Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

There are apparently Egyptian Heiroglyphs in the Brisbane Water National Park near Woy Woy on the NSW Central Coast...

There are apparently Egyptian Heiroglyphs in the Brisbane Water National Park near Woy Woy on the NSW Central Coast...

Tcoh

theres always one isn't there

:lol:

crystal links is not a good source

what Elkins actually said was that the Aborigines of the Torres straight worshipped an Earth Mother and he claimed this was identical of egyptians of a certain period

in fact the AE never worshipped a great earth mother

but as that was back in the 30s when egyptology was a young science he can be forgiven for getting it wrong

you however can't

he wrote about this in a ten volume work which he never published which just shows you how unsure he was about it himself

What about the ancient masonic hand signals or the words spoken of egyptian origin or the boomerangs in King Tuts tomb or Australian marsupial fossils found in Egypt. You somehow forgot to mention these things. Why is crystal links a bad source - because it goes against everything you believe in? I cross check against this source anyway and Ive been to those heiroglyphics about 20 times over the last ten years.

The earth goddess cult maybe the oldest in the world with the pregnant women idle found at every corner of the globe suggesting she was worshiped by the whole world poulace at the time. Isis, Diana, Mary are just a few goddesses that were adapted from the earthmother cult. And you amazaingly know for a fact that the Egyptians never worshiped her. How?? You truly are amazing. Are you in politics by any chance? You should be US president with all these so called facts you know about.

As for Elkin not publishing his works, thats understandable. He would have been shunned as an anthropologist for bringing to light the possibility of someone else discovering Australia before the English.

At least some people think outside the circle instead of being a good little doggy agreeing with everything their master tells them so they'll get a bone. :D

Theres no evidence that it wasnt true. Didnt Caesar claim that he did it? Did he (or his scribe?) not write something along the lines of sending the fire ships into the harbour to break away from the Egyptian fleet that was about to attack them also claiming that he accidentally set the great city on fire.

Caesar, being a politician, didn't admit being responsible for the destruction of the library.

I have to admit Harte, you are passionate about your points not like some people that just try to rip into anything written for the sake of it.

Thank you Carlinspace, I really appreciate that.

I hold a deep resentment for the pseudoscientists that pulled the wool over my eyes when I was younger. It's just the truth that I want to make available online where I can. There are so many websites filled with these ridiculous lies that me putting up one webpage wouldn't make a difference. But, if I keep replying in threads at forums like this one (and others) and keep putting the known facts in, with linked information backing up the statements I make, then the way I see it I am striking a blow for the truth, not to mention (and more importantly - to me,) standing up for the scientific method. So, I guess you could say I have an agenda. But at least it's not an agenda of self-aggrandizement or one for profit.

Also I may have exaggerated on the amount of documents that were destroyed in the Alexandrian fire (by half a million or more heheh) but the main point I was trying to make is that we cant come to any solid conclusions about Ancient Egyptian voyages because alot of her documents were hidden or destroyed due to invasion or change of heirachy.

True or not?

The vast, vast majority of documents destroyed at Alexandria were Greek and Persian treatises on this or that. It's extremely unlikely that any ancient Egyptian documents were ever stored there. But there is no question that there was a lot of knowledge stored in the Library. I'd hardly call it ancient though. I mean, it wasn't established until 300 BC, or whatever.

It's true that much of Ancient Egyptian documentation has been lost. But I wouldn't blame Caesar, or even the Greeks, for that. The Egyptians regularly destroyed their own records to make the new Pharoah look better than the previous Pharoah. And then, of course, there's erosion and general entropy to consider. But we can come to some conclusions concerning their capabilities, based on educated guesswork, if necessary, and based on real factual evidence as well.

Weareallsuckers' belief that perhaps the Egyptians came overland to Australia (or almost to Australia then sailed the rest of the way) is guesswork that is uneducated. It's pure speculation - which is fine, I guess, as long as you state that it is pure speculation. For the Egyptians to have made such a trip, they would have had to pass through several territories of peoples that hated the Egyptians, in fact were attacking Egypt incessantly at one time or the other. Also, the amount of time taken for such a trip, and the logistics involved, would by neccessity result in artifactual evidence being left on the trail. Until some is found, the entire idea is just flighty - and that's putting it nicely.

What about the ancient masonic hand signals or the words spoken of egyptian origin or the boomerangs in King Tuts tomb or Australian marsupial fossils found in Egypt. You somehow forgot to mention these things.

The boomerangs i have yet to find any legitimate source on. There were no Australian marsupial fossils found anywhere in Africa at any time. There is information right here in this thread that attests to this fact.

