Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

14 Things to do if you miss the Rapture

truethat

http://www.pandagon.net/2006/04/11/14-thin...ss-the-rapture/

1) Grab yourself your new car. In the South, at least, there’s a pretty common bumper sticker that says the car will be unmanned in case of Rapture. That there is an invitation if I ever heard one. Keep a mental list of the makes and models of all the cars the fundies you know drive, so you don’t waste time helping yourself to the one you like in case of Rapture.

2) While you’re at it, get yourself those Left Behind books. You don’t have to actually purchase those either, considering that most of the Christian book store owners and employees will be up in heaven singing holy holy all day and gloating. The Rapture is not actually in the Bible, so you won’t be able to turn to that book to get any information on how to proceed, so you’ll need to get your hands on these books immediately.

3) Party down. All the tight-lipped misanthropes who want to ban ****ing, drinking, and just generally enjoying yourself got sucked up to heaven. It’s time to have fun. Since they were in fact proven right, you’ll probably want to get “saved” eventually, but according to your new holy books, the Left Behind series, you have seven years before the hammer actually comes down. Enjoy them and then at the last minute convert. According to their own system, they have to let you in as long as you work in a “Jesus saves!” before you croak.

4) Start a betting pool on who the Anti-Christ will turn out to be. The Pope is actually a long shot. My money’s on Dick Cheney. Bush will be Raptured, of course. He’s got the proper mix of smug piety and sadism that’s the mark of a True Believer.

5) Whatever you do, don’t start going to church. According to this list, that’s very dangerous.

BEWARE OF A WORLD CHURCH. This church is not of God. Do not back this church. It is from Satan himself. Do not associate with any kind of world church. Beware of Communist agents who will play the role of pastor. Beware of any big church movement after the rapture. Ask Jesus for a spirit of discernment.

And since church sucks and you’re waiting until the last minute to get saved anyway, there is no reason to put yourself out.

6) Invest in pharmaceticual companies. Specifically, invest in the ones that own the rights to Plan B, the HPV vaccine and the up and coming herpes vaccine. With the vast majority of political opposition to keep these drugs off the market out of the way and with tons of people newly inspired to fornicate, due to the 7 years they get before they have to buckle down and convert, these drug companies stocks are going to go bananas.

7) Do not get married and especially don’t have children. Those are the sort of long term investments you shouldn’t get involved in if the end of the world in coming. Before the Rapture, I also strongly suggest that Rapture believers take this advice–if you’re not long for this world, why chance it?

8) Become a scientist. If you’ve always wanted to be a scientist, especially a biologist, but were afraid of the future of the career in the face of so much powerful political opposition to the very existence of science, it’s now your time. No one is going to yank your funding now.

9) Blog about movies and music more, now that you’re not weighed down blogging all the time about the various threats to reproductive rights.

10) Convert your local megachurch into a gay disco. You don’t even have to worry about having the phone number to the bomb squad on hand, since all the potential gay disco bombers got Raptured.

11) Start your own TV access show. Most of the airtime is freed up now that all the relentless preaching has no one to actually do it anymore.

12) Get a barcode for “999″ tattooed on your arm. For reasons I don’t understand, the Anti-Christ’s followers are going to try to tattoo a barcode for “666″ on your arm, and if you let them do this, you’re going straight to hell, no takebacks. Fake them out with a phony Mark of the Beast.

13) STAY AWAY from earthquake faults. This is the advice of the fundie dude that gave me this idea. Seems like sound advice to me. Don’t throw yourself into any live volcanos, either. Generally speaking, this is good advice even if the Rapture never happens.

14) Call off the War on Christmas, baseball, Easter, and parents. There’s no one to bother p***ing off anymore by needlessly attacking Everything Good. Anyway, that frees up your time so you can say “****” on TV more, since the opposition to that is gone as well.

All this is presuming that the people that say they’re on the shortlist to get Raptured are actually on it. I have my doubts–if there really is a Jesus and he’s going to start suctioning people to heaven, I have trouble believing he’s looking for the homophobes, misogynists, racists and sadists who enjoy fantasizing about the suffering of people who don’t conform to their demands that currently populate the fundie ranks. If Jesus has a lick of sense, he’ll snatch up abortion clinic workers, peace activists, and basically everyone rallying for immigration reform in the streets right now. If that happens and you do get left behind, I suggest trying really hard to get into heaven, because now it sounds like a happening place where the party guests are actually worth knowing.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jodie.Lynne

• IamsSon

• rev r

• m. Moe

Top Posters In This Topic

4) Start a betting pool on who the Anti-Christ will turn out to be. The Pope is actually a long shot. My money’s on Dick Cheney. Bush will be Raptured, of course. He’s got the proper mix of smug piety and sadism that’s the mark of a True Believer.

:lol:

#2 is the best. I'll probably jack the movies instead, Kirk Cameron was always kinda funny on Growing Pains.

*claims all of Alki and west seattle*

MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE

You're all welcome to come to my house and take what you want since neither I nor my family will be needing it. An I will be sure to remember all you little people when I'm governing the Earth with Jesus during the Millenium :)

We'll see man, we'll see. :) No hard feelings either way. Deal?

We'll see man, we'll see. :) No hard feelings either way. Deal?

Well, if I'm still here you can't have my stuff ;)

Don't you worry Iams.

If y'all get left behind, I have this giant slingshot. We'll sneak you in the back door ;)

3) Party down. All the tight-lipped misanthropes who want to ban ****ing, drinking, and just generally enjoying yourself got sucked up to heaven. It’s time to have fun. Since they were in fact proven right, you’ll probably want to get “saved” eventually, but according to your new holy books, the Left Behind series, you have seven years before the hammer actually comes down. Enjoy them and then at the last minute convert. According to their own system, they have to let you in as long as you work in a “Jesus saves!” before you croak.

Rock on! Can't argue with that.

Don't you worry Iams.

If y'all get left behind, I have this giant slingshot. We'll sneak you in the back door ;)

Hey, that giant slingshot is property of the Canadian Space Agency.

Tis not!

I have doctored bill of sale right here....

um, let me rephrase that.....

You're all welcome to come to my house and take what you want since neither I nor my family will be needing it. An I will be sure to remember all you little people when I'm governing the Earth with Jesus during the Millenium :)

hopefuly me and my family will be going to. what a party that will be. anybody else going?

Don't you worry Iams.

Hey! Are you the one who's been sneaking illegals across the Southern Border with the sling shot?

Actually, I've been sending them over the Northern border into Canada.

:innocent:

I told you it was a big one............

Tis not!

I have doctored bill of sale right here....

um, let me rephrase that.....

Thanks to you we now can't launch our satellites and monkeys into outer space.

Actually, I've been sending them over the Northern border into Canada.

:innocent:

I told you it was a big one............

:o You must really hate us or something.

Edited by MR_MOE

... i have a bad feeling i'm one of those christians who might have to experience the 7 years :hmm: ... i'm sure it will be a breeze with your help truethat :clap::tsu::nw: ... i look forward to trying all 14 :D

Hey! Are you the one who's been sneaking illegals across the Southern Border with the sling shot?

OMGosh, you SO did not just say that did you? :rofl: :rofl:

i dont' think I"ve laughed that hard in a while! :rofl: