Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

earth getting physically larger

chemical-licker

ah now i understand. but the question is. why now? why hasn't it been released to the public much much ealier.

Good question. Dont know. Maybe because there is so much vested interest in subduction theory. Lots of money wasted and reputations (Geophysicist PHd etc) at risk.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legatus Legionis

• Deinychus_rulz

• Fearisgood

• Chaøs

I don't know....my geology is a bit hazy now, but I've got a few issues with the idea.

- How would he explain earthquakes along the fault-lines of the plates if there is no subduction & tension resulting from it?

- How were the Himalayas, Rockies or the Alps formed, if all continents were drifting apart? If you look at mountain geology, you can see the foldings of the different rock strata (believe me, I know...I had to learn the whole folding of the Alps to the last bloody wrinkle!) So which were the immense forces that created our mountain ranges if the continents just gently drifted apart over millenia?

- Where did all the billions and billions of tons of rock come from to enlarge the earth? Can't have been the meteors; firstly, not enough material, secondly, the oceans did not start to form AFTER the meteor pounding stopped, around 3.9 bya, because before then all water got vaporized by the impacts (a propos, don't forget we lost quite a big chunk - our moon)

-there is evidence to suggest that from around 750 - 570 mya we had a severe ice age (snowball earth); the entire globe was covered in glaciers from pole to pole and seas would have been iced over too. It is thought that life could only survive near deep-sea vents, hot springs and rare places where sunlight was able to melt the surface of the seas. So, if the earth had only shallow seas, as the film suggests, I'm wondering if there would have been enough life to survive to evolve & radiate in the oceans. After all, life did first bloom in the oceans. Deep sea vents provided a much more stable environment than hazardous and ephemeral patches of melted sea ice.

-the current plate-tectonic model does include drift & enlargement/formation of new ocean floor along the ocean's fault lines, which also explains why the rock along them is the newest, and one theory of earth expansion is mentioned, but not to the extent this guy suggests

- and how does the massive expansion in his theory incorporate the earth's magnetic field?

Here are a couple of links to plate tectonics and ocean formation

Good question. Dont know. Maybe because there is so much vested interest in subduction theory. Lots of money wasted and reputations (Geophysicist PHd etc) at risk.

if these so called Geophysicist are not able to take the risk. why would we even bother to tackle this theory.

Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light. :P

only thing that made any sense to me in this whole thread "THANK YOU" :blush:

The earth is alive, and is like us in many ways...WE ARE ITS CHILDREN!!! 75% of our bodies is water. 75% of the earth's surface is water. We are carbon-based lifeforms. The earth's most abundant metalic element is carbon. We have hair. The Earth has trees, and other vegetation which ROOT into its surface. We grow, the Earth grows. We have parasitic life-forms that live on us, the Earth has :hmm: us. Along with animals. We have pimples, zits, etc. the Earth has mountains. We have bones and joints, the Earth has 'tectonic plates' and fault lines. We have some mysterious deity(ies) that we worship, and well.... The Earth has the sun. :)

I think that the earth was a different sphere. We are too small to be in this solar system. The sun may have nova'd at one time and that blew off our covering, our thick atmosphere, and the orbit we are in now is a slow shock wave. They say the middle of the earth is hot iron with layer upon layer upon layer of earth. Did this pregnant ball start out as a small ball of iron and throughout the billions of years of this universe the space debris has accumulated on this rolling ball and caused it to grow this big? And now, this little ball of iron has reached this size and passed through all the debris and is reaching a point in this galaxie or universe where the general laws of existence are different, like the laws of gravity are slightly off causing instruments of weight mesurement to be off. A beautiful, slender female who is light on her feet weighs 450 pounds. Things that used to be so light and feathery are like glued to the floor. But, you can fly with your eyes open. What a dream . . .

no it is true that the earth is getting larger, it is due to cosmic debrees meteorites ect. We may not seem them but thousands fall to earth per day.

The earth is alive, and is like us in many ways...WE ARE ITS CHILDREN!!! 75% of our bodies is water. 75% of the earth's surface is water. We are carbon-based lifeforms. The earth's most abundant metalic element is carbon. We have hair. The Earth has trees, and other vegetation which ROOT into its surface. We grow, the Earth grows. We have parasitic life-forms that live on us, the Earth has :hmm: us. Along with animals. We have pimples, zits, etc. the Earth has mountains. We have bones and joints, the Earth has 'tectonic plates' and fault lines. We have some mysterious deity(ies) that we worship, and well.... The Earth has the sun. :)

AND LO! Where did said skeptics go?!

You just drew extremely vague comparisons between us and the Earth...absolutely none of those things mean the Earth is alive.

Being alive is a requirement for something to be considered an organism; the Earth is not alive therefore not an organism.

So what similarities are there between trees and hair, or mountains and pimples, or tectonic plates and joints? They aren't even similar superficially; let alone in structure or function.

Now me even asking this is pointless because even if you are able to come up with a few similarities, it still doesn't mean the Earth is alive. It doesn't grow, reproduce, react to stimuli, metabolize or adapt...

It doesn't grow, it accumulates mass. There's a difference.

Actually it's on topic, but those dinosaur videos aren't. :huh:

Edited by Chaøs

the earth IS alive thats pretty factual but it is true i doesnt grow it accumulates mass like my previous post said, meteors, space debrees ect

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of micrometeors come down every year. The Earth getting larger would not seem so impossible. It wouldn't be a problem either.

Wow, Neal Adams sure likes to repeat himself...over and over and over and over and over...But I suppose I would need to do the same thing to convince myself of something like this.

So, out of curiosity, where does the extra mass come from? And what about increased gravity from said mass? Oh wait, thats real science. Nevermind.

I'm sure the all knowing here, can tell us what the gravity was here ten thousand years ago or a hundred thousand years ago. I'm sure that they can even tell us what suposedly drastic changes a 10% gain or loss of gravity would cause. I'm sure that they could prove that if my great grandfather was buried naked, they could prove he didn't die 25 million years ago. I even believe they can prove that the radiation they judge age things by, could never have been altered by matter from outer space. I also believe in Santa Claus and the easter bunny. I love these all knowing people.

Edited by tlsmith1138

• 2 weeks later...