Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living in between dimensions or realities

PNewman

That is AMAZING... seriously, im astounded... Allright ill try to explain what i think it might be :)

This might be a very severe case of micro-telekinesis where you effect the probability of things occuring around you. Now to effect the probability of something you have to be aware of a possible result in the future. Now the reason no1 else would be able to notice when something "changes" is because they were never aware of any other possible possibility in the future. It might just be that what you are explaining now IS happening to each of us all of the time but we arent aware of any other direct possible outcomes of something so we don't take notice to them. Thats kinda strange, coz if this is true it means that ur mind is able to subconciously leave body and move freely forwards (maybe backwards?) in the 4th dimension and subconciously observe things which aren't set in stone by the laws that govern this universe. Like, the simple act of observing subatomic particles cause them to break down from waves of pobability into something which is definite when directly observed. If what your saying is true you have quite an ability dude... Observing higher dimensions above our own is an amazing feat. Similiarly, the act of observing will make you aware of something different which might happen, and therefore if something else happens ul notice it instantly in the NOW of the 4th dimension. Your basically subconciously observing the 3rd dimension like we observe the 2nd dimension. HOW tho? Seriously, i dont even know HOW, who knows what our brain does when its bored -.-

There is no scientific facts to back u up here..i mean this isnt even a real thing, affecting the probability around you? that makes no sense, probability isnt a physical thing, its a man made way to measure something, just because u know something else could happen in a scenario doesnt mean you can change the universe according to it. :no:

I am a huge skeptic on here, so what I am about to post seems a little hertical. After posting this I don't care if people think i'm crazy or not, to be honest, I don't know if im crazy or not but here goes.

Yesterday, I was working my weekend job. My boss called me from the back to serve this man who came in and he was talking to, so I obligied. The man didn't seem to bothered about actually wanting something from the shop. Then the creepiest thing happened, he called me by my first name and asked me how I was and one of my friends at college was and how my physics exam had gone. I was a bit taken back and I thought this guy was some sort of stalker because I havn't seen him before but he knew things that only a few people know. And then he asked me how some girl was in my physics class at college. I said I don't know, because I'm on exam leave. I was getting a little freaked out by now, so I asked him how he knew who I was. He thought for a second and then asked for the date, so I told him, he then asked what year, so I told him. I was beginning to think this guy is some sort of wacko if he doesn't know the year, am I in danger walking home or something. He then said "Ah ok, sorry to bother you then." He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and wrote something on it and put it on the checkout. He then walked out of the shop. On the paper was 03/11/89. This scared me because that was the day I was born and only the people in my family know that, and one one or two people at college do aswell. I went and talked to my boss, asking him if he'd told the guy my name, and he swears blind that he didn't talk to any guy a few moments ago, and that nobody had come in the shop sinse I got back from lunch. I thought he was playing some sort of sick joke, but he isn't the kind of person who jokes. But he is kind so took it seriously but confused about the part with him in, and offered me a ride home incase this guy was a stalker. After I got home, I asked my parents if they knew anyone who looked like him but they said they didn't.

I dunno who this guy was, or if it even happened. I don't know, but I don't know hy my boss couldn't remember talking to him, or how the guy knew some of those things.

Then this morning I read this thread and it sounded kind of familiar, so I thought I should post it here and see that you think, wiether I am crazy or not. :hmm:

Well I don't know if it's a 'stalker' or not. But I'll put my 'twist' on it.The two cases that I helped my Lawyer - now school teacher friend. I found that the two cases that I helped him on had lost. I was aware by looking at the court transcripts how and why one of them lost. Because we found the evidence in the other 'what ever'.

Now I chose to give them the needed information annon. for a lot of different reasons. Now suppose though that I had gone in person to them and told them all that I was aware of. Imagine what troubles that could have gotten me into - not to mention just the simple fact: How did I know!?? Imagine the 'accusations', like your 'stalker' that I could have had spoken to me. It would have gotten ugly not to mention extremely awkward in it all. Could the person have been in a similar situation as I?? I don't know but I wouldn't dismiss it.

We are talking about a very real UNexplained Mystery here - by the very meaning of the phrase.

