Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boozing British Girls (BBC Documentry)

Syd Boggle

No thanks.

Awwwww go on... please ? I thought it was an interesting topic, and was developing some interesting points until "El Midgetron" started the "personal abuse" ball rolling.

Meow Purr.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• Bill Hill

• Syd Boggle

• Spurious George

the debate kinda disappeared when lord scrummage started clearly lying about certain stuff he was posting.

As for trends being controlled i never said they couldn't be, i just said this particular one wasn't going to be solved by taking photos of drunken girls passed out.

I wasn't really arguing with u "lord scrummage" just pointing out the fact that ur a liar.

And sure "ships-cat" lets get back to the original debate.

I don't see women behaving in such manner overly shocking, there are different social classes and u will note that the majority of upper and middle class women don't go out to pubs and then glass people. They might behave flirtaciously and what not, but once again i don't see that as being a terrible thing, and not just because i'm a guy, i think women should have as much right to go out and hook up with random guys as men do when they go out and pick up multiple partners.

What i didn't agree with, was the way that this argument was presented, as if all of a suddent every woman in the age brackets of 16 to 28 was going out at night getting drunk, and bashing other women, the only reason i commented in this thread was because i found the presentation of the debate one sided and offensive to women in that age group

Or maybe we could just get back to Scrummage posting hot pics of chicks while feigning disgust. That was kinda cool.

Or maybe, just maybe, he could answer my question regarding his opinion of guys doing the same things that he finds girls doing disgusting, and whether he's got any pics he would like to share.

PS in regard to this "questionable" behaviour is anyone else familiar with the effects of alcohol lol?

the debate kinda disappeared when lord scrummage started clearly lying about certain stuff he was posting.

As for trends being controlled i never said they couldn't be, i just said this particular one wasn't going to be solved by taking photos of drunken girls passed out.

I wasn't really arguing with u "lord scrummage" just pointing out the fact that ur a liar.

And sure "ships-cat" lets get back to the original debate.

I don't see women behaving in such manner overly shocking, there are different social classes and u will note that the majority of upper and middle class women don't go out to pubs and then glass people. They might behave flirtaciously and what not, but once again i don't see that as being a terrible thing, and not just because i'm a guy, i think women should have as much right to go out and hook up with random guys as men do when they go out and pick up multiple partners.

What i didn't agree with, was the way that this argument was presented, as if all of a suddent every woman in the age brackets of 16 to 28 was going out at night getting drunk, and bashing other women, the only reason i commented in this thread was because i found the presentation of the debate one sided and offensive to women in that age group

Sadly, I didn't see the BBC (was it 'Panorama' ? ) report that Lord Scrummage opened this debate on, but I don't recall any suggestion that that "all women within an age group etc" having a proclavity for this behaviour, merely that a proportion of the age group was gravitating to this sort of behavior, and that this proportion was increasing.

Whillst I think this behavior is sickening (almost literally), you raise an interesting point as to wether it is widespread and increasing, or merely a bit of "sensationalist" reporting on an existing, static, limited sector of society. Perhaps Lord Scrummage (or anyone who saw the original BBC report) could "flesh this out" a bit ? What - precisely - did the original BBC documentary alledge ? This is - after all - at the heart of this discussion.

Meow Purr.

OK I thought I would do the honors...

linked-image

... see drunk guys are funny, why get all bent outta shape from girls getting loaded? Not to mention there would be like less than half the good fight videos to watch on the net if people didnt get hammered.

But I would like to say to all the ladies that enjoy a good night of getting sh**tered, make sure you have a few really good guy friends with you and guys take good care of the ladies, that means breaking sh** over people's heads that try anything funny with them or are thinking of trying anything.... when in doubt, just knock em out! And everyone else bring a camera this stuff really needs to be shared with the world.

... see drunk guys are funny, why get all bent outta shape from girls getting loaded? Not to mention there would be like less than half the good fight videos to watch on the net if people didnt get hammered.

But I would like to say to all the ladies that enjoy a good night of getting sh**tered, make sure you have a few really good guy friends with you and guys take good care of the ladies, that means breaking sh** over people's heads that try anything funny with them or are thinking of trying anything.... when in doubt, just knock em out! And everyone else bring a camera this stuff really needs to be shared with the world.

Catch .22, I am alarmed by your comments, redolent as they are of violence, thuggery, and a "lazze fair" attitude to social responsibility.

I was about to take your opinions (note - NOT you, but your OPIONIONS) to task , but then you did..... THIS.....

linked-image

...it's difficult to Rant when you are desperatly trying to retain bladder control...

PLEASE tell us you know the story behind this Vigniete ? The forum... nay the world... is agog....

(but also note that this photo is NOT crude.... it seems likey that friends of the "legs" looked after the individual) This seems in stark contrast to some of the photo's we've seen on the first page of this thread.

Oh - and I'm still waiting for anyone (Lord Scurmmage ?? ) to cast light on the precise nature of the BBC program.

Meow Purr.

i cant belive all this fuss about girls getting drunk! really its up to them how they wish to spend what relatively short time we have on this earth. It may not be flatering to see but it is still their right

i cant belive all this fuss about girls getting drunk! really its up to them how they wish to spend what relatively short time we have on this earth. It may not be flatering to see but it is still their right

I suspect the debate is not about their "RIGHT" to behave like this, but their "CHOICE". In particular, what voices where - metaphoricly- whispering in their ear to help them inform their choice ?

Now that IS an important matter.

Meow Purr.

Edited by ships-cat

OK I thought I would do the honors...

Catch 22, boy you are such a boy nerd!! The only thing you could knockout is a handjob!

And really, you dont have to give me you daily schedule of internet activity, im not going to do an El midg & go over your every post with a fine tooth comb!!

Also your last couple of posts are getting a little erratic, like an over excited monkey....i guess thats what your avatar is suggesting...

Now, lets get back to the point bad boy!!! your just repeating yourself over and over

What are you talking about? solve what?......and im a lier! what have i lied about exactly?

Ive asked you to get an angle, but clearly you've gone completely off.....

Edited by lord scrummage

yes there may be a large persent that go wrong some point in their lives but not everyone stays on that path. i myself went pretty dam wrong but that only ended in showing me what i want out of life, my point is some people have to experience a piece of this to learn from their own mistakes. and grow up and on

These attacks stop now.

Return to the original topic at hand, because SOME of us want to discuss it.

Please respect the rules of the forum.

Thank you in anticipation.

Valhalla - this topic is moving so fast, that you posted your comment whillst I was till writing mine...

Yes... we need the space to make mistakes..

Out of curiousity though... when you looked back and decided "no...this is not for me..", where you also aware of previous voices who - at the time - had said "yes... do this.. " ?

Meow Purr :D

Edited by ships-cat

These attacks stop now.

Return to the original topic at hand, because SOME of us want to discuss it.

Please respect the rules of the forum.

Thank you in anticipation.

Meow Purr :D

Yes i second that Ships...anyway, the original programme was on BB3, it wasnt a Panorama doc, but it highlighted the growing trend amogst women drinking aggressively, the programme suggested that these days, since women now earn money & hold equally good jobs, that this has opened up a new social scene, where more and more bars now, are opened & designe specifically for women...

the programme also suggests that testostrone in women rises while drunk, where with men it apparently lowers...........this was the basic out line....and is for these reason that more women are fighting & generally sleeping around more (regular drunk one night stands)...

ofcourse its not all womens fault, but ultimately i believe women have more to loose (emotionally) than men in the long term, not to mention the amount of STD's there are around these days....

Edited by lord scrummage

I wasn't aware of voices in my head no ;) i just reached the make it or break it point. but those previous voices were what i thought i wanted and thought were right for me so no, it was only when i became aware of my want to change my life that i became aware that my previous way of life was not the path i wanted.

but i wouldn't be where i am today or who i am today without going through it.

Ultimately i believe women have more to loose (emotionally) than men in the long term, not to mention the amount of STD's there are around these days....

Good point.

Women can greatly reduce the risk of catching STD’s by the correct usage of Condomna..sorry I spelt it wrong.. Condemnation!

We must condemn this type of behavior.

Catch .22, I am alarmed by your comments, redolent as they are of violence, thuggery, and a "lazze fair" attitude to social responsibility.

I was about to take your opinions (note - NOT you, but your OPIONIONS) to task , but then you did..... THIS.....

...it's difficult to Rant when you are desperatly trying to retain bladder control...

PLEASE tell us you know the story behind this Vigniete ? The forum... nay the world... is agog....

Sorry cant recall where I found that piece of art.

As for my opinions, keep in mind that my attitude towards social responsibility may not be what you have issue with, rather my lack of belief in social responsibility lol.

Catch 22, boy you are such a boy nerd!! The only thing you could knockout is a handjob!

OK.... :wacko: was that funny in the 60's?

And really, you dont have to give me you daily schedule of internet activity, im not going to do an El midg & go over your every post with a fine tooth comb!!

Uhhhmmm you do realize you were the one that brought up how long I have been a member and how many posts I've made right? Has age affected your memory?

Also your last couple of posts are getting a little erratic, like an over excited monkey....i guess thats what your avatar is suggesting...

Now, lets get back to the point bad boy!!! your just repeating yourself over and over

Perhaps I keep repeating myself because you keep avoiding my question linked-image

What is your opinion of guys doing the same things that you finds girls doing so disgusting, and do you have any pics you would like to share?

linked-image

While I see your point about drunken blokes..but I think drunken women put themselves at greater risk when drunk.. I can't help but wonder if that was a drunk girl in the pic.. it would a pic of her 'roasted' by a Mop, Chair, a cushion, a stool, a bottle and a laundry basket.

