Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women wearing pants and the bible

Ryo Ohki

My partner gary has his old kilt...he wore to a wedding once...his family has scotish roots...although I doubt his kilt would fit you IAMS lol cuz when he wore it, he was just 7 lol

Did you know that real scots men, dont wear any undies under their kilts?? lol :w00t: so when the wind blows high :blink: ummm no comment!! lol

The question has arisen: what is worn under the kilt? I can assure you that nothing is worn under the kilt: everything is in perfect working order.

--DJS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug1029

• Beckys_Mom

• Kalien

• fullywired

Utily-kilts? :unsure:

Yes. util-kilts. They're cheap and not even made properly. And they look it.

In the piping community, the idea is to dress to the hilt - literally - some of us even wear swords.

--DJS

Right the boys an I are finished the housework and of to the pub for a pint, Any objections? <_<

linked-image

Aye, and that's what we Scots do, only we call them Kilts! LOL :P

Properly-made kilts differ considerably from skirts. They have internal belts sewn into them; the pleats are deep - about four inches; there is no hem at the bottom - the selvage is left exposed to give the kilt the proper motion - a hem would interfere with that and they have no pockets. The material is wool twill - the weave is over two-under two. The cheaper ones have four or five yards of material, while the expensive ones (about $350 to $500) have nine yards.

Kilt-making is so exacting that there is only one certified kilt-maker in America, at least that I know of, and more kilts are bought in America than in Scotland.

They are also quite hot to wear - not a problem in Scotland (or Seattle) - but quite serious here in Oklahoma.

--DJS

god could care less about what we wear. otherwise god would have made clothes. ( and didn't )

the origins of clothing are sexless. they were about protection . skins look the same on all.

if this is about transvestism or transsexuals ? gee Jesus loved eunuchs. we call them different names now.

A famous example is the early theologian Origen, who found scriptural justification in the Matthew 19:12. In this passage, Jesus stated: "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (King James Version)

interesting site on Eunuchs -

http://gendertree.com/Eunuch.htm

ps - I think jesus loved a good drag show !!

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Right the boys an I are finished the housework and of to the pub for a pint, Any objections? <_<

linked-image

that's good...hahahaha

randomhit10

Properly-made kilts differ considerably from skirts. They have internal belts sewn into them; the pleats are deep - about four inches; there is no hem at the bottom - the selvage is left exposed to give the kilt the proper motion - a hem would interfere with that and they have no pockets. The material is wool twill - the weave is over two-under two. The cheaper ones have four or five yards of material, while the expensive ones (about $350 to $500) have nine yards.

Kilt-making is so exacting that there is only one certified kilt-maker in America, at least that I know of, and more kilts are bought in America than in Scotland.

They are also quite hot to wear - not a problem in Scotland (or Seattle) - but quite serious here in Oklahoma.

--DJS

I tell ya, up here in Seattle, guys love their kilts, mostly of the Utili type, but there are two guys I work with who both play pipes on their lunch break in the parking garage. They will wear their wool authentic kilts at times but they're both also Utili fans. My favorite is when I stand outside to hear them practicing and one of the two guys is really good and occasionally to humor us plays the bag pipe parts from ACDC songs. It's funny. But he's actually a really good piper, mostly he just plays traditional Scots folk pieces. But the ACDC is always fun to hear.

Who ****ing cares what the bible says? That crappy books best-before-date ran out a long ****ing time ago.

I agree. Women shouldn't wear pants.

Yes women should wear short little mini-skirts, the shorter the better LOL.

I tell ya, up here in Seattle, guys love their kilts, mostly of the Utili type, but there are two guys I work with who both play pipes on their lunch break in the parking garage. They will wear their wool authentic kilts at times but they're both also Utili fans. My favorite is when I stand outside to hear them practicing and one of the two guys is really good and occasionally to humor us plays the bag pipe parts from ACDC songs. It's funny. But he's actually a really good piper, mostly he just plays traditional Scots folk pieces. But the ACDC is always fun to hear.

Point taken. Piping is pretty big up that way. Oklahoma is sort of the black hole of piping. Pipers come here and are never heard again. Only one Grade O piper and three Grade 1s in the whole state. The next closest one is in Wichita. Some members of Oklahoma's very first pipe band (The Highlanders of Oklahoma) are still alive. We have a long way to go.

