Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boozing British Girls (BBC Documentry)

Syd Boggle

WOW!!! Man-o-man -- I mean, how does anyone even DARE to play D & D with this cat! Not to win, that's for sure -- probably just to learn, or to learn the value of humility.

I would like to challenge Thomas K. Monroe Phillips to a D&D D10 Death Match... to the Death!!

I'll also have you know I am a Level 15 Hedonist... with a +5 magical pike of thrusting! Who you tryin get crazy with SA!?! Don't you know I'm loco!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• Bill Hill

• Syd Boggle

• Spurious George

Who you tryin get crazy with SA!?! Don't you know I'm loco!!

all i wanted was a pepsi!

Look, man -- If Thomas K. Monroe Philips WANTED you to know who he was, you can damn well bet you WOULD know who he was.

Otherwise, I would just leave it alone, man -- just leave it alone.

awwwww horsesh1t hes a unicorn....

My condolences to you... but for the record we DO NOT offer a Time Wasted Return Policy in this thread.

I have a feeling that things will start to make more sense as we approach page 30...

Not only is there no Time Wasted Return Policy -- this thread may soon start charging admission merely for the privilege to participate. It would be worth it.

I would like to challenge Thomas K. Monroe Phillips to a D&D D10 Death Match... to the Death!!

I'll also have you know I am a Level 15 Hedonist... with a +5 magical pike of thrusting! Who you tryin get crazy with SA!?! Don't you know I'm loco!!

You sound like the kind of guy who might earn the respect of Thomas K Monroe Philips.

Not only is there no Time Wasted Return Policy -- this thread may soon start charging admission merely for the privilege to participate. It would be worth it.

Yes, but sadly I fear the end of this magical jouney may be ending, for we are all struck with ADD :no:, and the mods dislike such ramblings on.

Edited by MR_MOE

Whoah Catch 22 there are things you just don’t do…I can only assume you’re drunk or something.. It wouldn’t even be a contest.. it wouldn’t even be suicide.

It’ll be like bug hitting the windscreen of locomotive. Monroe Phillips wouldn’t even notice.

Thanks for the link but No, it's not the same Thomas.. although I do like this artist's work. His paintings have a sort of ‘moral righteous’ feel about them.

The artist does look some what familiar.. reminds me of someone.. I can't just quite put a name to him though..

linked-image

Edited by billyhill

Well said, and i agree with much of this. But couldn't it be said that the rise of the female yob on the streets of England is also a result of too much restrictive conservatism? Isn't it natural to rebel against contraint on the human spirit. I think Britian is still rebounding from the ultra-constrictive Victorian Era?

True there are good ways and bad ways to rebel. But the female yob is just as much a product of razor-backed conservatism which gives no one in society room to breath and be an individual-- this gave birth to a liberalism that was too liberal, and spilled over to degenracy.

I think this has been one of the most important threads ever at UM.

The battle between Liberalism and Conservatism. Having just watched the 'Apprentice' I can see how maybe Corporate conservatism has played a part; with its money money money...work until you drop.. nothing else matters attitude.

But the new liberalism has a sinsiter side, where it won't face the truth of what is happening on the streets and will always come up with endless array of excuses.

If the banks don't kill me, a hoodie will.. I ain't going down like that.. and neither is the 'monroe machine'

See back on topic...all is well..

The battle between Liberalism and Conservatism. Having just watched the 'Apprentice' I can see how maybe Corporate conservatism has played a part; with its money money money...work until you drop.. nothing else matters attitude.

But the new liberalism has a sinsiter side, where it won't face the truth of what is happening on the streets and will always come up with endless array of excuses.

If the banks don't kill me, a hoodie will.. I ain't going down like that.. and neither is the 'monroe machine'

See back on topic...all is well..

All is well. We MUST keep this on topic as much as possible. Also, I, for one believe that the moderators are extremely, intelligent, talented, open-minded people who will see, through their grace, kindness and humanity, how important this thread is, not only to UM members, but to society. Not only are the UM moderators wise, but they are beautiful and handsome people -- practically divine beings -- some of them even probably travel with the same circles as Thomas K. Monroe Philips -- but I don't want to lay it on too thick here, or get into trouble with Mr. Philips.

I, for one, want to say to the moderators: I love you!

But anyway --back to the topic: the question I always have about the liberalism, is why did it sprang out of the extremely Conservative 1950s here in the U.S. and the Conservative post war Britian. What was it about the wholesome, Ozzie and Harriet, squeeky clean 1950s that caused the children of those people to become the counterculture -- hippies, etc.

Here in the U.S., Conservatives of today constantly yearn for those times before the 1960s, that pre-60s era when they say everything was so huny-dory, wholesome and great. Yet, if things were so great back then -- why did the counterculture explosion of the 1960s happen?

Were not hippies, Woodstock, free love, and all the rest -- created by the very Conservatives who now despise them?

Edited by IronGhost

the 50s were just a violent a time as ever civil right movement is from the 50's to 60's,and we know how peacful that was,,,youth gangs may not have been carring guns but switch blades and pipes bats and chains were all the rage,,rock and roll started in the 50's and even tho its uber tame now it was some major sh** back then...the counter culture all ready started just because the new invention called tv showed a ozzie and harriet life dosnt mean thats how it really was..people worked hard played hard and men were men,,no crying no getting intouch with your femini side,,kids were seen not heard,,,,.i think the violence from the 50s and early 60s spawned the hippy peace love bs from the mid 60's into the 70s ,plus the addition of more drugs,,,now the 50s and 60s were more hush hush sexualy,,good girls didnt do anything and if you got pregnant they sent you away,,,the real counter culture in the 70s was how open they were with sex...

Edited by asc.rudeboy

Whoah Catch 22 there are things you just don’t do…I can only assume you’re drunk or something.. It wouldn’t even be a contest.. it wouldn’t even be suicide.

It’ll be like bug hitting the windscreen of locomotive. Monroe Phillips wouldn’t even notice.

LOL you got me there Billy, I wasnt thinking right... about five minutes after writing that I was passed out under my desk(still clutching the mouse)... looking back to my Death Match challenge... to the Death! with TKM Phillips well I am not one to back away from a challenge but if TKM Phillips missed it I will just pretend I never said anything (looks over shoulder for TKM *takes a shot of rye* *breathes sigh of relief* goes back to typing), the guy looks like a hardcore gamer you dont want to **** with on a.... Thursday morning.

You know TKM Phillips reminds me of a couple of guys that lived in my city(yes it is actually mine lol), about ten years ago this one guy got his two D&D buddies to bash the heads in and slit the throats of his mother and grandmother in an attempt to pull in $4 million dollars in inheritance money. He offered his two buddies $1000 a month, some property and like a million gold for each D&D character lol. Well they were busted pretty damn quick and sent to jail but.... ya anyways TKM kinda has the same kind of look in his eye that these kids had. A D10 Death Match could get seriously out of hand and seeing as how I'm not entirely sure how to have a Death Match using D10's or even really how to use D10's(I just looked up D&D stuff on the net for that one) I'd probably just end up dropping the dice and nutting him, which would no doubt turn into one ugly fight. So ya... do you have any girls that want to fight or maybe kids? Its just that I'm a little... wobbly today....

PS on page 2 this morning... tsk tsk tsk... :no:

Edited by Catch .22

:yes:

LOL you got me there Billy, I wasnt thinking right... about five minutes after writing that I was passed out under my desk(still clutching the mouse)... looking back to my Death Match challenge... to the Death! with TKM Phillips well I am not one to back away from a challenge but if TKM Phillips missed it I will just pretend I never said anything (looks over shoulder for TKM *takes a shot of rye* *breathes sigh of relief* goes back to typing), the guy looks like a hardcore gamer you dont want to **** with on a.... Thursday morning.

You know TKM Phillips reminds me of a couple of guys that lived in my city(yes it is actually mine lol), about ten years ago this one guy got his two D&D buddies to bash the heads in and slit the throats of his mother and grandmother in an attempt to pull in $4 million dollars in inheritance money. He offered his two buddies $1000 a month, some property and like a million gold for each D&D character lol. Well they were busted pretty damn quick and sent to jail but.... ya anyways TKM kinda has the same kind of look in his eye that these kids had. A D10 Death Match could get seriously out of hand and seeing as how I'm not entirely sure how to have a Death Match using D10's or even really how to use D10's(I just looked up D&D stuff on the net for that one) I'd probably just end up dropping the dice and nutting him, which would no doubt turn into one ugly fight. So ya... do you have any girls that want to fight or maybe kids? Its just that I'm a little... wobbly today....

PS on page 2 this morning... tsk tsk tsk... :no:

A wise choice catch... some of that BC bud is sure to help you relax and would certainly serve useful as a peace offering when Thomas K. Monroe Phillips undoubtably comes to handle business. However, I would suspect he might be too busy to concern himself with such a petty and novice challenge. I know of none who would successfully stand up to this man.

It might benefit to watch how much of that Crown you drink before posting in the future. :tu:

Edited by crtbud420

Actually we’ve learned a lot. We’ve learnt that the social decline thanks to liberism, negative role models and social pressure to conform- has lead us down a blind alley. We’ve been told by the various governments that we can’t do anything about this decline.. But this is wrong. We can do something to stop this downward trend but it means.. taking to the streets.

