Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

our first ghost hunt

mike1989

well tonight i had my first ghost hunt me and some friends went to two different locations around our home town the first place we went was an old church(what was left of it) when we were there we didn't fell anything but the EMF was going off every now and then(this place has been striped to almost nothing so i dont think it would of been from any wires.

the other place we went to was an old run down house. w had to make 2 trips there because the cams batterys died the first time there and the 2ed time we got no readings on the emf that is untill we started to leave i was holding the sencor behind me and when we here almost at the road i got a reading of 10 and it seemed as if it was chaseing us away from the house. We will be returning to the house two more times once dureing the day to get the lay of the land and again at night and see if we can get anything else.

I will be posting some pics later

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike1989

• Caesar

• Barek Halfhand

• bkroll1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like you guys had some fun, do any of these locations have a reputation for being haunted? I would also try your local cemetery, I think cemeteries have a little better chance of a haunting and old houses but then again hauntings are hard to find.

All the best

Caesar

Sounds like you guys had some fun, do any of these locations have a reputation for being haunted? I would also try your local cemetery, I think cemeteries have a little better chance of a haunting and old houses but then again hunting's are hard to find.

All the best

Caesar

yes we did have a lot of fun and i really don't know if they have a history of being haunted but we went to the church to just have some fun and get some pics we got one with what seems to be an red orb but its kinda twist and there seems to be a white figure near some bushes. i don't know what that is but its strange. and after the 1st time at the house we just felt drawn to it again. and we are going to a cemetery as soon as we get the OK from the cops and we are also trying to get into an old paper press' 3ed floor its apparently haunted.

how about those pics mikey?......B

linked-image

my other computer is messing up i will have them by tonight at the latest and around 3:30 my time at the earliest i have to go to work soon ( DAMB YOU IGA)

well tonight i had my first ghost hunt me and some friends went to two different locations around our home town the first place we went was an old church(what was left of it) when we were there we didn't fell anything but the EMF was going off every now and then(this place has been striped to almost nothing so i dont think it would of been from any wires.

the other place we went to was an old run down house. w had to make 2 trips there because the cams batterys died the first time there and the 2ed time we got no readings on the emf that is untill we started to leave i was holding the sencor behind me and when we here almost at the road i got a reading of 10 and it seemed as if it was chaseing us away from the house. We will be returning to the house two more times once dureing the day to get the lay of the land and again at night and see if we can get anything else.

Your emf could be picking up multiple things. underground cable, radio waves, pidgeons(which have a small amount of magnetite in their skulls) or even shifts in the magnetic field. I think that there is no realm between heaven and hell where unrested souls wander the earth. And if there is, then they live in a different tangible plain then we do

B):tu::(:no:

Well good luck with your hunt. Maybe try going when there is a storm around.

Canada has no ghosts, only in the USA. ;)

Canada has no ghosts, only in the USA. ;)

hmmmm your wrong Canada has a lot of ghosts ever hear of Kingston thats one of the most haunted cities in Canada

Well!.....We're waiting!........B

linked-image

well seeming i just got home from work and we are having some computer problems with the computer with the card reader you will just have to wait some more but trust me it is worth the wait

its picture time its picture time

plz note that all these pics were taken in the middle of nowhere and there are no street lights around

post-15281-1177186860_thumb.jpg

OOOH NO, PLEASE NOT ORBS AGAIN!!!!!

In my openion "orbs" and DUST are the same thing.

"Orbs" is a new invention from the supernatrual supermarket! I have never seen a older photo with a so-called "orb".

Why would Ghosts suddently decide to apear as "orbs" after all these years, of appearing more ore less in a human form?????

The fact that "orbs" is photographed, may have something to do, either with the better quality of camera equipment (shutters, flashes, film) and the types of materials in our world today, that reflects light in another way, than most natural materials.

I have seen a program on tv, where someone was making his own "orb" photos, by raising different kinds of dust particles, from different materials up in the air.

Some pics had a lot of "orbs" some had werry few, it all dependet on different factors, such as the material the dust was made of (regular dust, asbest, buildingmaterial) and how it reflects light, the sources and intencity of light, where the light and the camera was in proportion to eachother and so on.

Episteme postet the following aricle in another thread about orbs:

Ask any professional photographer what makes a flash photograph better and they will tell you one thing, get the flash away from your camera. Next time you're at a wedding, look at the photographer (if they're a pro). Chances are the flash will be about a foot over their camera on what's called a bracket arm. If you've got a really good photographer, they may even have an assistant who is holding the flash on a pole.

There are a number of good reasons for this. I could list them, but only one pertains to the orb phenomena, the angle of the light. It's the same thing that causes red eye. If the light source is coming from the same angle as the photograph, anything that is in the way of the flash will reflect light back at the camera, even something small as a dust particle. So if there's a speck of dust floating in the air an inch from your camera and it happens to pass right above Aunt Ethel's head in the photo frame, you'll get an orb. Take another picture a second later and that dust particle may not be there.

"And this pertains to digital cameras why?"

They're small, really small. This means that the flash is closer to the lens than ever before, which means more chance of orbs. Even those old instamatics from a few years back were two-to-three times bigger than the average digital camera. When the flash is higher up the reflection of the dust might be going to the ceiling or at least over the photographer's head. When the flash is right next to the lens, it will come right back at you. So take a deep breath, put away the crystal ball, open up Photoshop and do what I do with those nasty little dust particles; clone-stamp them into oblivion. Because as any photographer will tell you, even in the digital age, a photos worst enemy is Dust and it's not going anywhere. If you still don't believe me, check out this page on Fuji's (maker of film and cameras for years) Web site, http://home.fujifilm.com/products/digital/tips/reflect/.

Edited by Kroll1

those are the 2 best the others are not really good at all i do have a pic of the house we found if anyone wants to see it but we are going to it again next weekend during the day to get the layout of the house so i will keep you guys posted

we also tuck some pics of the paper press in my town (they say the 3ed floor is haunted buy the ghost of a man that hung himself) and we got something really strange if anyone wants to see i will post it later

OOOH NO, PLEASE NOT ORBS AGAIN!!!!!

In my openion "orbs" and DUST are the same thing.

"Orbs" is a new invention from the supernatrual supermarket! I have never seen a older photo with a so-called "orb".

Why would Ghosts suddently decide to apear as "orbs" after all these years, of appearing more ore less in a human form?????

The fact that "orbs" is photographed, may have something to do, either with the better quality of camera equipment (shutters, flashes, film) and the types of materials in our world today, that reflects light in another way, than most natural materials.

I have seen a program on tv, where someone was making his own "orb" photos, by raising different kinds of dust particles, from different materials up in the air.

Some pics had a lot of "orbs" some had werry few, it all dependet on different factors, such as the material the dust was made of (regular dust, asbest, buildingmaterial) and how it reflects light, the sources and intencity of light, where the light and the camera was in proportion to eachother and so on.

Episteme postet the following aricle in another thread about orbs:

Ask any professional photographer what makes a flash photograph better and they will tell you one thing, get the flash away from your camera. Next time you're at a wedding, look at the photographer (if they're a pro). Chances are the flash will be about a foot over their camera on what's called a bracket arm. If you've got a really good photographer, they may even have an assistant who is holding the flash on a pole.

There are a number of good reasons for this. I could list them, but only one pertains to the orb phenomena, the angle of the light. It's the same thing that causes red eye. If the light source is coming from the same angle as the photograph, anything that is in the way of the flash will reflect light back at the camera, even something small as a dust particle. So if there's a speck of dust floating in the air an inch from your camera and it happens to pass right above Aunt Ethel's head in the photo frame, you'll get an orb. Take another picture a second later and that dust particle may not be there.

"And this pertains to digital cameras why?"

They're small, really small. This means that the flash is closer to the lens than ever before, which means more chance of orbs. Even those old instamatics from a few years back were two-to-three times bigger than the average digital camera. When the flash is higher up the reflection of the dust might be going to the ceiling or at least over the photographer's head. When the flash is right next to the lens, it will come right back at you. So take a deep breath, put away the crystal ball, open up Photoshop and do what I do with those nasty little dust particles; clone-stamp them into oblivion. Because as any photographer will tell you, even in the digital age, a photos worst enemy is Dust and it's not going anywhere. If you still don't believe me, check out this page on Fuji's (maker of film and cameras for years) Web site, http://home.fujifilm.com/products/digital/tips/reflect/.

that must of taken you quite some time to type all of that but you see we put no dust in the air at all so if it is just dust then it was just from it normally and also most types of dust will show up as white or yellowish orbs i personally have never seen a red one or that spiral one before.

and also how dare you for implying photoshop send it to anyone there has been no tampering with our pics its all 100% off the cam no editing at all.

like I said..no ghosts. :blink:

we also tuck some pics of the paper press in my town (they say the 3ed floor is haunted buy the ghost of a man that hung himself) and we got something really strange if anyone wants to see i will post it later

WOW thats sounds like you have an intresting case there. if you can I would use polaroid cameras insted. 35mm and digital are ok but I think some of the best pics are from polaroid. orbs are tuff most of the time its either dust, insects, water droplets or something on the lens. Canada I think has a lot of great hauntings.

WOW that's sounds like you have an interesting case there. if you can I would use Polaroid cameras instant. 35mm and digital are OK but I think some of the best pics are from Polaroid. orbs are tuff most of the time its either dust, insects, water droplets or something on the lens. Canada I think has a lot of great hunting's.

we are in the process of getting a Polaroid cam but we don't really have much money so it mite take some time until them we are going to use our digicam

we are in the process of getting a Polaroid cam but we don't really have much money so it mite take some time until them we are going to use our digicam

Yeah thats tyhe only problem with Polaroid, but I think its worth it

Yeah thats tyhe only problem with Polaroid, but I think its worth it

yes very much so and for anyone that cares i will post the pic of the paper press tomorrow okay i am getting sleepy so i am off 2 bed

That sounds really good, I cant wait to see that!!!

Goodnight and be good

The Caes

that must of taken you quite some time to type all of that but you see we put no dust in the air at all so if it is just dust then it was just from it normally and also most types of dust will show up as white or yellowish orbs i personally have never seen a red one or that spiral one before.

and also how dare you for implying photoshop send it to anyone there has been no tampering with our pics its all 100% off the cam no editing at all.

No it didnt take long, as i wrote half of it i copyed from a aricle postet by Episteme.

I didnt say YOU were putting dust in the air, dust is in the air everywhere, all the time.

If there was dust from something red, green, blue ore whatever (red pollen, green something, a blue blanket) the "orb" will turn up in that colour. The "rod" could be an insect, ore a hair, ore a string of whatever.

I sertently didnt acuse you of photoshopping annything (it is so easy to take "orbpics" that photoshopping is superfluous) The photoshopremark was from the article i quotet, and as i read it, it says you can REMOVE "orbs" from your pics with photoshop.

I dont acuse you of fraud in annyway, you are proberly werry serious, i dont doubt that. But i dont beleive that "orbs" is paranormal in annyway (in my oppenion the evidense they are not is overwelming) and since this is a debate forum, i assumed that you wantet input from people in here, so i postet my oppinion, hope thats ok :tu:

Edited by Kroll1