Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

Nice links once again Crystal Sage! I do find it amazing how all these finds could be rubbish. The fact that Confucius recorded an Australian eclipse in 553 and 592BC says to me that the Chinese certainly knew of Australia long ago. I have been talking about this thread with other friend of mine who believes that Australia was visited often by foreigners including Egyptians and one told me that he studies a book called The Book of The Heavens, it has another name but I can't recall what it is, something like Oephir or such, maybe someone can help me on that one, and in one section, possibly titled Osiris it states that Egypt sent out ships around the world with 200 men on each. I havent got to speak to him again but thought I'd raise it here in case someone can help me on it. Now, funny in your post CS that it mentions about the sun disk possibly being associated with Lemuria as thats what his thesis is about and he does know what he's talking about, I must have more conversations with him.....in the Crystallinks link it says the same sun disk is associated with pre-Mayan civilisations and the Hopi so it's a bit contradictory in the 2 links, unless they mean the pre-Mayan civilisation was a Lemurian civilisation and the Hopi is part of this.

I'm also interested in the statement that Eucalyptus oil was found in Egyptian tombs and I think it's these things that could establish them having been here. Black opal was apparently found also.

I must say also the ancient coins that the Dharmurian society got hold of at the Gympie pyramid site is exciting news. I will read your links more CS, thanks alot for still contributing to my thread, I love all the info and it keeps this interesting topic going for us to keep evaluating.

One would expect a pyramid found here in Australia to not resemble a pyramid in Egypt. The stone was different, they would not have had the huge manpower or cutting tools nor would there have been a reason to build one unless an important pharoah was buried here. The Gympie pyramid could have been like to a terraced structure similar to a Sumerian zuggurat. A zuggerat makes more sense to build as they are used as temples for their Gods. Since we know that early Egypt contained many Sumerian influences:

"There are certain elements in Egypt's Early Dynastic Period which seem to betray unmistakable Sumerian influence. Egyptian hieroglyphic writing may be one. Another is the so-called 'paneled-facade' type of architecture found in Egyptian tombs from the First to the Third Dynasties (3200 to 2800 B.C.)."

"...The most remarkable evidence of cultural connection is that shown in the architecture of the Early Dynastic tombs of Egypt and Mesopotamian seal-impressions showing almost exactly similar buildings."

- Leonard Cottrell, The Quest for Sumer

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/s.../influence.html

my guess is that the records are not found in Egypt as such because the Egyptians that visited Australia were here before 3000BC and before Egypt became the monarchy state it is known for today, while they were still in a state of Meopotamian influence. Most sceptics are looking for clues in writings that are too young in my opinion to know of the visits.

The coin, being from 1400-1500 and used extensively in trading with Dutch and Chinese traders seems to have been left here when the area was being examined by foreigners.

I found this article from the Dhamurian Society interesting, possibly the 'pyramid' was built by peoples who had been in South America.

<a href="http://www.dhamurian.org.au/cultures/abori...lamericans.html" target="_blank">http://www.dhamurian.org.au/cultures/abori...lamericans.html</a>

The pyramids found in Central America are more like ziggerats which is what the Gympie Pyramid resembles to me, and the skull of a 12,000 year old Brazilian woman resembles an Aboriginal skull more than mongoloid, apparently the only link between the Aboriginal skull and the Mongoloid skull are the Tierra del Fuegans. Also the Fuegans were stone age up until recently just like Aboriginals. It says to me the original South American Aboriginal population were driven south by the arriving Mongoloids and the Fuegans the only surviving race that are hybrid and stone age. They have kept their stone age knowledge while the rest of South America moved on. Darwin made several notes on how primitive the Fuegans were, comparable only to Australian Aborigines. Somehow this is all suggesting to me that the Americas were settled from peoples who travelled from Australia. Captain Cook himself sailed from New Zealand to Tierra del Fuego, not an impossible journey. The indigenous Feugans wore very little clothing even though it was very cold conditions, just like many Aboriginals did and the land was named Terra Australis Nondum Cognita on early maps before Magellan and co. named the areas.

If early people arrived from Bering Strait and travelled DOWN into South America over time, why are the most primitive stone age people at the bottom?

Keeping in mind too, a new theory of the Clovis people originating from Solutrean people in Middle Europe and crossing the Atlantic rather than using the Bering Strait as well as new information stating that the Olmecs were established from West Africans. Negroes, Australoids and Negroid Pygmies, (the last 2 being known to be in Australia, the Negroid Pygmies in Oz are not common knowledge but you can find out about it if you look into it enough, the last pygmy was photographed in Atherton (30 mins from me) in early 1900's. ) travelled out of West Africa and ended up in South America. Seems obvious they would sail west but I tend to think they headed East since they knew land was East and these peoples are found in India but only open ocean was West. I don't think they had open sea sailing under control so early. They arrive in Australia after heading west and after much time possibly take to the sea after learning canoe building and raft making finally end up in South America approx 12,000 years ago. A later stream of immigrants about 3000 years ago, taking the same route to South America took the knowledge of building ziggurats with them, these people I believe left traces of them here in Australia. We know the dingo arrived here relatively recently with a second wave of people hitting the Australian shores.

"According to the Gladwin Thesis, this ancient journey occurred, particularly about 75,000 years ago and included so called Black Pygmies, Black Negritic peoples and Black Australoids similar to the Aboriginal Black people of Australia and parts of Asia, including India ."

<a href="http://www.essaysbyekowa.com/olmecs.htm" target="_blank">http://www.essaysbyekowa.com/olmecs.htm</a>

Edited by weareallsuckers

Nice links once again Crystal Sage! I do find it amazing how all these finds could be rubbish. The fact that Confucius recorded an Australian eclipse in 553 and 592BC says to me that the Chinese certainly knew of Australia long ago.

WAAS,

Confucius did no such thing.

Go ahead, try to verify this and you'll see.

Here's a starter for you:

Confucius himself records thirty-seven eclipses of the sun between 720 and 481, those of 709, 601, and 549 being total. Of course, as Confucius primarily recorded the eclipses as seen from his own petty vassal state of Lu in Shan Tung province (lat. 35” 40’ N., long, 117” E.), any one endeavouring to identify these eclipses, and to compare them with Julian or Gregorian dates, must, in making the necessary calculations, bear this important fact in mind.

It so happens that nearly one-third of Confucius’ thirty-seven eclipses are recorded as having taken place between the two total eclipses of 601 and 549. This being so, I referred the list to an obliging officer attached to the Royal Observatory, who has kindly furnished me with the following comparative list:-

Confucius’ Date. Oppolzer’s Julian Date.

B.C. 601 7th moon 600, September 20.

“ 599, 4th “ 598, March 5.

“ 592, 6th “ 591, April 17.

“ 575, 6th “ 574, May 9.

“ 574, 12th “ 573, October 22.

“ 559, 2nd “ 558, January 14.

“ 558, 8th “ 557, June 29.

“ 553, 10th “ 552, August 31.

“ 552, 9th “

“ 552, 10th “ 551, August 20.

“ 550, 2nd “ 549, January 5.

“ 549, 7th “ 548, April 19.

It will be observed that there is no Oppolzer’s date to compare with the first of the two eclipses of 552; this is because I omitted to notice that there had been recorded in the “Springs and Autumns” two so close together, and therefore I did not include it in the list sent to the Observatory; but with the exception of the total eclipse of 601, all the other eclipses, so far as days of the moon and month go, are as consistent with each other as are modern Chinese dates with European (Julian) dates.

(My emphasis.)

Source: Ancient China Simplified by Edward Harper Parker

Would have been quite hard for Confucius to record an eclipse in 553 based on his personal observation.

He was two years old at the time.

The eclipses he recorded were observed in China, not in Australia. Or do you suppose that the author of the above quoted article would have left out a huge detail like these were Australian eclipses?

Anyway, see if you can find anyone anywhere (other than the handful of Australian pseudohistorians) that claim this about Confucius.

I dare ya.

The coin, being from 1400-1500 and used extensively in trading with Dutch and Chinese traders seems to have been left here when the area was being examined by foreigners.

The coin, having been "discovered" by a bunch of amatuers out to make money, was unquestionably "left here by foriegners" all right. The "foreigners" that discovered it, that is.

I found this article from the Dhamurian Society interesting, possibly the 'pyramid' was built by peoples who had been in South America.

No, the "pyramid" was "built" by immigrants trying to farm on a hill. It's called terracing.

Southeast Asia is loaded with "pyramids" if this is a pyramid.

Harte

WAAS,

(My emphasis.)

Would have been quite hard for Confucius to record an eclipse in 553 based on his personal observation.

The eclipses he recorded were observed in China, not in Australia. Or do you suppose that the author of the above quoted article would have left out a huge detail like these were Australian eclipses?

Anyway, see if you can find anyone anywhere (other than the handful of Australian pseudohistorians) that claim this about Confucius.

I dare ya.

The coin, having been "discovered" by a bunch of amatuers out to make money, was unquestionably "left here by foriegners" all right. The "foreigners" that discovered it, that is.

No, the "pyramid" was "built" by immigrants trying to farm on a hill. It's called terracing.

Harte

Yes there apparently seems to be many 'pyramids' in Asia...

http://survive2012.com/asia_pyramids.php

Java, Indonesia

Candi Sukuh

linked-imagelinked-image

China

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Xian was for a long time the capital of Ancient China. It has become a popular tourist destination for Westerners since the discovery of the “Terracotta Warriors”. The evidence of local pyramids is scant, due to the Chinese Government and its 'forbidden zones' surrounding the city of Xian in the Shensi Province. These zones are off-limits to foreigners, probably due to military and/or space program bases in the area. Within these zones there are possibly 100 pyramids, and some adventurers have managed to photograph a few them:

Tahiti

linked-image

When Captain Cook visited Tahiti, he described the Marae of Mahaiatea as having a stepped pyramid with a base of 259 by 85 feet. Unfortunately all that remains today is a pile of stones. This drawing comes from the 1799 book The Voyage of McDuff.

..etc..

Edited by crystal sage

your link which you have submitted as evidence claims that silbury hill in england and newgrange in ireland are pyramids

with the goalposts set so low I expect that you could claim that almost any ancient building is a pyramid

what about the parthenon and the colisseum

surely by the same standard they are also pyramids ?

:)

the asian examples you mentioned aren't pyramids

they are variously tombs, temples and platforms

;)

...also..

;)

http://www.beforeus.com/

AUSTRALIA

mystery satellite orbiting the poles

A wrecked Phoenician ship has been found on the West Australian coast. And other Phoenician evidence is found around the country. Near Sarina, Queensland, Val Osborne has discovered remains of a Phoenician port and mine from 900 BC.

Traditional theory says this can’t be! So with all the publicity, the Central Queensland University reportedly sent an archaeologist to the site, instructing him to ‘find nothing’. Osborne commented, “It’s like that – when they don’t want the truth to be known, they will deny it.

15 minute “movie” of luminous pictures

Numerous traces of Egyptian colonisation in Australia have also been unearthed or discovered, such as coins, statues, inscriptions and a tomb, as well as Egyptian customs, religious features and words among the Aborigines.… Oh yes, and pyramids...

architecture style influenced by??

There are lots of pyramid shaped constructions all over the world... many are linked to underground tunnel systems.. just like Egypt...

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/tunnels.html

thats complete rubbish

none of the asian non pyramids has an underground tunnel system and neither do any of the european non pyramids

there are also no underground tunnel system under the Egyptian pyramids

can you tell me what does actually pass for evidence where you come from ?

:rolleyes:

WAAS,

(My emphasis.)

I dare ya.

Confucius didn't record them you are correct, no biggie, I think the Chinese visited here whether Confucius saw them or not is a bit of a non issue really. There is mention of Chinese visiting Australia. His name was used to embellish this obviously in the first site but after I posted that sentence I stayed up till 4am reading much more. I recall them being recorded in Irian Java, but I'm not positive on details. The Chinese visiting here is a bit like the Egyptians visiting, nothing official just lots of links that could be an indicator.

Harte

Whats your point with the coin? I said it was a Denga, a trading coin from Russia, used extensively in trading in the 1500's. Have you some proof this is a fake coin or something?? It has been verified by many people according to the Dhamurian Society.

It's a possible theory that it is terracing but not proven yet, it could be a type of pyramid or ziggurat, no one knows exactly. Personally I don't think it was built by Egyptians so it's not really part of my equation in whether Egyptians visited Australia, just an interesting sideline....

thats complete rubbish

none of the asian non pyramids has an underground tunnel system and neither do any of the european non pyramids

there are also no underground tunnel system under the Egyptian pyramids

can you tell me what does actually pass for evidence where you come from ?

:rolleyes:

Many of the South American pyramid structures do have tunnel systems. http://research.famsi.org/tikal_list.php?r...earch=structure

Whether there is underground tunnel systems under Egyptian pyramids is speculation although on 14th April 1996 Zahi Hawass announced to the Egyptian press that there were tunnels under the sphinx and around the pyramids. I havent actually seen this written in the actual newspaper but I see this date and announcement frequently mentioned. Here's an interview with Hawass where he mentions tunnels running underneath Khafre Valley temple.

http://guardians.net/spotlgt1.htm

It's a possible theory that it is terracing but not proven yet, it could be a type of pyramid or ziggurat, no one knows exactly. Personally I don't think it was built by Egyptians so it's not really part of my equation in whether Egyptians visited Australia, just an interesting sideline....

its been proven

perhaps you just haven't considered the evidence properly

http://www.skeptica.dk/arkiv_dk2/wheeler.htm

did you relaise that the main proponent of the Australian Gympie Pyramid "Rex Gilroy" is also the lead Yowie researcher in the country.

;)

its been proven

did you relaise that the main proponent of the Australian Gympie Pyramid "Rex Gilroy" is also the lead Yowie researcher in the country.

;)

I thought the lead Yowie researcher in Australia was Tim the Yowie Man. B)

http://www.yowieman.com.au/ and http://www.destinytours.com.au/canberra.htm

Avs

its been proven

;)

Good link, 1985 is over 20 years ago though, many new developments have gone on since then, thanks but see it contains this word PROBABLY after the words facts......so these are not facts at all just what probably happened: "What are we left with? The facts are (probably) that the Gympie "Golden" pyramid is actually........"

..a fact is a fact, it is not a probably. I'm not necessarily a proponent of it being a pyramid but when I'm faced with websites from over 20 years ago telling me probably's are facts I can only treat them the same as websites such as the Burlington one which you claimed was rubbish. I have many probable scenarios........does this make them fact? Me thinks not.

I thought the lead Yowie researcher in Australia was Tim the Yowie Man. B)

http://www.yowieman.com.au/ and http://www.destinytours.com.au/canberra.htm

Avs

Rex Gilroy is a lead Yowie researcher, I believe Tim is following on his work.

Who says Yowies aren't real anyway? Megatools have been found in Australia and much of Gilroy and Tims work points to the possibility of Yowies, does being a Yowie man somehow discredit Rex Gilroy kerkinana walsky?

Rex Gilroy is a lead Yowie researcher, I believe Tim is following on his work.

Who says Yowies aren't real anyway? Megatools have been found in Australia and much of Gilroy and Tims work points to the possibility of Yowies, does being a Yowie man somehow discredit Rex Gilroy kerkinana walsky?

well do you think that being the lead sasquatch researcher would discredit someone who professed a knowledge of the Egyptian pyramids in the grand canyon, or being the lead yeti researcher would discredit someone claimng they were in contact with ascended masters from shangri la ?

how about being the lead Zeta Reticulan researcher would discredit their work on u.f.o's

its all a bit sci fi yanno

well do you think that being the lead sasquatch researcher would discredit someone who professed a knowledge of the Egyptian pyramids in the grand canyon, or being the lead yeti researcher would discredit someone claimng they were in contact with ascended masters from shangri la ?

how about being the lead Zeta Reticulan researcher would discredit their work on u.f.o's

its all a bit sci fi yanno

I know what you mean..lol...but seriously Rex Gilroy has studied many aspects of mysteries in Australia. Through his Yowie research he discovered many other things in Australia that just don't add up so I think being a Yowie researcher has given him enormous background to investigate further mysteries. Just because I'm a Barbie doll collector does that make me unqualified to be a psychologist? Just because one aspect seems frivolous does not make all the work unfounded. Do we need to be studying everything serious to be taken serious?

Here is Rex Gilroy's website where he states even his relatives think he is mad. <a href="http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/" target="_blank">http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/</a> but many of us are on his side, mad, maybe, interested, yes, convinced, not as yet........

He is a leading Australian authority on the Blue Mountain Funnel Web Spider:

On the Blue Mountains, and elsewhere across Australia, Rex would soon become famous for his spider researches, becoming known as an authority on the Blue Mountain Funnel Web Spider [Atrax Versuta], Australia's deadliest Funnel Web and spider species. Once he began giving lectures at schools and clubs in 1963 Rex Gilroy was soon in wide demand as a speaker, and today his slide talks on a variety of subjects are very popular, making him continuously sought after.

Because he hunts "yowies" does this make his spider lectures crap?

He does go on to say he thinks that homo erectus could have been in Australia and I have seen other websites also making this claim that Tasmanian Aboriginal skulls do indeed possess many erectus type features. The Megatools found do not fit into any scientific theories out there, but they exist, so what are? I started this thread in the interest of clarifying anything that others may know about Egyptians visiting Australia since there seemed to be so much 'evidence' of it. By starting it I opened a can of worms in my life to study basically what Rex Gilroy does, the many, many mysterious anomolies that are part of Australia. It makes for interesting and thought provoking reading if nothing else and I for one cannot just discard it like rubbish.

Here is an excerpt from Rex Gilroy on Egyptians in Australia:

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/egyptia...a_mainpage.html

When you read that you will note much reference to Cairns and Atherton area. I live in Far Nth Qld on the Atherton Tablelands and stories here abound whenever I mention this to anyone here they nod in agreement as if it's common knowledge that all this went down, just this week I've spoken to 2 people who have alot of knowledge on this subject.

Are the skeptics here just willing to brush all this off, how do you explain his evidences?

Here's an excellent article about the Negroid/Aboriginal Pygmies of North Queensland for anyone interested in learning about them since they have generally been obliterated from the history books.

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summary_0199-1799849_ITM

Here's Aten:

linked-image

so has this been 100% translated?

i can understand half of it but i am

lost at the upper parts of Gypsie":"?

I was having a look at the Rex Gilroy site you posted and I agree that the area is more dangerous than people think. Something I have found out whilst living in the Blue Mountains is that there are large hybrid wild dog packs in the National Park up here. This info comes from someone who works quite high up in the National Parks and Wildlife whom I know socially and enjoy interrogating when we are at parties! He is so well controlled though he only will give you yes and no answers to this stuff!

Even though I don't take much of this X-files archaeology stuff seriously I will do more sleuthing now just for fun! The New Years Eve party is coming up soon.....

i found an interesting site while searching on the web....check it out..its all about ancient australia, phoenicians, egypt, scarabs and the like..there are a few photographs too...

linky

I was having a look at the Rex Gilroy site you posted and I agree that the area is more dangerous than people think. Something I have found out whilst living in the Blue Mountains is that there are large hybrid wild dog packs in the National Park up here. This info comes from someone who works quite high up in the National Parks and Wildlife whom I know socially and enjoy interrogating when we are at parties! He is so well controlled though he only will give you yes and no answers to this stuff!

Even though I don't take much of this X-files archaeology stuff seriously I will do more sleuthing now just for fun! The New Years Eve party is coming up soon.....

If the heat doesn't get you the animals will! Don't get lost anywhere........

Thanks Betsy for your post, keep up that sleuthing and let me know anything you find. :)

i found an interesting site while searching on the web....check it out..its all about ancient australia, phoenicians, egypt, scarabs and the like..there are a few photographs too...

linky

Hi Coredrill, I needed to use your disclaimer more than once in this thread let me tell ya!!

That link is great, I have provided a similar one a few pages back. I need to check out the chariot axle some more if anyone has any more details on it I would welcome some more info since Sarina Harbour has now (unofficially) been signposted as a possible ancient Phoenician wharfdue to the layout and smelting remnants found there.

From Rex Gilroys website: http://www.rexgilroy.com/uru_chapter16.html

The wharf is covered in ore chips and minerals, identified as Copper, Tin, Silver, Gold, Quartz, Calcite, Cinnabar, Lapis Lazuli and others. Hereabouts I found fragments of thin bronze sheeting turned green with age, and which had been produced from tin and copper smelted locally. Heather and I inspected three open-cut mines excavated through solid basalt by unknown means, from which mercury and gold were extracted. Fine gold dust coating the cliffsides sparkled in the morning sunlight.

Upon a huge basalt slab facing the harbour at another location where gold had been mined, I found a number of large, weathered

Phoenician glyphs, stating:“Guard the land on which this mine stands, for it contains

an ever-increasing amount of gold. The gold of Baal the Sun who is above all.”

Stretching out beyond the shore was a man-made headland leading to a rocky outcrop showing signs of ancient mining. Hereabouts lay ore fragments and samples of Lapis Lazuli. At the temple, mentioned previously I found two small Phoenician glyphs stating, “Guard this enclosure”. Possibly it was built for the worship of either the Celtic Bel or Phoenician Baal Sun-Gods, but a further identifying inscription is needed for a positive identification. The ancient cemetery contains at least 60 graves, but like the barley field, there must have been many more, due to the enormous population that had to have occupied this colony.

So just how many people were involved in these operations and how long ago? It can be safely estimated that at least 3,000 people lived hereabouts at the height of the colony’s existence [the Gympie colony population was about the same figure]. As tin and copper was mined here to produce bronze, the colony must date back to Bronze-Age times [2000-1400 BC], and as iron was also mined this implies the colony continued on into the Iron- Age, which began around 1400 BC

when this precious metal was discovered by the Hittites. Thus the colony surely existed for a considerable period of time. We suggest up to 2,000 years.

Just prior to our Sarina investigation, Heather and I visited Bowen, further north up the coast, in search of similar evidence. At one particular beach, half buried in sandy soil high up on the shoreline, I uncovered a curiously shaped slab of yellowish sandstone, which turned out to be the carved profile of a human head, with left ear, eye, nose and mouth. Above the eye and nose ridge were five unmistakable Phoenician glyphs. Nearby on the waterfront I also found a rock shoal bearing further large, deeply cut Phoenician glyphs.