Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

Wickian

Yes. Quite.

I can tell you with authority they don't. I can also tell you most instructors take it as point of honour not to let others dictate their syllabi or research, especially they older they get. I've certainly never got sealed orders from above telling me what I can and cannot teach.

So the people who lead the field -- who do the first-hand research, write it up, get it published -- don't really know what they're doing? Again, your total ignorance of what you're talking is manifest. History isn't some manner of repeating what other people tell you; it's a hands-on living field. What you're suggesting is almost literally impossible.

And a good thing, too, as it's clearly ridiculous.

Get ready for this: Cremo is a liar. It's that simple. It's in his interest to, so you'll go out and buy his books. So he can make royalties. Frankly, if your ideas about scientific cover-ups are as laughably ignorant as attempts at historical ones, it's not worth the effort to pick apart.

--Jaylemurph

Jaylemurph, i'm not saying that you are involved or ever have been or even knows someone who has been. And i'm not saying that everything taught in a history college class are all total lies. The facts get twisted, manipulated and erased at a much higher level before it even reaches you guys. So, like i said, for the most part know one suspects a thing... why should they?

Why is Darwins theory of evolution taught in schools as fact, it's not a fact it's a theory. There's something seriously wrong with that straight away.

There clearly is a filter and people have lost jobs over making anomalous artifacts public knowledge. These are both facts.

Ok, that's fair enough..Cremo's a liar. Everyones entitled to their own opinions. Could you tell me how Cremo's a liar or prove to me how Cremo's a liar?

Or is he just a liar because what he believes is radically different to what you believe?

Hocus said:

Speaking for why the Africans did it, i'm not sure, but that explanation sounds feasible. Though the Egyptians did it because that's what the Sun God's looked like, and these Sun God's were intelligent and wise. And so the egyptians wanted to be like these Sun gods and hence bashed their skull into the shapes seen on certain skeletons and in certain wall carvings. Though my theory is that there's a common link somewhere, that goes way back in time, between all the skull mishaping from different cultures and religons

Who were these Sun God's? They certainly weren't human... that's for sure.

And i doubt they were making it up... it's totally absurd saying they just made it up, that that's the filter at work again, just because modern science is at a loss to explain it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

People love to decorate their bodies, all over the world.

Have you ever checked the Papuans in New Guinea?? Why would they wear a bone in their nose, or a big shaft to support their private parts? Because they want to look like their gods who came down from heaven?

People just love to add things to their bodies and and change parts of their anatomy to be seen as special.

It's quite common that the heads of babies are misshaped after passing the narrow birth channel. People through the ages have noticed that, no doubt. But after a short time, the heads return to a normal shape. Well, it appears that many people from the past loved the way the heads of their newborns were shaped, and wanted their heads to stay that way, and so they binded the heads of their newborns to force their heads to change into the preferred shape.

You should have a talk with midwifes, and ask them how the skulls of some of the babies of their clients are shaped right after they are born.

Edited by Abramelin

Man, it's just great being drunk and reading the posts on this site at the same time.

• Like 1

1) I am a primary researcher. Who is manipulating the research I publish? It seems to get printed and distributed in the form in which it was submitted. And thus available to interested instructors in that form.

Please explain just who the "higher level" consists of and what their motivations are.

Cremo - How about we do it this way. One point at a time. You present one exact quote from Cremo (repeat exact) that you consider valid. It will then be addressed. This process can be repeated.

People love to decorate their bodies, all over the world.

Have you ever checked the Papuans in New Guinea?? Why would they wear a bone in their nose, or a big shaft to support their private parts? Because they want to look like their gods who came down from heaven?

People just love to add things to their bodies and and change parts of their anatomy to be seen as special.

It's quite common that the heads of babies are misshaped after passing the narrow birth channel. People through the ages have noticed that, no doubt. But after a short time, the heads return to a normal shape. Well, it appears that many people from the past loved the way the heads of their newborns were shaped, and wanted their heads to stay that way, and so they binded the heads of their newborns to force their heads to change into the preferred shape.

You should have a talk with midwifes, and ask them how the skulls of some of the babies of their clients are shaped right after they are born.

Again, you seem to be missing the point. Unless it's changed in the last few months, last time i checked, it ain't fun to bash your skull in fact quite the opposite, why would you bash your skull and put yourself through so much pain? For what, fun? So as to make it longer and mishapen. My point from this being, i doubt they would put themselves through such a painful and unpleasant experience for fun or decorations. There must have been a serious need or a serious being whom originally had a skull this shape. And they wished to be like this being and hence they bashed their skulls into this shape. Maybe what the ancients considered "Gods", what the Egyptians called Sun Gods, were.... dare i say it..... REAL?

These are the facts.

This BEING had a skull with twice the natural capacity of a human being and judging from where the atlas from the spine would have gone in, it would have been at least 12 ft tall. That's no human.

1) I am a primary researcher. Who is manipulating the research I publish? It seems to get printed and distributed in the form in which it was submitted. And thus available to interested instructors in that form.

Please explain just who the "higher level" consists of and what their motivations are.

Cremo - How about we do it this way. One point at a time. You present one exact quote from Cremo (repeat exact) that you consider valid. It will then be addressed. This process can be repeated.

Maybe you'd like to check out this site first..

http://www.mcremo.com/bi.html

As soon as I read something like "His divine grace" my hairs will stand up all over my body, and think : CULT.

Edited by Abramelin

Jaylemurph, i'm not saying that you are involved or ever have been or even knows someone who has been. And i'm not saying that everything taught in a history college class are all total lies. The facts get twisted, manipulated and erased at a much higher level before it even reaches you guys. So, like i said, for the most part know one suspects a thing... why should they?

Why is Darwins theory of evolution taught in schools as fact, it's not a fact it's a theory. There's something seriously wrong with that straight away.

There clearly is a filter and people have lost jobs over making anomalous artifacts public knowledge. These are both facts.

Ok, that's fair enough..Cremo's a liar. Everyones entitled to their own opinions. Could you tell me how Cremo's a liar or prove to me how Cremo's a liar?

Or is he just a liar because what he believes is radically different to what you believe?

That is truly ridiculous and totally unworkable. It is the people who teach that go and do the field work and they have people from all over the work. Sorry but that is completely illogical and badly thought out.

Oh dear taught as fact instead of theory, way to look **EDIT**. I'm mean that is seriously **EDIT**. Evolution is both fact and theory. A theory in science is a falsifiable factually based explanation for an observed phenomena. Evolution and speciation are both observable facts. **EDIT**

The governments of the world can't agree with each other and nor are they responsible for all the worlds archaeology.

But as to Cremo being a liar:

Homo sapiens sapiens being 2 billion years old: We aren't

He promotes a religious viewpoint as a scientific alternative

He claims carbon dating for dating dinosaur fossils, which is impossible on 2 counts

He says that "the missing link" is promoted with scientific work in evolution today, it isn't

Ignorance of parsimony

He claims conjecture as science, which is academic fraud

He is a fraud and religious fundamentalist idiot.

**Tone down the arrogance. If you want to teach, teach, but don't condescend.**

Edited by aquatus1
Inflammatory

Man, it's just great being drunk and reading the posts on this site at the same time.

Abramelin - Just keep the beer AWAY from the keyboard!

AGAIN, not all primary researchers are involved, not everyones involved, Swede. In fact quite the opposite... the fewer the better, the less people know.

These people who i speak of, they will have arrived on scene long before you guys arrive there, that's why there's this so called lack of evidence, it's gone before it's seen by anyone who would speak out.

Let me ask you something....would you speak out about an anomalous artifact you found if you knew it probably meant you'd lose your job?

