Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why won't God heal amputees?

Vague

Does He listen their prayers? Does He care about them?

Then why does He do nothing?

To me, prayer to a personal God is an illusion. God can't go wrong. According to a lot of Christians and christianity.com, God answers in "yes", "no" and "wait".

This is a foolproof system. God could never go wrong.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• GoddessWhispers

• LONELY_1

• MissMelsWell

Well, he does apparently heal sick people... just not ones where the healing would provide proof that it has happened. He only answers prayers wherein the answer cannot demonstrate that it is one. So, yes, he can't lose.

To me, prayer to a personal God is an illusion. God can't go wrong. According to a lot of Christians and christianity.com, God answers in "yes", "no" and "wait".

Tell me something...............If prayers are a persons OWN personal experience and only something that can been seen as evidence within the person praying...then how would you KNOW..that he DOESNT answer prayers??

UNLESS...you have prayed...have you??

God answers in "yes", "no" and "wait"

That is because God is really a..........

linked-image

Tell me something...............If prayers are a persons OWN personal experience and only something that can been seen as evidence within the person praying...then how would you KNOW..that he DOESNT answer prayers??

I prayed for 8 years and yes, sometimes it seemed that my prayers got "answered". And most of them didn't...and for some of them I guess I'm still waiting.

Well, he does apparently heal sick people... just not ones where the healing would provide proof that it has happened. He only answers prayers wherein the answer cannot demonstrate that it is one. So, yes, he can't lose.

He can't heal people if the healing obviously came from divine origin? Are you being sarcastic?

Sooooo BM, if a person lost both legs having been amputated, lets say to the actions of a drunk driver, and prayed sincerely, day and night for the return of his legs would anything happen?

would his legs grow back due to his faith in god?

Of course, when his legs DON'T grow back, its either because:

A - he wasn't faithful enough.....

B - god has a reason for his loss......

Or

^_^ When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to excerpt an article from the website of the very same name.

A very valid question, considering jesus said ask anything in his name and it shall be granted. I'd think one could ask , after the countless prayers, the very same about AIDS/HIV and cancer. But if it's all going according to plan, there's the answer for every why, relating to god's doing in our current state of being so miserable we ask why god doesn't care. One can't believe everything is according to god's plan, and at the same time believe prayers to omniscient omnipotence, are anything but asking god to change that plan for their benefit. Is that not pride? And if one, praying, feels unworthy in gods sight, isn't prayer then a bit pretentious!?

Why won't god heal amputee's?

God could, god doesn't must be no god. Unless suffering is a sacrament. And since more has not been done, if there is a god to do it, than has, it seems to be self evident there is no thing but ourselves to care, about ourselves. Ewww radical!

What with development going on all over the world. Human communities being clustered closer and closer together, while animals search for new homes in what was their former woods and is now a neighborhood named after it. So if ever there was a chance to impart the admonition of love thy neighbor as thyself, it's certainly coming now. If we believe ourselves worthy of worshiping something not ourselves, while believing ourselves unworthy of doing that, even in the process, how will we ever see one another as worthy of self-respect, when there is a faith our self isn't even worthy of gods?!

God doesn't heal amputee's, but prosthetic science, at the hands of man, helps the healing to begin. And I see that as one effective way to answer any such prayer. :tu:

Edited by GoddessWhispers

Are you being sarcastic?

:yes:

I don't believe in the power of prayer. I don't believe in a god who singles out specific people and grants them wishes whilst abandoning others. I don't believe in a god who plays favourites. I believe that mankind is capable of wonderous things, and upon achieving these things he has a habit of saying "look what my god did"... which is a shame really.

Sooooo BM, if a person lost both legs having been amputated, lets say to the actions of a drunk driver, and prayed sincerely, day and night for the return of his legs would anything happen?

would his legs grow back due to his faith in god?

Or

JMPD I am NOT Gods spokesman LOL

if someone lost the use of their legs then IMO and this is just my guess....then God would help the person find another way to feel confortable..

If people who prayed for the loss of one or two of their limbs and God helped their limbs grow back.................then every last person alive would all be doing this...but God created cience for a reson...ie DOCTORS............if he was going to do the magic and work the wonders....we dont NEED DOCTORS

But se in reall ife...we DO need doctors...we DO need science..............we do need to make choices

God put us here to help ourselves.....not to be useless and think -- "ohh ok not to worry, i'll just sit up on my a*** and expect God to do it all for me" <--people that do that...gee any wonder they are non believers at that rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Oh and for those of you that want to ask me why why why....remember BM is NOT a spokesperson for God....................i do NOT sit and make up excuses for any Godly action.....I am every bit like you...I can only give my opinion/thoughts I NEVER STATE IT LIKE GOSPEL

God does not interfere with the ways of man. destruction of man is his own undoing.

Then worship of that that created the condition and abandons it to it's own end, is self-deprecating, as I see it.

Edited by GoddessWhispers

God does not interfere with the ways of man. destruction of man is his own undoing.

Then you are saying that all those 'faith healings" are false?

BM, I wasn't asking you to be a spokewoman for god.

But it is rather interesting to me, that of all the healings that god has supposedly done, there has never been one that can be conclusively called a miracluous healing.

Cases of diseases going into remission, or disappearing completely, while attributed to a holy cause, could just as easily be explained by the sufferers will and faith that a healing will take place.

The human mind is an incredible piece of machinery: what it believes it can do, it can.