Concerning the Masons, that group started in Medieval times as a guild, and only claimed to have connections to ancient stoneworkers - primarily those that built David's Temple, though they did glom on to the pyramids as well, eventually.

There were no Masons (capital "M") in ancient Egypt. Just lower case "m" masons.

If you want to keep making the boomerang claim, I wish you'd provide a good source, you know, with pictures, and where these weapons can be viewed today, etc.

Why is crystal links a bad source - because it goes against everything you believe in? I cross check against this source anyway and Ive been to those heiroglyphics about 20 times over the last ten years.

If you do some more cross checking, I'm confident you will come to the same conclusion I have reached on this.

The earth goddess cult maybe the oldest in the world with the pregnant women idle found at every corner of the globe suggesting she was worshiped by the whole world poulace at the time. Isis, Diana, Mary are just a few goddesses that were adapted from the earthmother cult. And you amazaingly know for a fact that the Egyptians never worshiped her. How?? You truly are amazing. Are you in politics by any chance? You should be US president with all these so called facts you know about.

LOL. Turns out you don't really have to be all that smart to be U.S. President anyway! It seems that the main qualification is belief in Big JuJu and his Supernatural Powers of Creation!

As for Elkin not publishing his works, thats understandable. He would have been shunned as an anthropologist for bringing to light the possibility of someone else discovering Australia before the English.

At least some people think outside the circle instead of being a good little doggy agreeing with everything their master tells them so they'll get a bone. :D

Believe me Carlinspace, both Apollyon and myself (yes, I know him from elsewhere) have been full circle in these sorts of fantasies. We are not young men - we both believed at one time or the other. This is why I expressed full confidence that you will eventually come to the same conclusion as we have.

Harte

What about boomerangs in King Tuts tomb. :D

A boomerang is a simple wooden implement used for various purposes. It is primarily associated with Australian Aborigines, but other forms are found amongst peoples of North East Africa, Arizona and southern California Native Americans and in India. The oldest boomerang found so far was discovered in a cave in the carpathian mountains in Poland and is believed to be about 20,000 years old.

Boomerangs weren’t exclusively Australian... :tu:

Pax,

Obviously, the peoples of North East Africa, Arizona and southern California Native Americans, people from ancient India and ancient Poland all visited Australia at some time in the distant past!

Harte

Pax,

Obviously, the peoples of North East Africa, Arizona and southern California Native Americans, people from ancient India and ancient Poland all visited Australia at some time in the distant past!

Harte

LOL, thanks for the’ obvious’ answer... I just assumed they were a parallel development, silly me... :D

Tcoh

theres always one isn't there

:lol:

Hey, why shoot the messenger..??

At no stage did I say I believed it or saw them....

I just know that others have claimed to see them, others have written about them and others believe it.

It's not for me - unlike you - to diss the claims without being sure myself..

I have an open mind about these things. That's why I'm here. What's your excuse.....??

Hey, why shoot the messenger..??

At no stage did I say I believed it or saw them....

I just know that others have claimed to see them, others have written about them and others believe it.

It's not for me - unlike you - to diss the claims without being sure myself..

I have an open mind about these things. That's why I'm here. What's your excuse.....??

I'm here working on my sense of humour

;)

Caesar, being a politician, didn't admit being responsible for the destruction of the Library.

It's true that much of Ancient Egyptian documentation has been lost. But I wouldn't blame Caesar, or even the Greeks, for that. The Egyptians regularly destroyed their own records to make the new Pharoah look better than the previous Pharoah. And then, of course, there's erosion and general entropy to consider. But we can come to some conclusions concerning their capabilities, based on educated guesswork, if necessary, and based on real factual evidence as well.

Weareallsuckers' belief that perhaps the Egyptians came overland to Australia (or almost to Australia then sailed the rest of the way) is guesswork that is uneducated. It's pure speculation - which is fine, I guess, as long as you state that it is pure speculation. For the Egyptians to have made such a trip, they would have had to pass through several territories of peoples that hated the Egyptians, in fact were attacking Egypt incessantly at one time or the other. Also, the amount of time taken for such a trip, and the logistics involved, would by neccessity result in artifactual evidence being left on the trail. Until some is found, the entire idea is just flighty - and that's putting it nicely.

The boomerangs i have yet to find any legitimate source on. There were no Australian marsupial fossils found anywhere in Africa at any time. There is information right here in this thread that attests to this fact.

Harte

Of all the people who could have been responsible for the burning of the Great Library I think it may have been the Omar (the prophet to Muhammad) during his conquests.

