Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

drug addict parents get fertility treatment

limerickboi

i dont think it is right that the NHS should help drug addict parents give birth to children

as when the kids are born they are proberly going to be addicted to herion.

Even if they the parents are on methadone (herion substitute) there is a possiability

that they will still be born addicted to drugs.

This is typical of how the NHS system is geared to people with drug problems

if that was a typical would be parents (ones not on drugs) there would be

told that there is a waiting period while they do tests to see if you are suitable

to become parents but if you are addicts you are priortiy over everyone else

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob26003

• GoddessWhispers

• Bill Hill

• Michelle

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean they should be denied medical treatment and forced to give birth in an alley for instance?

It’s terrible. I don’t think our American friends realise just how political correct the UK has become.

The thinking goes along these lines 'Just because they're Drug addicts doesn't mean they'll be bad parents'.. sheesh.

I admit one is a bit at a loss to know what you are talking about, without the relevant article leading this thread. :)

11 May 2007 DRUG ADDICT GETS TWINS ON NHS EXCLUSIVE £2500 fertility treatment for methadone couple

I feel sorry for the babies, born from selfishness, made possible by unfit government enabling unfit parenting!

As someone that has worked with newborns experiencing the agony of withdrawal, this sickens me to no end. It's unfit government and accomplice to unfit parenting, using public funds. NHS should be ashamed to contribute to two more statistics of drug addicted parenting, as well as the symptomatology that will later effect two newborn statistics. What message does this send to the public?! Drug addicts make viable candidates for fertility treatment, when their own reproductive systems enlist it's wisdom to keep them infertile while they're unfit to bring new life into the world, because their own is so contaminated inside.

This is what puts that vigor into the next boxing workout. The impact of unconscionable policy makes an excellent focus. Time flies, when beating hell out of a heavy bag, visualizing every punch a political statement of; What the F(#& are they thinking!? :angry2:

Once a Woman is pregnant, you have two choices, abort or have it.

And to deny these Women access to medical care or to force abortions is just animalistic. Not civilized.

And to deny these Women access to medical care or to force abortions is just animalistic. Not civilized.

er you do know what 'fertility treatment' means?

Hardly essential medical care.

thats not right,

ive seen junkies rearing kids, and the kids miss out on so much, have unsavoury types around the house, mum an dad goofing off on the sofa in front of the tv with cigarettes lighting in thier hands.

the kids dont get a decent chance at life.

Forgive me, but I find your observation irrelevant to the article under discussion. Once a woman is pregnant. This woman had 5 previous miscarriages, when she was in the full tilt of her addiction. Her body expelled what it was unfit to nurture. Now, being infertile from the abuse of Heroine, she sought to be made pregnant through fertility treatments. So it wasn't a chance event, it was a planned impregnation.

So, denial of medical care, or forced abortions, are not applicable to this issue either as this addicts twins, formerly triplets except one died in utero, were born April 24th, 2007.

er you do know what 'fertility treatment' means?

Hardly essential medical care.

Pardon me......... I read the first post....... anyway. I agree, severely drug addicted people should not get fertility treatment.

But, you have to realize also, that it is a slippery slope. This is the kind of thing that leads to poor people being denied treatment, or say people who dont have blue eyes and blonde hair. You really have to be careful with these types of things.......

Edited by Bob26003

I see you don't even read threads before spewing your bullsh*t. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you didn't even read the title.

Edited by Ashigaru

Pardon me......... I read the first post....... anyway. I agree, severely drug addicted people should not get fertility treatment.

But, you have to realize also, that it is a slippery slope. This is the kind of thing that leads to poor people being denied treatment, or say people who don't have blue eyes and blonde hair. You really have to be careful with these types of things.......

Indeed, the first post was vague. However your comment appeared after my post that provided an article link, so as to fully inform the subject of this thread.

Furthermore I still don't understand your point, with respect to this particular government policy. If someone is on government assistance, via a methadone treatment program, that is one thing. If someone is on a methadone treatment program, which is a toxic substance that can kill very easily which is why it's given in very tiny doses, because it's a lethal poison, how is that biological environment of the addict then qualified for public assistance to get itself impregnated and thereby provide another (or in this case twins) dependent upon public services!?

Forgive me, but I don't think enabling child birth in addicts on a government methadone treatment program, is a civil right. :unsure2:

Indeed, the first post was vague. However your comment appeared after my post that provided an article link, so as to fully inform the subject of this thread.

Furthermore I still don't understand your point, with respect to this particular government policy. If someone is on government assistance, via a methadone treatment program, that is one thing. If someone is on a methadone treatment program, which is a toxic substance that can kill very easily which is why it's given in very tiny doses, because it's a lethal poison, how is that biological environment of the addict then qualified for public assistance to get itself impregnated and thereby provide another (or in this case twins) dependent upon public services!?

Forgive me, but I don't think enabling child birth in addicts on a government methadone treatment program, is a civil right. :unsure2:

I agree, but not because they will "provide another dependent upon public services" but because it is biologically unsafe for the child and in most cases of severe addiction the would be Parents are probably not fit to be Parents. But like I said , this is a very sensitive issue.

When Gov. says who can and who can't have kids, that is a dangerous slope.

And Ashiguru........ Do you ever contribute anything or just insult people?

Edited by Bob26003

I agree, but not because they will "provide another dependent upon public services" but because it is biologically unsafe for the child and in most cases of severe addiction the would be Parents are probably not fit to be Parents. But like I said , this is a very sensitive issue.

When Gov. says who can and who can't have kids, that is a dangerous slope.

And Ashiguru........ Do you ever contribute anything or just insult people?

I certainly agree government has no right to say who should or should not have children. However, my point was someone receiving public assistance, shouldn't also qualify to have the government fund their fertility , when their body and lifestyle says they're already unfit. If they wish to get pregnant, no problem, free choice. Tax dollars, government money, shouldn't be allocated to assist in that regard. There are enough unhealthy, pitifully abused treasures born into this world already. Helping birth more in these conditions, through government financing, is unconscionable. Especially since it will be government financing supporting all the side effects of being born to drug addled parents. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of abuse, and I find it reprehensible that government funds would enable the process, by paying for a drug addict to get pregnant. :no:

I certainly agree government has no right to say who should or should not have children. However, my point was someone receiving public assistance, shouldn't also qualify to have the government fund their fertility , when their body and lifestyle says they're already unfit. If they wish to get pregnant, no problem, free choice. Tax dollars, government money, shouldn't be allocated to assist in that regard. There are enough unhealthy, pitifully abused treasures born into this world already. Helping birth more in these conditions, through government financing, is unconscionable. Especially since it will be government financing supporting all the side effects of being born to drug addled parents. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of abuse, and I find it reprehensible that government funds would enable the process, by paying for a drug addict to get pregnant. :no:

Not everyone on Public Assisstance is on drugs. But I understand, and agree. So should everyone on public assistance not be allowed fertility help?

Edited by Bob26003

Not everyone on Public Assisstance is on drugs. But I understand, and agree. So should everyone on public assistance not be allowed fertility help?

If they won't or are not capable of supporting themselves they should not get assistance in getting pregnant, under ANY circumstances.