Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

latino holic....guess who this is??

we were in the water yesterday!!!

WAAS...did u take pics? care to post them so that we can see them too....of the sandstone ?

WAAS...did u take pics? care to post them so that we can see them too....of the sandstone ?

I have no photos myself but what is it you are after, and I'll try and track some down? Was it the sandstone scarab?

so has this been 100% translated?

i can understand half of it but i am

lost at the upper parts of Gypsie":"?

You are doing better than me. Are you able to let us know what it translates to so far?

All this info about Egyptian sailors can be found here: http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page2.htm

These Asian migrations to America are only part of the Pacific picture, as we will see in future chapters.

The native American population is a product of many migrations over time, the most significant times of oceanic trade (periods of globalisation) were 12,000, 8,000, 4,000 , 3,000 and 1,000 years ago.

It appears the Egyptians/Mesopotamians had a port at Gavea on the East coast of South America, they would travel up the Uruguay and Parana Rivers mining tin for bronze, silver and gold as well as trading for Cocaine which they brought back to Egypt. They left a trail of names prefixed with Ur, stretching across South America to Lake Titicaca. Some of these people, known as 'Children of the Sun' in South America, took the religion of Ra into the Pacific, where it manifested itself in island names such as the island of Ra'iatea (Sun people white) and the pyramid of Maha'iatea (Many people white).

Gwion Gwion or Bradshaw paintings from over 17,000 years ago in the Kimberlies, depicting the 'dance of the 9 maidens'. On Yami island, south of Taiwan is the same dance being performed today, suggesting that both these people have strong cultural connection through a parent (seafaring) civilization in the distant past.Gwion Gwion paintings also depict high prowed (ocean going) boats carrying 30 people confirming their seafaring ability 20,000 years ago.

. Wandgina figure from the Kimberlies with Phoenician writing on the turban. The white face and red robe depicts what were known as 'The Shining Ones' in Hebrew scripts, the people who brought science to the Sumerians 10,000 years ago to begin western civilization as we know it today.

Apparently there was a tribe living near Palm Valley with blonde hair and Dutch names, they were shot by the English colonials, fearing a Dutch claim for sovereignty. In Victoria there are remains of stone buildings similar to Phoenician dwellings.

Petroglyphs in the Flinders Ranges, South Australia and Petroglyphs in North America. These petroglyphs are both thought to be over 10,000 years old and could well have been drawn by people of the same language. There are two possibilities, the first is that the Veda/Anu (early aborigines), once spoke the same language and used the same writing system as Cro Magnon man, the second is that the Clovis/Solutrean people explored the whole world, including Australia.

It has always been an enigma why Tasmanian Aboriginals were different in looks and culture to mainland Aborigines, more than this there were two distinct groups in Tasmania - Truganinni's tribe were a mix of Negritos with Aborigines from one of the earliest migrations to Australia 60,000 - 100,000 years ago, but on the Western side of the island there were a much taller people, they used papyrus rafts and were more semitic in looks, similar to the Chatham islanders of New Zealand. These people lived near a place where Egyptian inscriptions were found. Unfortunately the English colonials killed every Tasmanian, so genetic data cannot be analysed. - end of link.

Now, Palm Valley is very mysterious here and is closed to the public officially because of some rare cycads there but I've heard it mentioned many times, firstly that there is heiroglyphics there and now the shooting of some Dutch peoples there, considering what the colonials did to the Tasmanian Aboriginals it doesn't seem hard to imagine...... Palm Valley is in the Flinders Ranges and above it mentions petroglyphs so it may be the same thing as the heiroglyphs there.

Here is 3 pictures attached, one of the dancing tribes of Tahiti, similar to the paintings in the Kimberleys, then a Wandjina figure which is weird for aboriginals because they don't wear clothes, so it couldn't be a medicine man or any other Aboriginal person and it mentions Phoenician writing on the helmet. The last photo is the amazing Truganinni, the last Tasmanian Aborginal known to us.

post-50813-1194693014_thumb.jpg

post-50813-1194693071_thumb.jpg

post-50813-1194693107_thumb.jpg

Here is more 'evidence' that Egyptians could sail further than previously thought.

