Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

V-Tech Massacre Game

Shalott

According to my local newspaper The Cairns Post yesterday his website was closed down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my_psychosis

• coldethyl

• Bunny Munro

• R3LOAD

Just means the ISP pulled the plug. I bet he's making tons of cash off this since it hit the news...he'll find another way to put it back up.

I have family who attend VT and family who work at VT. I don't really know how I feel about this game. Had they been killed, I would probably fly down to Australia and realllllly hurt the game maker. But that's exactly what this guy wants: to anger people. The worst thing we can do to the --insert chioce words here-- is ignore him. He wants attention; we should deny him that attention.

Australian people are sick, it is a prejudice I have for them that those scumbags deserve... just a few weeks ago I came across 3 on another site that were praising the destruction of the trade towers in 9/11. When I told them that I was an American, they flamed even more. Luckily for me, I had more friends then they had so we gathered and flamed the #$%$ out of them since they were so ignorant and close-minded.

I thought it was funny.

But only because of how crappy the graphics were...I'd be embarassed to show that...I wouldn't flaunt it. Maybe he wants that $3000 ransom so he can purchase some skill?

Edit: typo

I believe the graphics were supposed to be retro style. The whole game is crappy, if it wasn't about V tech nobody would probably play it.

Australian people are sick, it is a prejudice I have for them that those scumbags deserve... just a few weeks ago I came across 3 on another site that were praising the destruction of the trade towers in 9/11. When I told them that I was an American, they flamed even more. Luckily for me, I had more friends then they had so we gathered and flamed the #$%$ out of them since they were so ignorant and close-minded.

Most Australians aren't like that. You came across 3 ignorant ones and now you are assuming that they are all like that because of those 3. Are those the only 3 you have ever talked with or something? Maybe I should say all Americans are ignorant just because of you. But that would be incorrect and I wouldn't want to sink to the same level as you. You are no better than those 3 individuals.

Thats loads modus operandi, hate the states, no matter what.

There are violent games but they are based on fiction.

This is real life, not that any of the desensitized wheenies being raised today would know the difference.

Its not Ok no matter what the freedoms and rights are, its morally reprehensible.

What if your sister was at that school, and one of the scream recordings was her voice?

Only a sick damaged individual would think this had any entertainment value. But thats the new world isn't?

Heartless and without compassion, pleading for attention, self centered and mentally vacant.

Regardless of the opinions that some people who happened to be from Australia have, that should never reflect on the Australian people as a whole. That statement is of just as much ignorance as the 3 people in the chatroom may have been showing.

The 3 people in that chatroom may have had close-minded, sick opinions, but generalizing the whole Australian people under this stereotype is pretty damn closed-minded. I just can't get over how flawed the reasoning behind putting a label on all the people in a country is. It is the textbook example of ignorance. People are individuals. Certainly there are others in different countries that share the views of the 3 from that chatroom. Should we stamp their countries with this label as well?

I applaud your husband supporting his country, however there is a large difference between sacrificing freedom and making sacrifices for freedom, they are not the same thing.

We make sacrifices for our freedom. Not just him, my entire family.

I guess you aren't going to answer any of my questions.

It just seems to me that you're defending a fellow Austrailian probably because you might not be to keen on America. It's okay, we're used to it.

This thread will turn into an America bashing thread before long, if it already hasn't.

:hmm:

I'm Australian and I take offence to that. I would never praise the destruction of the twin towers, or flame someone based on the country they came from. I have plenty of friends over in America, and even some enemies, doesn't mean I pass judgement on every American out there. I'm sorry you came across some idiot people, but every country has them. People are people, yes there are some jerks in Australia and yes there are some jerks in America, that doesn't mean that view has to be extended to everyone in the country. You're being really ignorant and close-minded yourself by thinking that.

And if you'd read my other posts you'd see that I find this game completely disgusting and disrespectful, but never once have I brought the fact that he's Australian into it because I think it's irrelevant. Anybody in the world could have pulled something like this off. There are plenty of Aussies sending him hatemail, so please don't judge all of us based on one idiot kid's need for attention, or another Aussie's need to defend him

Excuse me, but I sacrifice daily for freedom, do you? I didn't think so. The fact is yes he has the right to make the game but I'd like to think that a fellow American* would have better taste and compassion for the misery of the families of the victims. It's not about freedom it's about compassion and decency. Try and imagine your own mother's pain if it had been you in that shooting and someone made a game about it. Put a familiar face on it and think about it. Surely you can see how the argument isn't about freedom but about morality?

*edited because I realized that the creator of the game and the defender of the game are Austrailians.

Remember that massacre in Austraila? What if someone made a game about that and you had a relative that died in it? Would you feel the same way? Think about it before you answer. Remember it's a relative your entire family misses.

I really hate to say this to you because you seem cool but maybe your husband joined for freedom but the war in iraq has NOTHING to do with freedom. just greed

The person who created the game is an American studying in Australia.

Pwnt.

Ok your profile says your 61. After reading your post, I wonder if its not backward, "16" I mean the whole post sounds childish (imo) but when you say, and I quote "When I told them that I was an American, they flamed even more. Luckily for me, I had more friends then they had so we gathered and flamed the #$%$ out of them since they were so ignorant and close-minded.

