they imprinted themselves under a traumatic/incredibly happy moment directly correlated with a full moon, it'd mean their 'imprint' also had sentience regarding when a full moon occurs etc.

That is just made-up stuff to give the illusion of legitimacy. In one breath they will tell you that ghosts are EM fields in the next they will tell you that science is not advanced enough to quantify ghosts.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

Um, this thread is 12 years old, and Dakoda hasn't been on in 11 years. I doubt you will get an answer from them.

Crap, I have to start checking those time stamps. :)

• Like 1

All i know is that when there is a full moon i feel weird and bad things happen, Think it has something to do with gravity that's what i heard.

All i know is that when there is a full moon i feel weird and bad things happen, Think it has something to do with gravity that's what i heard.

No, actually it doesn't. The lunar orbit is sightly elliptical. Gravity follows the inverse square law so when the moon is furthest away from us its gravitational pull on Earth is somewhat weaker than when it is at its nearest point. That cycle does not correspond at all with the phases of the moon. If there is a difference in behavior during full moons, it is only in the minds of those who believe there is a full moon effect.

• Like 2

Well, I have noticed a major of the public that come into the store I work, on a full moon, really act............crazy. I think half of them are not really in tune about the moon and it's effects. Remember that super moon a couple of years ago, that night, people were acting like wolves. But as a paranormal geek myself, I yet to notice a difference in the moon and ghost activity. Frankly, I would rather be visited by ghost than raving lunatic customers, full moon or not.

• Like 1