Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No safe way for U.S. to leave Iraq,

__Kratos__

Actually, your belief in liberal blogs, myths, fairytales and conspiracies is what makes me look always right. :tu:

Wow, you actually do have a sense of humor.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Bob26003

• Unlimited

• ninjadude

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody knew the truth until we went in.

No. We completely understand. That's the whole point. Bushco didn't know the truth but represented that they did. What you can't seem to understand is our outrage over starting a war, a war for cripes sake, over truth that they did not know. You admit they did not know the truth. Now maybe to you a war is no big deal. But you can't seem to understand that to us a war is a very big deal. If you're going to START one, I repeat START one, then you had D*M*n well better have your facts straight. And don't cry about 9/11 because Bush has publically admitted that it had nothing to do with Iraq. And don't cry about dictators because it's entirely possible that there are worse dictators in the world. And don't tell me what F*ric*k*ing "noble" cause it is because you are not Jesus or the world police.

Look, the simple fact is that the Right Wing has ZERO credibility when it comes to Iraq. The have been wrong about EVERYTHING so far. Why should we listen to them now. We should'nt.

We should put them in time out.

Here is a simple rule: ........... Whatever they say is right: is wrong...........

They always lie, it is very predictable.

Edited by Bob26003

No. We completely understand. That's the whole point. Bushco didn't know the truth but represented that they did. What you can't seem to understand is our outrage over starting a war, a war for cripes sake, over truth that they did not know. You admit they did not know the truth.

YUP, but we know that Saddam had WMD and used it, and we know that he is one big headache for the world that is why there is the forever sanction, embargo, no fly zone and Resolutions

Now maybe to you a war is no big deal. But you can't seem to understand that to us a war is a very big deal. If you're going to START one, I repeat START one, then you had D*M*n well better have your facts straight. And don't cry about 9/11 because Bush has publically admitted that it had nothing to do with Iraq. And don't cry about dictators because it's entirely possible that there are worse dictators in the world. And don't tell me what F*ric*k*ing "noble" cause it is because you are not Jesus or the world police.

Nobody wants war, but I for one won't sit here and trust a Saddam about a WMD just so we will look good.

I know, you rather look good instead of reassuring that a Brutal leader who has gone to war with Iran, invaded Kuwait, used WMD, fired missiles on Israel does not have anymore WMD hidden somewhere.

Got nothing to do with being noble, just playing it smart and utilizing your capability against your enemy.

Look, the simple fact is that the Right Wing has ZERO credibility when it comes to Iraq. The have been wrong about EVERYTHING so far. Why should we listen to them now. We should'nt.

And what kind of credibility are you flapping your wings about? That we should have waited for the UN to forever do their inspection while Saddam and Kofi are continuing on with their Oil for Food scam?

Why should we listen to you folks now?

And what kind of credibility are you flapping your wings about? That we should have waited for the UN to forever do their inspection while Saddam and Kofi are continuing on with their Oil for Food scam?

Why should we listen to you folks now?

the war was all about the US dollar and controlling the oil assets in iraq...why dont we just admit that?....instead everyone wraps themselves in a flag, talking about iraqi freedom....if iraq is the picture of freedom ..i'd prefer a king or dictator ...

the war was all about the US dollar and controlling the oil assets in iraq...why dont we just admit that?....instead everyone wraps themselves in a flag, talking about iraqi freedom....if iraq is the picture of freedom ..i'd prefer a king or dictator ...

I never denied that part of it. What is so wrong then about protecting commerce and the flow of Oil in the open market?

And who benefits, just us? We are not the only Nation who buys oil from Iraq.

I never denied that part of it. What is so wrong then about protecting commerce and the flow of Oil in the open market?

And who benefits, just us? We are not the only Nation who buys oil from Iraq.

That is just disgusting. Justifying war for financial reasons? You were talking about morality a little while back...I can't see the morality in that, whether you look at the Bible or some secular theories. Seriously, with the money poured into the Iraq war we could have already found other sources for energy, better than oil. And do you follow that same logic in real life? If you wanna buy your neighbor's TV cause you don't have one and Best Buy is out, and he won't sell it, you'll shoot his arms and legs off and chain him in the basement and then take it? Come on dude, that's a seriously weak defense. And before you say anything about free markets and all that, let me tell you again: forcing someone to sell is NOT free market. Free market is that everyone gets to decide for their own assets and what to do with it.

That is just disgusting. Justifying war for financial reasons? You were talking about morality a little while back...I can't see the morality in that, whether you look at the Bible or some secular theories. Seriously, with the money poured into the Iraq war we could have already found other sources for energy, better than oil. And do you follow that same logic in real life? If you wanna buy your neighbor's TV cause you don't have one and Best Buy is out, and he won't sell it, you'll shoot his arms and legs off and chain him in the basement and then take it? Come on dude, that's a seriously weak defense. And before you say anything about free markets and all that, let me tell you again: forcing someone to sell is NOT free market. Free market is that everyone gets to decide for their own assets and what to do with it.

