Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkey rejects Islamic government

supercar

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''In Egypt what do they want? Islamic dictatorship. In Kuwait, in Lebanon, in Jordan, what do they want? An Islamic dictatorship. Even in Saudi Arabia they want an Islamic dictatorship, but one even more strict, more harsh, if you can imagine that.''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Funny you should mention Egypt and Saudia. They are chief recipients of US aid......... Hmmmmmmmmmmm Spreading Democracy my ass.

I am sure the others are as well.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob26003

• AROCES

• SilverCougar

• BrucePrime

Now, if you think that is making the left look bad, I don't know what to tell you. And since when should the Left care what the Right thinks of them? I don't understand you.

If you will try to understand what is being said. It is what the left thinks of you now, you seem not to understand no one anymore. :blink:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''Yes, the United States has turned a blind-eye to many of Turkey's shortcomings, because it would rather the West have an influence over the emerging nation rather than extremist Islam. It is better the US influence Turkey, despite its human rights record, than let it fall to something far, far worse.'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I doubt the victims would take that position.

So you suggest we abandon them until everytyhing is nice and dandy?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''In Egypt what do they want? Islamic dictatorship. In Kuwait, in Lebanon, in Jordan, what do they want? An Islamic dictatorship. Even in Saudi Arabia they want an Islamic dictatorship, but one even more strict, more harsh, if you can imagine that.''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Funny you should mention Egypt and Saudia. They are chief recipients of US aid......... Hmmmmmmmmmmm Spreading Democracy my ass.

Tell me then who are the Islamic dictators on each country you mentioned?

If you will try to understand what is being said. It is what the left thinks of you now, you seem not to understand no one anymore. :blink:

I'm not left ;)

I'm not left ;)

I know........ I had a feeling.

The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-

paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

So I guess all that is just to look cool.

Edited by Bob26003

Not a lefty from Seattle??? Well, well, didn't know such exist! :)

I'm not a right wing either ;)

Edited by SilverCougar

I'm not a right wing either ;)

I know, that is why I didn't say so.

No fun then if you take no side. ;)

I know........ I had a feeling.

The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-

paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

So I guess all that is just to look cool.

I don't "look" cool. Nor do I wish to strive to "be" cool. I've got my own nitch in the world.

AROCES makes the extream right look horrid, like you make the extream left look horrid. So don't feel bad, you're in good company. ;)

I know, that is why I didn't say so.

No fun then if you take no side. ;)

Just like a conservitive. Everything's black and white, which could be further from the truth.

I have a side. And I'll let you think on that for a while.

Simply pointing out a fact: If you guys are going to rail against the Turkish Gov. you can't leave out that fact that we have provide much aid to them. It's called intellectual honesty. Try it sometime.

Except that most of us weren't railing against the government, and when we discussed the government, it was about the Islamicist Party in power, not the secular military. It's called "Reading Comprehension". Try it some time.

P.S. The above shows that you don't know what a Red Herring is in debate. Look it up on wikipedia.

Just like a conservitive. Everything's black and white, which could be further from the truth.

I have a side. And I'll let you think on that for a while.

Oh, I do believe in two political parties and the check and balance it brings.

And both can't be 100% correct on issues, but the GOP to me has better policies over all.

While the Democrats has a few, and the rest are just feel good policies.

Yes, it would be very nice if every nation we dealt with was a shining example of democracy. But what you are far too simple-minded to understand is that this is not the world we live in. Yes, Egypt and Saudi Arabia are hardly democracies (though they are making rudimentary democratic reforms), however, I never said they were democracies.

But who said it was anything about spreading democracy? It's about holding back the darkness, even if that means making deals with shady actors to do such. What would you rather have, Egypt as it is, where we have some influence, and can at least attempt to guide towards more reform, or Egypt under the control of al-ikhwān al-muslimūn?

Except that most of us weren't railing against the government, and when we discussed the government, it was about the Islamicist Party in power, not the secular military. It's called "Reading Comprehension". Try it some time.

P.S. The above shows that you don't know what a Red Herring is in debate. Look it up on wikipedia.

So let's see, the thread is about people protesting the Turkish Gov........ Right?

And you are trying to tell me that US support for that same Gov. is in no way related to the topic. That is ridiculous. And dumb...........

Yes, it would be very nice if every nation we dealt with was a shining example of democracy. But what you are far too simple-minded to understand is that this is not the world we live in. Yes, Egypt and Saudi Arabia are hardly democracies (though they are making rudimentary democratic reforms), however, I never said they were democracies.

But who said it was anything about spreading democracy? It's about holding back the darkness, even if that means making deals with shady actors to do such. What would you rather have, Egypt as it is, where we have some influence, and can at least attempt to guide towards more reform, or Egypt under the control of al-ikhwān al-muslimūn?

I believe Nations should be free to have whatever form of Gov. they want. We have enough problems at home. That is what the security council is supposed to be for. If some Nation gets too crazy.

Your beloved leader Gilligan said it was about spreading Democracy BTW....

Edited by Bob26003

I don't "look" cool. Nor do I wish to strive to "be" cool. I've got my own nitch in the world.

AROCES makes the extream right look horrid, like you make the extream left look horrid. So don't feel bad, you're in good company. ;)

I actually know how you feel. :)

You make the middle or wherever you are look terrible SC.

Not very nice huh?

You shouldn't attack people who aren't even talking to you. That was an ignorant and rude comment. Why don't you try to add something substinative. Instead of trying to hurt peoples feelings.

===============

Like I said before, US support of Turkey is definately relevant to the topic at hand. Just another dimension.

Edited by Bob26003

oh ouch .. You wound me.. right here.. *points to her elbow*...

No wait... you did nothing really.

The funny thing is, I tried being nice to you when you first came here. And you would constantly blow up at me. I tried to give you guideance... but you threw it back into my face. So frankly, I don't see where I should continue giving you any nice treatment.

The US has nothing to do with Turkey joining the EU. However it is nice to see people speaking out against having religion muddle in government.

I believe Nations should be free to have whatever form of Gov. they want. We have enough problems at home. That is what the security council is supposed to be for. If some Nation gets too crazy.

Your beloved leader Gilligan said it was about spreading Democracy BTW....

You are putting the President's words into my mouth. I never said anything like that; I'm the one you're debating here, not him.

And US support of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey started long before the President was ever involved in politics. Whatever rhetoric he uses, it was never about spreading democracy.

You are putting the President's words into my mouth. I never said anything like that; I'm the one you're debating here, not him.

And US support of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey started long before the President was ever involved in politics. Whatever rhetoric he uses, it was never about spreading democracy.

So you admit he was lying?