Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tiny terrier saved kids from pit bulls

for one they are gonna put the 2 dogs down..they kill the dogs no matter if they attack humans or other animals,,and the owners of the pittbulls will be held liable for the death of the dog..but for you to say you wish a child was killed so the owners could be punished has got to be the most assinine statment of the year...for one what if they did everything right rasing these dogs and they just happen to get out,,and they came up to play with the kids and the jack russle took offence and started the fight,,the 2 pitts were just doing what dogs do..but everyone is so quick to jump on the killing them bandwagon....and we can never get the entire story because of the breed people all ready have their mind made up..

It was a being that we lost,and nothing will happen if it was a child obviously it could be to the courthoses,police,investigations,and it could passed in all TV's in the world,and the owners would be arrested.

Thats why I said what I said.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• asc.rudeboy

• Michelle

• Clocker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a being that we lost,and nothing will happen if it was a child obviously it could be to the courthoses,police,investigations,and it could passed in all TV's in the world,and the owners would be arrested.

Thats why I said what I said.

i know here on the states,90% of the time when a dog attacks another dog or a human,they kill it...i also know that most pittbulls that are in the pound they just kill.simply because it is a pittbull and thats wrong...i rescued a pittbull boxer mix from the pound a beautiful dog,,super strong and a ball of energy..it was so agressive that someone walked up opend my kennel and walked away with him...haha that retarded dog just wanted to play and didnt know he was being dognapped....and one of my friends had a pittbull siting in his suv when he got car jacked and the dog licked the carjackers face when he climbed in the car,,my friend lost his truck and his dog haha,,another case of the mean ass pittbull..but the media dosent tell those stories

as a owner of a pittbull mix.rottweiler,and now a french bulldog i have never let any of the roam free,,and i made sure the pitt was always on a leash in the house or in his pin simply because no matter what happend it would be the dogs fault in the eyes of the public...

i tell you what else has a lot to do with it ,,is the bredding of the animal,,any animal,,most reputable breeders not only breed for the breed standerd in size weight and look but also temperment...backyard breeders dont they brred for money and can turn out very very agressive dogs of any breed..its a shame but in the case we are talking about...the pitts got into a fight with another dog not the children..i eally think the media is blowing the children in danger angle to much for the sake of the story not the truth.by nature pitts are animal agressive and human friendly.

The most aggressive dog I ever owned was a cocker spaniel .. she was psycho. I couldn't take her out without a muzzle and a leash. She'd undoubtedly have hurt someone. Hence the reason I kept her home and away from everyone except the family unless I took precautions. She was a product of well, we don't know what, because her brother who I also had was the sweetest dopiest dude i ever met.

The sweetest dopiest dogs I ever owned were also a cocker spaniel (the psycho's brother) and a Dane/Pit/Lab mix--he was GORGEOUS and a big loveable lump.

No, Pits should not be destroyed, they're a nice breed, but one that should be kept out of the hands of irresponsible breeders and owner. As with ALL breeds.

More people are hurt by cockers and poodles than any other breed anyway. You just hear about the Pits because they've been villified by the media.

A Standard Poodle, that I had been raised with, ripped my nephews neck wide open and it was blamed on the stereotypical "bad breed" German Shephard/wolf mix and he was put down. Even several years ago, when I adopted my Malamute, the 'pound' had a Collie/wolf mix that was as docile as an area rug, but someone had filed it's teeth down to almost nothing because they were afraid it MAY bite. :rolleyes:

Never judge a book by it's cover.

Edited by Michelle

pitballs are dangerous dogs FULLSTOP! even worse when the owner is a total scumbag = bad combination.

So true and unfortunately so common... I wouldn't say all owners...but there is a stereotype of the typical pitbull owner which is based on truth.

these dogs should be destoryed to stop this stupid gang type mentality, IM AFRAID SO I WILL HAVE A HARD DOG! GGRRRRRRRR ANNOYS ME these

Yeah, where I live, it's full of 'dickless wonders' walking pitbulls, thinking they're 'well hard' It's not you that hard mate..it's your dog.

people cant even look after a dog and clear up after it and yet have children.

This guy who lives near me... has kids.. and has just recently purchased two pitbulls..both had been mistreated... what a moron. Anyway, he lost control of one of the dogs and gave it away. Man.. I was waiting to read about him on the Darwin awards.

Incidentally, you should have seen him walk these two pitbulls… he thought he was so hard.. haha

My son rescued an abused pitbull as a puppy...I was first hesitant to keep him, after hearing stories, but 7 years later, I would not trade him for any other kind of dog...He looks after everyone in the house, is very intelligent, playful with the kids and very obedient...It is up to the owners to guide the dog...Ours is the best... :D

kids dogs all need to be guided to be kind and intelligent beings, look around theirs no intelligence anymore. we are dumbing down to the monkey state quite literally :lol::yes:

I really wish people didnt judge all pittbulls due to a few.