I love how you put the emphasis on uneducated Harte as if to really drive home how reallyuneducated my idea was. You may have an agenda to educate but no need to make me out to be uneducated once again. Your view is valid but it is possible that it was not many people who did this journey, I never said anywhere I believed it to be a whole Egyptian contingent that did this journey. Don't forget how many Jews fled Egypt and dispersed worldwide, are you really trying to tell me every one was waysided by enemies or because no evidence has been found of a few peoples journey at anytime within a period of over 3000 years it is not possible. You should know by now much I state is pure speculation but could possibly have happened, you are relying on known facts too much and what is known and found, I am saying that not everything is known or found so my ideas can stand up to scrutiny. The possibilty is out there.

I am the opposite of your agenda, I always believed what was told to me and didn't really have any of my own theories once but realised that basically 'we are all suckers' or just for you, 'I was a sucker' since I will speak for myself, in what we have been spoonfed into believing so my own agenda is to put other concepts out there and nothing I have said anywhere can actually be proven to have not happened, you can believe your facts but I see room for other scenarios.

WAAS,

Sorry that it bothered you that I called a spade a spade. It's doubly unfortunate in that I am not here merely for conversation, but for the purpose I have mentioned several times here, and repeated in my response to Carlinspace.

Toward that end, I am compelled to comment here on some of your statements. Don't take it personally, please.

Of all the people who could have been responsible for the burning of the Great Library I think it may have been the Omar (the prophet to Muhammad) during his conquests.

Currently, this appears to be Christian propaganda.

I love how you put the emphasis on uneducated Harte as if to really drive home how reallyuneducated my idea was. You may have an agenda to educate but no need to make me out to be uneducated once again. Your view is valid but it is possible that it was not many people who did this journey, I never said anywhere I believed it to be a whole Egyptian contingent that did this journey.

I'm not implying that you yourself are uneducated. I have no knowledge of your personal educational status. When characterizing guesswork, I selected two categories, educated and uneducated. Your guesswork concerning the subject of this thread is the latter. It is what it is. That says nothing about you personally.

Don't forget how many Jews fled Egypt and dispersed worldwide, are you really trying to tell me every one was waysided by enemies or because no evidence has been found of a few peoples journey at anytime within a period of over 3000 years it is not possible.

You admonish me to not forget how many Jews fled Egypt. You are apparently not aware that there is no evidence whatsoever of the "Jews...fleeing Egypt..." other than the Old Testament. And in the Old Testament, the same story makes a claim about the Jews building a particular city for Pharoah. That city, it has since been discovered, did not exist until centuries after the timeframe for the Exodus. So, why should I believe the Jews ever fled Egypt?

The Egyptians created humongous fanfare for every even slightly noteable thing they ever did. The overland (or the maritime) expedition to Australia you postulate could not have happened without great fanfare, whether they returned or not. Now I'll admit that if it had happened, and the contigent had returned, there would have been even more fanfare and boasting. But even with no return there would have been enough hype at the departure of the expedition to leave a record in Egyptian history. Perhaps we have not found this record. Okay, maybe so. But what's the use of speculating about this? Why not examine, with an objective eye, the so-called "evidence" in Australia? If you do this, you see that it really isn't evidence of anything. In fact, closely examining the "evidence" put forward by the (non-scholarly) advocates of this idea will immediately expose the absolute fact that there is actually at least one baldfaced lie always included in the list of "evidence" - that bunch of hooey about "Australian marsupial fossils..." Why dismiss a lie as a "mistake?" Why not try to see what some other people think about it, people that haven't been shown to be lying (yet)?

You should know by now much I state is pure speculation but could possibly have happened, you are relying on known facts too much and what is known and found, I am saying that not everything is known or found so my ideas can stand up to scrutiny. The possibilty is out there.

There are an infinite number of possibilities "out there." It is a waste of time to discuss the vast majority of them though. The possibility exists that Moses was a pink rabbit. This subject could be discussed to death. Once finished with it, we could then go on to the next possibility - maybe he wasn't pink, maybe he was brown. The possibility also exists that the moon winked at me last night. We could discuss this endlessly (almost.) Eventually the thread would peter out and we could begin the next discussion, that maybe it wasn't winking at me per se, maybe it was winking at my wife. After this, in another discussion, we could postulate that it wasn't winking at all, that it probably got some moon dust in it's eye. I could go on, but I don't want to waste time and electronic storage on it.

I am the opposite of your agenda, I always believed what was told to me and didn't really have any of my own theories once but realised that basically 'we are all suckers' or just for you, 'I was a sucker' since I will speak for myself, in what we have been spoonfed into believing so my own agenda is to put other concepts out there and nothing I have said anywhere can actually be proven to have not happened, you can believe your facts but I see room for other scenarios.

