Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rate the last film you saw

Pirates Of the Carribean 3

Only 7/10. I was really disapointed.

My favourite is still the first one: My sister and I can pretty much quote about half of the movie.

linked-image

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• FOS

• __Kratos__

• oldvariant42

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In no particular order

Spidey 3 5/10

Piartes 3 8/10

The Host 7/10

those are the three most recent movie i have seen that are still considered new releaseish in Australia

Like the title says I saw Spidy 3 and give it 8/10 I wont make a list of the last 3 or 17 Ive seen as the topic does not ask for that. :P

Aint seen "This is England" yet but watched the making of it on TV few weeks back and looks really good, the director Shane Medows tells the story from his own childhood. Also check out "Dead Man's Shoes" and "Twenty Four Seven" both good moives from Shane as well as a few others.

Edited by C.J.Fishburn

The 300 rocked in my opinion - 9/10

I won't go see the Pirate or Penguin things anymore, I'm sick of it all, it's everywhere!

Stuff like that, when it gets forced down your throat it just makes me run further away everytime.

So no pirates, no Shrek and nothing with Robin Williams as the voice of Stellas Groove!! :cry:

Like the title says I saw Spidy 3 and give it 8/10 I wont make a list of the last 3 or 17 Ive seen as the topic does not ask for that. :P

Aint seen "This is England" yet but watched the making of it on TV few weeks back and looks really good, the director Shane Medows tells the story from his own childhood. Also check out "Dead Man's Shoes" and "Twenty Four Seven" both good moives from Shane as well as a few others.

Yey, I checked out Dead Mans Shoes the other week, found it emotive in the same way as This is England, I love the way he builds the tension and atmosphere up. Well I have order one of his other ones 'Room for Romeo Brass' so i'll have to get 'Twenty Four Seven' thereafter :D:tu:

Pirates 3 was every bit as good as i had hoped. 10/10.

I walked out of the theater with a new all time favorite movie. I have always held 'Empire Strikes Back' as the ultimate standard.

To me, it's always been what i would consider a perfect movie. But i believe Pirates 3 gives Empire a real run for its money.

Oh....and Spiderman 3 was fantastic! My favorite of the 3.

Last movie I was was Mr. Brooks starring Kevin Costner and Dane Cook. What can I say...I loved this movie! It was a very original and clever thriller, and Costner's part was completely disturbing. I had some doubts about Dane's shot at serious acting, but he was actually very believable and his acting was superb. Of course, he did throw in some humorous lines here and there. Just when you think you have the film figured out, it takes a new twist and totally throws you off. The ending scenes are quite surprising and leave you wanting more, for sure. 9/10

my latest was Naruto: the land of snow. 9.7/10, cause it wasnt quite perfect, pretty close though

Pirates 3...it's a tradition to go with my cousin & our moms, so it's like having 2 sets of sisters hangin' out. It's a great outing for the whole lot of us! :yes:

Loved Keith Richards! Oh, did those of you who saw it wait til after the credits for the xtra scene? If you haven't seen it yet, hang around for a little whiloe after the credits. ENJOY!

Looking forward to Fantastic 4:Silver Surfer!!! I learned how to read thanks to him!!

Maybes:

Die Hard

Transformers

I Now Pronouce You Chuck & Larry

Ratatouille

Shrek 3 - 7/10

Wasn't outright bad, but the jokes are starting to get pretty tired. Some of the "adult jokes" were good, but it seemed like this one was bogged down by alot of filler material.

Bridge to Terabithia--- 7/10

Spidey 3--- 8/10

Pirates 3 --- 9/10

Yeah i love the pirates movies :wub: , the last one was the most stunning one, especially on the visual aspect. great movie :tu:

I finally watched V for Vendetta last night - it was great ! out of 10 I give it an 8.

very few films make it to 9 or 10 for me.

8 is great , 9 is outstanding and 10 I save for classics I love ( 9 and 10 are usually ones I would buy)

I finally watched V for Vendetta last night - it was great ! out of 10 I give it an 8.

yea V for Vendetta is a very cool film, good acting, good story, good script, makes a good movie a as a whole. not to mention that the character of V was fascinating ^_^ , if all man were that chilvarious :w00t:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - 5.5-6/10

On the whole, a disappointing outing. I went in with low expectations, expecting nothing to fancy, and still came away disappointed. It had neither the story of the first movie, or the humour of the second film. It plodded along with continuous battle-scenes that (except for the final sequence) never lived up to the magnititude of previous films. There are some redeeming sections (the multiple jack sparrow's in Davy Jones' Locker, for example), but overall the film left me a tad disappointed.

