Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cloning Dionsaurs

Archosaur

Pretty self-explanatory. We may be able to do this eventually. Would you clone one or more individuals or species? Why or why not?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archosaur

• JeremyGTS

• Pax Unum

• Isis2200

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we should. I doubt the poor creature would survive for long. Our environement and gravity has changed drastically in 65 million years.

i agree with MM :yes:

We don't konw the climatic conditions to which they were adapted .

So... even if we are able to clone them , they won't survive :P

Cloning dinosaurs, not such a good idea. They would have to be held in captivity, would be a huge threat to the public, and would require tons of care. Although, on the other hand it would be better to clone other species like turtles, which are starting to become extinct. They are one of the most older animals on this planet today. Just a though, cool thread.

JJO

id love to have a raptor has a pet :rofl:

LOL, a raptor would love to have you as a snack... :D

LOL, a raptor would love to have you as a snack... :D

yeah im sure it would lol...

Pretty self-explanatory. We may be able to do this eventually. Would you clone one or more individuals or species? Why or why not?

Hi Archosaur,

No, I would never want to clone any dinosaur because if I DID, the government would come and confiscate my dinosaur, my papers, and they would make many more of these dinosaurs and let them out in the environment to frighten and harm people. That would be one way to help to achieve population control. People have speculated that many of these strange creatures that people have seen lately are just chimeras that the government has created in one of their underground bases and later let them go in the environment.

linked-image

I'd love to have a raptor as a pet too; and then if he tried to pin me down and bite me, I'D have HIM as a snack. lol :D

I don't think we should. I doubt the poor creature would survive for long. Our environement and gravity has changed drastically in 65 million years.

I agree. Plus the climate itself has changed.

Where are we going to put them? A real live "Jassic Park?"

Bad idea.

Hi Archosaur,

No, I would never want to clone any dinosaur because if I DID, the government would come and confiscate my dinosaur, my papers, and they would make many more of these dinosaurs and let them out in the environment to frighten and harm people. That would be one way to help to achieve population control. People have speculated that many of these strange creatures that people have seen lately are just chimeras that the government has created in one of their underground bases and later let them go in the environment.

linked-image

Well Isis, while the government does have an unfortunate history of controlling private research, and of confiscating exotic animals for stupid reasons, I haven't seen our government do anything as stupid and monstrous as what you suggest.

On the chimera thing, private and government research has come surprisingly far, and it certainly possible that discoveries have come about that might be a little too shocking for public release.

No, I think they were made extinct for a reason, not good to make them mix with man - they would eat us and we would shoot them lol

Hmm more like you would end up as ITS pet :lol:

I think the overall opinion is a resounding NOOOOO!!!

They are just too unpredictable. How can you control an animal when you do not even know how exactly it lived in its natural environment. They are extinct for a reason. It would be cruel to clone even a little one and display it as a living fossil...

Now as for existing species that are endangered, for them I am all for the cloning process to preserve them and their function in our current ecosystem...

- Hmm maybe a little carnivore (instead of a raptor!) would make a good pet. Just think no more trespassers. *burp*

Personally, I wouldn’t want a carnivorous animal like the Velociraptor as a pet, the Velociraptor (not the JP Velociraptor, which was more like a Utahraptor) was 0.62 meters (2 ft) high at the hip, and it only weighed about 45 pounds, but it was armed with serrated teeth and a vicious retractable sickle-shaped claw... I’ve seen terrified people chased by geese and turkeys, I can imagine the trouble a few stray Velociraptors could cause, pets and small children wouldn’t be safe... IMO

How about cloning the species that ate all of the dinosaurs and made them extinct.;)

Think about what a great pet a huge theropod carnosaur would be. You could fall asleep on his warm, soft belly, and wake up IN his war, soft belly.:D