Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian evidence in Australia

The Puzzler

I went way, way back in this archaic thread started by Mrs. Puzzler, and discovered it must've been one of the very first discussions in which I took part at UM (I think it was on page 12). I think it was also where I first encountered Harte, which means my life was made complete on that day.

What a blast from the past!

It's an old subject but the Egyptians "visiting" Australia still pops up at UM.

I went way, way back in this archaic thread started by Mrs. Puzzler, and discovered it must've been one of the very first discussions in which I took part at UM (I think it was on page 12). I think it was also where I first encountered Harte, which means my life was made complete on that day.

What a blast from the past!

It's an old subject but the Egyptians "visiting" Australia still pops up at UM.

Some subjects recycle endlessly while some do age and become old fashioned, cranky but they never die - when was the last time (don't tell me its a rhetorical question) we had one on Velikovsky).

There are a few fans, but not any that argue his points actively in this forum. Mostly his cosmological views on the science and space forums.

I cant believe anyone would mistake this for a concentric city ???

Then you /seriously/ underestimate CS's credulity.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

I have a mining lease for Lasseter's Reef going cheap if he is interested.

earthroamer_30_july_2008_to_uluru_174.jpg

Edited by back to earth

Where...did you find a photo of my first apartment?

• Like 2

Thats 'Lassiters cave'

152.1.JPG

Wanna buy a copy of the map to the reef of gold

• Like 1

Looks like the cave from "The Genie from Down Under".

Here .... have a handful of bandicoots

tumblr_kvf4v70r731qzq8imo1_400.jpg

do you have some teriyaki sauce and rice noodles to go with them?

do you have some teriyaki sauce and rice noodles to go with them?

Oh no one never serves Bandicoot with noodles - their feet get entangled in the noodles - couscous always.

Pfft. The geyser hasn't worked for millennia. It was destroyed by the Mafdet Lynx.

Not familiar with the Mafdet lynx. Some sort of Hyrax?

Not familiar with the Mafdet lynx. Some sort of Hyrax?

YOU!

You're banned.

YOU!

You're banned.

That's too good for him. I recommend he be made to eat bad British pub food for three months - that is actually a death sentence but - he deserves it.

Hyrax

https://www.google.c...yMCFTNktRfaU9M=

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

You are always so wrong.

link

Your arrival and subsequent tenure is what allowed me to semi-retire from finding verbosely egocentric ways to ridicule fringe positions.

Now I just go with Vergina.

Thanks, kmt_sesh.

Harte

That pic is from the prequel to Beckett's hit play.

Title: "Waiting for Flintstone."

Harte

• Like 2

You are always so wrong.

link

Your arrival and subsequent tenure is what allowed me to semi-retire from finding verbosely egocentric ways to ridicule fringe positions.

Now I just go with Vergina.

Thanks, kmt_sesh.

Harte

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. It's funny because not long ago I was trying to find my very first post and knew that was it, but couldn't track it down. I'm terrible at searches.

I had to sit here and read that post. Crap, I was a tedious windbag from the very first. And how apropos is it that the very first person to reply to me was...cladking!

I see you in there but I don't see where you replied to me. What, did my post put you into a stupor? I had to laugh at some of the mega-fringe going in that discussion. The woo-woo and lack of common sense was staggering. Whatever happened to a lot of those posters? Did we scare them off?

Vergina.

They've all gotten, as my uncle would put it, sceered and angry. Ran off in a huff.

Thinking of signing back into my old ATS account for a bit of fun.

Dunno I have the stamina anymore, though.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. It's funny because not long ago I was trying to find my very first post and knew that was it, but couldn't track it down. I'm terrible at searches.

I had to sit here and read that post. Crap, I was a tedious windbag from the very first. And how apropos is it that the very first person to reply to me was...cladking!

I see you in there but I don't see where you replied to me. What, did my post put you into a stupor? I had to laugh at some of the mega-fringe going in that discussion. The woo-woo and lack of common sense was staggering. Whatever happened to a lot of those posters? Did we scare them off?

Vergina.

I didn't reply to you in there, but you mentioned me.

I hung back a while to see if you were the real deal.

At that time, I was desperate. It was hip deep here and very few others had waders.

As we both noted a couple of years later, the tide turned here and we "mainstreamers" had carved out a calm spot in the internet where we could stand.

They've all gotten, as my uncle would put it, sceered and angry. Ran off in a huff.

Thinking of signing back into my old ATS account for a bit of fun.

Dunno I have the stamina anymore, though.

I still post regularly there. It's not as rational as this place, but it's made a bit of progress lately. I talked Marduk into coming back - for entertainment as well as educational purposes.

Harte

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2007 at 11:38 AM, carlinspace said:

hi weareasllsuckers. I was reading this forum and thought I may as well register and leave a message. I live by those heiroglyphics (about 30km away). They are in the bush between Kariong and woy woy. I have known about them for over 10years now. I dont know if they are real or not (im not a scientist) but they are very convincing. I have shown alot of my friends theses heiroglyphs and they are all pretty stunned by it. Since the time Ive been going up there the following has happened. 1. Someone scraped moss away on one of the rocks (with the glyphs but on the eastern side) and revealed a sun (setting or rising) supposedly facing east (It looks facing east but i havent takena compass up there yet). Also at the top through a gap and around the side a bit someone has dug a 2metre deep whole that goes under the massive stones with the glyphs on them. I havent been down there it doesnt look safe enough. Also one of my fgriends told me he lit a fire inside an over hang there and the smoke went up through the rocks (he reckons it is hollow inside??). Recently (about 6months ago) I went up there and saw at the dirt line of the glyphs, half a glyph sticking out and i scraped away the dirt and it seemed to go down further. I'm going up there soon with a shovel to carefully dig down a bit and see how much further down it goes. I've met a couple of local aboriginals up there (from some aboriginal board of trust or something) and they said it is common knowledge to them that people came on a boat with a heart beat (drums) and made friend with the local aboriginals. These people were egyptian and they came on a Phonecian boat that was damaged and for some reason unfixable.

A person I met once said his father found some caves in the Wondabyn area (near woy woy) in which he found an old coin. That guy is always camping up there (i hike through there often) and is looking for those caves. I went looking with him once but never found anything.

As far as no one knowing about it goes, the Australian Government (being British Commonwealth) doesn't recognise anything non-aboriginal as it will alter British historical fact.

I dont know how real any of this is but I believe it and thought you might want to know about it.

Although, many an academic and researcher have argued over the glyphs authenticity,  many don't consider the fact that most Egyptologists are all trained to read Middle Egyptian and upward -  The classic Egyptian dictionaries deal with Middle Egyptian glyphs only.   Only as recent as 2012 was an updated version released, containing many symbols never published previously.  Therefore, any translations up until now, have been achieved using only one or two reference books, that of Alan Gardiner and Wallis Budge, thus bringing much skepticism to the authenticity  of the glyphs as a number of the symbols could not be located using the limited resources,  yet they exist upon various Temple walls in Egypt. 

Before the invention of the hieroglyphic alphabet, the hieroglyphic texts consisted of thousands of signs, of which the ancient Egyptian scholars and priesthood, as much as 4000 years ago pondered over and tried to find the meanings. Just as in these modern times, so in those times scholars came from all over the then known world to try to solve the riddle of these ancient scripts. EA Wallis Budge, in the forming of his dictionary consisting of thousands of hieroglyphic words, has this to say......

The professional copyists of the book of the Dead, and the monastic scribes who laboriously transcribed coptic, syriac, arabic, and ethiopic texts in Egypt, Ethiopia and Syria, made many mistakes, mis-spelt words of the archetypes in their copies, omitted whole lines, and made nonsense of many passages by omitting parts of words and mixing together remaining parts. Many many years must pass before the perfect Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary can or will, be written, and meanwhile the present work may serve as a stop-gap. - EA Budge

This shows us that,  no matter what translation any researcher comes up with, it will always be open to conjecture, as the dictionaries themselves are not full proof. 

Ray Johnson spent some years researching the area and is credited with translating extremely ancient texts for the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo, he was successful in documenting and translating both of the walls.   According to Ray Johnson, the hieroglyphs tell the story of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in Ancient Australia.   His translation tells the story of a tragic voyage resulting in the unfortunate death of their expedition leader and of his traditional burial tomb nearby.

It's good to note that many renown translators are flying by the seats of their pants.. and as I mentioned before ever thought of hieroglyphic graffiti ... It would not always have been proper scribes.. engravers who left hieroglyphic messages.. some might have made some errors.. there could have even been some hieroglyphic slang symbols.. different cultural meanings to various symbols of their times.. compared to ours.. note how quickly meaning of our English words get repurposed.. when new cultural influences  are of fashion.. their new play or story  may have created new meanings for words.. just like we now have new meanings for "Winter is coming" .. or "really sick" ... "hot" in many forms... 'Selfies'... 'Gay' .. doesn't always mean frolicking happiness any more.. I bet 50 years from now there will be more new meanings for words..   So ideations that these hieroglyphs portrayed need to be measured against any history of the times.. and the corroborating histories of other nations during the same time frames.. .. to fully understand their meanings..

Any visiting Egyptians back in the day would have become bush tucker, throw another one on the barbie.

2 hours ago, crystal sage said:

It's good to note that many renown translators are flying by the seats of their pants.. and as I mentioned before ever thought of hieroglyphic graffiti ... It would not always have been proper scribes.. engravers who left hieroglyphic messages.. some might have made some errors.. there could have even been some hieroglyphic slang symbols.. different cultural meanings to various symbols of their times.. compared to ours.. note how quickly meaning of our English words get repurposed.. when new cultural influences  are of fashion.. their new play or story  may have created new meanings for words.. just like we now have new meanings for "Winter is coming" .. or "really sick" ... "hot" in many forms... 'Selfies'... 'Gay' .. doesn't always mean frolicking happiness any more.. I bet 50 years from now there will be more new meanings for words..   So ideations that these hieroglyphs portrayed need to be measured against any history of the times.. and the corroborating histories of other nations during the same time frames.. .. to fully understand their meanings..

HI CS ... do you have a source for this ;  "  Ray Johnson spent some years researching the area and is credited with translating extremely ancient texts for the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo, 

I mean . what makes you think Ray was  ' translating extremely ancient texts for the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo,  "  ?    It seems central to back up your claim, so it would be great to see that source cited .

Thanks . 

Edited by back to earth
typos

44 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Any visiting Egyptians back in the day would have become bush tucker, throw another one on the barbie.

Are you saying Guringgai / Darkinjung  were cannibals ? 

...i got to say that it is strange to assume that no others before the Dutch and the English discovered Australia. Australia sits south of South East Asia, India, China and the Middle East. So its not like we're at the **** end of the world. Surely some of those civilisations came across Australia. Maybe Arab or Chinese traders found their way either by accident of by design. Any signs of them to date have not been found. But to suggest that the ancient Egyptians did and landed on the East Coast of Australia no less, is bullchit. They were not traders of any great renown and poor sailors. 

Any prior contact would have been on the North and Western coasts of Australia. And not by people from the Middle sea.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, crystal sage said:

Except that...

* people saw other people writing these

* it's documented that there's no hieroglyphs on the site in the 1950's

* I've seen the symbols and I can read hieroglyphs (Budge is 120 years out of date, actually.)  No Egyptian of ancient times wrote those.  The people who did those thought that hieroglyphs were sort of a 'cartoon' for words instead of an actual alphabet that was used to write over 10,000 different words (like our Roman alphabet.)  The dictionary of Egyptian hieroglyphs (words) is four large (and expensive) books: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Deutsches-Worterbuch-German-dictionary

* I've also seen photos of real ancient Egyptian graffiti.  Looks nothing like this.

• Like 5