Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lambs believed to be toy poodles

jesspy

Ewe've been had

Thousands of rich Japanese women were conned into believing lambs were valuable miniature poodles.

Flocks were imported from the UK and Australia to be sold by an internet company as the latest "must have" pet.

The scam was rumbled when movie star Maiko Kawakami complained on a talk show that her new poodle refused to bark or eat dog food.

She showed photos of the animal and was devastated when told that it was a lamb, reports the Sun.

Hundreds of women contacted police to say that they had also been sold lambs instead of pedigree pups by the con artists based in Sapporo.

One couple found out the truth only after a dog beautician told them she could not trim their poodle's claws - because they were hooves.

The company, whose name translated as Poodles As Pets, has now been shut down.

Bosses took advantage of the fact sheep are rare in Japan and most people do not know what they look like.

They advertised poodles online for £630 - half the price of the highly-desired puppies in Japan at £1,260.

A police spokesman said: "We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company were selling sheep as poodles."

link

For the record

POODLE PUPPY

linked-image

LAMB

linked-image

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• jesspy

• Mabon

• MUM24/7

LMAOOOOOOOO........ :D:lol::rofl:

Oh great! Can you imagine the thoughts of those poor little lambs.

It's either: What do you mean I'm not a poodle? curls up in the corner having major identity crisis....

Or....

Lamb (lying): But I am a poodle! *grins, tries to bark, bleats instead* See it's just that I have a head cold.

Er... What are you doing? Why did you pick up that knife? What's the green jelly for?

LOL!

Mabon.

wow, , , idiotic japanese :w00t: i want those puppies!

linked-image

I'm sorry that looks NOTHING like a dog.

If they'd quit eating everything that isn't human, they'd be able to tell species apart.

Sheesh.

:lol: ....Suckers!

her new poodle refused to bark or eat dog food

:rofl:

What-EVER. I'd totally take a Lamb over a Poodle.

A Lamb!!

you know in this day and age and considering it's not an exotic animal..... who ever is that......? ignorant deserves to be fleeced!

Sorry couldn't resist!

Mabon.

:devil:

made

me

do

it!

you know in this day and age and considering it's not an exotic animal..... who ever is that......? ignorant deserves to be fleeced!

Sorry couldn't resist!

Mabon.

:devil:

made

me

do

it!

:tu::lol::yes:

I dont understand how you couldnt tell that it wasnt a dog??

Look at any breed of dog, and you can physically see the differences.

Silly Silly People

I would love a pet lamb.

Ewe've been had

Thousands of rich Japanese women were conned into believing lambs were valuable miniature poodles.

Flocks were imported from the UK and Australia to be sold by an internet company as the latest "must have" pet.

The scam was rumbled when movie star Maiko Kawakami complained on a talk show that her new poodle refused to bark or eat dog food.

She showed photos of the animal and was devastated when told that it was a lamb, reports the Sun.

Hundreds of women contacted police to say that they had also been sold lambs instead of pedigree pups by the con artists based in Sapporo.

One couple found out the truth only after a dog beautician told them she could not trim their poodle's claws - because they were hooves.

The company, whose name translated as Poodles As Pets, has now been shut down.

Bosses took advantage of the fact sheep are rare in Japan and most people do not know what they look like.

They advertised poodles online for £630 - half the price of the highly-desired puppies in Japan at £1,260.

A police spokesman said: "We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company were selling sheep as poodles."

link

For the record

POODLE PUPPY

linked-image

LAMB

linked-image

:rofl::rofl: I want a lamb. They are sooo cute

i wonder what poodle tastes like?

poodle noodles

:mellow: That's baaaaaaa d.

XD XD XD Haha.

These poor women who thought they where dogs. ^^;;

Snopes declares it as false.

Clicky

Ahh, good. My faith in Japanese women has been restored.

Ahh, good. My faith in Japanese women has been restored.

lol

very true

i hope they know what sheep are

Edited by jesspy

Ah... Cold Ethel!

Your google-fu is the strongest! You may have found out the sinister plot ninja on the board but there will be others! :devil:

Still have shades of Matthew Broderick in my head saying.... Hot lamb, hot lamb... perhaps with some of that green stuff!

Good catch. It does restore a little faith in humans as not being the silliest creatures on the planet but then you never know. When things like this are true for instance when they asked random people where hamburger and hot dogs came from and the people didn't know.... silly people.

Regards,

Mabon.

Ah... Cold Ethel!

Your google-fu is the strongest! You may have found out the sinister plot ninja on the board but there will be others! :devil:

Ah, actually, Jules found it.

My google-fu is no good!