Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

41 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I thought that those items of contention were debunked as well.

Nah mate. I admit it’s weird and improbable but the scientific evidence speaks for itself. Cheers 

9 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Homer went to Australia ??

So did the Greeks and Anatolians go, as well as the Egyptians?

Homer did come to Australia and brought his entire family too. 

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=homer+gets+kicked+out+of+australia&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbr7qLzZrbAhUQ5LwKHaoGCV8Q_AUIEigC&biw=724&bih=320#imgrc=e-nDxX4gF6vQpM:

unfortunately his discourteous manner and rude behaviour almost set off a diplomatic incident.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Nah mate. I admit it’s weird and improbable but the scientific evidence speaks for itself. Cheers 

They were debunked. You just latched onto a paper that supported your position then disagreed with any counter evidence provided, as per usual. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I don't know about "debunked" in the strictest sense of the term.

However, it has been shown that there are other, more realistic, possibilities.

Harte

• Like 1

can we please please please lock this thread finally.. throw away the key.. there is never any new evidence.. lets just let it fade away and die

Upon further reflection I am inclined to consider that there may have been transoceanic trade in boomerangs between the Egyptians and the aboriginal population of Australia. The similarities between boomerangs and the throw sticks used to hunt waterfowl on the Nile Delta are uncanny.

I admit to initially being skeptical of the Gosford Glyphs. However, during a recent holiday excursion in Australia I had the opportunity to observe the glyphs first hand and cam personally attest to their authenticity.  My translation of the glyphs have revealed that the document describes a trading expedition during the reign of Khufu bearing gold, incense and natron in exchange for boomerangs, eucalyptus wood, and marsupial pelts.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Gosford glyphs also reveal the presence of an Egyptianized tribe of Aborigines whose king ordered the construction of a 200 foot high pyramid of red stone somewhere in the desert.

The questions you need to ask are:

How long have people been throwing sticks at things?

What is the optimal way to make a stick for throwing at something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with your above wholeheartedly. Which is why I was initially dismissive of the Gosford glyphs. However, I have had the privilege of examining and translating this unique document personally and am in a unique position to vouche for its authenticity.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oniomancer said:

The questions you need to ask are:

How long have people been throwing sticks at things?

What is the optimal way to make a stick for throwing at something?

Hi oniomancer

I believe archeology has identified the precursor of the throwing stick which oddly enough is called a stick who invented it is still an unknown, my bet is it was Cain.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I agree with your above wholeheartedly. Which is why I was initially dismissive of the Gosford glyphs. However, I have had the privilege of examining and translating this unique document personally and am in a unique position to vouche for its authenticity.

Are you trying to breathe new life into this stale old thread and its comical premise? You know, such a post is likely to excite and encourage the resident fringies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Are you trying to breathe new life into this stale old thread and its comical premise? You know, such a post is likely to excite and encourage the resident fringies.

LOL! Just figured I'd post a delayed April Fools joke.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

The Gosford glyphs also reveal the presence of an Egyptianized tribe of Aborigines whose king ordered the construction of a 200 foot high pyramid of red stone somewhere in the desert.

a aboriginal king??????????

laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

LOL! Just figured I'd throw a good joke in there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

LOL! Just figured I'd throw a good joke in there.

Mate that got me laughing .. thank you  

2 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Mate that got me laughing .. thank you  

Anytime. I highly doubt the advanced civilizations of the Old World during antiquity even knew of Australia's existence. The evidence is dubious to say the least.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Maybe that's why the Gosford glyphs come across as utter gibberish. They're not in ancient Egyptian but in one of the tongues of the ancient aborigines.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:20 PM, Trelane said:

That there is some proposal that there was AE contact in Australia in the distant past. Until I fully read this thread I thought it was a massive troll job.

It is a troll job.  They caught the guy who carved them (as has been explained many times) and since then, the site has been added to by others who think they can help the proof by putting Egyptian-looking stuff on the rock.

Anyone who's taken courses in Egyptology can spot that there's nothing genuine there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Who ARE you and what have you done with the REAL Lord Harry?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Who ARE you and what have you done with the REAL Lord Harry?

Never fear! I am still the strong bull, the guardian of Egyptological orthodoxy. In a light hearted moment I merely decided to play one of my classic pranks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

It is a troll job.  They caught the guy who carved them (as has been explained many times) and since then, the site has been added to by others who think they can help the proof by putting Egyptian-looking stuff on the rock.

Anyone who's taken courses in Egyptology can spot that there's nothing genuine there.

I did research for a four-part article in my blog about Gosford. I had the assistance of an Aussie from that area, who knows tons more than I do about its history. I can't recall all of the particulars (they're in my blog) but I recall that the glyphs started appearing in the 1970s. Or was it the '80s? That's CE, not BCE. I recall that it started among some college students, or some such. But I've never heard that someone was caught in the act.

Whatever the case, it's agreed the Gosford glyphs are fake. Anyone with any Egyptology training knows that for a fact. Moreover, several Egyptologists have weighed in and promounced them fake.

It's well understood that Gosford is a sloppy, half-witted hoax.

Nevertheless, that four-part article of mine generates more traffic on my blog than any of my other articles. It surprises me the degree of passion the fringe crowd brings to their beliefs about these fake glyphs.

Strangely, my next most-popular article is the one I did on circumcision in ancient Egypt. People seem too interested in that. :lol:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I did research for a four-part article in my blog about Gosford. I had the assistance of an Aussie from that area, who knows tons more than I do about its history. I can't recall all of the particulars (they're in my blog) but I recall that the glyphs started appearing in the 1970s. Or was it the '80s? That's CE, not BCE. I recall that it started among some college students, or some such. But I've never heard that someone was caught in the act.

Whatever the case, it's agreed the Gosford glyphs are fake. Anyone with any Egyptology training knows that for a fact. Moreover, several Egyptologists have weighed in and promounced them fake.

It's well understood that Gosford is a sloppy, half-witted hoax.

Nevertheless, that four-part article of mine generates more traffic on my blog than any of my other articles. It surprises me the degree of passion the fringe crowd brings to their beliefs about these fake glyphs.

Strangely, my next most-popular article is the one I did on circumcision in ancient Egypt. People seem too interested in that. :lol:

Well, it's not circumcision, but it was a surveyor https://www.ancient-code.com/5000-year-old-egyptian-hieroglyphs-found-australia/  (toward the bottom of the article.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Well, it's not circumcision, but it was a surveyor https://www.ancient-code.com/5000-year-old-egyptian-hieroglyphs-found-australia/  (toward the bottom of the article.)

Very good article, Kenemet. Thanks for posting. Yes, some of these details are coming back to me.

And yet, somehow, people still tend to believe in this hoax.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

His name is Ernest Dingo, you pleb.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Noticed a mistake in the first few paragraphs of the article. The author claims that most Egyptologists are unable to read the earliest version of the Egyptian script since they are trained to read Middle Egyptian and the progressively later scripts. This isn't true, as Old Egyptian differs relatively little from late Egyptian. The major differences being the former triples the determinative to indicate the plural and uses archaic, though nevertheless recognizable pronouns.

Edited: Djedefre reigned during the Fourth, NOT the Third Dynasty.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1