The kilt would probably have died out altogether if Queen Victoria hadn't taken a fancy to them. Karl Marx took her to task for holding elaborate highland-dress parties and balls while the Scottish people starved. That's where the formal-dress styles came from. That's the tradition most pipers maintain. Also, in piping they're mostly used as part of a uniform and looking good is the whole idea.

There is a style of piping called pipe rock. Seven Nations Band (Denver) plays it a lot. It's pretty good. I've been intending to try it, but other things keep getting in the way.

As for what the Bible says about dress styles: you guys are saying it all; I don't have to.

Anyway, for now, I'll just drone away.

--DJS

Who ****ing cares what the bible says? That crappy books best-before-date ran out a long ****ing time ago.

Oooh such wonderful insight! What an intelligent person you are.

The kilt would probably have died out altogether if Queen Victoria hadn't taken a fancy to them.

--DJS

Your wrong there my friend .The Scotch regiments still wear them ,admittedly more on ceremonial occasions, here is a list of regiments that wear them

Black Watch,

Cameron Highlanders

Seaforth Highlanders

Gordon Highlanders

Highland Light Infantry

Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)

Royal Scots Fusiliers

King's Own Scottish Borderers

Royal Scots

Liverpool Scottish

Your wrong there my friend .The Scotch regiments still wear them ,admittedly more on ceremonial occasions, here is a list of regiments that wear them

Those Scots regiments were formally abolished, or rather, combined into a single regiment (The ones you listed are batallions.) as of last August 1st. You're right that they still use kilts, but had it not been for Queen Victoria promoting their popularity in the 1890s, I think they would have abolished them 80 years ago when the Chief of Clan MacDuff died, leaving no issue. (The chieftainship of MacDuff is now held by the House of Windsor, which has made only limited use of the kilt since then - but what did you expect from a bunch of Saxons!) The last use of kilts on the battlefield was in World War I. Time and technology, at least, war technology, has simply passed it by.

In ceremonial use, though, the kilt is alive and well: I have two piping gigs this weekend.

--DJS

Those Scots regiments were formally abolished, or rather, combined into a single regiment (The ones you listed are batallions.) as of last August 1st. You're right that they still use kilts, but had it not been for Queen Victoria promoting their popularity in the 1890s, I think they would have abolished them 80 years ago when the Chief of Clan MacDuff died, leaving no issue. (The chieftainship of MacDuff is now held by the House of Windsor, which has made only limited use of the kilt since then - but what did you expect from a bunch of Saxons!) The last use of kilts on the battlefield was in World War I. Time and technology, at least, war technology, has simply passed it by.

In ceremonial use, though, the kilt is alive and well: I have two piping gigs this weekend.

--DJS

I stand corrected :blush:

fullywired

I heard fundies say women shoudnt wear pants because the bible says that but I thought everyone wore robes back then. Did they make it up?

Why do you care what fundies say ? Why should anyone care what fundies say ?

Treat them like the little people they are, and ignore them. If they want to be retarded thats their own deal.

• 1 year later...
bible says (kjv) deut 22:5.. the woman shall not wear that which PRETANETH unto a MAN, neither shall a man put on a womans garment for all that do so are abomination unto the lorf thy god..

1 tim 2:9...in like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety not with broded hair or gold or pearls or costly array..

there should be a difference between man and woman clothing according to scripture...

If there is to be a difference in men's and women's clothing then God would've instructed Moses to use a different word to describe the clothing HE made for Adam and Eve when HE made them leave the garden of Eden. Instead He used the word kethoneth...which means "a long skirt-like garment".

In Deut 22 it states that a woman will not wear that which pertaineth to a man and a man will not put on the garments of a woman. The word "geber" is used for "man" but it implies that is a man who is strong or a warrior. the word "pertaineth" is "keliy" which means tool implement or weapon. SO, a woman will not put on/use a weapon nor will a man dress as a woman. In those days the Israelites were at odds with the Canaanites..whose men dressed as women if they were praying to Asatarte..a female godess, or if they were male prostitutes. Women would dress as a man if they were praying as well..to gain favor. The Israelites were to be separate from these people. Today this does not apply even in our lives because of Ephesians...the law of commandments in ordinances has been abolished. Deut 22 is smack in the middle of the ordinances that separated Israel from the gentiles. OK?

FREEDOM OF CHOICE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL TO WEAR WHAT THEY WANT

(assuming it is legal.)