Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

they also mentioned many other tribes, too. what exactly is your point? 

Right in my post - which you quoted - I mention that the other groups are mostly unidentified.

You don't care to understand anyone's point, apparently.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Is this really a thing? Is there, or has there ever been any solid evidence tom support this idea?

Not really. People do dream however. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Is this really a thing? Is there, or has there ever been any solid evidence tom support this idea?

Solid evidence? Definitely not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Solid evidence? Definitely not.

You don’t even know what he is referring to so how can you have such a definite answer for Trelane? I feel that hijacking a question for your own agenda is downright disingenuous. Please stop it!

Fact is it’s unimportant whether Homer was real or not. The story is backed up by archeological fact WHICH you yourself said “Homer” would not have known. 

I have provided a link that I suggest you read carefully.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

What is really a thing?

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You don’t even know what he is referring to so how can you have such a definite answer for Trelane? I feel that hijacking a question for your own agenda is downright disingenuous. Please stop it!

Fact is it’s unimportant whether Homer was real or not. The story is backed up by archeological fact WHICH you yourself said “Homer” would not have known. 

I have provided a link that I suggest you read carefully.

He's got to be talking about ancient Egyptians in Australia. At least that's what I was thinking, and I stand by my answer until he posts to describe somethig different.

I commented on your paper earlier, amd mentioned I found it interesting. The gist of it is, Homer got some things right but maby details wrong. Can we set this aside now and stick to Australia?

Edited by kmt_sesh
Adding stuff about Homer.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

What is really a thing?

We have to start by defining what “is” is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That's so complicated, Mr. Clinton.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hi SWOH

I think that we can narrow it down significantly if we subtract what is not.

jmccr8

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

that’s simple... i imagine it’s the most common word used. 

57 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

He's got to be talking about ancient Egyptians in Australia. At least that's what I was thinking, and I stand by my answer until he posts to describe somethig different.

I commented on your paper earlier, amd mentioned I found it interesting. The gist of it is, Homer got some things right but maby details wrong. Can we set this aside now and stick to Australia?

Well I’m both surprised and relieved at your answer but in future you shouldn’t commit yourself to an answer until you’re sure of the question.

unfortunately we see far too much of that here.

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What is really a thing?

That there is some proposal that there was AE contact in Australia in the distant past. Until I fully read this thread I thought it was a massive troll job.

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I can only imagine how correcting me is such a big accomplishment for you. Really I don’t mind.

Big? No.

Satisfying? Immensely.

Being a straight male, that thought process might be tricky for you.

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

That there is some proposal that there was AE contact in Australia in the distant past. Until I fully read this thread I thought it was a massive troll job.

unlike the tobacco and cocaine that AE got through South America there is absolutely nothing in this Australian link. 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:30 AM, Harte said:

It is a point of contention whether Homer ever existed, so I wouldn't use his "living within verbal memory of an event" as a point in any argument.

Harte

Homer. the writer existed.

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Homer. the writer existed.

history credits him with the Troy saga. his books are on sale. unfortunately for Homer no book and movie royalties.  

Homer’s existence has been in doubt for years. In fact, there’s an academic field of inquiry that examines everything involving Homer called the “Homeric Question.” Homer has puzzled just about every scholar who has studied him for the simple reason that there isn’t much to study. There’s no reliable historical information about him. “Who was Homer, if there was a Homer?” asked Martin West of Oxford University in 2010. “When and where did he live? Did one poet produce both epics, or was there a different poet for each? Or was there in each case a succession of poets, or a syndicate of poets and redactors?”

But the reasoning that supports Nicolson’s theory is different from most. There’s a general consensus among scholars that Homer — if there was a Homer — lived sometime during the 8th century B.C. This was already a problematic conclusion for many academics, given the fact the earliest “ascription of both poems to Homer can’t be traced further back than about 520 B.C.,” West wrote. “… A century or more after the poems came into existence.”

WaPo

Harte

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 4:30 AM, kmt_sesh said:

Homer went to Australia ??

So did the Greeks and Anatolians go, as well as the Egyptians?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Homer went to Australia ??

So did the Greeks and Anatolians go, as well as the Egyptians?

I thought everyone knew this.

Good Lord, how ignorant can you get? OF COURSE Homer went to Egypt!

After all, it was in a documentary:

simpsons-egypt.jpg

Harte

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

unlike the tobacco and cocaine that AE got through South America there is absolutely nothing in this Australian link. 

I thought that those items of contention were debunked as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I thought that those items of contention were debunked as well.

They have been debunked, thoroughly. We had a thread on that topic, too.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1