Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are Muslims so Violent?

truethat

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• lava

• Beckys_Mom

• Jor-el

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think people would have missed your point if you put that in the original post. I really don't see the necessity to use a dumb subterfuge to get your point across- people aren't THAT thick. Thanks for wasting my time by taking your post seriously.

Unfortunately people ARE that thick. Take a pop around and you will see that to many on here it is perfectly acceptable to post steretypical threads about Christians.

We can't bash anyone but the Christians and so that's what's done all day long on this site, always under the guise of "getting to know them better"

Right....

Sorry for having wasting your time in a sense but the topic is still being discussed.

She's still here. Just pointing out how easy it is to make a mass generalization about a religion based on the actions of a number of the followers of the same religion.

Ya know, the way you and the others tend to lump all Christians under the same umbrella?

Ya know...like that?

So you do notice that its a stereotype when people "do that to Christians" and yet you defend these people for doing that???? Odd doncha think?

I am raising my kids Muslim, I certainly wouldn't if I felt this was a true statement.

What is even odder is when a person baits a trap, in order to draw people into giving their opinion on a subject, then chastizing them for it.

Why the subterfuge? Why not simply start on topic on "stereotypes & religion" or some such?

All things aside there is no denying that there is an aspect of the culture that is quite violent.

I suppose that because these countries have been in turmoil for so long that its not so big a deal.

really? one could say the same about the us and christian culture, if you was an african american in the deep south 30 years ago, even more recent...well those christian white folk might not have seemed so nice and charitable.

edit: id like to add, that i was going to make a statement about racism and intolerence in the uk at first, we have the bnp and other racist, violent groups, but i thought that youd see that as not your problem....believe me your culture and country has problems just like any other. my point was just to raise that issue.

intolerance is a feature of your society too at some level, in every city, in every village. Just like mine.

Edited by lil gremlin

why they are so violent? for the same reason that Christians where many centuries ago. Due to "non believers" and "conquest"

Any idea how many people where killed during the spanish inquisition, the witch trials and the crusades? im willing to bet that more people have died at the hands of christians over the centuries then Muslims.

dont get me wrong I dont hate modern day Christians most are fine by me except the fundies.

Well I disagree. I find it interesting that someone like SilverCougar for example who actually went to the trouble to register on my site just to back up Christian bashing done by another member here, is the first one to leap to the defence of Muslims all the while defending those who do the same to Christians by using the "they're fed up and jaded" as an excuse.

The blinders are on, on this, we've been saying the same thing for months. And errr..... I stated that I would do this in a thread and uh, thought it was pretty obvious that I was doing it for this reason.

Stop picking on the poor muslims! /sarcasm off

Not all muslims are violent. The ones we see are the ones the media wants us to... the ones that can be whipped into a ferver just like any other major religion out there.

I cant imagine buddhists blowing themselves up.

when i was in sri lanka for a few months last year i saw a demonstration in colombo (capital city) where some monks were protesting that the govnt. wasnt being hardline enough. chanting 'kill kill kill' and stuff like that and holding up murderous plaquards.....and fighting anti protesters....some of whom were also monks....i think theres footage on utube and pics online.

It has to do with nationalism, and a belief that their theravedic faith is destined to be THE faith of lanka.

not all buddhists there share their fanatisizm, and many are appauled.

imagine a buddhist hit squad, or a hindu one....killing a top hindu priest for shaking hands with the buddhist president of the country.

imagine school children being massacred, and families too....and both political sides blaming each other for the event...

its not really that funny.

And yet they aren't right?

You don't see an acceptance of it, but rather a shock. Take the Westboro Baptist Church, you see regular Christians are sick to their stomachs over these people.

But most Iraqi's for example were cheering at 9-11.

Those Iraqi's that cheer at the 9/11 and those that blow themselves up aarent really following their faith propperly....only going on what I have heard on the news is all

I read that the true teachings are not meant to be violent

Nationalism is a very good point. Why is it we are able to do this?

not quite sure what you mean....a national goal, built upon an idea of national identity. this can cause problems for those who dont fit into the picture...whether they be american indian, tamils, kurds, jews, palestinian...the list is endless.

edit: and then there's 'national interest'....that can take a country and its army half way around the world to prosecute a war.

Edited by lil gremlin

Muslims are no more violent than the next religion. The terrorist attacks are more to do with radical individuals who dislike America and other places around the world for reasons I personally cannot fathom. In fact the Quran, advocates non-violence, so it has more to do with the individual people than the religion as a whole.

- Bokonon

In fact the Quran, advocates non-violence, so it has more to do with the individual people than the religion as a whole.

The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. 2:96

Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98

The one's that are in power are afriad of the modern world, the use it against the rest of humanity.

I'm Irish catholic(yes lower case "c"), still jeez, GET WITH THE PROGRAM, lets get off this rock and explore!

The analogy is: My, brother and I are sitting on promontory rock, I want to invesigate the happenings below, he's afraid, kills me to stop from learning.

Wow, reading through this thread I've really come to see the double standard.