Since the 1940's, however, these views have been changing. It is now accepted by many scholars that early Egyptians sailed as far west as South America, in their huge reed boats. In turn, the Incas, who owe many of their technological advancements to these Egyptian travelers, set sail to the west, colonizing Easter Island, Hawaii, and the other Pacific islands. The most common misconception about these early travels is that they took place on boats or ships. This is definitely not the case. In fact, the Egyptians and Incas relied on rafts; the Incas used balsa logs ( Kon-Tiki 21), the Egyptians used bundles of papyrus reeds (Ra 3). One striking piece of evidence for Egyptian-Inca contact is the existence of reed rafts on Lake Titicaca that are exactly like rafts used on Lake Chad and the Nile (Ra 3). Of course, this could be merely coincidence, but much more evidence exists to support the theory of ancient contacts between Egyptians and Pre-Colombian Incas.

http://www.essays.cc/free_essays/d3/aym99.shtml

thats complete rubbish

none of the asian non pyramids has an underground tunnel system and neither do any of the european non pyramids

there are also no underground tunnel system under the Egyptian pyramids

can you tell me what does actually pass for evidence where you come from ?

:rolleyes:

http://www.hermetics.org/Giza-tunnels.html

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/secretchambers2.htm

http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/photos/200...idepyramid.html

http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/photos/200...sidepyramid.jpg

I still think tunnel systems are attached to many pyramids...

http://www.delange.org/Cholula/Cholula.htm

http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/photos/200...idepyramid.html

linked-image

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/piramide..._piramide_2.htm

Larry Hunter was a firm believer of hidden tunnels under pyramids...

http://www.larryhunter.com/

http://lab.wgbh.org/sandbox/narrow-tunnels-under-pyramids

Tunnels of the Great Pyramids (:4

http://lab.wgbh.org/sandbox/tunnels-great-pyramids

Edited by crystal sage

thats complete rubbish

none of the asian non pyramids has an underground tunnel system and neither do any of the european non pyramids

there are also no underground tunnel system under the Egyptian pyramids

can you tell me what does actually pass for evidence where you come from ?

:rolleyes:

There is a serious mistake most of you are committing in here.

At the mention of Pyramids everyone thinks egypt.

If you say Ancient Pyramidcal Construction ......any of the ancient pyramid shaped structure can be classified under it.

Could you state what you meant by asian "non" Pyramids?

If i state that a particular ancient structure in asia which does not look like a pyramid has tunnels under it.....will that come under the category of asian 'non' pyramids that you just stated???? then your statement will be proven wrong!

Edited by coredrill

There is a serious mistake most of you are committing in here.

At the mention of Pyramids everyone thinks egypt.

If you say Ancient Pyramidcal Construction ......any of the ancient pyramid shaped structure can be classified under it.

Could you state what you meant by asan "non" Pyramids?

If i state that a particular ancient structure in asia which does not look like a payramid has tunnels under it.....will that come under the category of asian 'non' pyramids that you just stated???? then your statement will be proven wrong!

Yes, that's why I bought in the ziggurats because they resemble pyramids but are not Egyptian based. Sumeria and Central American made this style of 'ancient pyramidical construction' and I think that many of the pyramids in Asia etc could be styles of early Sumerian ones rather than Egyptian based. Any pyramidcal construction is a pyramid, even the Silbury Hill which is a man made pyramid made completely of chalk.

The two images below are of Candi Sukuh, in Java, which is a hindu temple.

linked-image

linked-image

The image below is the pyramid at chitchen itza. its a mayan pyramid.

linked-image

The images belkow are of indian temples..from india (not of those'indians' in the americas!!..they should be called native americans..not native indians)

linked-image

linked-image

i wonder if there is anything similar to these pyramidical shaped ancient constructions!!!!

It is now accepted by many scholars that early Egyptians sailed as far west as South America, in their huge reed boats.

In the twenty years I've been studying ancient Egypt and the rest of the Near East, I have never once heard any of the vetted and respected scholars in the field say anything like this. In fact, they know the opposite to be true. The Egyptians were never fond of open-sea sailing and remained near coastal areas, and there would never have been any reason for them to attempt a transatlantic voyage in the first place--all the raw materials and minerals they needed and which Egypt itself did not possess, were available in African countries directly to the south, the Levant and its environs to the northeast, or Mesopotamia and Iran farther out.

