Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thousands quit britain

chemical-licker

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070420/tuk-...in-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Around 500 Brits a day are leaving the country, with Australia, Spain and France the most popular destinations, although far more new immigrants are arriving, official figures showed Friday.

The most recent statistics show that 380,000 people emigrated from Britain for a year or more, of whom over half were British citizens.

In the same period, 565,000 migrants arrived to live in Britain for at least a year, boosting the country's overall population by 185,000, the highest figure since 1991, National Statistics said.

Of those arriving, 80,000 came from eastern European countries which joined the European Union in May 2004, with 70 percent of these Polish citizens, according to the 2005 figures.

In 2004-05, 71,000 Brits emigrated to Australia compared to 58,000 to Spain and 42,00 to France.

At the same time, 99,000 came to this country from India, 76,000 from Poland and 59,000 from China.

Nearly half of those coming to Britain gave work-related reasons, while almost a quarter of immigrants came to study in Britain.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracysrus

• ships-cat

• chemical-licker

• IronGhost

i love the idea of immigrants coming to england, they need to be taught CLASS! im fed up with seeing them in there red tracksuit bottoms thinking their so cool.

England is like the college for the planet earth, bring all your useless here and we will assimilate you so you to can love rock n roll, freedom,democracy, beer, AND FOR CHRIST SAKE CLOTHES ARE SO CHEAP NOWADAYS BUY A PAIR OF JEANS.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY, feel like painting the road yellow

i think people are quitting london becaus eits to stressfull, i was on the underground the other day all i saw crazy people, 1 talking ot himself and their was no mobile phone hands free. another shouting at his partner! LONDON IS NUTS!

i would love to goto another country, my paranoia is not speaking another language but i see it dont stop half of them coming over here ;)

i would love togo to spain but i hear they hate the english, even though the english have made them so rich :lol:

I'm not surprised at this. It's happened before, the waxing and waning of indiginous and non-indiginous people in GB. Just a phase at the moment in my opinion.

I am quitting Britain for many reasons but 50% taxation (half by stealth) to fund teenage mums fags and booze, lazy, good-for-nothings council houses who lie around smoking joints, drinking cider and playing xboxes when they should be forced to pick up litter for their handouts, billions to people who chose to have kids through family tax credit, penalising those who decided to wait until they could afford their own offspring before having them, to pay for illegal immigrants english lessons and legal aid, pointless foreign wars and new nuclear subs (whilst closing all military hospitals and forcing our troops to beg, borrow and steal basic kit) and handing cash to the EU so they can expand something that most people don't even want in the first place seems a good place to start.

Add on paying 100 quid a month to have the rubbish collected once a fortnight and have the police not come out to a crime unless there is a politically correct or target meeting angle for them, forget about the gangs of kids drinking on every corner, drugs, the upsurge in unprovoked violence, knife and gun culture, litter, pathetic schools led by the lowest common denominators and teachers paid too little to care

Then there is rip-off-Britain, paying the most for almost everything from cd's to cars. 90% tax on petrol and road taxes spiralling out of control but none of it seemingly spent on the jammed up roads or the very expensive but shambolic public transport system. Billions taken off smokers/drinkers but nothing spent on the NHS unless it is 100 grand a year for an art advisor to buy a 500 grand stone to stick outside the hospital doors, whilst nurses cannot afford housing in over 75% of the country and old people die on trolleys in hospital wards. Then encouraging us to take out private pensions and stealing them taking national insurance money for the NHS but encouraging private health plans, then taxing you on this 'benefit'.

Now they are introducing 'green taxes' on our holidays, houses and the cars we drive, ie taxes on taxes, they are even sending people around to check your house to tax you more if you have a nice view. This is just the tip of the iceberg, the patients are certainly running the asylum, its a sinking ship and I am joining the rats.

I don't blame people for leaving Britain, I would leave it too, 'cept I love my job and the firm I work for.

Things are getting so out of hand here that there is not much pleasure in day-to-day life at times.

Don't do this, don't do that, leave your rubbish out a day early and you get fined, leave a wrong item in the wrong kind of rubbish bag, yet another fine. If someone breaks into your house and you confront them and hit them, YOU end up getting done for assault.... the list is endless and stupid.

Ah, well, whatever. I'm an American, and probably have an idealized image of England, but I love visting there, so.

A couple of months ago I was staying in a comfortable little hotel called "The Bear of Rodborough" which is in the English Cotswolds, a relatively rural area of green hilly beauty.

There's nothing like drinking a couple of pints of bitter ale in a quaint English pub and having a lunch of hens eggs and blackened pudding - -and then going for a walk in the blissful English countryside.