It's kind of funny how nobody really minds if someone criticizes Christianity, calls it violent, etc..

Yet you have a religion which does inspire a very large amount of violence (Whether the religion as a whole is violent or not), even more so in the modern age than Christianity;

and yet...

...almost everyone is defending it as non-violent and misrepresented.

Who woulda thunk it. :blink:

Edited by KBA

Wow, reading through this thread I've really come to see the double standard.

It's kind of funny how nobody really minds if someone criticizes Christianity, calls it violent, etc..

Yet you have a religion which does inspire a very large amount of violence (Whether the religion as a whole is violent or not), even more so in the modern age than Christianity;

and yet...

...almost everyone is defending it as non-violent and misrepresented.

Who woulda thunk it. :blink:

Too vague of a statement, give examples, ideas, or facts.

Muslims like no other religion seem to really go for the violence and death and destruction. I'm not talking archaic examples but modern interpretation.

They tend to support terrorism. They also tend to be very violent people who really believe that their way of seeing things is correct. They think Jesus is not the messiah so they don't have too much sympathy for Christians or Jews.

Why do you think this is so?

You say Muslims are violent look around we are the most violent look at us we invade countries for oil, we test nuclear weapons on our own soil, we feed our country countless amounts of bad food, diabetes, and obesity. We wage wars bomb innocents of countries to get a hold of one man. And then you go to the history the midevil ages, the crusades, Hitler, yes all religions are violent but the Muslims are not the mst violent far from it.

Because it's deeply embedded in their religion?

Just for the violence... Let's use Surah 4:34 as an example... Allah says it's alright to beat the living hell out of a 'bad' wife. That's violent to me and Allah willfully says it's alright... Hell at the end of that passage because you beat your wife to become a "good" wife, god is great.

Jihad is another example... Spilting up the world into two halfs... One Islamic and the other infidels/war zones. What the hell is that crap? Granted jihad as many meanings, one of those meaning is war.

Islam is just a sick religion which it's own morality is twisted. Who can really respect a religion that supports terrorism and wife beating? :no:

Because unlike the christian and jewish or even anyother religious holyman... they don't make up promises of virgins in the afterlife if you give your life for your religion.

However, just saying that muslims are violent is absurb(like my spelling) given that anyone or large group of people in any religion can be extreamly violent in any given enviroment.

:lol::rofl::tu:

I think you're a wonderfully funny and honest person.....

The red thread of conquering by the sword has been their mainstay for hundreds of years. Not much has changed unfortunately. The koran seems to be a very military minded book rather than one of peace, as far as spreading their faith is concerned. This mind set must have it's roots in their belief system which stems from the writings of Mohammed.

My take on this is that muslims are innately no different to others.

The present tendency towards violence by some muslims is an instinctive reaction of people who feel threatened.

Everyone fears difference, and difference in religious matters has always bred violence. Take the inquisition of catholicism, or the huge religious wars in europe during the reformation. While christianity has stabilised into a dominant position in the most developed countries, it largely no longer feels threatened. Cults like the branch davidians show what can happen in exceptional cases.

On the other hand ,muslims must feel very threatened, both by the ongoing divisions within their faith and by the cultural and religious dominance of the world, by western civilisation. We all tend to react to fear, with violence, where other means to ease our fears do not seem to be effective.

The muslim world will need to work through a process of reformation and adjustment to the scientific world to regain the parity with christianity which existed in the early years of muslim expansion. Until then i doubt that little can be done except try to minimise the excesses of violence brought on by this sense of fear.

Edited by Mr Walker

I understand the reasoning behind this thread, as I've tried to point it out many times myself, truethat. :tu:

So you do notice that its a stereotype when people "do that to Christians" and yet you defend these people for doing that???? Odd doncha think?

I am raising my kids Muslim, I certainly wouldn't if I felt this was a true statement.

I thought so...... :unsure2: You had me worried there for a moment because I know that about your kids and I've got a Muslim niece too...... :)

Hmm, I have to say, you nearly got me on this one TrueThat....

I knew you were raising your boys in Islam, I was thinking either something really ticked you off at the Mosque, or you were trying to prove a point. I'm glad to see you were proving a point.

Well done!

Personally, I believe Islam has confused the jihad of the soul with the Physical level of life. The Koran like the Bible is a spiritual book that has been dragged to a physical level. Understanding the Koran is difficult at least. I found the same discription of the souls struggle in the Ancient Sanskrit text of India. In short it says kill anything that stands between you and your lord, meaning your desires, your wants, your posessions, but not your fellow human beings. But then again this is only my opinion.

Personally, I believe Islam has confused the jihad of the soul with the Physical level of life. The Koran like the Bible is a spiritual book that has been dragged to a physical level. Understanding the Koran is difficult at least. I found the same discription of the souls struggle in the Ancient Sanskrit text of India. In short it says kill anything that stands between you and your lord, meaning your desires, your wants, your posessions, but not your fellow human beings. But then again this is only my opinion.

And a very valid opinion it is, in my opinion..... :tu::yes: