Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paris Hilton's going to prison

Mad Manfred

THE endless party that is Paris Hilton's lifestyle was gatecrashed by the law today as the socialite was sentenced to 45 days in prison for a parole violation.

The millionaire heiress to the Hilton hotel empire looked close to tears as she wailed, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" just moments before receiving her sentence at downtown Los Angeles' Metropolitan Court.

Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, looked visibly upset as the sentence was handed down to their daughter, one of the world's most photographed and famous women.

Hilton's parole violation conviction came after she was caught driving on a suspended licence in February following her no contest plea to drink-driving.

Prosecutors had warned yesterday they would seek a jail sentence for the blonde style icon but it did not deter Hilton from testing the patience of the court by turning up for her hearing at least 15 minutes late.

Soberly dressed in a dark suit with a white blouse, with her blonde hair swept back in a pony tail, Hilton did not comment as she arrived, running a gauntlet of at least 60 paparazzi and reporters.

Builders on a construction site opposite the courthouse shouted "Jail time!" to dozens of television crews and photographers who ringed the building in downtown Los Angeles.

Satellite television trucks crowded side streets and local news crews hovered overhead in helicopters, completing a surreal scene at the court, which normally deals with minor traffic violations.

Prosecutors told the court Hilton had been stopped on January 15 by California Highway Patrol and told she was not allowed to be driving.

On that occasion, Hilton signed a police statement acknowledging she was not supposed to drive and she was let off with an informal warning.

But just over a month later she was hauled over again in Hollywood when spotted driving her $US190,000 ($231,045) Bentley Continental GTC at night with its headlights off.

Hilton's spokesman said his client was unaware she was violating her parole - but prosecutors dismissed that line of argument, citing the earlier brush with traffic police in January.

Hilton had lost her licence for alcohol-related reckless driving and was given 36 months probation.

The charges stemmed from her September 7 arrest after she was found driving her Mercedes with an alcohol level equal to the legal limit.

Court documents described her decision to repeatedly keep driving as a "flagrant" violation of court orders and demanded she be given a custodial sentence.

They also alleged Hilton failed to enrol in an alcohol education program within 21 days of the order directing her to do so.

A favourite target for tabloid gossip and the paparazzi, Hilton appeared in the reality television series The Simple Life and in 2003 an unauthorised *spam filter* with her former boyfriend appeared on the internet.

She ventured into music last year with a debut album and has had cameo roles in a handful of films, including the 2005 horror film House of Wax.

Source

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spurious George

• Mad Manfred

• contactismade

• Princess Serenity

I think the reason she's so petrified is because it's been circulated that they're going to make an example out of her :tu:

I think the reason she's so petrified is because it's been circulated that they're going to make an example out of her :tu:

Well, I have to say it's about time. It's almost like when the aristocracy could do whatever they wanted to the lower classes (rape, murder, beatings) and there was nothing that anyone could or WOULD do about it. She has been doing whatever she wanted because mommy and daddy were rich. Maybe she will learn a little something but, I'm sure they will just incorporate her stay in jail for her show and she will still get the attention that she obviously craves.

One would hope that it scares some sense of right and wrong into her(that her parents failed to do), but I doubt it...45 days will turn into a week and she will come out attending parties and acting like the little rich kid she has always been. Her parents should spend the time in jail with her for failing to do a good job as a parent to begin with....

Nah, I reckon cause in jail she wont be able to accessorize......I mean, what does go with that ghastly colour anyway ?? :rolleyes:

I smell an adult video coming 'Paris Goes to Prison' :lol:

Edited by Bob26003

betcha its one of those nice comfy country club type of prison where the white collar and wealthy do time.

Not the real deal where the rest of us would end up.

Well, she is actually going to county jail.A far cry from any sort of prison.Misdemeanor crimes vs Felonies.

If it is in a cout say like Beverly Hills then you know it will be a cake walk. I also read she was to get no special treatment like furloughs and such. Maybe she will stil get like work release or something?

Whatever it is...all she will have to do is wave her money around at commissary time and she will pretty much have a crap load of crack heads for friends over a hard time in the place.

Edited by manofleisure

She'll use the publicity to her advantage... we'll probably see a new Paris Prison fashion line in a few months

Well, I have to say it's about time. It's almost like when the aristocracy could do whatever they wanted to the lower classes (rape, murder, beatings) and there was nothing that anyone could or WOULD do about it. She has been doing whatever she wanted because mommy and daddy were rich. Maybe she will learn a little something but, I'm sure they will just incorporate her stay in jail for her show and she will still get the attention that she obviously craves.

Agree.. it's about time. Welcome to the world, Paris. :lol:

It would be tempting to breach parole if i had a Bently to cruise around in. :P

Edited by Dark_Ambient

The ironic thing is, even if she was passed around like a doobie in that prison she'd probably be having less sex than usual.

shes gonna have to be protected, so it should be easy time...

:clap::clap: And justice for all!

Now if only she would have to serve in general population, just like any one of us , for the same conviction, it would be fair and equal justice.

Paris..who?

Well, I have to say it's about time. It's almost like when the aristocracy could do whatever they wanted to the lower classes (rape, murder, beatings) and there was nothing that anyone could or WOULD do about it.

I agree. I don't understand America's fascination with mind-blowingly rich young women who do nothing to earn their money. If they have no interest in the safety of their fellow humans, throw them in the clink.

It's like, along with the divide between the have's and have-not's growing bigger and bigger we're creating a fantasy corrupt aristocracy. It's creepy.

I agree. I don't understand America's fascination with mind-blowingly rich young women who do nothing to earn their money. If they have no interest in the safety of their fellow humans, throw them in the clink.

It's like, along with the divide between the have's and have-not's growing bigger and bigger we're creating a fantasy corrupt aristocracy. It's creepy.

I know! I find it really sad, not to mention a little scary that the public had let them become like this.

Edited by glorybebe

in the backward world of hollywood celebs this could end up boosting her sagging popularity .

you ever hear the old saying--nothing happens by accident ? sort of like when hugh grant got caught with that $20 trans-gender prostitute !

all the sudden hes back making $1,000,000s on the crappy date-movies !!

i'll bet in a few months we will be "treated" to a whole new round of paris hiltion bull-sh** / movies, TV shows , a big round on the daily talk shows. and we get to hear all about her "reformation in the jail--all that "hard-time ""ect-ect--lol

i bet that "celeb" --damn i allmost used that "wh%r" word on sunday !--LOL anyways she ends up making a bit over a million a day over this little bit of hollywood justice-- the media thinks we are all suckers-- oh by the way the book will be on opra !!!--

I was trying to make an online booking for a weekend at a Hilton Hotel & accidently stumbled on her Video! absolutely Disgraceful, unfortunately Mrs Scrummage walked in on me and made the wrong assumption!! she was not ammused

I hope a 200lb lesbian seeks her out *& sits on her smug face! Video that Paris

Edited by lord scrummage

er, well, not much to add to that, really. LOL

I was trying to make an online booking for a weekend at a Hilton Hotel & accidently stumbled on her Video! absolutely Disgraceful

Oh yes, you were searching for the Hilton hotel in the Paris provence of la Anàl. It's an easy mistake to make.

Nice Hotel btw.Why only last year, I enjoyed a lovely weekend there.

Edited by billyhill

I must stress, that I only watched the video because i thought it was a Hilton Hotel promotional Video, by the time i realised what i was seeing, it was to late...Mrs Scrummage was horrified at the sight seeing Paris performing an ungodly act on this body builder Black man...

My only remark is that he was a poor swordsman by any standard....

I was trying to make an online booking for a weekend at a Hilton Hotel & accidently stumbled on her Video! absolutely Disgraceful, unfortunately Mrs Scrummage walked in on me and made the wrong assumption!! she was not ammused

LOL. thats so funny, same thing happened to me when i stumbled across the Pamela Anderson sex tape an my girlfriend walked in. she was not amused also.

I’ve seen that video already. Totally by accident of course- see, I was searching for the Hilton hotel situated in the fat lesbian porker region of er.. Greece.

Edited by billyhill