Disgusting? Let me see how you react when you have to pay $20/ gallon for gas and have to get in line for hours. Let me see how you react when the economy goes down the drain and we have millions out of work. Let me see how you react when those who you feel we have to leave alone take over the world for we are now weak and can't do anything. Let me see how you react when the Islams have dominated the world and now it is their turn to infuence everyone to their belief.

Then you will see what disgusting really is.

True, you know Saddam was about to switch his oil market over to Euros................ Just as the Iranians plan on doing. The sad part is: We will not see any benefit from the Iraqi oil. Gas prices will still be through the roof and Exxon will still be making a killing.

Aroces, your argument is full of holes.......... We have had the technology and ability to get off oil for the past thirty years. We could easily reach a level where importing oil is not necessary.

Edited by Bob26003

True, you know Saddam was about to switch his oil market over to Euros................ Just as the Iranians plan on doing. The sad part is: We will not see any benefit from the Iraqi oil. Gas prices will still be through the roof and Exxon will still be making a killing.

Aroces, your argument is full of holes.......... We have had the technology and ability to get off oil for the past thirty years. We could easily reach a level where importing oil is not necessary.

Just how are we gonna get off oil? Please expose these loopholes.

Oh really? Tell me excatly what has been there for 30 years that is MARKETABLE and people would switch to?

Oh really? Tell me excatly what has been there for 30 years that is MARKETABLE and people would switch to?

Ethanol, Solar Power, Biodiesel, geothermal, wind power, hydroelectric, biomass.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/200...nment_poll.html

Americans Urgently Want Action on Energy Independence and Global Warming

By John Podesta, Daniel J. Weiss, Laura Nichols

April 18, 2007

After a year when public education and media coverage saturated classrooms, theaters, and television screens and energy alternative advocacy permeated the Web, there is new evidence that points us not only to support for solutions but also toward new signs of the expediency with which Americans want their leaders in Congress to take this issue on. From Al Gore and Davis Guggenheim’s Oscar win for “An Inconvenient Truth” to the thousands who participated in “Step It Up” events last week in advocacy of carbon emissions reductions and the “Live Earth” global warming concerts planned for July 7th on every continent, activists have been joined now by other Americans who, as evidenced by a new poll, clearly believe that the issue of energy independence and global warming is one of the biggest priorities for our nation’s leaders.

A poll for the Center for American Progress conducted by GreenbergQuinlanRosner Research found that a majority of Americans look to Washington for meaningful and timely action.

Among the most important findings:

* Americans want freedom and self sufficiency from our energy policies;

* Americans, in the tradition of our “can-do” spirit, believe we should be leading the world in clean, alternative energy. If the political will exists, they believe we can do anything;

* Americans want accountability. They want their leaders to show they will do the right thing, put money to good use and act accordingly themselves;

* They see clean energy as a path to economic growth and new jobs;

* Democrats, Independents, and Republicans believe the evidence of global warming is now clear and only strengthens the case for immediate action on energy independence; and,

* Americans overwhelmingly support vigorous standards for clean alternative energy technologies and better mileage. They also support a cap and reduction on global warming pollution.

Edited by Bob26003

Ethanol, Solar Power, Biodiesel, geothermal, wind power, hydroelectric, biomass.

Yeah, most of those are being use now at certain degree. But do you at all understand why we are not switching to them totally?

Yeah, most of those are being use now at certain degree. But do you at all understand why we are not switching to them totally?

So Exxon can continue to make 40 Billion Dollars in profit a quarter?

And so we can destroy the Earth and the Right Wing Christians can finally get to see Jesus come back?

You only bitter about it for you got no shares of Exxon. :yes:

And so we can destroy the Earth and the Right Wing Christians can finally get to see Jesus come back?

Honestly, if Jesus comes back I think he will be with the environmentalist for one thing.

No safe way for U.S. to leave Iraq
Why do you think we are still there? Bush doesn't want that mess on his hands and thinks he will be safe if he can escape from office before we withdrawl.

You only bitter about it for you got no shares of Exxon. :yes:

Honestly, if Jesus comes back I think he will be with the environmentalist for one thing.

Yeah, Jesus was a Liberal. :tu:

I know we don't see eye to eye on most issues, but that's what I've been saying and thinking now that the occupation of Iraq has dragged on. The three largest oil producers have the most to gain from oil never being accessible or produced by Iraq. Saudi Arabia, Russia, and US oil companies all stand to gain over 100 trillion dollars/year each in EXTRA earned revenue for their industries by keeping the pot stirred in Iraq. And it's strangely coincidental all three are there, Al Quida (Saudi Arabia), the insurgents (former Soviet states such as Uzebeckistan), and the US Army (America). And the hydocarbon law stinks to high heaven and I feel it to be unfair and un-american.

This is just my personal opinion, so there's a strong possiblity I'm incorrect.