The Egyptians never used "huge reed boats" for the open-sea sailing that they did conduct, in the eastern Mediterranean and western Red Sea. They used ships they had crafted from cedar or spruce or other woods obtained through ancient Byblos (Lebanon). The papyrus skiffs they made were only temporary and were used for hunting or recreational activities on the Nile and in the Delta tributaries. A boat made of papyrus could not possibly survive for long in the open ocean.

...There are two possibilities, the first is that the Veda/Anu (early aborigines), once spoke the same language and used the same writing system as Cro Magnon man

Let's adhere to known anthropological and philological evidence. Cro Magnon man appeared around 40,000 years ago died out, I think, about 10,000 years ago. Evidence of true writing does not appear until around 3,300 BCE, in the Uruk Period of protohistoric southern Iraq, at the site of E-Anna.

The white face and red robe depicts what were known as 'The Shining Ones' in Hebrew scripts, the people who brought science to the Sumerians 10,000 years ago to begin western civilization as we know it today.

I'm not familiar with "The Shining Ones" in the writings of the ancient Hebrews, who do not even arise as a recognizable kingdom till shortly after 1,000 BCE, in the Early Iron Age of the Levant. The Sumerians were indeed the progenitors of civilization as we think of it, but they do not become an established civilization or kingdom till shortly after the above-mentioned Uruk Period in southern Iraq. There are six established protohistorical divisions scholars recognize for southern Iraq, going back to the Hassuna Period starting around 5,800 BCE. Prior to that there is no recognizable cultural entity in that part of the Near East. People were there, of course, but as simple Neolithic hunter-gatherers. There was certainly no such thing as a Sumeria 10,000 years ago.

Yes, that's why I bought in the ziggurats because they resemble pyramids but are not Egyptian based. Sumeria and Central American made this style of 'ancient pyramidical construction' and I think that many of the pyramids in Asia etc could be styles of early Sumerian ones rather than Egyptian based.

They are all rather similar in appearance, all over the world--but none of them have anything in common. There is a simple reason that ancient peoples built pyramids or pyramid-like constructs. In the ancient world the only way to erect a massive building was to start very large at the bottom and taper toward the top, and that's the end of that mystery.

Sorry to be such a party-pooper. I've been perusing this discussion for a while and felt I ought to address some of the things that are not supported by the historical record.

The Egyptians never used "huge reed boats" for the open-sea sailing that they did conduct, in the eastern Mediterranean and western Red Sea. They used ships they had crafted from cedar or spruce or other woods obtained through ancient Byblos (Lebanon). The papyrus skiffs they made were only temporary and were used for hunting or recreational activities on the Nile and in the Delta tributaries. A boat made of papyrus could not possibly survive for long in the open ocean.

I am aware of the controversy about how far Egyptians boats could or could not sail and am sitting on the fence on that one.

Let's adhere to known anthropological and philological evidence. Cro Magnon man appeared around 40,000 years ago died out, I think, about 10,000 years ago. Evidence of true writing does not appear until around 3,300 BCE, in the Uruk Period of protohistoric southern Iraq, at the site of E-Anna.

They are not talking about true writing, they say 'writing system', which in the 2 photos is shown as what appears to be writing symbols rather than pictures. Cro Magnon didn't really die out as such, but intermingled with modern Europeans and the unique Spanish Basque people show signs of being the closest in language to the Cro Magnons.

Dreamtime monsters

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v.../aborigines.asp

Others, however, may have reference to real creatures, the Aborigines even insisting on their past ‘flesh-and-blood’ existence. Some of them are reminiscent of animals regarded as prehistoric, which supposedly became extinct tens of thousands, or even millions of years ago.

Aborigines did not keep written records—their knowledge and traditions were passed orally from one generation to the next.3 Such oral traditions tend not to last more than a few hundred years without being distorted out of recognition.4 This would suggest that some of these animals may have still been living in Australia some two to three hundred years ago, or even more recently.

Such a conclusion may surprise many, but it would explain why documented encounters with similar monsters post-date the time of European settlement.

The Geelong Bunyip

For instance, the Geelong Advertiser, of Victoria, Australia, reported in July 1845 about the finding of unfossilized bone forming part of the knee joint of some gigantic animal. The paper reported showing it to an Aboriginal they regarded as particularly intelligent. He identified it immediately as a ‘bunyip’ bone, and unhesitatingly drew the picture reproduced on page 25 of this Creation Ex Nihilo issue.

When the bone was shown to other Aboriginal people who ‘had no opportunity of communicating with each other,’ they all instantly recognized the bone and the picture as being of a ‘bunyip,’ a common word in some Aboriginal languages for a frightening monster. They gave detailed, consistent accounts of where a few people they knew had been killed by one of these. The creature was said to be amphibious, laid eggs, and from the descriptions, appeared to combine ‘the characteristics of a bird and an alligator’—i.e. a bipedal reptile.

...but intermingled with modern Europeans and the unique Spanish Basque people show signs of being the closest in language to the Cro Magnons.

I missed the two photos you mentioned about the Cro Magnon "writing system" and have been back and forth in this thread without success. :angry: Would you mind directing me to their location, weareallsuckers? I'd appreciate it.

But what evidence do we have of the language spoken by Cro Magnons? Linguists have used the Indo-European language family to trace the languages of this tree back to their hypothetical beginning, and have been able to arrive at some theoretical vocabulary and basic grammatical rules that the language of origin may have used. Still, it is not possible to pin down the "mother language" to any specific group of people or specific location--yet.

On a separate note, while trying to track down those two photos I came across crystal sage's response to kerkinana walsky's declaration that "there are also no underground tunnel system under the Egyptian pyramids." Naturally this caused me to do a double-take. Goodness! My strongest field of study is in ancient Egypt and while I don't support the alternative theories espoused here at UM about ancient Egypt or the rest of the Near East, crystal sage provided adequate proof about tunnel systems below Egyptian pyramids. In fact, of the 80 or more pyramids built by the Egyptians in the Old Kingdom alone, nearly all of them contain at least one underground tunnel. That was the norm. Even the Great Pyramid, whose corridors are mostly within the mass of the structure, has one underground tunnel, albeit never finished.

However, should anyone such as kerkinana walsky ever doubt the underground tunnels of Egyptian pyramids, I would offer that the best example is the Dynasty 3 pyramid complex of Djoser. Here's a decent Tour Egypt article about it. Under this pyramid espeically, the tunnel system is extensive!

I missed the two photos you mentioned about the Cro Magnon "writing system" and have been back and forth in this thread without success. :angry: Would you mind directing me to their location, weareallsuckers? I'd appreciate it.

http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page2.htm scroll down to Voyaging was Commonplace in Ancient Times. I'd like to address your Cro-Magnon questions but am a bit rushed for time now, I'll get back to them soon.

I think I've found them. Is it this photograph? I admit I don't know what to make of them, but I'm curious to know the evidence that makes the date of 10,000 years credible. Something like this is relatively easy to fake--just look at the ossuary of James in Israel, which was far more expertly prepared by a forger but still utlimately established as a fraud. The repetition of the circle with the slash is interesting. Are there other sites with these markings? It would require a much larger body of evidence to establish if it is indeed anything close to a writing system.

I noticed this photo a little earlier and it offers more evidence that at least this inscription is a fraud. The boxes drawn around the two royal names (Khufu at left and his father Sneferu at right) are known as serekhs. The manner of inscribing the royal titulary of any king was firmly established by this time (Dynasty 4), and the serekh was used to inscribe a king's Horus name. Sneferu's Horus name was Nebmaat and Khufu's was Medjedu. Neither "Sneferu" nor "Khufu" would've been written inside a serekh but, rather, were written inside a cartouche.

Further, above Sneferu's name in the photo is a duck and a sun disk. These two spell out "Son of Re," a royal epithet designating a king's birth or personal name (nomen) to distinguish it from his throne name (prenomen). The Son of Re epithet did not even exist in Egypt till Djedefre, who reigned after Khufu. LOL And it doesn't help the forger's credibility that the "Son of Re" glyphs are facing the wrong way! So are the nswt-bity ("King of Upper and Lower Egypt") glyphs above Khufu's name.

This is clearly the work of a forger who had only a crude understanding of ancient Egyptian history and language.

Dreamtime monsters

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v.../aborigines.asp

Others, however, may have reference to real creatures, the Aborigines even insisting on their past ‘flesh-and-blood’ existence. Some of them are reminiscent of animals regarded as prehistoric, which supposedly became extinct tens of thousands, or even millions of years ago.

Aborigines did not keep written records—their knowledge and traditions were passed orally from one generation to the next.3 Such oral traditions tend not to last more than a few hundred years without being distorted out of recognition.4 This would suggest that some of these animals may have still been living in Australia some two to three hundred years ago, or even more recently.

Such a conclusion may surprise many, but it would explain why documented encounters with similar monsters post-date the time of European settlement.

The Geelong Bunyip

For instance, the Geelong Advertiser, of Victoria, Australia, reported in July 1845 about the finding of unfossilized bone forming part of the knee joint of some gigantic animal. The paper reported showing it to an Aboriginal they regarded as particularly intelligent. He identified it immediately as a ‘bunyip’ bone, and unhesitatingly drew the picture reproduced on page 25 of this Creation Ex Nihilo issue.

When the bone was shown to other Aboriginal people who ‘had no opportunity of communicating with each other,’ they all instantly recognized the bone and the picture as being of a ‘bunyip,’ a common word in some Aboriginal languages for a frightening monster. They gave detailed, consistent accounts of where a few people they knew had been killed by one of these. The creature was said to be amphibious, laid eggs, and from the descriptions, appeared to combine ‘the characteristics of a bird and an alligator’—i.e. a bipedal reptile.

That cannot be right. Indigenous Australian tribes all have a different depiction of the Bunyip. Some Aborigines describe it as having tusks, some tribes say it has flippers, and some even claim it has a tail like a horse.

How can they all recognise the same bone from a creature they all envisage differently?

Three theories attempt to interpret the bunyip, one is that it was a Diprotodon, an Ice-Age marsupial that co-existed with the early Aborigines before becoming extinct. Another theory is that Bunyips are seals, that somehow made it far inland, or crocodiles. A third explanation is that many tramps and vagrants took to the road during the depression, and may have been living near bodies of water to survive, perpetuating the myth of the Bunyip.

None of the above are true, the Bunyip is from the time of dreaming. It exists in legend and can only be understood by understanding the culture. Here you can find some indigenous stories of the Bunyip.

I think I've found them. Is it this photograph? I admit I don't know what to make of them, but I'm curious to know the evidence that makes the date of 10,000 years credible. Something like this is relatively easy to fake--just look at the ossuary of James in Israel, which was far more expertly prepared by a forger but still utlimately established as a fraud. The repetition of the circle with the slash is interesting. Are there other sites with these markings? It would require a much larger body of evidence to establish if it is indeed anything close to a writing system.

I noticed this photo a little earlier and it offers more evidence that at least this inscription is a fraud. The boxes drawn around the two royal names (Khufu at left and his father Sneferu at right) are known as serekhs. The manner of inscribing the royal titulary of any king was firmly established by this time (Dynasty 4), and the serekh was used to inscribe a king's Horus name. Sneferu's Horus name was Nebmaat and Khufu's was Medjedu. Neither "Sneferu" nor "Khufu" would've been written inside a serekh but, rather, were written inside a cartouche.

Further, above Sneferu's name in the photo is a duck and a sun disk. These two spell out "Son of Re," a royal epithet designating a king's birth or personal name (nomen) to distinguish it from his throne name (prenomen). The Son of Re epithet did not even exist in Egypt till Djedefre, who reigned after Khufu. LOL And it doesn't help the forger's credibility that the "Son of Re" glyphs are facing the wrong way! So are the nswt-bity ("King of Upper and Lower Egypt") glyphs above Khufu's name.

This is clearly the work of a forger who had only a crude understanding of ancient Egyptian history and language.

I'll admit I was a sucker for the heiroglyphics in Gosford until I saw one of them that looks just like a stick figure man, it then became apparent they were fakes to me, I believe you know what you are talking about above, but, just hypothetically....is a stick figure man part of any heiroglyphic writings? See pic I attached. (Oops I attached same pic twice)

