Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sells imaginary friend on eBay

jesspy

A Newport man is selling his imaginary friend on eBay - and has attracted bids of more than £1,550.

The sales pitch reads: "My imaginary friend Jon Malipieman is getting too old for me now. I am now 27 and I feel I am growing out of him.

"He is very friendly. Along with him, I will send you what he likes and dislikes, his favourite things to do and his personal self portrait."

The seller, who calls himself "thewildandcrazyoli" has received more than 20 questions from would-be buyers.

They include:

Q: I'm tempted to bid but, if I won the auction, how would I know if he showed up? I just don't want to get ripped off here. I hope you understand.

A: Yes, I understand. But I will not send you nothing, I will send you Jon conveniently folded in an envelope, with him will be written down his likes, his dislikes, his favourite things to do and his own personal self portrait.

Q: Last time I bought someone's imaginary friend, the friendship between us never materialised ... in fact, he rarely came around and hardly spoke to me at all !!! Can you assure me Jon will be different?

A: Jon says: Yes I will be different. I love making new friends and would talk to you so much you would get sick of me! I would tell you all my hobbies, interests, likes, dislikes etc...

Q: If we don't get along can I return him?

A: I'm sorry there are no refunds, but i can send you a new friend if he does not satisfy you.

Q: I'm quite musical but have no friends...does he play air guitar?

A: Yes, he's a professional air guitar player, and he would love to be your friend.

Q: Is he single?

A: Yes, he is single at the moment. He used to be a bit of a player (well, a lot of one) but he has out grown that phase and is looking to settle down in a nice relationship.

linky

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• Celumnaz

• my_psychosis

• Princess Serenity

Is the entire planet full of suckers or what?

Is the entire planet full of suckers or what?

lol probably

yeah it is

I wonder how much i would get for the voices in my head if i sold them on ebay?

Omg. What the heck? O_o; "I feel I am growing out of him." Dude! You should have grown out of him around 12-13 years at age.

lol probably

yeah it is

I'll start the bidding at 100 Zimbabwe Dollar's :D Or we could do an even trade the voices.

A: I'm sorry there are no refunds, but i can send you a new friend if he does not satisfy you.

hmmm... business opportunity for the imaginary friend factory... could have that factory set up and running in 3 sec.

Man my imaginary friend was called Telly lol

Well Coldethyl.....

not entirely full, but full enough so people respond to adds like this. Although in some respects I find it HILARIOUS to the extreme I am sure that there is some segment out there who really and truly thinks that their own personal Harvey will show up.

Money can't buy you love or happiness. Sheesh! Get out there and make your own imaginary friends. *rolls eyes*

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. David Lee Roth

Nice find Jesspy!

Giggling to myself,

Mabon.

I am now 27 and I feel I am growing out of him.

Oh man ... :rofl:

That is SO funny......I loved the way all the ebayers got into the spirit of the thing......but the highest bidder could be in for a shock if they don't realise that making a bid is entering into a legal agreement.

Maybe someone with cash is just heavily into the joke..? :lol:

I can't find it listed on ebay

can't find "thewildandcrazyoli" either

I can't find it listed on ebay

can't find "thewildandcrazyoli" either

Have you tried "imanginary friend?"

Could it be a prank?

yeah imaginary friend give 4 pages of hits... didn't take long to go through them, mostly clothing

ebay is dangerous for me... I like to shop :P

Last time I bought someone's imaginary friend, the friendship between us never materialised ... in fact, he rarely came around and hardly spoke to me at all !!! Can you assure me Jon will be different?

:mellow:

There's undoubtedly enough idiots in this world to allow me to retire in an extremely lavish style.

lol probably

yeah it is

Depends on how many voices you are trying to sell. Are you getting rid of all of them or just a few? lol

That's a ...... WTF!?!?! Well okay I'm not going to lie, my imaginary friend was a little Gizmo toy from Gremlins that always hung out in my pocket when I was six. Maybe I should find his little ass and put him up for adoption on Ebay. Profile: He likes pocket lent.

lol probably

yeah it is

lol. My voices are worth more than your voices. I know cause mine told me so. lol

Depends on how many voices you are trying to sell. Are you getting rid of all of them or just a few? lol

well i ned to get rid of them all my voice of reasoning is on extra special cause it kinda doesnt work

but yeah its a half price jesspy sale everything must go

plese note that the voices may ask you "to burn things" or tell you "its ok eat that last bit of chocolate cake it wont hurt"

The sales pitch reads: "My imaginary friend Jon Malipieman is getting too old for me now. I am now 27 and I feel I am growing out of him.

Hope he uses the money to move out of his parents basement.

[ Maybe I should find his little ass and put him up for adoption on Ebay. Profile: He likes pocket lent.

:lol: Maybe he's still in your pocket?

I think the guy is normal and knows it's not real. He just knows there are people in the world who will either fall for it or (if they can afford to) buy it just for shi#'s and giggles. If I had the money I would buy it just for a laugh. :D Put the envelope and list of likes and dislikes in a frame on the wall. Hey I never said I was normal. lol

well i ned to get rid of them all my voice of reasoning is on extra special cause it kinda doesnt work

but yeah its a half price jesspy sale everything must go

plese note that the voices may ask you "to burn things" or tell you "its ok eat that last bit of chocolate cake it wont hurt"

I'd bd on all of them except the one pushing the chocolate cake. Especially since my voices keep arguing with each other :rofl:

I'm just gutted i didn't think of it :ph34r:

:mellow:

There's undoubtedly enough idiots in this world to allow me to retire in an extremely lavish style.

you could put your imaginary,__________, & _____________. :devil::blush::ph34r: