Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

4 hours ago, crystal sage said:

You have to at least credit that the archeologists who write about this can tell a new bit of graffiti from ancient work.. http://wakeup-world.com/2014/10/14/hieroglyphics-experts-declare-ancient-egyptian-carvings-in-australia-authentic/   Not all of the fellow travelers would have been as gifted in carving the commemoration of the visit and telling the story of the death... they did the best that they could do in traumatic times.. they probably drew straws as to who would engrave the message.. ;) 

They aren't Egyptologists.  The "Kemet School" doesn't know much about Egypt (and this is rather clear)  They are psychics.

Ibrahim knows some Egyptology but he's using Budge's dictionary (which has a lot of errors) and he's incorrect about the meaning of Gardiner A51.  He doesn't seem to recognize words, either.  Nor are they "hieroglyphic experts."   My teachers at the University of Manchester are experts and can read them as easily as you read these words.  He stumbles along the sign lists, and never identifies words or sentences and he doesn't understand that the signs are bidirectional.

He's as well educated as any of the professional guides (that's his profession) but while they can RECITE what they're told is on the temple walls and other areas, they can't actually read the writing.  I noticed this when I went to Egypt.

2 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Okay thanks. I had just a theory til you confirmed it. Im sure there should be more. I think an expedition is in order. 

Bon Voyage !  

Watch out for Habitat's cannibal Aboriginals ! 

Here's a story about a real Egyptologist (with research and teaching chops) who says (like other Egyptologists) that the site is a hoax.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-14/glyphs-reax/4428134

But Professor Ockinga, who first saw the inscriptions 20 years ago, says there are many reasons why they are not accepted as genuine hieroglyphics.

"First of all the way they're cut is not the way ancient Egyptian rock inscriptions are produced, they're very disorganised," he said.

"There's also a problem with the actual shapes of the signs that are used.

"There's no way people would've been inscribing texts from the time of Cheops from the signs that weren't invented until 2500 years later.

"That's a chronological discrepancy," he said.

In other words symbols from Egyptian eras thousands of years apart have been grouped together.

He says it also doesn't made sense why the Ancient Egyptians would be at that particular site.

"If by any chance they had reached Australia, you'd expect them to land on the west coast rather than over on the east coast," he said.

The Macquarie University Professor, along with many others, has his own explanation for the mysterious inscriptions.

Professor Boyo Ockinga says it is likely the engravings were made in the 1920s, when there was widespread interest in ancient Egypt after the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun

His comments mirror my own comments when I first saw the sites - bad mixture of signs, signs from wrong eras lumped together, signs that were made by people who thought the Egyptians wrote in cartoon symbols.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Bon Voyage !  

Watch out for Habitat's cannibal Aboriginals ! 

I'd be more frightened of Charles K.

2 hours ago, crystal sage said:

Just to be clear ? Are you claiming that the Ray Johnson that is cited as being the expert in an ancient form of hieroglyphics and 'translated' the Gosford  script ( as sad by you earlier ) is the same W. Ray Johnson of the 'Chicago House Luxor'  ? 

Or did you do a search on the name Ray Johnson - Egyptologist   and found the one at the Chicago Institute . 

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-14/glyphs-reax/4428134

So the National Parks and Wildlife Service says the inscriptions are not authentic 

So "amateur researchers" in this case read "noone with any actual qualifications in reading, writing or translating AE hieroglyphs" have sparked new interest with their BS translations and story. Looks like Round # ??? is coming through for another try at relevancy to the AE language. :rolleyes:

As group leader of said amateur researchers there has been nothing shown to suggest Strong himself can do anything mentioned in the previoius sentence regarding AE language with any competence. Why is this not surprising?

cormac

Well, Strong does have qualifications ....

he was a primary school teacher at Mullumbimby , not sure what happened  with that .  

Ah .....  Mullumbimby !.....  I  remember Mullim'  

Related image

Is that Stephen Strong in the background ? 

Related image

Image result for steven strong reptilian aliens

This is where the 'Australia as the center  from which the world's culture emerged. '  stuff comes from .   And the idea of Aboriginals travelling the world and spreading their culture all over the place ... their culture of monumental stone building and pyramid construction.

Raving ratbags !

Mullimbimby had produced many wonder ... most famous was ..... and I am being deadly serious now , any mid  east coast local will tell you ...

Mullumbimby Madness  !     Woop woop  !      In the 80s in Sydnet even it was famous , down there  we would be waiting for the 'North Coast Mail' to arrive .

But dont take my word for it folks ... just gogoogle !

Mullumbimby Madness ;.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Mullumbimby+Madness&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU699AU699&espv=2&biw=911&bih=425&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijv5-jxsDPAhXFkJQKHVihCdgQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=_

Wooop     wooop   .... 

I am only familiar with Mullumbimby Sedge, another pest, like the suspects above !

Just found this...  http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ruins-of-ancient-city-discovered-in-australian-desert/

Alice Springs| A team of archaeologists working for the Australian National University, who were proceeding to an excavation near the sandstone rock formation of Uluru, has unearthed the ruins of a large precolonial city dating back to more than 1500 years ago

I haven't heard of this at all before.. so gather it is shifty.. or hidden..

Edited by crystal sage
just adding info :)

What I find interesting in this.. is that a modern  geoglyph  that can be seen from space  only lasts a few decades.. yet he ancients were able to construct theirs to last thousands of years !!!!  How did they do it ???  http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/what-happened-to-the-marree-man-mysterious-south-australia-geoglyph-wiped-off-map/news-story/a0d473023ccb57c18ccd2042ed384fab

The legend of Gympie is a fascinating story that many are still trying to interpret today. The main questions asked are - who, where and what does the legend refer to - and when did the events take place. Perhaps you can help solve the mystery. All that we know is that it refers (through its original three-part format of storytelling by the early clans) to an old land by the name of Dha’mu’ri; strange pyramid references; Sky Gods, Spirits and Ancestral Beings; original clan names and old places; family class systems and rituals; ancient clan territories; unidentified language terminologies, legends, songs and chants; and who were the descendents of the ancient Ka’bi clans.

http://www.warriors.egympie.com.au/legendgympie.html

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

Bogong Moth silk ? 

This sounds like a sunrise industry for the new economy.

map-of-egypt-in-arabic-and-english.jpg  and the above map of ancient routes   from Egypt to Australia !!!!     It was done.. over 50,000 years ago... and then  there is Indian  ,  Philippine and other DNA in the Aboriginal people....  that go back over 4000 years and beyond.. ... these migrations and possible trade routes definitely happened...

Some interesting ideations... here...   https://books.google.com.au/books?id=lEleBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT184&lpg=PT184&dq=Legends+of+the+aborigines+tell+of+white+men+living+in+the+city+thousands+of+years+ago.&source=bl&ots=0QKcuMIa_1&sig=6pPfYMqPu4dULbgtQRpPZnvEUXs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipo8uL8JnLAhVFHpQKHcolBPkQ6AEISDAI#v=onepage&q=Legends of the aborigines tell of white men living in the city thousands of years ago.&f=false

I don't buy it. The Australian aborigines don't walk like an Egyptian.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crystal sage said:

Quoting a fraud from Barry Fell.

Fell is a poor source, Crystal. He was booted out of the Epigraphic Society, even though he founded it.

Harte

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Nice story but I would suggest you look at the alleged sent by Necho II to circumnavigate Africa. The Egyptian pharaoh sent Phoenicians. You can also look at Hatshepsut's expedition to punt and comment by Egyptians who traveled to Lebanon. 

Here is a question for you based on your knowledge of AE shipbuilding: how long would it have taken for an AE ship to have journey to and from that part of Australia?

depends ,   sail power  .........  

...... or geyser power ? 

4 hours ago, crystal sage said:

" ...  to an old land by the name of Dha’mu’ri; strange pyramid references; Sky Gods, Spirits and Ancestral Beings .... " 

Where are the alleged 'strange pyramid references ' in the  'legend' that they quoted above this reference to pyramids ?

Edited by back to earth

3 hours ago, crystal sage said:

map-of-egypt-in-arabic-and-english.jpg  and the above map of ancient routes   from Egypt to Australia !!!!     It was done.. over 50,000 years ago... and then  there is Indian  ,  Philippine and other DNA in the Aboriginal people....  that go back over 4000 years and beyond.. ... these migrations and possible trade routes definitely happened...

Some interesting ideations... here...   https://books.google.com.au/books?id=lEleBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT184&lpg=PT184&dq=Legends+of+the+aborigines+tell+of+white+men+living+in+the+city+thousands+of+years+ago.&source=bl&ots=0QKcuMIa_1&sig=6pPfYMqPu4dULbgtQRpPZnvEUXs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipo8uL8JnLAhVFHpQKHcolBPkQ6AEISDAI#v=onepage&q=Legends of the aborigines tell of white men living in the city thousands of years ago.&f=false

Are you now just posting randow pics and saying whatever ?    How does that map show  a route to Australia  

:huh:

and why does Steven Strong always look so pained and wincing  , as if he just watched one of his own youtubes 

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

and why does Steven Strong always look so pained and wincing  , as if he just watched one of his own youtubes 

Cranial constipation. :lol:

cormac

• Like 1

12 hours ago, back to earth said:

Just to be clear ? Are you claiming that the Ray Johnson that is cited as being the expert in an ancient form of hieroglyphics and 'translated' the Gosford  script ( as sad by you earlier ) is the same W. Ray Johnson of the 'Chicago House Luxor'  ? 

Or did you do a search on the name Ray Johnson - Egyptologist   and found the one at the Chicago Institute . 

Let's do be very clear on this. The Australian Ray Johnson has no Egyptological training, is not an Egyptologist, and has no academic credibility or standing. He's a pretender. I'm not certain if he's even still alive.

Ray Johnson of the Chicago House, the Luxor headquarters of the Oriental Institute (University of Chicago), is very much indeed a trained and respected Egyptologist and a leading expert in epigraphy. I've met him. He has no connection with the Australian pretender other than sharing the same name, and has himself gone on record as stating the Gosford glyphs are a hoax.

There is nothing remotely relevant or authentic about the hoax at Gosford, and no one with the proper training and experience believes otherwise.

• Like 2