That said, I seem to be in the minority over this one. I personally loved the second film, I thought it was a great piratey swash-buckling adventure with a lot of humour and a lot of great action (what more could you want from a pirate flick?). Yet many have disagreed with me and said that Pirates 2 was horrible. While in contrast, they have enjoyed the final Pirates, with some even claiming it to be better than the first. In the end, I guess you should just watch it and see for yourself :P

Regards, PA

post-56314-1181827256_thumb.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - 5.5-6/10

On the whole, a disappointing outing. I went in with low expectations, expecting nothing to fancy, and still came away disappointed. It had neither the story of the first movie, or the humour of the second film. It plodded along with continuous battle-scenes that (except for the final sequence) never lived up to the magnititude of previous films. There are some redeeming sections (the multiple jack sparrow's in Davy Jones' Locker, for example), but overall the film left me a tad disappointed.

That said, I seem to be in the minority over this one. I personally loved the second film, I thought it was a great piratey swash-buckling adventure with a lot of humour and a lot of great action (what more could you want from a pirate flick?). Yet many have disagreed with me and said that Pirates 2 was horrible. While in contrast, they have enjoyed the final Pirates, with some even claiming it to be better than the first. In the end, I guess you should just watch it and see for yourself :P

Regards, PA

PIRATES 3 EXCELLENT JOHNNY DEPP AS JACK SPARROW IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE CHARACTER!

I reckon The Davanci Code is garunteed to be a dissapointment if you've read the book

I'm a major bookworm, so I have read the book. I still think they did a pretty good job of it.

I'm a major bookworm, so I have read the book. I still think they did a pretty good job of it.

Oh really ok, well I don't know about doing a good job of it, its hard to judge for some reason. All I knows is that I loved the book, but found the film boring, maybe its because I knew what was going to happen hehe. Now I think about it though I did find the acting a bit blaaah, wishywashy, uninspired.

Spiderman 3 - 9/10

Awesome film, I loved the first two films without a doubt and I think Tobey does a great role playing Spidey. I enjoyed the third film and especially loved the fact at the end when the new green goblin helped Spidey in battling the other two enemies. Also that Sandman basically realised what he was doing wrong and decided to put it right without having to use violence etc. I really liked the plotline and Spidey trying to hold it together, especially when he turns emo (very sexy...) and becomes a bit of a rebellion. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was Kirsten Dunst, I dont know what it is about her but she doesnt seem natural enough playing MJ, in the comics and the cartoons she was like the girl next door whereas in the films its sort of hard for me to understand and the fact she finds it so easy to switch between Spidey and Harry as much as she wants without a problem. But overall loved the film and as ever Im hoping therell be another installment of it.

post-56314-1181827256_thumb.jpg

PIRATES 3 EXCELLENT JOHNNY DEPP AS JACK SPARROW IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE CHARACTER!

Judging by that awesome sentence, I'm not going to go on your opinion.

Anyway....

Hannibal Rising - 7.5/10

I liked this movie, being a fan of the series. While it wasn't of the same callibre of the others, I think it is a good introduction to be able whom aren't familliar with the series. The movie was almost to slasher based, in an obvious attempt to gain audience with fans of movies like Saw. The acting (particularly the actor playing Hannibal) was a bit...strained, but wasn't too bad.

Over all, I enjoyed it!

Edited by TooFarGone

Saw the Hitcher the other day on my mates comp' yeah it was coool, bit cheesey like, but had a freak facter to it, it was kinda like quality cheese, COOL if you got the right palette for it. I felt satisfied by the end, which is always important. My brother said that he used to watch the orig with his mates and my description of the modern version was similer to what he thought of the orig so they obviously caught the essence in the remake which many do not manage to achieve...hmmm, i give it 7/10.

Pirates of the Carribean 3 - 6/10

It was ok but far too long and I got lost halfway through it with who was supposed to really be who and there were too many new and pointless characters in it, also I thought Elizabeth was changed too much from girl who loves Will to Captain of some chinese pirates. A bit of a predictatble ending which I won't say for anyone who hasn't seen it BUT Johnny Depp was good in it, he was so funny especially when he said "Nobody move... I've dropped me brain!" that had me in fits of laughter. :lol:

The Fountain: 3/10 (Netflix). What the hell was that? Actually, I got it, but the rest of my family hated it. I only tolerated it because of the visuals and the acting.

Eragon: 5/10 (Netflix). Seemed like a Made-for-TV-Movie. Cute, but not memorable.

300- 9/10 (Awesome, almost as good as it gets)

Spiderman 3- 4/10 (Lame, worse than expected)

The Hills Have Eyes 2- 6/10 (Actually quite fun!)

Lemme see, the last movies I've seen have been:

Pirates 3: 6/10. It started ok, but in the end I got completely confused about who was backstabbing who and then I didn't care as much as I did in the beggining. There are some good things about it though: the frozen toe, Keith Richards, the final fight, the part where this bad dude is walking while everything around him just shatters into pieces, right before he dies and specially the relationship between Sparrow and Barbosa.

Spaceballs: Yeah, I know it's old, but I really love it. My fav parts are Dark Helmet using the unfinished version of the movie to track down Lonestar and Dark Helmet playing with his dolls :lol: . I give it a 8.5/10 :yes:

The Dead Girl

Weird!