I agree that there is plenty of room for other scenarios. But I have not been "spoonfed" anything. I never took any courses in Ancient History. I already said I started out as a believer. My own investigations into various explanations for artifactual evidence has led me toward these mainstream ideas. In the majority of cases, it is just ridiculously easy to show that the "alternative historians" are omitting (or even fabricating) facts - purposefully or otherwise - when they make their claims. My personal discovery of this truth is what led me to my current mindset, not some "spoonfeeding" of orthodox archaeology.

Harte

that idea was made up by the catholics after they burnt it

You are infering that the Egyptians where the ones who were the ones in Australia, maybe it was the opposite. Maybe the Egyptians and Aboriganies are the by products of some older world wide civilization.

Possibly Phoenicians sold British tin and Australian metals to Egypt.

Freshwater Point Area, Sarina, QLD ProfileThe civilisation is regarded generally as Phoenician by researchers. ... About 200ha, 12km east of Sarina, comprising that part of Freshwater Point to the ...

www.aussieheritage.com.au/listings/qld/Sarina/FreshwaterPointArea/612 - 19k -

Possibly Phoenicians sold British tin and Australian metals to Egypt.

Freshwater Point Area, Sarina, QLD ProfileThe civilisation is regarded generally as Phoenician by researchers. ... About 200ha, 12km east of Sarina, comprising that part of Freshwater Point to the ...

www.aussieheritage.com.au/listings/qld/Sarina/FreshwaterPointArea/612 - 19k -

chimeraddraig,

First of all, you have no idea how much I appreciate your inclusion of that link. It seems that around here many times posters just post something they "heard" or "read somewhere," so thank you very much.

That being said, the site you linked provides access to what appears to be a petition to have the Freshwater Point Area placed on what in the U.S. is usually referred to as the National Historic Register. This site you mention has yet to be determined to be worthy of this status:

from your link-

Photographs: None

List: Register of the National Estate

Class: Natural

Legal Status: Indicative Place

Place ID: 102547

Place File No: 4/04/235/0004

Explanation of "Indicative Place" -

Register of the National Estate

Indicative

Data provided to or obtained by the Australian Heritage Council or the former Australian Heritage Commission has been entered into the database and the place is at some stage in the assessment process. A decision on whether the place should be entered in the Register has not been made.

Source: http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/ahd...status.html#rne

The fact that a particular site has been nominated for some historic register is in no way indicative that it is an actual historic place.

More from your link:

Large deposits of slag found on the beaches indicate that mining and smelting has occurred over a long period of time, perhaps decades or even a century. The lime cement and slag cementing of rock pylons found here today indicate Pheonician engineering similar to other sites found around the world, particularly Carthage. Artefacts found at the site have been identified as Pheonician manufacture and origin and of great antiquity.

These three statements are total crap. There is nothing on the beach there that is indicative of centuries of mining, the "rock pylons" mentioned have, so far, been identified as naturally occuring, and there has been no artifact found there that was ever "identified as Pheonician manufacture and origin and of great antiquity" by anyone that can show that they know something about objects of "Phoenician manufacture." Also, repeatedly mispelling "Phoenecian" lends little credence.

Your link doesn't say who the petitioner (called "nominator" at the link) is, but if I had to guess, I would say it is Val Osborne. He's the one that made this claim in 2000 and several news agencies ran with it. Most people never see the subsequent news story about it:

Experts skeptical on Phoenician claim

Friday, 21 July 2000

Australian history experts have questioned claims that a 3000 year old Phoenician mine and harbour has been found in Queensland.

Local resident Val Osborn claimed to have found huge sea walls, at Freshwater Point, south of Mackay, four years ago. Mr Osborn claims they date from 1000BC, more than 2,700 before Captain Cook sailed to Australia.

But maritime history expert Dr Steve Mullins from the Central Queensland University said he was suspicious that the find had been kept secret for four years.

"As far as we know, no scientist has seen this site or heard about it. It's so bizzare you wonder if it's a hoax."

"There is evidence that the Phoenicians circumnavigated Africa, but the trading was so intense in the Indian Ocean, why would they go anywhere else?

"Even if they crossed the Cape of Good Hope and got blown south, there would have been thousands of people needed to build such a structure - where did they live?," Dr Mullins said.

"My guess is that it is a natural phenomenon that looks man made, like the Giant's Causeway."

Dr Mullins said theories and mythologies about Phoenician wanderings have existed since the 19th century.

Australian National University archaeologist Peter Hiscock said the claims were extremely implausible and run counter to all other verified archaeological evidence in Australia.

"Rather like claims for cold fusion, it is easy to grab headlines with claims of hills that are pyramids or of rock cliffs that are port facilities, but saying so doesn't make it real.

