Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

yacht crew dissapears leaves food on table

jesspy

Yacht found drifting off Australia

linked-image

Australian coastguards say they are puzzled by the discovery off the Queensland coast of a yacht with its engine running, food laid out on the table, but no crew.

A laptop was also switched on and the global positioning satellite system was working.

Survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, and three life jackets were also found on board, but no life rafts.

The 12-metre catamaran was found 128km off Townsville on the northeast coast, but there was no sign of the three crewmen who had set sail from Queensland for Australia's west coast on Sunday.

The yacht's sails were up but one was badly shredded.

The KAZ 11 was spotted adrift on the outer Great Barrier Reef on Wednesday.

Rescue crews boarded the vessel today but there was no sign of the three crew men, aged 56, 63 and 69.

Rescuers have retrieved the boat's GPS system to analyse data to help them track the yacht's progress.

linky

My apologies I wasnt sure where to stick this article so please feel free to move it mr/ms Moderator

Edited by jesspy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• Ghost Ship

• chaoszerg

• chemical-licker

What could have they had on board that would have been worth more than the ship itself? If I was the pirate, I'd have taken the boat too...

Maybe they went diving and forgot they left the sails up and yoink the boat drifted off. Or it's the Mary Celest all over again :o

Edited by chaoszerg

something made em leave the boat

i say one fell over board the others tried to save him

considering their ages they couldnt have lsted long in the water

but that doesnt acount for the missing lifeboat

unless one of the men tried to use it to get to the others

Details emerge about mystery yacht

Footage taken out at sea shows the 12-metre abandoned catamaran KAZ II drifting with three black fenders dangling off its port side.

Jeff Anderson, from the Port Doulgas Coastguard, said fenders were usually only used when one vessel was pulling up alongside another.

"Or if you were pulling up to a pontoon. No other reason for doing it, generally."

"[Fenders] stop whatever's running alongside the vessel from scratching it."

The catamaran's dingy was still attached, police said, but this was disputed by emergency services crew out at the scene at dawn today who said there was no lifeboat to be seen.

"They got on board and said the engine was running, the computers were running, there was a laptop set up on the table which was running, the radio was working, the GPS was working and there was food and utensils set on the table ready to eat, but no sign of the crew," he said.

"It was a bit strange."

Meteorologists have ruled out the possibility a freak wave swept the three men overboard.

"There was no evidence of a freak wave occurring in that area [in that time]," said Greg Connor, from the Townsville Bureau of Meteorology. "Weather conditions were relatively good."

Mr Connor said no unusual weather was recorded in the area between Sunday and Wednesday.

"There were quite strong trade winds — south-easterlies at 20 knots — but nothing that should have caused concern," he said.

"The weather on Sunday, Monday wasn't too good - there was a fair sort of a wind blowing out there.

"But it's improved since then, so who knows what could have happened."

linky

Probably just wanted to chuck everything and just disappear.

maybe they found an island full of beautiful women! and used the lifeboat to get there.. forgeting to turn of the engines and evrything else. and some birds was flying thru the sail and ripped it apart.. hmm makes sense to me

maybe they found an island full of beautiful women! and used the lifeboat to get there.. forgeting to turn of the engines and evrything else. and some birds was flying thru the sail and ripped it apart.. hmm makes sense to me

maybe it was batman......makes sense to me

some kind of weird water-world type 'boat-jacking" comes to mind . either that or some kind of freak accident -- sea-monster ?

They were hijacked by a band of rogue dolphins carrying flick knives.

Edited by chaoszerg

Here's the other thread. ^^

if they were abducted normally theres a ransom that goes to the family, i have no damn idea, possible another ship came and maybe the crew had guns or something, made them change ships in a life boat, and then dumped the ship near the shore, cut the sails so it wouldnt drift as fast, giving them more time to get away, but it still doesnt explain why they did it, unless they killed them for no reason or something, my guess is there still alive being held captive or something. also i think they were taken in a bigger ship, due to the face with the fenders on the side of it and a bigger ship normally means they will be taken somewhere far away.

Why was the sail all cut up? Wow. This ones a doozy. It will get everyone thinking about The Mary Celeste again!

Insurance fraud or may be they are Faking there deaths coz they owe some money.

Yes. Thats a good theory. They are probably on there way to the kaymen islands laughing it up looking at there own obituaries.

Whatever it was, tell the crew when you find them that I am "borrowing" the yacht until they get back. B)

Edited by MR_MOE

Ok! Where are all of the members with psychic powers? There must be someone with a gut feeling besides hunger. :unsure:

Strange! Although I believe, the crew did set off during bad weather.

Ok! Where are all of the members with psychic powers? There must be someone with a gut feeling besides hunger. :unsure:

Here's a dream I had around the same time they actually went missing. ( Link ) Then about three days later this story was on the news about the boat.

I know the dreams are alittle different because of what my son said he dreamt but my main dream was of me in the water with an older man(50yr maybe) who was dying. I thought I was going to die as well but I tried to save him, but then I think I got saved by another person or something( A bright white hand). It all kinda gets mixed up but yeah... its not often I dream like that and it was very scary. Like a vivid nightmare.

Anyway there was more to my dream which I didnt type because its mixed up and I dont fully understand the order... but I remember thinking about someone attracting sharks first, and then basically falling in, and then another jumped in to save him but realised then that he wasnt drowning but was being eaten. And by more than one shark because one huge one swam right under me towards the one who was already being eaten. I also remember seeing a redish floating thing which was connected to the rope which I think is what knocked the first guy in. I dont remember very much just mainly swimming in the water which was very scary and getting dark(and the weather wasnt good..)and there were sharks in the water. I wanted to get to a boat but was closer to the person screaming and I think it was like I didnt know he was being eaten until I got close enough.

Anyway I guess because of that dream and the timing of it all(and the name of the boat).. my guess would be something similar to my dream but I cant explain the 3rd guy. Maybe two people got knocked off the boat in a really bad spot and the 3rd went in to save them, but then saw the sharks. I dunno... Thats a crazy guess but I'm going with they all got eaten or drowned after falling in and trying to save each other.

One thing which I keep thinking about though is that in my dream later, a boat like that one arrived on a beach with nice white sand which had people and familes playing. It was like we had all 'arrived' and thats when I jumped off the boat(which I didnt sail) and I just streched out on the sand like a cat in the sun does on its back. It was a happy ending anotherwords.. the sun was shining and the waters were crystal clear blue.. and we had just arrived.