Thoughts???

yea this might sound totally dumb but i knew songs before they ever even came out for example:ridin dirty i was like this song is so old why are yall listinin 2 it and my classmates were like this song just came out but i could swear my dad had sang it when he was around, 6 years ago.my parents are divorced. and then when the song we takin over by dj kahled came out this month i could swear i had heard it years ago 2, as for the realities i totally believe it all but my specialty @ seeing the unknown is usually spirits

srry

There is no scientific facts to back u up here..i mean this isnt even a real thing, affecting the probability around you? that makes no sense, probability isnt a physical thing, its a man made way to measure something, just because u know something else could happen in a scenario doesnt mean you can change the universe according to it. :no:

You don't know it is a real thing. These people are experiencing real events, so to them it's very much real. It may not be real to you or me, so do we just dismiss all of these people as crazy or whatever?? Time is also a man made thing to measure something, does time make no sense also? I think these people really need some solid info on what's happening around them, after all if it was me I definitely know I would.

Jj you're right, this very real Unexplained Mystery here.

Cheers,

Gene

After reading the recent reports describing more experiences of contradictory realities, I've wondered - what if someone is changing the past? or has changed the past, and now it's turning back again? Sounds pretty science-fiction, but sf often becomes possible at some point. If someone invents a time-device a 1000 years from now, they could be aiming it at the present. And then there's the subject of magick. A fair number of practitioners take "retroactive magick" seriously, workings done with the intent of changing the present through the past. What if all their individual efforts have left a combined imprint on the timestream? What do the other folks here think?

• 3 weeks later...
Just a year or two ago I was amazed when I suddenly found out that comedian Jerry Lewis was alive. I've been sure he died many years ago. Or when I saw Spiderman for the first time and noticed that Cliff Robertson (Uncle Ben) was also alive since I have read he died a few years ago!

No freak'n way. Hey, we need to talk. The only two things I can relate to in this article is the two people you gave. Those two people both died.

this also happened to me. not gonna go into details because theres so many stories already :wacko: but i think its related to deja vu. it feels the same, anyway. i would have to consult some higher intellectual on what this is. prolly not the faeries though. they dont know *****.

Until I found this thread, I thought i was the only one that had unexplained experiences in my life so far. I too have experienced this, growing up at my parents house was interesting, things would go missing for days sometimes even weeks! We would see "people" (not sure who or what they are) quit often walk into the room we are in then they would turn around and walk back out but when we would look to see where they went, these people had vanished! We could them talking, my sister & I would lay there for hours at bed time and try to figure out what they were saying. Plus many more weird things!

Just recently I signed on to Facebook, you've probably heard about it, and found some friends I grew up with. When I asked one of my friends if she had heard from another girl that used to spend the summers at her house, she had no idea who I was talking about. So I asked other friends that hung out with her and no one knows who I'm talking about. So I descibed the girl, thinking maybe I have the name wrong, but still they all have no recollection of that girl. Now I'm really curious as to why this is happening.

Can anyone tell me the theory though about parallel dimensions. Like how is it possible for 2 time lines for instance to exist? I'm having trouble understanding the theory.

Can anyone tell me the theory though about parallel dimensions. Like how is it possible for 2 time lines for instance to exist? I'm having trouble understanding the theory.

If we find the answer to that question - I want to go back to the other one to just validate that my neighbor and friend LB was actually 'there'. That the lawyer friend is still a lawyer doing the good in the cases he takes on, not to mention other little quirks that even recently happened....... Talk about an UNexplained Mystery

wouldnt it be really interesting if one of us was just totally insane and this whole thing was in his head? :D

Well it is interesting. Personally given my experiences with it, I would brush it off as insanity or the like. But as far as I know I am not insane and there seems to be many stories listed, unless many of the posters in this thread are insane, including myself.

A majority of the experiencers with this phenomenon are only personal experience, which is interesting. Also does anyone have more info. about this...whatever it is?