And thanks to liberalism the streets are dangerous places.

We need the courageous ‘moral light’ emanating from such unsung heroes as such Lord Scrummage, Syd boggle. Arthur Burham, Trevor Matthews and Thomas K Monroe Philips.

These are men of high morality.. they can’t be bought, sold or paid for.. they’re not like ordinary men …these men are the pioneers… who understand their place in..in..in history! They ARE standing on the Shoulders of Giants.

Wow, BillyHill, that was some speech! It certainly brought a tear to Mrs Scrummage's eye, and made me feel...well, emotionally nostalgic..This once Great country has changed so much in the last 60 years, we have seen off the threat of the Nazi's, Cold War, Miners Unions, Liberated Iraq & Afganistan....But, perhaps now we face our biggest threat of all, This country is being infiltrated by the back door, an attack of our hearts & minds, a liberal free for all, where everything needs to be accepted, gold toothed hoddies terrorise communities "its not their fault", Young women drunkenly whoring themselves "Their expressing their sexuality", Popularity of Zoophilia "Its their right to find love in unconventional beings", Gay fetsh "oh its all good, sex makes the world go round"...

all these things, and more plague our decent society...!

I for one am standing up, you are also a unsung hero Billy, So i tell all of you....Syd boggle. Arthur Burham, Trevor Matthews and Thomas K Monroe Philips and BillyHill, I welcome you all in this fight against the maggot element of society....

In my 57 years, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Peckham Rye... I watched sea beams glitte in the dark near the NewCross gate... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain... Time to die."

Edited by lord scrummage

Time to die

NOOO Scrummie dont do it! Your life is worth more than that!! :o

*walks away*

Just kidding buddy, have a good weekend... I'm calling this work week done like dinner :tu: Time to get wasted!!

NOOO Scrummie dont do it! Your life is worth more than that!! :o

*walks away*

Just kidding buddy, have a good weekend... I'm calling this work week done like dinner :tu: Time to get wasted!!

I appreciate your good will Batch22, however, as i learned in the army many years ago, beware the friendly face of a hidden enemy....there will come a time when you will have to throw your sword down & mark your stance.....

My weekend however involves a serious community meeting, with asteemed gentlemen like Syd Boggle & other fellow community leaders, Billyhill & Thomas K Monroe Philips are welcomed...(Mrs Scrummage will be making some of her famous spotted dick, served with fresh Tea)

Our community is in the planning stages of forming a Voluntry, community street vigil group....ive mentioned it before on other UM topics, we are currently looking to recruit disciplined men, who not only exuberate high moral fibre, but are presentable in smart attire, educated to high standards with formidable intellectual capacity......but also equipt with the ability to physically take out 2 hoodies & drunkan winch with devastating street fighting skills...

we already have a small select group ready, we are keeping it local for the moment, but with plans to expand...

but for the moment, i present a new force on the streets of SE London....The Lords Of Dulwich

linked-image

Edited by lord scrummage

Wow, BillyHill, that was some speech! It certainly brought a tear to Mrs Scrummage's eye,

Thank you, I wrote it after drinking three cans of super tennents and then watching the News.

My weekend however involves a serious community meeting, with asteemed gentlemen like Syd Boggle & other fellow community leaders, Billyhill & Thomas K Monroe Philips are welcomed...(Mrs Scrummage will be making some of her famous spotted dick, served with fresh Tea)

I've sent out the invites and recieved the replies-

Arthur Burham, “Yeah sh**.. it’s all good..I’ll go but I ain’t catching no Bus to get there.. you ain’t getting me on no bus ya hear”

Trevor Matthews “ **** **** sh** sh** **** I’d (whistle) **** **** be delighted…**** **** **** **** sh** (whistle twitter).. to come!!”

Sorry Lord, you’ll have to forgive Trevor Matthews, our camera expert, you see he unfortunately suffers from tourette's syndrome. I'm a little worried.. it might be too much for Mrs Scrummage's delicate ears to handle.

The infamous Thomas K Monroe Philips “Yes, I accept.. it’ll INDEED be a great honour, for you all to MEET me!”

A true honour indeed, Lord..a true honour indeed.

Edited by billyhill

Wow Lord, you're to be graced by Thomas K. Monroe Phillips' presence???

Lucky b******....

Wow Lord, you're to be graced by Thomas K. Monroe Phillips' presence???

Lucky b******....

Yes indeed.