"Professional archaeologists are going to need to look at the objects and ask questions like 'are they natural or made by humans', and if they are made by humans then 'are these ancient or historic structures, and by whom were they built'? Making grand claims before scientific studies are done is simply not sensible," he said.

Abbie Thomas - ABC Science Online

Of course, this doesn't mean that it's not true. What it does mean is that people like Val Osborne are causing problems by their ridiculous overstatements like the three statements I gave you above. Here's a sample of what Osborne has been saying:

Egyptian, Hebrew, Phoenician and Ogham scripts are documented from sites all over Australia along with constructions, harbors and roads. At present the refusal to rewrite history has political overtones.

Nothing of this sort has ever been "documented" anywhere in Australia, much less "all over" that continent.

Australia was called Ophir or Big Java or the Aurea Chersenosis in old maps and was well documented Black opal from Lightening Ridge... (was) found in Nile jewelry.

Flat-out falsehood. There is no "old map" predating the European colonization of Australia that even shows the continent, much less identifies it as Ophir.

If opal from Australia is present in "Nile Jewelry," it's not present in Ancient Egyptian jewelry. Maybe in jewelry made in the area in modern times (IOW, I note that Osborne does not claim that this jewelry comes from Ancient Egypt.)

Over I millions tonnes of ore has been removed and processed with placer deposits carefully cleaned out.

I would love to see exactly how Osborne can calculate how much ore is no longer in his "mine."

The above samples of Osborne's hyperbole come from:

http://www.awarenessquest.com/osborn.htm

Odd that his photos no longer appear there, or maybe it's just my computer?

Lastly, the link you provided actually says all you need to know about this site, under the heading "History" -

History: Not Available

All the claptrap about the "history" of the site is placed under the heading of "Description" on the petition, perhaps one of those rare times when the unspoken truth shines through all the gibberish.

Harte

Hi Harte - sorry for the late reply - my area (Central Coast NSW) was a natural disaster zone over the past week due to flooding.

Caesar, being a politician, didn't admit being responsible for the destruction of the library.

The destruction of the library could have been destroyed by kermit the frog - the point I was trying to make was that we dont have all AE information to tell us of their voyages, and the educated factual evidence we do have, is riddled with propaganda.

The vast, vast majority of documents destroyed at Alexandria were Greek and Persian treatises on this or that. It's extremely unlikely that any ancient Egyptian documents were ever stored there. But there is no question that there was a lot of knowledge stored in the Library. I'd hardly call it ancient though. I mean, it wasn't established until 300 BC, or whatever..

The Early Dynastic period - The New Kingdom (3000BC - 1085BC) would have still been ancient in 300BC. Any documents the greek rulers had from these periods would have been treasured information and more than likely kept in this library.

Yes I agree. I like how you say educated guesswork.

Weareallsuckers' belief that perhaps the Egyptians came overland to Australia (or almost to Australia then sailed the rest of the way) is guesswork that is uneducated. It's pure speculation - which is fine, I guess, as long as you state that it is pure speculation. For the Egyptians to have made such a trip, they would have had to pass through several territories of peoples that hated the Egyptians, in fact were attacking Egypt incessantly at one time or the other. Also, the amount of time taken for such a trip, and the logistics involved, would by neccessity result in artifactual evidence being left on the trail. Until some is found, the entire idea is just flighty - and that's putting it nicely..

Wereallsuckers idea of the eqyptians coming overland to Australia isn't uneducated guesswork. In Australia we are educated to believe the speculation that aboriginals walked from Asia to Australia in the last ice age (10000 years ago). We cant say for sure who was living in Egypt at that time let alone who their enemies were. Artifacts from this era are extremely hard to come across as metal wasn't discovered until 6000BC. So WAAS theory isnt so bad....I wouldn't totally dismiss it Harte.

The boomerangs i have yet to find any legitimate source on.

If you want to keep making the boomerang claim, I wish you'd provide a good source, you know, with pictures, and where these weapons can be viewed today, etc.

Heres a couple of pics and links.

post-55706-1181923791_thumb.jpg

post-55706-1181923944_thumb.jpg

post-55706-1181923969_thumb.jpg

post-55706-1181924081_thumb.jpg

post-55706-1181924128_thumb.jpg

post-55706-1181924194_thumb.jpg

http://touregypt.net/museum/boomerangpage.htm

http://www.eternalegypt.org/EternalEgyptWe...p;language_id=1

http://www.smithsonianmagazine.com/issues/...gtut.php?page=2

http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,174525/113/record.html

The boomerangs from King tuts tomb are on display in Boulak Museum at Cairo. These boomerangs are the same type used by Australian aboriginals (returning boomerangs) as opposed to the clava (throwing club) or cateia (cuved missile weapon used by the celts) that were found in Europe and are not aerodynamically designed to return to the thrower.

Also please look at this. Its an aboriginal Tjuringa stone found in Western Australia.

post-55706-1181926773_thumb.jpg

Here is the egyptian aten. The sun rays look very similar with little hands coming out of it.

post-55706-1181926841_thumb.jpg

Concerning the Masons, that group started in Medieval times as a guild, and only claimed to have connections to ancient stoneworkers - primarily those that built David's Temple, though they did glom on to the pyramids as well, eventually

There were no Masons (capital "M") in ancient Egypt. Just lower case "m" masons..

It is speculated that the freemasons were a secret organisation formed by King Solomon to keep order and later adapted the name of masons to appease the public mind.

Believe me Carlinspace, both Apollyon and myself (yes, I know him from elsewhere) have been full circle in these sorts of fantasies. We are not young men - we both believed at one time or the other. This is why I expressed full confidence that you will eventually come to the same conclusion as we have.

There is still only speculation as to where the Egyptians travelled or didnt travel. Until solid evidence arises to prove this educated guesswork, I wont be quick to form any conclusions.

The Early Dynastic period - The New Kingdom (3000BC - 1085BC) would have still been ancient in 300BC. Any documents the greek rulers had from these periods would have been treasured information and more than likely kept in this library.

This is just not true.

When the Ptolemaic kings ruled, they tried hard to keep Egypt Egyptian. This is because of the idea they had that Egypt was a truly old civilization.

They would not have raided what amounts to Egyptian holy sites and taken the scrolls there to some newbie Greek library.

Besides, most of the big events in Ancient Egypt are documented in reliefs on various walls, and not on papyrus. If we had to rely on papyrus, we'd know next to nothing about Ancient Egypt.

Wereallsuckers idea of the eqyptians coming overland to Australia isn't uneducated guesswork. In Australia we are educated to believe the speculation that aboriginals walked from Asia to Australia in the last ice age (10000 years ago). We cant say for sure who was living in Egypt at that time let alone who their enemies were.

You'd be surprised how much is known about North Africa of 10,000 BC. The Egyptians weren't there then.

BTW, The Aborigines arrived in Australia at least 40,000 years ago.

Artifacts from this era are extremely hard to come across as metal wasn't discovered until 6000BC. So WAAS theory isnt so bad....I wouldn't totally dismiss it Harte.

I don't dismiss it. I say it's not worth discussing. It's pure speculation - like the moon winking at me.

Metal wasn't discovered until 6,000 BC? Stone lasts even longer than metal. Pottery was invented around 15,000 BC.

Heres a couple of pics and links.

Thanks for that.

The boomerangs from King tuts tomb are on display in Boulak Museum at Cairo. These boomerangs are the same type used by Australian aboriginals (returning boomerangs) as opposed to the clava (throwing club) or cateia (cuved missile weapon used by the celts) that were found in Europe and are not aerodynamically designed to return to the thrower.

These are not "the same type," as anyone with an eye can see.

The use of the throwing wood is verified by rock paintings dating from the Neolithic Age. The throwing wood was mainly a long-range hunting weapon to hunt hares, birds and other small animals. Its character as a battle weapon was lost as soon as the culture reached a higher stage of development. The throwing wood developed separately in different places of the planet.

There are returning boomerangs and a non-returning boomerangs. Non- returning boomerangs were used for hunting. Hunting boomerangs, called Kylies, are about three feet long and have a chord width of three to four inches across, being about one half inch thick and similar in shape to a banana. When thrown they fly straight and do not return to the thrower. A throw stick can fly great distances. One hundred to one hundred fifty yard flights are not uncommon. Throwsticks have been found in many countries such as Egypt, Africa, Poland, Holland, United States and of course Australia, just to name a few.

How it was discovered? The best thinking is that prior to throwing sticks people used clubs to settle their differences. They’d use them like a battle-axe and even throw them at their opponent when they ran away. Perhaps it was discovered that a curved club flew further when thrown than a straight one did. They then realized that a thin club flew further than a thick one. At this point the basic concept of a throwing stick was established and used. In Australia it became engrained into the culture and was handed down from generation to generation.

The oldest known kylie found carbon dated back 20,000 years old and was made from Mammoth tusk! By the way it was found in Poland. Hopi Indians in the Southwest United States used kylies, though they called them rabbit sticks. No matter what you call them the Kylie, throwstick or Rabbit stick was a well-suited weapon for hunting in open country.

It is common belief returning boomerangs originated in Australia. Primarily from the abundance of boomerangs found there and the lack of returning boomerangs anywhere else in the world. Oh sure there are a few examples found in other regions that many return, but that is still questionable.

We really don’t know for fact how was the returning boomerang developed. One day an Aboriginal person was shaping a smaller, lighter slightly more bend throwstick than he normally used. When he tested his small throwstick he was very surprised to observe that it didn’t fly straight at all but rather it started turning back to him. Created by chance or skill? No one really knows. What we do know is they made it and passed the technique down through generations of time and we have it today, thankfully.

Source:http://www.newsfinder.org/site/more/boomerang/

Also please look at this. Its an aboriginal Tjuringa stone found in Western Australia.

Here is the egyptian aten. The sun rays look very similar with little hands coming out of it.

Yeah, this appeared earlier in this thread (I believe it was this thread.)

It is speculated that the freemasons were a secret organisation formed by King Solomon to keep order and later adapted the name of masons to appease the public mind.

Solomon, if he existed, came some short time after 1,000 BC. At that time, the pyramids were so old the Egyptians had already forgotten how they were built.

Yet there are supposed to be Masonic symbols all over Australia, with Aborigines giving each other the "secret handshake" or whatever because of Egyptian masonic influence in Australia? Ha!

There is still only speculation as to where the Egyptians travelled or didnt travel. Until solid evidence arises to prove this educated guesswork, I wont be quick to form any conclusions.

You are welcome to characterize what amounts to pure speculation in any way you wish. As am I. Since this is true, I believe I'll characterize this Egyptians in Australia hypothesis as pure nonsense. Of the "uneducated" sort.

Harte

http://www.british-israel.ca/Phoenician.htm

http://phoenicia.org/australia.html

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/rexonthenet.htm

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_australia02.htm

In 1931 in the N.W. Kimberley's, Prof. A. P. Elkin, Professor of Anthropology at Sydney University came upon a tribe of Aborigines who had not met a white man before. The professor was astounded when tribal elders greeted him with Ancient Secret Masonic hand signs. He was struck by the startling somatic features present in the natives. He discovered the Aborigines worshipped the sun. They also had an earth mother and Rainbow Serpent Cult. Later he discovered many of the words spoken were of Egyptian origin.

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/update...p/m17-011.shtml

Professor Campbell

suggested the script was archaic Japanese, and offered the

translation: the number of the hopeless ones is 62 , from which

he concluded that a Japanese vessel floundered on the coast

leaving survivors. Probably no less exotic a connection is the

suggestion by Professor Homet that similar markings were found

curved onto stones in certain parts of South America. The

suggestion is that perhaps a superior people in these areas were

the source or stimuli for the marks.

:tu: Yes I too thought that the Toowoomba petraglyphs .on the 17 granite stones.. http://www.awarenessquest.com/research.htm .. looked very similar to the Rosetta Stone in Okinawa

http://www.wonder-okinawa.jp/024/english/m...etta/index.html

Edited by crystal sage

http://www.answers.com/topic/theory-of-por...ry-of-australia

http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/australia1.html

"The argument that Jarnes Cook 'discovered' Australia is fallacious" he goes on. "His ship's log shows that he had maps. His instructions were to reconnoitre the coast for the purpose of colonising."

http://hope-of-israel.org/hebinusa.htm

The Saga of Ancient Hebrew Explorers ..... and working out from them, Hapgood was astounded to find that "this map apparently shows the coast of Australia . . http://www.politicsforumpoliticalworld.com...ry-islam-2.html ..

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/text/0000tx09x.html

1909, April

The hieroglyphs were on the stone wall next to a cave entrance, and told of ancient Egyptian explorers getting lost and stranded, left to die in Australia. ..

http://farshores.org/aettgc.htm

Edited by crystal sage

The argument that Jarnes Cook 'discovered' Australia is fallacious" he goes on. "His ship's log shows that he had maps. His instructions were to reconnoitre the coast for the purpose of colonising."

Another lie. Here's Cook's log entry for this:

The Southernmost point of land we had in sight, which bore from us West quarter South, I judged to lay in the Latitude of 38 degrees South and in the Long. of 211 degrees 7 minutes West from the Meridian of Greenwich. I have named it Point Hicks, because Lieutenant Hicks was the first who discovered this Land". (My emphasis.)

From the journal of James Cook.

Ship's log date: Thursday 19th April, 1770.

Calendar date: Friday 20th April, 1770.

Source

Does that sound like someone with "instructions to colonise?"

The Saga of Ancient Hebrew Explorers ..... and working out from them, Hapgood was astounded to find that "this map apparently shows the coast of Australia . .