While on the other hand, if you tell your self "Ican't", the subconcious mind will go with that thought and make it self fulfilling.

BM, I wasn't asking you to be a spokewoman for god.

But it is rather interesting to me, that of all the healings that god has supposedly done, there has never been one that can be conclusively called a miracluous healing.

Cases of diseases going into remission, or disappearing completely, while attributed to a holy cause, could just as easily be explained by the sufferers will and faith that a healing will take place.

The human mind is an incredible piece of machinery: what it believes it can do, it can.

While on the other hand, if you tell your self "Ican't", the subconcious mind will go with that thought and make it self fulfilling.

JMPD, I see what you are saying...but you have gotten me confused with the christians....cuz they believe that certain christians do have healing powers

I just believe in prayer...and when i say that, I mean, you have to be able to meet god half way in order to get the help you want

I completely agree.

Just recently I came to the conclusion that our minds have an enormous impact on our surroundings. Seeing the outcomes of the many experiments of Masaru Emoto on how thoughts affect water is incredible.

He doesn't fix our problems because he wants us to solve our own problems?

The question you ask is just one of many we would like to have answered, but until we die I don't think we are going to get the answers.

He doesn't fix our problems because he wants us to solve our own problems?

HELP solves problems if you ask and fully believe in him to HELP..meaning to guide you

HELP solves problems if you ask and fully believe in him to HELP..meaning to guide you

I seriously doubt god is doing any "helping", or anything for that matter.

BTW please use periods. It's a little confusing trying to read what you write.

Edited by LONELY_1

:yes:

I don't believe in the power of prayer. I don't believe in a god who singles out specific people and grants them wishes whilst abandoning others. I don't believe in a god who plays favourites. I believe that mankind is capable of wonderous things, and upon achieving these things he has a habit of saying "look what my god did"... which is a shame really.

god doesnt single out ppl, ppl single themselves out....god also is not a genie he is not confined to a bottle nor is he limited on power or anything else.. who grants wishes...he is God all power all might..............................god will not abandon no one....ppl abandon god they turn themselves away from god not the other way around.....

healings take place daily you just gotta be there to see them...you take someone who is serveing god who prays faithfully and who has submitted themselves to god. they receive many answered prays...

if one has lost a limb or limbs. and is seeking god for new ones then that person first should ask themselves am i praying for the right things..is my heart in tune with god....can i still serve god with this condition....this condition should not hinder my walk-work for god...sometimes we get greedy and seek things just for ourselves but yet we can do all things through christ and be a Great witness to others while being in an uncomfortable condition...sometimes our trails run a long time but he said he would not lay upon us more than we can bare.....healing and answered prays has alot to do with our attitude towards god and also towards ourselves...but we cant let no burden hinder our walk with god...

Actually the real question is why God discrimnates against amputees and other disabled:

Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. Leviticus 21:17-21. :yes:

Who cares about amputees anyway? They are a burden to the system and society.

One might say the same thing about you BNW. :)

Or

Or:

C - his prayer was answered by the doctors and physicians who worked tirelessly to provide him with prosthetics to help him lead something close to a normal life. His prayer was also answered by the support that he received from his wife and family.

Contrary to some opinions, God never promises to affirmatively answer all prayers (I know there are passages that people use to try and say just that, but I've yet to see one being used in a contextually correct manner). God does promise though to provide for us what we need (this is often confused with people thinking that what they want is what they need).

Why won't God heal amputees? Why didn't God stop my friends from drowing in a rip 8 years ago? Why didn't God prevent my dog from dying of a stroke 2 years ago? Why didn't God stop my workmates brother-in-law from having a forklift crush him to death at work? Why didn't God??? Why didn't God??? You're asking questions that have no real answer (at least, none that you would find satisfactory).

Edited by Paranoid Android

You should read the miracles of healing that occured in modern times under the ministries of Smith Wigglesworth and John G Lake. Many limbs did actually grow back, so it does happen. If you want to see the "key" to it all as far as how this works, I can only say that you must understand the principles taught in Mark 11

No disrespect to your word intended lunar K9, but I don't accept that as true.

If anyone had the power to channel anything that grows back amputated limbs, they would appear in every medical journal, be called , begged even, to every veterans hospital. People would line up to meet them, there would be video's made proving this amazing occurrence, after the first one took place. One could even have a cell phone and capture a foot growing back in a shoe store, right in the shoe. It means nothing to the equation, but I have never heard of these people with this power and I dare say , at a time of war in this country, if it were indeed true, hardly anyone wouldn't know their name. They'd be America's hero's and as such they would , as representatives of god as they are, stand proud and say to the world in every outlet they could find that would find them first, this is gods work!

But that is not how it works, when it isn't true.

God does promise though to provide for us what we need (this is often confused with people thinking that what they want is what they need).

If he promises to provide us with what we need, why are children still starving to death and living in misery? He doesn't provide what we want... fine... but food is something we need.

And besides, if god has a plan and nothing we do can alter it, where does prayer come into it? If we were meant to get better after a serious illness, because it was part of his plan, then we would have done so regardless of how much we did or didn't pray. As nothing can add to or detract from his plan, what use is prayer? Everything happens just as it should doesn't it? The Christian god makes available only what he intended to make available all along... nothing more, nothing less... and nothing man does can alter that. So a prayer to god, to ask that god make some small alteration to his plan, is a waste of time.