Sure, there is a lot of Polish people in England now -- which is no problem for me, since I am a Polish American, and have fun testing out my archiac Polish speaking abilities on the recent immegrants. A couple of Polish gals working as hotel maids in England laughed very hard at my use of their language -- yet, they understood me - -I was probably like some kind of American "Borat" to them.

England is a great country, with a great culture, and there is hope for them yet -- I'm convinced of that.

[England is a great country, with a great culture, and there is hope for them yet -- I'm convinced of that.

I think there is hope...although it feels like we're on a bit of a knife-edge at the moment.

I can't imagine living anywhere else, other than Britain.

The Cotswolds is lovely..not very far from me. But if you went to parts of Birmingham you might think you were in a different country.

In the town where I live there are large numbers of Asians, Polish and others. 40 years ago it was a small town but became a 'New Town' to take what was called Birmingham 'overspill'.

Like I said...we're on a knife-edge at the moment...it COULD go pear shaped, but I hope not.

Moon monkey...I understand your frustrations...we've all got them...where are you going? If you don't mind me asking.

Edited by bee

Hah - Britain is gonng down the toilet. I don't blame the people who have left.

I doubt anyone outsdie the UK can really understand the frustrations and fears of the average working Cat.

This Cat is voting BNP in May 2007.... I have reservations about SOME of their policies, but on balance they are the only ones making sense. For the reasons that previous posters have outlined.

Meow grumble Purr

i love the idea of immigrants coming to england, they need to be taught CLASS! im fed up with seeing them in there red tracksuit bottoms thinking their so cool.

England is like the college for the planet earth, bring all your useless here and we will assimilate you so you to can love rock n roll, freedom,democracy, beer, AND FOR CHRIST SAKE CLOTHES ARE SO CHEAP NOWADAYS BUY A PAIR OF JEANS.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY, feel like painting the road yellow

So your saying England is the best country? Er.......

I've always consider moving to England, though my accent and last name would clearly give me away as a Frenchman.;)

Hah - Britain is gonng down the toilet. I don't blame the people who have left.

I doubt anyone outsdie the UK can really understand the frustrations and fears of the average working Cat.

This Cat is voting BNP in May 2007.... I have reservations about SOME of their policies, but on balance they are the only ones making sense. For the reasons that previous posters have outlined.

Meow grumble Purr

That is a very bold and brave declaration of your voting intentions in the May elections, ships cat!

I too am seriously thinking of voting BNP in the local elections.(there is a candidate standing where I live) Like you I have resevations of SOME aspects of the policies...but I won't be brainwashed into politically correct thinking.....it feels like a vote for the BNP is voting to give the main parties a kick up the backside.

Who-ever lives here now....lives here, and isn't going anywhere...but the brakes have to be pulled on or we're going to be living in a 'multi-cultural' hell...with civil war just round the corner.

There was an article in 'The Daily Mirror' today....Paul Routledge..who outlined the problem...employers benefit from immigration because they can get people happily working for the minimum wage or less...the middle class benefit from cheaper goods and services...but the working class are compromised in terms of jobs, services, housing and environment.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070420/tuk-...in-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Around 500 Brits a day are leaving the country, with Australia, Spain and France the most popular destinations, although far more new immigrants are arriving, official figures showed Friday.

Oh great, more whinging poms coming our way. I swear the only reason they come to Australia is to complain. "It's too hot", "the birds are too noisy", "why do they look at me funny when I ask for some bangers and mash", "wah wah wah".

Why can't we have more Brazilians come our way? It's always the bloody poms.

Well I'm having a huge dilemma deciding where my vote should go in the up coming local elections. The results are no doubt going to influence the big one when it comes for whether Scotland should become independent :huh: Quite frankly I'm sick to death of labour. I'm not convinced that there's the right gov in scotland to make a success of such move.....It bugs me how easily and sneakily they pass legislation, it's far to nanny state for my liking.

And I wish Jack McConnell would buy himself at least one decent looking tracksuit, he looks like a chav lately in the papers.

Edited by Anvil

Oh great, more whinging poms coming our way. I swear the only reason they come to Australia is to complain. "It's too hot", "the birds are too noisy", "why do they look at me funny when I ask for some bangers and mash", "wah wah wah".

Why can't we have more Brazilians come our way? It's always the bloody poms.

LMAO!!!!! :lol:

That right there.. is why I'd love to move to Australia! I love your humor.. but yea.. I probably couldn't take the heat you guys have there. H3ll, I can barely take the heat we get here in Portland Oregon anymore. We actually go almost 3 months without rain here in the summers now.. and when it hits 103F here day after day at times in the summer.. it's just not something we're used to in the Willamette Valley..

