Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how to keep pc clean

Tess

What is the best way to keep a desktop pc clean?I mean,i keep a clean house,try to keep my pc clean,and there's always dust.......i opened the tower to clean and couldn't believe the dust bunnies inside.I had to take q-tips and clean the fan.Is there an easier way?I keep it covered when not in use,so how does it STILL get so dirty? sad.gifohmy.gifsad.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tess

• Benjo Koolzooie

• DarkShade

Top Posters In This Topic

The same reason fans collect dust. Even though they shouldn't (they are in constant motion, wouldn't that be enough to push dust away?) they still collect and it seems to almost attract dust.

Use compressed air in those little air canister things, but don't spray too close. It is very cold and you don't want to freeze any components. Other than that, make sure everything is sealed that can be (you must leave fan vents open of course). Close up any open PCI slot openings you might have, seal cracks in the case, and keep it in good ventilation. You will always have dust, the only thing you can do is keep it to a minimum.

I leave the side casing off one side of the tower, not only because I am one fan minus to what I should have, but also allows easy access for when things go wrong (Usually on a weekly basis).

I cleaned the fan yesterday, it was full of dust, surprising it was also!

Benjo Koolzooie,doesn't leaving the side off just do more harm than good?Doesn't that allow more dirt and dust in?I left the side off my other one and it kinda warped it and i never could get it back on all the way. sad.gif

Possibly yes. But I haven't had any problems and it's been like it about 2 years. The only problems I get are internet connection based (weekly basis), other than that nothing.

Then again if I put the side on it would over heat cause I don't have the required amount of fans and that would lead to over heating and worser problems.