Most pittbulls that attack people is due to having been abused by their owners. Due to them having a more aggreeive nature then other dogs the abuse causes them to snap.

Ive known alot of very nice pitbulls including my neighbor, so to all to all the people who say that pillbulls should all be killed. tsk on you and get to know one first before making such a comment.

I bet the police will not do anything,why? because it was just a dog which died,not a children. :(

If the two pittbull killed one of them the police could investigate and arrest the owner of the dogs.

Is this kind of police system that I hate so much,and its so stupid.A dog which died like Hero deserves a vengeance,and the victim could be the owner of the two pittbulls,I could kill him/her.People of the zone could unite and give him a good lesson.

In this case I prefered that a children had died just for the police investigate and arrest the owner.

Hi there...I'm the Mum of the 5 children saved by George. Don't worry, I ain't here to attack you for your comments, but I am totally relieved my children didn't die. A few facts for you to consider, firstly the police were contacted within 2 hours after the attack. They didn't turn a blind eye - they came out within 30 minutes of our call. The dogs responsible for attacking George were found the next day, before the story even hit the paper, thanks to their commitment to seeing justice was served. Secondly, the owner's of the Pitbulls involved, were remorseful that their dogs attacked and practically gave them over to the Police and animal control. The owner's were not the thug-like people the world wants to believe that they are. I haven't met them yet, but they are a working couple who had their dogs in a well-fenced property and tied up before the attack.

Not a day goes by that I do not wish we could turn back time and have our George back with us, but the blessings in disguise are so great that I understand if this was God's plan, it was meant to be. As, thanks to George's heroic bravery, people in our community are doing what they can to better nurture their dogs and prevent dog attacks in our area.

I welcome you to visit my website which is a tribute to George, with a true account of what happened the day he died, why he truely is a hero dog and how his life and death has left an impact on our lives. Learn what we really think regarding the breed-battle.

http://herodog.bravehost.com

Some parts of the site are still being made and excuse the odd typo or use of bad language, but this is a true story, not some made for the News headlines account, from the people he saved.

Where's all the new zealand UM posters? We need details on the owners of the pitbulls, please. :)

The owner's of the Pitbull's who attacked, are a working couple who's perhaps only crime, was not having enough time to nurture their dogs properly. They did have a well-fenced property and dutifully tied their dogs up, before leaving that day, but these dogs got loose. I don't know them personally, but have heard this through the grapevine. Our children, were the 5 kids that George saved.

I think it's important to note, these owner's represent thousands of dog owners around the world, who due to work commitments etc, undeliberately raise a dangerous dog. We have to tie our dogs up if we are going to be away from home, and sometimes our jobs require us to be away - more than we would like.

I'm a Maori, yip I've smoked a joint before, but I'm not a druggy or drug-seller, and I don't have a Pitbull. But if I did, I would do all I could to ensure he/she didn't pose a danger to other people or dogs. This Maori is learning how to do a website which you can find here:

http://herodog.bravehost.com

It's all about George and why we think he really is a hero dog. What's my opinion regarding the breed-battle? Check for yourself:

http://herodog.bravehost.com/breeds.html

its not the pitbulls fault its the owners. the pitbulls are trained like that please dont blame them they dotn know any better

Incidentally, you should have seen him walk these two pitbulls… he thought he was so hard.. haha

I don't suppose he ever ran into Thomas K. Monroe Philips? :tu:

kelsiana,

thanks for coming and posting your side of the story,,,i was glad to hear the owners of the pittbull did take percautions with a fenced in yard,,it is ashame the dogs got loose and it ashame the dogs got into a fight....but atleast you set the record streight that they wernt thugs but were infact a working class couple...

these dogs should be destoryed to stop this stupid gang type mentality, IM AFRAID SO I WILL HAVE A HARD DOG! GGRRRRRRRR ANNOYS ME

After reading that I'm going to take a guess, and say you live in England?

:lol:

I don't suppose he ever ran into Thomas K. Monroe Philips? :tu:

:lol: Along as he keeps his nose clean.. he should be alright.. but one wrong move..and it's an email to the 'monroe machine'

After reading that I'm going to take a guess, and say you live in England?

:lol:

lol How did you guess that?

Thank you Kelsiana, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm profoundly glad your children are ok.

I'm also glad to hear that the couple who owned the pits were cooperative and responsible and did as the authorities asked. That's at least positive.

All dog breeds can be dangerous, the best any of us dog owners can do is keep a very careful eye on our pets and ensure they don't cause trouble or harm. Sometimes it's not easy... and I'm sorry George fell victim, but he'll always have a special place in your hearts.

lol How did you guess that?

What he said about gangs. No chav gang is complete without a pitbull, and everyone knows that the chav species is native to Britain. :P

It's a shame that these animals are beginning to overpopulate so much. If people were properly educated about the risks involved and if the media stopped glamorising them I'm sure they'd begin to decline. Or at the very least, neuter them. (Hint: I'm not talking about pitbulls here).

