Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Freetown state forest

supernovas

I've lived in town not far from FSF for most of my life and have ventured in there on a number of occasions. I have never really gone too deep into the forest, but I've walked the path to the ledge and walked a dirt-bike path here and there without anything serious or disturbing happening. The only possibly paranormal instance I can think of didn't even seem out of place when it happened. Back when I was in high school, me and a few friends used to drive the dirt roads that cut through the forest at night in one of my friends old trucks. Well on one uneventful night while driving along a very narrow dirt road we saw some headlights pop-up on the road ahead of us. At this time of night it was a little strange to see any other cars out there but it was a through way so we assumed someone was just using it as a short-cut. We continued and pulled over as the headlights got closer to let the other person pass, which happened to be the front part of a tractor-trailer truck. Now again, at the time the only part of this that seemed strange was the fact that someone else was out there, the type of car didn't play too much into the strangeness of the event. Fast-foreword a few months, My mother and I attended a paranormal seminar that was held near the Freetown Town Hall. It was set up by a local Paranormal group that had their own radioshow. I'd researched the forest and its history quite a bit by that point so most of what they had told us I had already heard about. One thing that popped out at me was the stories of a "trucker ghost" that rides through the streets of the forest at night. I got chills down my spine as he told the story and my memories of that night came rushing back to me. I still want to go deeper in but never seem to get around to it

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like those people weren't murdered IN the forest, just dumped there. Forests are a popular place to dump bodies, doesn't seem too surprising to me. And satanic cult sacrifices don't even exist, it was all a huge hype that happened. I don't think people are dying because they went into the forest and met the murderers that people think live there or something. Of course, wandering into a killer dumping a body probably wouldn't be too safe anyway!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys and gals. I posted on here before as Blue Pine, lost my account info. Anyways, in response to a query before about thte lost girlscout camp, I do not have all that much information on the topic...it was a mystery then, and now. What I can tell you, is that there are no official maps of the area that I have come across that show most of the areas I went to that day. Usually the maps they provide (DEM) only will show you a very small portion of the area, and do not include paths or trails that were blazed anytime recently.

The majority of the areas i went into were not along the most traveled routes, such as Copicut Road or anywhere near the fire house, but they were accessed from the opposite end of the forest near the Native American pow wow area.

I have not visited the area since, but I plan to in the near future. That entire day still is a blur to me, and I want to find out why. There are many stories about this place, some are true and some are not. I have not had any firsthand experience with Pukwudgies, but I have been followed and led around aimlessly in the forest. Heard the screams, been hopelessly lost, and in the end, finally released.

I do not say this lightly, if you wish to enter the area do so at your own risk, please do not be brazen about your entry, be respectful. There are forces in there that do not wish for the general public to be nosing around...enter with intentions of peace.

Hey guys and gals. I posted on here before as Blue Pine, lost my account info.

Sorry to snip the rest of your comment but I wanted to address this- you can contact Saru to have him help you get your account info back or straightened out so you are good to go with just one account again.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find this place extremely interesting! I don't get a whole lot when I put "Freetown State Forest" into the search engine. Keeping secrets away from the public?

• 1 year later...

Very interesting