Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game analysis.

STIX

If you want me to do some analysis on your game, post a link to it here and I will look it over and tell you what I think about it.

My RHP rating is 1543 currently so it gives you an idea of my skill.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STIX

• Please Explain

• Saru

• BurnSide

I don't think players should be taking advice on their games during a Tournament, especially from a good player such as yourself.

Technically, that would be cheating.

Sorry. I should have pointed out that the games should be completed. I wouldn't give analysis on a game that is in-progress anyway. If it is a problem, then to be safe maybe the games should also not be a part of this seasons tournament.

Gotcha, that sounds like a much better idea. I don't think there would be a problem giving players tips on already completed games to help them improve. :)

Yup sounds fine as long as help isn't given to currently active tournament matches. :tu:

If you want me to do some analysis on your game, post a link to it here and I will look it over and tell you what I think about it.

My RHP rating is 1543 currently so it gives you an idea of my skill.

I can also analyse if the game was on a grandmaster level yet the players are novice.

RHP ratings are not genuine rating.

Real chess involves short time play, not days to push just one move.

The type of chess played on RHP is correspondance chess, it's not the same as playing chess in real time but it is still a genuine and well recognised form of the game.

I can also analyse if the game was on a grandmaster level yet the players are novice.

RHP ratings are not genuine rating.

Real chess involves short time play, not days to push just one move.

RHP ratings are genuine correspondance ratings... whether I play OTB or correspondance, it makes no difference on my ability to sit down and analyze a chess game.

Incidently they now have Blitz chess as well on that site, looks like a beta trial. :tu:

Incidently they now have Blitz chess as well on that site, looks like a beta trial. :tu:

Huh ! i'll take a look. Hell...forgot my password.

BTW i loved blitz. Looking forward to anyone who likes chess for 5 or 10 minutes game.

OMG ! i won my first blitz on RHP.

I wasn't breathing when i started to play.

Interesting.... I might have to check that out some time tomorrow. Never played Blitz chess before :whistle:

OMG ! i won my first blitz on RHP.

I wasn't breathing when i started to play.

LOL I didn't realize your name was "Please Explain" so I thought you wanted me to explain why he resigned.

Basically, I see that he has lost castling rights which is a disadvantage. His only move is 16.Kd1 because if he goes the other way you will win the rook with a knight fork.

After that, you have the initiative, your opponent is on the run. You should notice that your knight is in danger. The next move could be 16...Nf2+ 17.Bxf2 Bxf2 and now you have the bishop pair, your rooks can both come into play easier the whites, the white knight is pinned to the rook. Although it is blacks move, there aren't many that look promising. You have the advantage and if you play properly you can definitly win. Looking even deeper, another promising move is 16...exf4 which attacks the bishop. If white takes the pawn, you will fork the Rook and Queen with Nf2+. If white takes the knight, you take the bishop and have also won a pawn. White can't take back your pawn with the queen or else he will leave the knight undefended and you will take it with the bishop. If white tries to retreat the bishop with 7.Bg1 and save it, you can still fork the queen and rook, trading off the bishop and giving you a pawn and a strong positional advantage. Another way of going about this same goal of winning the bishop for the knight and also bring a strong attack down onto the king would be to move your rook onto the e-file. 16...Re8 now if 17.Qxe4 (taking your knight) you can play 17...exf4, revealing the rook which will attack the queen and the bishop, and the pawn now attacks the bishop as well. Again, the queen is tied to defending the knight from your light coloured bishop, so taking your pawn would lose the knight and consequently alot more than that. White must retreat the queen to safety and will lose the bishop to fxe3. White still can't take your pawn because now it is defended with your rook and whites knight is still pinned to his own rook which could prove disasterous.

You see how I started out looking at one line which simply gave me a bishop over a knight and through analysis of it I was able to see the dynamics of the position. Queen is tied to defence, your bishop is on the open diagonal which can attack the rook, your e-pawn can move off the e-file, opening it up. I started with one simple line and evolved it into a better combination that can bring more material and development to your disposal.

Actually, I do see a threat. 16...Re8 17.Bb6! white attacks your queen. You can still play 17...exf4 18.Bxd8 Nf2+ 19.Kd2(Kc1 will allow a later tactic) Nxd3 20.Bxd3 Bxd5 21.Rxh4 Rxd8 Now it is even in material, you have won a pawn, both rooks are in the center and whites king is in the center, a very dangerous place for it. You could also play 17..Qxb6 which is good for you as well. After this you just need to do some mopping up.

Its hard to find the absolute best continuation in a position like this, but I think Re8 may be it. I'm better at finding errors earlier in the game that lead to these type of imbalances.

Edited by STIX

Actually, I do see a threat. 16...Re8 17.Bb6! .

Good analysis there Stix....but my next move is to open the line which is psychologically scary to any players. (PxP) and i'm expecting a knight x f4. You don't worry about exposing the rook as you can exchange it without worries on a game of blitz and i'm not gonna exchange my white bishop because that is my attack and defence piece after ng3 then be4. Lots of tactics there but the best one is always to scare your opponents.

Good analysis there Stix....but my next move is to open the line which is psychologically scary to any players. (PxP) and i'm expecting a knight x f4. You don't worry about exposing the rook as you can exchange it without worries on a game of blitz and i'm not gonna exchange my white bishop because that is my attack and defence piece after ng3 then be4. Lots of tactics there but the best one is always to scare your opponents.

Indeed! people often overlook the psychological component.