Again, you seem to be missing the point. Unless it's changed in the last few months, last time i checked, it ain't fun to bash your skull in fact quite the opposite, why would you bash your skull and put yourself through so much pain? For what, fun? So as to make it longer and mishapen. My point from this being, i doubt they would put themselves through such a painful and unpleasant experience for fun or decorations. There must have been a serious need or a serious being whom originally had a skull this shape. And they wished to be like this being and hence they bashed their skulls into this shape. Maybe what the ancients considered "Gods", what the Egyptians called Sun Gods, were.... dare i say it..... REAL?

These are the facts.

This BEING had a skull with twice the natural capacity of a human being and judging from where the atlas from the spine would have gone in, it would have been at least 12 ft tall. That's no human.

If you read any science journals, you'd know that binding heads is not painful, and not bad for ones health. Period. Google it, goddamnit. I DID.

My picture showed that is was a human of normal proportions, but with a deformed skull.

The brain capacity may have been above normal, but what was inside that skull, eh? Brains? Or brains and fluid??

Edited by Abramelin

You're just not getting this, are you? There is no intermediary level to be manipulated in the field of history as you seem to think -- the people doing the work deal at first-hand with the facts themselves. It's them and the documents. What you're suggesting is tantamount to having some pointlessly mysterious Vague Society of Nebulous Meanie flunky there with a marker pen censoring the data as a historians reads it without the historian noticing. That's just not credible.

It seems to me that you don't even know enough to know you know nothing about what you're talking about.

Again, you don't actually cite any credible information to refute: unsourced, third-hand stories don't even need that, really, even if they are the fundamental building block of all CT.

As Swede points out, you haven't given us anything to refute. That's your onus. Give us something specific.

--Jaylemurph

Abramelin - Just keep the beer AWAY from the keyboard!

Why? When I am drunk, I am at the same level of many of those gullible people who post here.

But even then I have my thoughts about many things. I understand them a bit better, but I still don't believe them.

These are the facts.

Cranial binding occurs during the early stages of a child's life when the skeletal tissue is comparatively soft and subject to deformation. The bindings are applied with moderate pressure and reapplied and adjusted regularly as the cranial structure is shaped. There is nothing particularly painful or unpleasant in the process. And certainly nothing equating to "bashing".

Could you please provide a direct link to your information regarding the skull? All I get is the picture. By the way, the atlas and the axis are the first two cervical vertebrae, designed to allow for cranial rotation. The atlas doesn't go "in" to anything.

It should be noted the numerous skulls demonstrating similar deformation have been recovered from the region.

It should also be noted that cultures that have no "Sun God" mythology (such as Native American groups from the Northern Rocky Mountain Region) also practiced this beautification practice.

That is truly ridiculous and totally unworkable. It is the people who teach that go and do the field work and they have people from all over the work. Sorry but that is completely illogical and badly thought out.

Oh dear taught as fact instead of theory, way to look ignorant. I'm mean that is seriously embarrassing. Evolution is both fact and theory. A theory in science is a falsifiable factually based explanation for an observed phenomena. Evolution and speciation are both observable facts. Wrong is wrong is that you have no clue about science and you have gotten your information from idiots, frauds and lairs.

The governments of the world can't agree with each other and nor are they responsible for all the worlds archaeology.

But as to Cremo being a liar:

Homo sapiens sapiens being 2 billion years old: We aren't

He promotes a religious viewpoint as a scientific alternative

He claims carbon dating for dating dinosaur fossils, which is impossible on 2 counts

He says that "the missing link" is promoted with scientific work in evolution today, it isn't

Ignorance of parsimony

He claims conjecture as science, which is academic fraud

He is a fraud and religious fundamentalist idiot.

I stated i'm talking about Darwinism being taught in schools as fact, when it's only theory. I'm not lying, i was taught it myself at school and college.

So the Klerksdorp spheres were what? Planted there? There not as old as the sediment in which they were found?

At the risk of being pummelled by Jaylemurphs version of superior intellect..

Akhenaten the Egyptian Pharaoh of old, do you think this was his head dress or was that a natural formation of his skull? Odd looking person in general if you ask me.

image002.jpg

No one doubts people have been deforming babies heads for millenia, Oriana.

This is about those heads being proof of aliens or even 'giants'.

And they are not.

Edited by Abramelin

And they are not.

Not doubting that these things happened, but again, i ask you whom did they model their mishapen skulls on?

Edited by Hocus

And they are not.

I didn't say they were proof of anything, just that Akhenaton seems to be a bit odd looking including the head.

Edit: Maybe he inspired people to have misshapen heads on account of it made them ... smarter? Pharaohs were considered Gods back then so maybe it was an attempt to be like a God?

Edited by Oriana

AGAIN, not all primary researchers are involved, not everyones involved, Swede. In fact quite the opposite... the fewer the better, the less people know.

These people who i speak of, they will have arrived on scene long before you guys arrive there, that's why there's this so called lack of evidence, it's gone before it's seen by anyone who would speak out.

Let me ask you something....would you speak out about an anomalous artifact you found if you knew it probably meant you'd lose your job?

I've already done it. Three years ago I presented some new (and anomalous) findings at a major conference. This set off a press fire-storm that went national (actually international), including radio, T.V. and print. Even Nat'l Geo. got in on it (Gotta watch those guys. I had to make them correct the interview twice before they got the story straight). While the information has generated healthy scientific debate, in no way was there an attempted cover-up. Nor is there any mechanism in place for such a plot. Your speculations are groundless.

My job was not threatened. In fact, in the long run, it stimulated career progress.

(Oh, and ongoing research, to be published within the next year, has significantly fortified the initial information. Numerous early skeptics of the data are now "coming around").

I've already done it. Three years ago I presented some new (and anomalous) findings at a major conference. This set off a press fire-storm that went national (actually international), including radio, T.V. and print. Even Nat'l Geo. got in on it (Gotta watch those guys. I had to make them correct the interview twice before they got the story straight). While the information has generated healthy scientific debate, in no way was there an attempted cover-up. Nor is there any mechanism in place for such a plot. Your speculations are groundless.

My job was not threatened. In fact, in the long run, it stimulated career progress.

(Oh, and ongoing research, to be published within the next year, has significantly fortified the initial information. Numerous early skeptics of the data are now "coming around").

So what was it you found, and just exactly how anomalous was the find?

Not doubting that these things happened, but again, i ask you whom did they model their mishapen skulls on?

And I ask YOU: why do people all over the world tattoo their bodies?

I stated i'm talking about Darwinism being taught in schools as fact, when it's only theory. I'm not lying, i was taught it myself at school and college.

So the Klerksdorp spheres were what? Planted there? There not as old as the sediment in which they were found?

Yeah and the comment indicates you have no clue what a scientific theory is.

Scientific order of relevance

fact<hypothesis<law<theory.

Theories are the top end of science. They always stay theories, they never become anything else. You simply are not distinguishing between the colloquial use of the term theory and the scientific theory. Gravity is just a theory too you. So is partial theory, germ theory, cell theory, atomic theory, quantum theory and many, many more.

Theory is the pinnacle in science.

Sorry but the statement is an extremely ignorant one

Scientific_theory

Educate yourself.

The Klerksdorp spheres are considered natural not man made.

The wiki site links to the related articles and shows why the claims made are baseless.

Why? When I am drunk, I am at the same level of many of those gullible people who post here.

But even then I have my thoughts about many things. I understand them a bit better, but I still don't believe them.

Heck, I was just worried you'd end up with a mess of sticky keys!

And to be honest, do you think you can drink enough to reach the level of some? Chuckle!

People all over the world have been changing their bodies: piercing, scarring, tattooing, deforming their heads, sharpening their teeth, dying their hair and/or faces, painting their nails, and so on, and so on, enlarging their boobs, plastic surgery.

We don't need gods to get inspired, we are just a vain lot.