Edited by Findthevariable

i meant that its possible that there are no other posters. it could all be a fabrication of your mind. your experiences, this website, these users. all of it. not only am i hungry for chinese, but i think its safe to say i only had one of those experiences. i think it may have something to do with destiny and precognition or whatnots colliding with free will. it definitely makes me want to just watch a comedy with some lemon chicken and reese's. comfort food is the best. XD as u can tell, i havent eaten in two days :cry: *makes mom take him to eat chinese*

Well after alot of thought towards the subject I called up an old friend, who I had been friends with around the time I thought said people were dead. Anyway turns out my skepticism worked out. Back in high school, I forgot that HE told me they were dead, lol, so unless he dimension shifted, it was a memory glitch. But ofcourse this doesnt explain all incidents.

Oh BTW because I haven't had this specific experience doesn't make my disbelieve. I have had experiences pertaining to this specific phenomenon. They go beyond explanation, but nothing I can prove.

Oh BTW because I haven't had this specific experience doesn't make my disbelieve. I have had experiences pertaining to this specific phenomenon. They go beyond explanation, but nothing I can prove.

By the very diffinition of UNexplained Mystery - This obviously fits. The thing here is there is nothing to 'prove' - in that none of us are saying we have the ability to do this - because obviously we do not. It's something that happened / happens totally outside our control.

• 2 years later...

I lived in germany in the 80's and 90's. When I was there I heard the Cher song "Do you believe in love after love." in this bar I went to. I went to that bar often. I heard it frequently. I moved back here and about 6 months later the song came out for the first time. It was new. I looked it up on the web. It hadn't been published when I was in germany.

There is a Bananarama song that I used to like when I lived there. More explicitly, I liked the music video of it. I came back here. I wanted to buy it. I looked on amazon. I looked up the song on the web. I looked up the group on the web. They exist. The song doesn't.

I've also seen time reverse. Back in the mesozoic era when I was in high school, we were standing in line in the cafeteria and one of the students hooped and fell back onto the floor and started a grand mal seizure. Then all of a sudden, it wasn't as if he stood back up, no human could do what he did on purpose, he just reversed the fall and was standing in line again and nothing seems to have happened. No one else noticed it. I didn't say anything because I was a geek and they already thought I was weird.

This has been a life long thing for me; I can remember me first noticing something amidst from quite young age. Let me explain to you in which the world I live.

I remember it was a winter day and my Mom was putting on my snowsuit for school. I looked down at my jacket and noticed the string attached to my zipper was different. Normally it was a little wooden whale but now it was a bright red streamer with a ball attached. I asked my Mother why she changed it, and she "I didn't, it was always like this".

Now normally I would agree maybe I just mistaken, but a few days later it was the little wooden whale again. Once again I asked my Mother and I got the same answer "It was always like this".

For the next 5 years I owned that jacket, I never knew day to day which zipper I was going to get. It is just not limited to that. I would noticed buildings I have never seen before, the next day the building will be gone, the day after it will be there again.

The sign that tells you my town’s population was always different; sometimes it would say 6127 and others 6294. I would leave town and it would be one, come back and it would be another. The next day I would leave down again and it would be back to the first number.

It is not only that, there are slight changes. Movies that exist in one world and not another, celebrities that are alive in one but not another. Paul Newman died in 1998 (Hence my name), I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I was in a furniture store looking at a new sofa when I heard a woman upset in the backroom. When I went to look they were watching a CNN with the headline "Paul Newman died of a heart attack this afternoon".

I thought about it no more until Cars came out, I brought my son to see it. Imagine my dismay when I saw Paul Newman's name in the credits. To continue this, in my world James Dean died in a plane crash not a car crash.

I can list more to the brand of soap I use in the shower changing day to day, to which way I have to turn my facet to get hot water changing.

I have experimented with putting a number on my calculator than writing it down on a piece of paper. I would leave the number on my calculator overnight then check the paper in the morning, quite often the numbers would be different even though it would be impossible.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me, but if anyone has had any of the same experiences please share them with me, so I know I'm not alone in this.

interesting read. I've been wondering if stuff like this can actually be reality for some. And if you actually can learn to master it. But of course, it is just philosophical ideas that I have.

From our point of view, we wouldn't notice anything but maybe buddha people can master this? Maybe man can become as gods? :P

Edited by brawl

I lived in germany in the 80's and 90's. When I was there I heard the Cher song "Do you believe in love after love." in this bar I went to. I went to that bar often. I heard it frequently. I moved back here and about 6 months later the song came out for the first time. It was new. I looked it up on the web. It hadn't been published when I was in germany.

There is a Bananarama song that I used to like when I lived there. More explicitly, I liked the music video of it. I came back here. I wanted to buy it. I looked on amazon. I looked up the song on the web. I looked up the group on the web. They exist. The song doesn't.

I've also seen time reverse. Back in the mesozoic era when I was in high school, we were standing in line in the cafeteria and one of the students hooped and fell back onto the floor and started a grand mal seizure. Then all of a sudden, it wasn't as if he stood back up, no human could do what he did on purpose, he just reversed the fall and was standing in line again and nothing seems to have happened. No one else noticed it. I didn't say anything because I was a geek and they already thought I was weird.

It is extremely likely that you had simply mistaken especially with events that happened over 10 years ago.

This sort of stuff absolutely fascinates me. I mean, this isn't little green men taking our cows, or ghosts come back from the afterlife solely to bang the kitchen cabinets open and closed again. What we're talking about here, alternate realities that exist parallel to our own, is a phenomenon that could very well exist, and there are a lot of different theories from incredibly respected scientific and philosophical minds that agree that it might even be considered likely.

Imagine if one were actually able to consciously shift perspective between realities. I mean, purposefully move your own sentient awareness to a reality60 degrees to the left. And why shouldn't this be possible? I don't know, it's all very strange and nigh impossible to wrap my head around.

I wrote a story about this sort of thing a little while ago. It's about a man who walks into a giant JC Penny's store in a mall with his wife. She goes to look at women's shoes on a different floor, and he goes to the men's clothing section. Since the store is so huge, he gets lost and, after a half hour or so of wandering around, he can't find the correct exit back into the mall. He goes through the next exit he finds, and suddenly notices that the mall looks a little different. The walls are a different shade of bluish grey. Long story short, the man exited into a parallel reality, with very minor differences. In this new reality, he is not married, has no kids, and he's a moderately wealthy advertising executive. At first he decides that he loves his new life, but then he runs into his wife again, but in this reality she's married to another man. Overcome with longing, he returns to the mall to go back to his old life and realizes to his horror that the JC Pennys is being torn down.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the past is all fantasy. I mean, it exists in our minds as memories which are really just daydreams that we put a little more stock in. But the fact that the past exists only in conceptual form makes it very malleable. There are even people out there to purposely reprogram their memories and effectively change their realities (to an extent, of course). I just think it's important to keep in mind the possibility that it really is all in your head. Of course, if you have a third party to verify the experience, it's a whole different ball game.

It is extremely likely that you had simply mistaken especially with events that happened over 10 years ago.

Mattshark, no it isn't. It wasn't 10 years before I heard the "Cher" song. I was only a matter of months back in the country. For the Banarama song, I had videotaped it off MTV Europe. I found it ...stimulating. Watched it for years. And I'll never forget the seizure even though it happened over 40 years ago.

Imagine if one were actually able to consciously shift perspective between realities. I mean, purposefully move your own sentient awareness to a reality60 degrees to the left. And why shouldn't this be possible?

Actually, it is possible with Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs), but only at 90 or 180 degrees, not 60. :)

I've had a friend joke about sometimes crossing over between realities and not knowing it, but encountering small differences, usually along the lines of:

George Burns? Isn't he dead?

Stephen Hawking was killed by his nurse wasn't he?

And so on. I have to admit I can vaguely think of probably a dozen of my own bouts with this "Oh my god, Abe Vigoda is still alive?!" but I don't know about reality-tripping.

One experience i had was i remember going to see my nan who lives quite far away from where i live, she usually give me presents and such, and i can clearly remember giving me a money box that looked like a phonebox the red one's that are in london before i went to bed my mum gave me like £20 of pound coins to put in it. I remember going to bed that night and waking up in the morning to find my mum, dad, and my sister in the room, they were looking at the moneybox that my nan had just give me, it had been broken into and there were black thumbprints all over. Things got abit hazy after that, and everytime i ask a member of my family about it they say it never happened but i can clearly remember it. Also you know those laber maker things, like a round disc with the alphabet on it for making labels, i remember getting one for christmas i used it on loads of things i've still got the items with the stickers on it, then one day it just went, i've been looking for it for years and never found it. ???????