Yes, the pic you linked is one of them. Yes, petroglyphs are very hard to date. <a href="http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/date/shared_...s/pilbarawa.pdf" target="_blank">http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/date/shared_...s/pilbarawa.pdf</a> That link gives an idea on how they are dating Western Australian petroglyphs. As for the petroglyphs if you look at them carefully I don't actually see a similarity, if you look closely you can see the Aborginal ones are distinct circles with a line through but the North American one is like 2 halves of a circle joined at the middle line/slash. You can see the halves don't actually join like a complete circle would, secondly I really don't know why Cro-Magnon is mentioned, from what I know Cro-Magnon man was never in Nth America or Australia. Unless they mean this style with circle/slash originated in France in Cro-Magnon era? Is there something I am missing in the link between Cro-Magnon and the 2 pictures do you think? Here's the site again to save you looking. (There is this sentence which could mean they are found where Cro-Magnon man was in Europe but no mention is made of this specifically - They are similar in design to other petroglyphs of a similar age found throughout the world) <a href="http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page2.htm" target="_blank">http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page2.htm</a> Let me know what you make of it.

They left a trail of names prefixed with Ur, stretching across South America to Lake Titicaca. Some of these people, known as 'Children of the Sun' in South America, took the religion of Ra into the Pacific, where it manifested itself in island names such as the island of Ra'iatea (Sun people white) and the pyramid of Maha'iatea (Many people white).

Can you let me know also what you make of the above. Being familiar with Ra you may have an alternative explanation to this.

PS: Quick run down on The Shining Ones

"...The geologist Christian O'Brien argued that these [ancient Hebrew and Sumerian] texts describe a race of beings called Shining Ones - his translation of the Hebrew word Elohim. These beings created modern humans from earlier human forms by genetic manipulation. Some of these beings, called Watchers, mated with humans, and this was considered a crime by the Shining Ones. One of the Watchers was named Shemjaza, and Yahweh was one of the Shining Ones. O'Brien argued that the Shining Ones were superior but mortal beings of unknown origin." <a href="http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/elohim.html" target="_blank">http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/elohim.html</a>

post-50813-1194869623_thumb.jpg

post-50813-1194870114_thumb.jpg

Edited by weareallsuckers

I was told the goverment in Australia is trying to cover this, and a small pyramid was destroyed back in the 1950's what do you guys know about this?

I never heard about it, Clothears60. I'll see what I can find for you. Since I'm always nice like that.

Unless someone finds it first.

I was told the goverment in Australia is trying to cover this, and a small pyramid was destroyed back in the 1950's what do you guys know about this?

I dont know anything about it! Tell me something about it!

Well, I know a bit about all this after being on this thread for months..........some of the things mentioned are seemingly fakes and much false info on everything from the hieroglyphics to the Gympie pyramid abound on websites, I've read the Gympie pyramid was demolished in the 1950's and only some of it is still there now, whether that's true or not I cannot verify. I've sorted and sorted and am still trying to sort fact from fiction here BUT I do know the Aboriginal land claims and such (Mabo) do create headaches for the Government if it was proven anyone was here besides Aboriginals. That's also why it's hushed up that African Negroid pygmies were in Australia before Aboriginals.

Edited by weareallsuckers

I have heard of the pyramid at Gympie and from what I know it still exists, although it has been vandalised extensively. I had no idea there were other pyramids in the area once upon a time and I grew up a couple of hours drive from Tin Can Bay (it's a lovely part of the world, by the way). So I looked and found a couple of things:

"The Pyramids at Tin Can Bay were also destroyed, bulldozed into the ocean by the army in the 1950's." source and another. Dodgy sources, I know, but it is all I could find.

This site discusses a book and has some cool pics: here

I don't know anything about the government trying to cover it up and I won't bother trying to find that at the moment as we are close to a federal election and the bull is flying thick and fast. There are plenty of people willing to whinge about something sinister that the government is up to.

Avs

In the twenty years I've been studying ancient Egypt and the rest of the Near East, I have never once heard any of the vetted and respected scholars in the field say anything like this. In fact, they know the opposite to be true. The Egyptians were never fond of open-sea sailing and remained near coastal areas, and there would never have been any reason for them to attempt a transatlantic voyage in the first place--all the raw materials and minerals they needed and which Egypt itself did not possess, were available in African countries directly to the south, the Levant and its environs to the northeast, or Mesopotamia and Iran farther out.

Check this out. http://www.greatdreams.com/thor.htm

Thor heyerdahl is just one of the people who has proved that egyptian reed boats are capable of transatlantic travel.

Some germans have done it recently too but the name escapes me.