Edited by Chaøs

^ :w00t: Good point!!!

Remember, both Jack Russels and Staffies (pit bulls) are terriers. Both are aggressive, spunky and smart and acs.rudeboy is correct. Both are animal agressive (which is why pit bulls are used horribly for dog fighting) they're also quite territorial of what they perceive to be theirs, including their humans.

I will agree with acs.rudeboy on this one. Both Staffies and Jr's have STRONG prey drives as well, it's likely the Staffies were more interested in the Jack rather than the children.

That being said, Staffies when raised correctly, and given a lot of positive mental and physical stimulation can be the best dogs you've ever owned (they're scary smart, most terriers are). Saddly, many owners don't raise them correctly.

I agree with you , having owned terriers . Actually our carian was more aggressive than the pit , but we got him when he was 2 . it is the owners . what were those dogs loose for anyway? all of them.

dogs are territorial , not just terriers. and how many dog owners have dogs that rush (or bark) at the fence when a dog is on the other side ? most dogs do. it could have just as easily been another type of dogs . try a group of Chihuahuas - mean little buggers if given half a chance.

bad dogs happen because

1- people baby their dogs. then the dog is in control , takes the role of alpha dog. plenty of babied dogs end up biting.

2 - abuse , violence .

3- lack of socialization with humans and or other animals.

4 - inconsistent humans.

most people really don't know how to care for their dogs.

territory and dogs

http://www.cooldogtoys.com/territorial.php

Understanding Aggressive Behavior In Dogs

http://ddfl.org/behavior/dog-agg.pdf

note - I feel sorry for George. he didn't deserve to die like that. the owners of the pit bull terriers may be nice people , but as I read they kept them tied up when they should have at the very least been penned with a cement base. we had a pen for ours as well as my brothers hunting dogs. Pits are very strong stubborn dogs .

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Having had several sleddogs in my life (which are at the top of the most dangerous list) I can relate. They are incredibly smart and very gentle. Two weeks ago my Malamute found four five week old kittens under our house. He would not leave me alone until I looked at what he wanted to show me. I fostered the kittens until I found them a new home and he paced the floor all night checking on them to make sure they were okay. How sweet is that...if I may brag a bit? :blush:

Never judge a book by its cover.

After many people asking me to help them train their dogs I can say one thing for sure...it's easier to train the dogs than the owners.

Edited by Michelle

:lol: Along as he keeps his nose clean.. he should be alright.. but one wrong move..and it's an email to the 'monroe machine'

Good to hear. I do hope the person in question knows this too, because if he doesn't, and commits a wrong move...we know what's in for him :o

• 2 months later...

POSTED: 3:59 p.m. EDT, May 2, 2007

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A plucky Jack Russell terrier named George saved five children from two marauding pit bulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight that it had to be put down, its owner said Wednesday.

George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pit bulls appeared and lunged toward them, Allan Gay said.

"George was brave -- he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.

"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."

One of the children, Richard Rosewarne, 11, was quoted in the Taranaki Daily News on Wednesday as saying George fought with the pit bulls to keep them off his 4-year-old brother, Darryl.

"George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them, but they started to bite him -- one on the head and the other on the back," Rosewarne said. "We ran off crying and some people saw what was happening and rescued George."

But George was so badly mauled that a veterinarian had to put him down, Gay said.

South Taranaki District Council official Graham Young said the two pit bulls had been impounded, and likely would be put down because of the attack.

In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

linked-image

Link: CNN.com

Poor dog. :( At least now he's getting endless well-deserved belly rubs in doggie heaven.

Wow thats a pretty incredible story..

I own a rat-terrier.

:}

POSTED: 3:59 p.m. EDT, May 2, 2007

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A plucky Jack Russell terrier named George saved five children from two marauding pit bulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight that it had to be put down, its owner said Wednesday.

George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pit bulls appeared and lunged toward them, Allan Gay said.

"George was brave -- he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.

"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."

One of the children, Richard Rosewarne, 11, was quoted in the Taranaki Daily News on Wednesday as saying George fought with the pit bulls to keep them off his 4-year-old brother, Darryl.

"George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them, but they started to bite him -- one on the head and the other on the back," Rosewarne said. "We ran off crying and some people saw what was happening and rescued George."

But George was so badly mauled that a veterinarian had to put him down, Gay said.

South Taranaki District Council official Graham Young said the two pit bulls had been impounded, and likely would be put down because of the attack.

In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

linked-image

Link: CNN.com

Poor dog. :( At least now he's getting endless well-deserved belly rubs in doggie heaven.

inspiring.

Its a shame. Talk about loyalty. In most of the cases I've seen, larger dogs are afraid of smaller or older dogs. I had an alsation who was terrified of my terrier.