Oh and some of the things you say there are funny.. but there have been PLENTY that visit here from the UK and Australia all up the wazzoo when they see and visit a nearby city to me called "******S CORNER" , Oregon. I get a hoot from seeing or reading the reactions you guys get when you visit there. Believe me.. not many Oregonians are familiar with that term.. lol

Funny.. it got starred and it is A REAL CITY HERE

Crap the link got starred too! But there really is a CITY here in Oregon called W A N K E R S CORNER, ORegon.

My husband is from the UK. We met online many many years ago, but finally met face to face in Dec 2000 and married in May 2001! LOL

He never wants to go back and live in the UK where his mother, father, and family are. Yea, it's much warmer for him here in the summer, but for some silly reason he loves Oregon. Personally I'd love to move to the UK and bring up our now 3 yr old twin boys there.. but there are some of the things I've seen / read and heard about ... well I think it's best I stay here because I'm not about to be bullied around and be all "PC" around and about certain things... if any of you might understand what I mean...

One example bit here to watch on what I mean :

09/26/2006 Beck talks about how London Police agree to consult Muslim clerics before anti-terror raids.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfyen_bec...terror-09262006

Granted.. I don't really care for Beck.. but this sort of crap would NEVER fly here. And there are other things we've seen and read similar to this.. and well, as much as I can't stand my President.. (as most of Oregonians feel) I guess I am fine with staying here where I was born and raised after all. And if I have to stay in the USA, I prefer to stay in Oregon.

Edited by Cinders

I'm not about to be bullied around and be all "PC" around and about certain things... if any of you might understand what I mean...

Gosh, don't get me started on the PC brigade :wacko:

Who-ever lives here now....lives here, and isn't going anywhere...but the brakes have to be pulled on or we're going to be living in a 'multi-cultural' hell...with civil war just round the corner.

I can't imagine living in a place with an indigenous culture. Technically the Iroquois culture is the indigenous culture in upstate New York, but unfortunately we never get to see that culture expressed (there are so few of them). It seems like England has a right to demand that people speak English. Just as African countries have a right to ask their residents to honor their traditions. But realistically, cultures aren't defined legally-- they arise out of history combined with whatever population happens to be there now. The Academie Francaise is an example of people trying to legislate a culture. It doesn't work.

There was an article in 'The Daily Mirror' today....Paul Routledge..who outlined the problem...employers benefit from immigration because they can get people happily working for the minimum wage or less...the middle class benefit from cheaper goods and services...but the working class are compromised in terms of jobs, services, housing and environment.

Sounds pretty much like Bush's attitude towards illegal Mexican immigration. He supports it because it gives his business cronies the option of paying people less than minimum wage.

So your saying England is the best country? Er.......

I've always consider moving to England, though my accent and last name would clearly give me away as a Frenchman.;)

LOL you too, eh. if I had to pick another country to live in it would be anywhere in the U.K. or Australia

Sounds pretty much like Bush's attitude towards illegal Mexican immigration. He supports it because it gives his business cronies the option of paying people less than minimum wage.

Aren't those the jobs Americans don't want to do. indeed, maybe if it paid a fair wage they would want to do it!

[Aren't those the jobs Americans don't want to do. indeed, maybe if it paid a fair wage they would want to do it!

You had a mini arguement with yourself, there, Caesar...lol.

In the never ending search for profit, which probably wouldn't be possible if fair wages were paid for everything....many businesses in Britain don't want to (can't???) even pay the minimum wage...they up and leave to produce, what-ever they produce, in another country, where the wages are much lower.

Aren't those the jobs Americans don't want to do. indeed, maybe if it paid a fair wage they would want to do it!

I dunno about the US but in the UK those are the jobs that the lazy, uneducated good for nothings would have done before they realised that if they spawned a litter of urchins the government would give them a house and plenty of cash for their grass and super strength lager. How can we have 2 million unemployed and require immigrants to fill vacancies.

My friends brother is 33 and has never worked as he is an "alcoholic", so he gets extra money for sickness benefit and guess what he spends it on. The daughter of my next door neighbour has never worked, left school at 16 had a kid, got a house and drops a sprog by a different (missing) father every 2 or 3 years. Go into a pub on a council estate anytime any day and there they are (kids with them at weekends), and with the exponential increase in cash handouts as they reproduce we have a even larger wave coming over the next few years taught by their parents to milk the system. Do we think that the immigrants currently doing these jobs will continue after they get recourse to public funds ? I doubt it very highly. The workers will take their cash and go back home where the money will go further and the scum will settle down with their feet up.

With the 1/3 of the population now getting some form of handouts and 600,000 civil servents hired over the last few years the current governments tactics for vote getting becomes clear. These civil servents have to then justify their jobs by dreaming up some new ridiculous level of red-tape and PC-ishness and the circle is complete and self-fulfilling.

I am quitting Britain for many reasons but 50% taxation (half by stealth) to fund teenage mums fags and booze, lazy, good-for-nothings council houses who lie around smoking joints, drinking cider and playing xboxes when they should be forced to pick up litter for their handouts, billions to people who chose to have kids through family tax credit, penalising those who decided to wait until they could afford their own offspring before having them, to pay for illegal immigrants english lessons and legal aid, pointless foreign wars and new nuclear subs (whilst closing all military hospitals and forcing our troops to beg, borrow and steal basic kit) and handing cash to the EU so they can expand something that most people don't even want in the first place seems a good place to start.

Add on paying 100 quid a month to have the rubbish collected once a fortnight and have the police not come out to a crime unless there is a politically correct or target meeting angle for them, forget about the gangs of kids drinking on every corner, drugs, the upsurge in unprovoked violence, knife and gun culture, litter, pathetic schools led by the lowest common denominators and teachers paid too little to care

Then there is rip-off-Britain, paying the most for almost everything from cd's to cars. 90% tax on petrol and road taxes spiralling out of control but none of it seemingly spent on the jammed up roads or the very expensive but shambolic public transport system. Billions taken off smokers/drinkers but nothing spent on the NHS unless it is 100 grand a year for an art advisor to buy a 500 grand stone to stick outside the hospital doors, whilst nurses cannot afford housing in over 75% of the country and old people die on trolleys in hospital wards. Then encouraging us to take out private pensions and stealing them taking national insurance money for the NHS but encouraging private health plans, then taxing you on this 'benefit'.

Now they are introducing 'green taxes' on our holidays, houses and the cars we drive, ie taxes on taxes, they are even sending people around to check your house to tax you more if you have a nice view. This is just the tip of the iceberg, the patients are certainly running the asylum, its a sinking ship and I am joining the rats.

Can i come with you?

I'd type some sort on comment, but you've pretty much summed it all up.

coincidentally i've just had the Labour councillor knocking on my door asking if he could count on my vote at the soon to be held local elections. He looked a bit hurt when i told him that to my dying shame & to the detriment of my childrens future i made the mistake of voting for them last time, & that i wouldn't be making that mistake again & that the BNP was getting my vote next time.

I think a lot of Labour M.Ps will be hearing much the same on doorsteps at the next national elections.

i left england after i realised my kid wouldnt have a chance of a decent home or education.

health service is useless,transport system is useless,police service is there to serve ONLY the middle class socialists, and there are so many bent politicians force feeding people with "multicultural rich mix" line i felt like i was in nazi germany so........i moved to germany where im far happier.

and as for whinging poms there are plenty of dole scrounging aussies in england too!! telling everyone how great austrailia is everyday :sleepy:

great britain is a nation for outsiders to take take take thats it.

Can i come with you?

I'd type some sort on comment, but you've pretty much summed it all up.

coincidentally i've just had the Labour councillor knocking on my door asking if he could count on my vote at the soon to be held local elections. He looked a bit hurt when i told him that to my dying shame & to the detriment of my childrens future i made the mistake of voting for them last time, & that i wouldn't be making that mistake again & that the BNP was getting my vote next time.

I think a lot of Labour M.Ps will be hearing much the same on doorsteps at the next national elections.

Unfortunately it makes absolutely no difference who you vote for as they are just lying, self-serving, never-done-a-proper-job, out of touch old etonians. They spend more time worrying about how much to pay themselves, claim more expenses and how to allow themselves subsidised beer and fags whilst hitting the average joe every time without ever asking him his opinion.

Until the day a prospective governments manifesto is legally binding with consequences for the MP's if the electorate were found to have been lied to there is little point in voting for anyone. Remember "education,education,education" ? Almost laughable in hindsight, I noticed Blairs kids didn't go to the local comprehensive. As for the billions extra spent on the NHS do they think we would have voted for them if we had been told it would go on administration, policy advisors and lawyers fees whilst nurses get less in real terms than 1997 and 3/4 of new nurses cannot get employment. 20000+ actual caring staff cut, mrsa on every ward due to cleaning being outsourced to the lowest bidder, at least consultants are getting more for doing less. "Tough on crime" ? well maybe if you do 35 in a 30 zone or park in the wrong place for a couple of minutes. Community coppers ? Are they having a laugh ?