Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair will stand down on 27 June

Commander CMG

Tony Blair has announced he will stand down as prime minister on 27 June.

He made the announcement in a speech to party activists in his Sedgefield constituency, after earlier briefing the Cabinet on his plans.

He acknowledged his government had not always lived up to high expectations but said he had been "very blessed" to lead "the greatest nation on earth".

He will stay on in Downing Street until the Labour Party elects a new leader - widely expected to be Gordon Brown.

In an emotional speech, Mr Blair said he had been prime minister for 10 years which was "long enough" for the country and himself.

He thanked the British people for their support and apologised for when "I have fallen short".

Full Story and Source

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• Commander CMG

• Rahl

• ships-cat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, Tony Blaire ... I ask you: "Why? Why? Why?" Why did you become George Bush's "poodle?"

Ah, Tony Blaire ... I ask you: "Why? Why? Why?" Why did you become George Bush's "poodle?"

Funny how everyone loved it when he was Clinton's "sidekick"

Another Filthy scumbag War Criminal gone. :tu:

Yes.. he speaks highly about of also.

yeah his immigration policies were pretty dire.. but calling him a war criminal is a bit too far.

What did Blair know about the London Bombing and when did he know it!?!?!?!!

He was a good leader, there's no need to insult someone who has one of the hardest jobs on the planet. If anything we should be looking at the things that he did well since all leaders do make the occaisonal blunder.

Well he had a good run.

Edited by MoonPrincess

lets see how his 33rd masons sort him out a wicked job that does little but pays a handsom salary

post-39721-1178829042_thumb.jpg

Edited by chemical-licker

lets see how his 33rd masons sort him out a wicked job that does little but pays a handsom salary

Hmm, A punctuation lacking, and gibberishly made comment, yet quite pertinent! lol

Hmm, A punctuation lacking, and gibberishly made comment, yet quite pertinent! lol

Like Yoda speaking, Are we tonight Lord Scrummage ? :P

(incorrect capitalisation after first comma, and surely it should be "punctuation-lacking" and "gibberishly-made" - which in turn should have been followed by an additional comma ? Arguably the first comma could have been a semicolon, or even a full stop .. which would, of course, make the capitalisation of the following "A" correct ) :P

(Cat's love to get their 'Clawses' right :D )

Anyway - back to Blair. Comments implying a consipiracy in regard to the London Bomb Attacks are as jéjúne as they are offensive. He did some good things in the early days, but sadly I fear his suicidal policies vis-a-vi the EU and immigration are likely to form his legacy. I doubt the Iraq war exactly helped, but in that regard he was somewhat the victim of circumstances.

According to the rumour mill, he intends to canvas businesses etc for money in order to set up a new charity helping underprivlidged wheely-bins to play the Xylophone, or something equally improbable.

Meow Purr.

A fickle obfuscatious tweating little popinjay, a shameful lickspittle cronie and war criminal.

runs for the dictionary thats leveling up the coffee table

what i lack in punctuation you lack in etiquette!

A fickle obfuscatious tweating little popinjay, a shameful lickspittle cronie and war criminal.

Ninnyhammer :yes: Another fancy word

I find this very sad.

I think Tony Blair was an intelligent. compassionate guy who loved the UK. I can't understand why he allied himself so strongly with a nit-whit like G.W. Bush. Blair was a humanitarian. Bush is a narcissistic, not-so-bright a****** who can't admit that he made a horrific mistake that has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths. Bush would rather see thousands more American troops (probably the best people in our population.... at any rate, way better than I'll ever be) die than admit that he made a mistake.

I think it's great that citizens of the UK have forced Blair to step down. It was necessary. But how could a decent guy like Blair get so fundamentally entangled in Bush's ego mess?

Edited by BlueZone

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1770&ct=5

40 million pounds he does have friends in high places :devil:

hee hee.. and from the same article...

The ex-premier will create a charitable foundation to forge "greater understanding" between faiths and help bring Israelis and Palestinians together.

Nothing too ambitious then ? :P Glad to see he's putting his feet up and taking it easy :P

Meow Purr.