Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Superheroes for real.....

Zeta Gundam

People with strength that can only be tapped when TSHTF, then getting away to avoid attention, okay. But a real Superman? My vote is lost.

My boyfriend was telling me about a woman he knows, and how she has super powers and had passed them on to her son.

Her kid, who was just a baby at the time, maybe about a year old, was playing in the front room and pulled the TV down on top of him (now, it was one of those old, heavy television sets). His mom heard the crash, ran in the room, picked up the TV and hurled it across the room. The baby didn't even have a scratch on him.

Their neighbor had bought the same TV set a couple days before and it took two full grown men to move it from the van to the house.

You know, everybody seems to refer to "The mother that lifted a car off her son" as an example of an adrenaline rush.... But I have yet to ever hear of it happening on the news, newspapers, internet or any other medium. Could this be an urban legend?

Here's one from the BBC.

I believe the Science behind it is that normally your muscles have built in restraints as to the levels they can exert themselves, to avoid damage - it would appear that in times of high stress, these levels can be overridden. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that an electric shock is also capable of causing your muscles to exceed these restraint levels.

Ok. This is a first. o.o

If they where real. They would be on the news.

But what if it is coverd up by the goverment as was metioned earlier. Im not saying I believe. In fact, im very skeptical. But it isnt 100% impossible.

• 1 month later...

we all have powers inside of us that we have not discovered

in one case there is a school in japan that you learn to harness the energy inside of you and use it

just like dbz of course dbz is an exaggeration but you catch my drift

we can all use things like telepathy, super humanoid strength, and even shoot energy out of the palm of our hands

I see you all forgot about Chuck Norris.

I see you all forgot about Chuck Norris.

I don't completely understand why people still find Chuck Norris jokes funny... They weren't ever funny. :hmm:

And yes, I know it's my opinion that they aren't funny, but still.

well heres a new movie coming out called The Watchmen, based off the graphic novels, about superheroes living in the modern world where no police force is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

but i think they would just be treated like weapons for countries or different groups that want their way (for example, terrorist guys get a handle on a guy like Magneto, take out all weapons, and United States has a Superman like person to help defend, and u just have those mega ultimate battles that make helluva Youtube clips hahaha)

Of course super heros are real, ware do you think bill gates goes at night?

post-62771-1217871207_thumb.jpg

post-62771-1217871212_thumb.jpg

Anyone ever hear of some guy that appeared on Coast To Coast named Duncan something? He claimed to be an assassin for the British government having received extensive physical training and undergone a process that sped up his senses, reflexes, and strength. He made himself sound like a telepathic Wolverine without claws, fleeing Weapon X because they were kidnapping little kids... It was hilarious but I hope to god he wasn't telling the truth.

• 1 year later...

Ok. This is a first. o.o

If they where real. They would be on the news.

That is how you judge whether or not something is real, the news? You trust the news?

Here is one example of what the OP meant....And no , he is not a super hero , a hero , yes...and yes , amazing.....

• 8 years later...

They're out there. They're not on the news for a few reasons, chief among them being that most of them don't want to deal with armies of news cameras on their front lawn after being caught in the act of doing something superhuman or supernatural. For good reason; every religious nut would think they were a messenger from heaven or a spawn of satan. Others would be scared; perhaps even their own friends and family. Take a deep, honest look within, and ask yourself if you could do the things superheroes could do, would you REALLY want everybody knowing about it?

Still...others choose not to use their powers at all whatsoever, for good or for evil, because they're scared of themselves; of what they're capable of. Many probably don't trust themselves with their abilities and fear they might hurt someone close to them, so they run away from home to become a lonely hermit in the forest. 

1 hour ago, Virtue Boy said:

Take a deep, honest look within, and ask yourself if you could do the things superheroes could do, would you REALLY want everybody knowing about it?

Hell yeah I would man the b****es would be flocking B) :lol:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

This has got to be some kind of record for necro-posting.

8 years. Let's see if that gets beat soon.

Lol, sorry. Didn't even look at how old the thread was; just saw a link to it on Google lmao. XD

PS: That Dean Karnazes guy is awesome; for some reason his muscles don't produce as much lactic acid as normal humans, enabling him to almost literally run forever without stopping. 

I also saw a guy who could slice a pellet in half fired from an air gun...using a katana. Then there was that guy who shot eight bullets and hit eight bullseyes...in less than a second. You pretty much blink, and then eight targets are down. Fastest gun not only in the west, but probably the world lol. 

Still waiting for a super telekinetic or someone who can fly lol. I believe they're out there though; I believe pretty much anything is possible. =)

Edited by Virtue Boy
Additional Info

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Hell yeah I would man the b****es would be flocking B) :lol:

So would the media hounds. So would the science community. So would the police whenever anything weird happened. So would the military even, if they thought they could use you as a weapon. That's not to mention all the stuff your friends and family would have to deal with day in day out; maybe your kids (if you have any) would become a target at school. Maybe your parents would be chastised or feared for giving birth to "something like you". Your life wouldn't only fall apart, but the lives of everyone you care about. Trust me, you wouldn't want people knowing you're a miracle worker. Didn't end too well for Jesus, (not that I believe that sort of thing; just using him as an example of bad things happening when you open up about being supernatural.) 

If you really wanted to be open about your super powers, you should pretend to be a magician, presenting your abilities as mere magic tricks and illusions; you'd be able to make it pretty big, but people wouldn't think you're in league with the devil or the second coming of Christ lol. If anyone asks how you can do the seemingly impossible, just use the old adage, "A magician NEVER reveals his secrets!" 

It's the perfect plan! Mwahaha. XD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/06/2008 at 3:19 AM, steveymurray said:

Your man in London accualy cut his car in half with the angle grinder because it got clamped for being half an inch out his drive way with no road tax. They threatened to tow it and for some reason he thaught it would be wise to cut his car in half.

I really font get people

That guy is a hero. Clamping someone for being half an inch out of their driveway is outrageous. Many of these clampers are just criminals.

• Like 1