From this page you linked:

In his book Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings, Charles H. Hapgood tells of the Piri Re'is map of 1513 A.D. Studies of this map show that it correctly gives latitudes and longitudes along the coasts of Africa and Europe, indicating that the original mapmaker must have found the correct relative longitude across Africa and across the Atlantic to Brazil. This amazing map gives an accurate profile of the coast of South America to the Amazon, provides an amazing outline of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico (supposedly not yet discovered!), and -- incredibly enough -- shows a part of the coast of the Antarctic Continent which was not discovered, in modern times, until 1818!

This map does not stand alone. A world map drawn by Oronteus Finaeus in 1531 gives a truly authentic map of Antarctica, indicating the coasts were probably ice-free when the original map was drawn (of which Oronteus Finaeus' map was a later copy). The Oronteus Finaeus map was strikingly similar to modern maps of the Antarctic. How could this be?

These claims about the Piri Reis and the Orontius Finaeus Maps have been thoroughly debunked for years.

Another fascinating map is the map of Hadji Ahmed of 1559. It is evident that the cartographer had some extraordinary source maps at his disposal. Says Hapgood: "The shapes of North and South America have a surprisingly modern look, the western coasts are especially interesting. They seem to be about two centuries ahead of the cartography of the time. . . . The shape of what is now the United States is about Perfect" (p.99).

Every decent pic of this map that I can find is dated December 1865, so I don't see how anyone can comment on it:

post-39895-1182022590_thumb.jpg

Another map of the Middle Ages, the Reinel Chart of 1510 -- a Portuguese map of the Indian Ocean -- provides a striking example of the knowledge of the ancients. Studying the identifiable geographical localities and working out from them, Hapgood was astounded to find that "this map apparently shows the coast of Australia . . . The map also appeared to show some of the Caroline Islands of the Pacific. Latitudes and longitudes on this map are remarkably good, although Australia is shown too far north" (ibid., p.134).

It's one thing to make this claim in the absence of this map, and quite another to provide the map itself and then stand by the claim.

1909, April

The hieroglyphs were on the stone wall next to a cave entrance, and told of ancient Egyptian explorers getting lost and stranded, left to die in Australia. ..

Again, why are you dredging these up? There's at least 20 fairly long posts about these fake hieroglyphics already here in this thread, yet you put in a quote about them as if they have yet to be considered or something. Why?

Harte

http://www.laputanlogic.com/images/2006/01...113G058K500.jpg

http://www.prep.mcneese.edu/engr/engr321/preis/pirimap3.jpg

http://www.vintage-map.com/en/Maps/World-M...-1690::161.html

http://www.vintage-map.com/en/Maps/World-M...p-1663::46.html

1663 map showing Australia as Lande di van de Eendracht

aVan Diemen Landt...

and then there is Homann, World Map, 1720

Cartograph / Printer: Homann, Johann Baptist (1663-1724)

http://www.vintage-map.com/en/Maps/World-M...p-1720::69.html

clearly shows Australia....

... B) by the way just because you can't find some supporting information... it doesn't make it a lie..... When someone's idea contradicts mine...I use it as a learning experience... I look deeper .. look at different scenarios, to see how and why they came to that conclusion...I am often surprised by what additional interesting info I pick up during these explorations... :D

http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Map

Edited by crystal sage

Thanks alot for those links Crystal Sage. They just strengthen my argument against educated guesswork put forward by uneducated skeptics.

Look at the moon - its been winking at me....again. ;)

Carlin Stalin

I was doing some research on a rumour I had heard and came up with this web site. Has anyone ever heard of Egyptians in Australia before? What do you think of the evidence and apparent facts contained in this article? I myself was pretty amazed at it all. Even if the heiroglyphics seem fake I find it interesting that Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders have similar traditions to Egyptians and mummification processes as well as the Aten symbol. (Don't dismiss it because of the mention of the Gympie Pyramid idol)

http://www.crystalinks.com/egyptaustralia.html

Australia has been an isolated island for about, say, 300 billion years. That is why there are animals and plants that you can only find there. Kangaroos aren't anywhere else. Of course, there were land bridges at times during the span of earth life and people did journey to and from there as they are wont to do, but once the land broke from the Pangea, it stayed a separate island. The Pangea is why there are a lot of common things everywhere.

Australia has been an isolated island for about, say, 300 billion years. That is why there are animals and plants that you can only find there. Kangaroos aren't anywhere else. Of course, there were land bridges at times during the span of earth life and people did journey to and from there as they are wont to do, but once the land broke from the Pangea, it stayed a separate island. The Pangea is why there are a lot of common things everywhere.

so what youre saying is

that Australia has been isolated for about 295.6 billion years longer than the earth has been in existence

laughable