I doubt there is a real solution in a problem like this because all solutions so far bring about more problems.

e.g. Saying an item is forbidden makkes people want it more.

Good point.

Women can greatly reduce the risk of catching STD’s by the correct usage of Condomna..sorry I spelt it wrong.. Condemnation!

We must condemn this type of behavior.

Quite right billy, i believe it all starts in childhood, the media are firing out images at children at an impressionable age, showing that anorexic is the "most beautiful" or "correct" body type, young girls are actively encouraged to be sexual minded, through target marketing of toys like Barbie dolls...I have even seen barbie dolls with transfer tattoo kits..

Pair of hussy dolls

linked-image

While I see your point about drunken blokes..but I think drunken women put themselves at greater risk when drunk.. I can't help but wonder if that was a drunk girl in the pic.. it would a pic of her 'roasted' by a Mop, Chair, a cushion, a stool, a bottle and a laundry basket.

Ya know I thought perhaps that was a girl too, because of the wear on the knees of their jeans lol, but then I saw the feet ewwww! Its gotta be a guy.

I see your point about the higher risks that females are in while intoxicated, which is why I advise them to be in the company of a few good guy friends that will bust people up if need be. Also how absurd is it to say girls shouldnt be getting drunk because of the actions of a few drunk guys? Shouldnt guys be the ones that shouldnt drink if they are the problem?

Do as you please but take the consequences, I say.

Good point- the influence of children's toys.

linked-image

through target marketing of toys like Barbie dolls...I have even seen barbie dolls with transfer tattoo kits..

I was under the impression that this "problem" of girls getting really wasted was a recent phenomenon while Barbie has been around since the 60s or something. So much for that theory... or is it the transfer tattoo that unleashed all hell lol!

Do you see a problem with the war/violence oriented toys marketted to appeal to young boys?

linked-image

I blame GI Joe for the Virginia Tech shooting :wacko:

Catch 22 our little debate was over many posts ago! your getting a little boring & repetitive!

But my opinion on guys behaving in the same way is this, guys can get away with this type of behavior on the basis that, a drunk girl is an easy target for rape & other sexual crimes against them, adding to that women arent emotionally equipt to handle this surge of testostarone which Booze induces, which ultimately leaves them at the mercy of their own conscience, but because of modern beliefs, they justyfy themselve as being empowerd...40 men down the line, they realise the error of their ways & then expect to sucker in some poor fool & make out they are some sort of angel!!

My son was involved with a women like this, as soon as he found out, he ended it, by saying..girl...the damage is done, so i guess ill be, guess ill be leaving.

Edited by lord scrummage

Quite....now run along and stalk someone else.....erm Steve McQueen!!

Ofcourse another trend amogst women these days is having these god awful tattoos on their backs, are they not aware that how unoriginal they are, almost every 19 year onl has one

linked-image

(1) I actually think those are very attractive, assuming the woman has a nice looking back. It sets off the symmetry of the back itself.

(2) As you yourself mentioned, it's a popular fad for young women today. it's not like your 16 grandaughter is having the words "open for business" printed on her back. She's just being stylish-- it's probably a sign of being well adjusted socially.

(3) First off, allow her to get some of those temp tattoos that last a month or so. This will get it through her head that the tattoo is going to be on her back for A LONG TIME. She will begin to think in terms of her total look (how it goes with her clothes and such) and will pick something tasteful. Going nuts and absolutely forbidding her to do it will result in her coming home with a gory skull tattooed on her forehead or something.

Catch 22 our little debate was over many posts ago! iyour getting a little boring & repetitive!

But my opinion on guys behaving in the same way is this, guys can get away with this type of behavior on the basis that, a drunk girl is an easy target for rape & other sexual crimes against them, adding to that women arent emotionally equipt to handle this surge of testostarone which Booze induces, which ultimately leaves them at the mercy of their own conscience, but because of modern beliefs, they justyfy themselve as being empowerd...40 men down the line, they realise the error of their ways & then expect to sucker in some poor fool & make out they are some sort of angel!!

My sone was involved with a women like this, as soon as he found out, he ended it, by saying..girl...the damage is done, so i guess ill be, guess ill be leaving.

Oh I'm sorry I didnt know you got to pick when debates end, so it ended when you made a few last jabs at me then called it quits?

I dont see the reasoning behind finding drunk girls behaviour unacceptable due to the chance that a guy might rape them. You should be railing against the behaviour of drunk guys if thats your concern. Is it scientifically proven that all girls cant handle this supposed surge in testosterone from drinking or is this all purely opinion on your part?

I'd like to hear more from you regarding these "modern beliefs" that girls use to "justify" doing as they please? You know its not too late you can still find countries like Saudi Arabia that will shield you from these assertive women.