LOL you got me there Billy, I wasnt thinking right... about five minutes after writing that I was passed out under my desk(still clutching the mouse)... looking back to my Death Match challenge... to the Death! with TKM Phillips well I am not one to back away from a challenge but if TKM Phillips missed it I will just pretend I never said anything (looks over shoulder for TKM *takes a shot of rye* *breathes sigh of relief* goes back to typing), the guy looks like a

Wise decision Catch 22. Three weeks ago I was in the pub with Monroe Phillips. He was causally explaining to me, how Lord of the Rings was really a metaphor for theoretical quantum mechanics, anyway this local hardman- came up to our table- He was a seriously big guy, mean looking as well.

He shouted “Oi..YOU!… ONLY NERDS PLAY D&D!”

Big mistake

“Oi!.Did you hear ME!?! I SAID ONLY…NEeeeeeeer”

Before the guy could finish..Monroe Philips.. grabbed him with his left hand, smacked his head twice on the table and threw the poor guy’s unconscious body backwards like a rag doll! All in one swift movement!

Monroe Phillips didn’t even get up- the whole time, he was sitting talking to me, with his beer in his right hand. He didn’t even hesitate or take a pause from the conversation!

“So you see Billy.. Aragorn represented the singularity within a Black Hole, and so forth..”

It was amazing to watch..

linked-image

Six foot six and a hundred tons the undisputed king of the slums

Thomas K Monroe Philips

Edited by billyhill

Lord Scrummage, you simply must tell me -- admittedly a crude American -- what "spotted dick" is?? Is this a British delicacy of some sort, and, if so, perhaps I could get your wife's recipe -- so that I can order my own wife to make it for me?

Also, if you actually get to meet TKM Philips, tell me what is is like being in his presence.

Yes indeed.

Wise decision Catch 22. Three weeks ago I was in the pub with Monroe Phillips. He was causally explaining to me, how Lord of the Rings was really a metaphor for theoretical quantum mechanics, anyway this local hardman- came up to our table- He was a seriously big guy, mean looking as well.

He shouted “Oi..YOU!… ONLY NERDS PLAY D&D!”

Big mistake

“Oi!.Did you hear ME!?! I SAID ONLY…NEeeeeeeer”

Before the guy could finish..Monroe Phillips.. grabbed him with his left hand, smacked his head twice on the table and threw the poor guy’s unconscious body backwards like a rag doll! All in one swift movement!

Monroe Phillips didn’t even get up- the whole time, he was sitting talking to me, with his beer in his right hand. He didn’t even hesitate or take a pause from the conversation!

“So you see Billy.. Aragorn represented the singularity within a Black Hole, and so forth..”

It was amazing to watch..

linked-image

Six foot six and a hundred tons the undisputed king of the slums

Thomas K Monroe Phillips

WOW!!! The legend of TKM Philips grows. Please, Billyhill, send my best regards from America to Mr. Philips.

You know, I've always thought that the zero point field predicted by quantum theory was a perfect explantion for the light of Galadrial, and also, the Heisenberg Uncertaintly Principle was beautifully represented by the "Choices of Master Samwise." Furthermore, the light of the Silmarilians is fantastically similar to Hawking Raditation!!

One note for Lord Scrummage: Actually, " a fetish" is the sexual arousal to an inanimate object, or to a specific body part, such as a foot, as in "foot fetish." Scrummage has been using the term to explain homosexual behavior, which tehcnically is not correct. Thus, the next time Scrummage sees two lesbain yobs going at it behind a tree, this is not an example of feitsh behavior, but rather, homosexual behavior.

One note for Lord Scrummage: Actually, " a fetish" is the sexual arousal to an inanimate object, or to a specific body part, such as a foot, as in "foot fetish." Scrummage has been using the term to explain homosexual behavior, which tehcnically is not correct. Thus, the next time Scrummage sees two lesbain yobs going at it behind a tree, this is not an example of feitsh behavior, but rather, homosexual behavior.

No, i think you will find that im correct, Homosexual behaviour is a psychological fetish, I.e. a gay man has a Penis fetish, a gay woman has a Vigina fetsh, A white woman who only dates black men, black fetish, A zoophiliac has an animal fetish, and so on.

The term homosexuality is more commonly used now, to humanise this behaviour, when i was growing up nearly 60 years ago, it was frequently reffered to as gay fetish....ofcourse these days people claim there is an emotional side to gayness, but again, i have read that this could be a psychological reverse acceptance tactic, a way of the mind justifying unusual behaviour.

Its all about perception, I for one, will not be dictated to by a liberally fashionable media, which has some very high powered Gay bosses, constantly trying to rewrite my perceptions on life & the way i see people.