Well it just makes me wonder how old you realy are.

Edited by my_psychosis

Pwnt.

Well there you go...how about that? I also didn't think flaming was allowed in these forums.

Edited by weareallsuckers

Well there you go...how about that? I also didn't think flaming was allowed in these forums.

It's not...but we got a lot of kids here, so *shrug* just report it when ya see it.

The guy is an attention whore. And whether we congratulate him on a job well done for his game, or cause a media frenzy about how wrong his game is he wins. The best thing to do is ignore idiots like him so that they give up and go back to picking fights in chatrooms or something.

well said....if these ppl would not get the attention they seek we probably would have alot less problems...

I really hate to say this to you because you seem cool but maybe your husband joined for freedom but the war in iraq has NOTHING to do with freedom. just greed

It doesn't matter what you believe the war is about. The fact is my husband is in it and I don't talk about it on these boards. Can you respect that?

Pwnt.

That makes me feel better to be honest. I want it to be a fellow American, so we can deal with him our way when he brings his sorry self back. He may have the right to make the game, that is not disputed, but his morals, well suck. So when he tries to get a job or start his career I hope he's well known. :devil:

I've played the game, and I don't see the fuss.

There are so many World war 2 games out there, my grandpa, and my wife's grandpa both died in WW2, but you don't see people p***ed off at Call of Duty or Medal of Honor.. get over it.

this is something that happened one month ago, not 60 years ago. and this game accounts for every little detail that i read or saw on the news about vtech, wwII games tend to be much, much less personalized.

telling people to get over it doesn't give you a stone penis.

this is something that happened one month ago, not 60 years ago. and this game accounts for every little detail that i read or saw on the news about vtech, wwII games tend to be much, much less personalized.

telling people to get over it doesn't give you a stone penis.

Exactly. Even that last bit. lol

I can always remember my dad saying that every right comes with some sort of responsibilities. A later curfew showed that you didn't fuss when it came to doing your chores on a regular basis. That being able to go some place cool with your friends signified that you were doing well in school. That the more responsibilities we took for ourselves, the more rights we earned & maintained.

I will defend his right to create his "game", but it's his responsiblity to accept that someone may really harm him for being an insensative creep. He can demand his bribe to show a little compassion & decency then the victims' families should be able to sue for mental destrest & anguish! Fair's fair! If he wants to make money at the victims' expense, the survivors should get their money! They are the ones that paid the biggest price.

I can always remember my dad saying that every right comes with some sort of responsibilities. A later curfew showed that you didn't fuss when it came to doing your chores on a regular basis. That being able to go some place cool with your friends signified that you were doing well in school. That the more responsibilities we took for ourselves, the more rights we earned & maintained.

I will defend his right to create his "game", but it's his responsiblity to accept that someone may really harm him for being an insensative creep. He can demand his bribe to show a little compassion & decency then the victims' families should be able to sue for mental destrest & anguish! Fair's fair! If he wants to make money at the victims' expense, the survivors should get their money! They are the ones that paid the biggest price.

This is the best response yet. I applaud you "glynne" :clap::clap:

We make sacrifices for our freedom. Not just him, my entire family.

I guess you aren't going to answer any of my questions.

It just seems to me that you're defending a fellow Austrailian probably because you might not be to keen on America. It's okay, we're used to it.

This thread will turn into an America bashing thread before long, if it already hasn't.

:hmm:

Sorry I didn't see that question in there.

Nah, I'm not defending the maker because they are Australian, a lot of the art I enjoy is considered controversial by many, so I am often quite defensive of an artists right to express and I genunley don't see anything wrong with his actions.

I am by no means against America, in fact most would consider me pro-American. I highly dislike the trend of the anti-American, Bush is destroying the world, brainwashed by Michael Moore attitude that seems to have infested my generation so thoroughly.

Edited by Affliction

There are so many World war 2 games out there, my grandpa, and my wife's grandpa both died in WW2, but you don't see people p***ed off at Call of Duty or Medal of Honor.. get over it

I'm sorry about your loss, but I have to point out that I'm sure you would have a problem with WWII games if the creators tracked down your grandpa's name, image and circumstance of death and inserted him personally into a game for a player to kill. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone telling you to "get over it" while they enjoy the game and shooting at a character based specifically on someone you loved and lost. This V-Tech game is much more personal than WWII games.

Edited by n_a_t_a_l_i_e

It doesn't matter what you believe the war is about. The fact is my husband is in it and I don't talk about it on these boards. Can you respect that?

yes I can respect that but you said we suffer for freedom. The war in iraq and your husband are two seperate issues. the war in iraq is actually putting our "freedom" in a sticky situation. when we blow up people it creates more terrorist. not to mention the rest of the world is getting p***ed of at us. few people are left in this country who actually believe we are protecting ANYTHING over there

yes I can respect that but you said we suffer for freedom. The war in iraq and your husband are two seperate issues. the war in iraq is actually putting our "freedom" in a sticky situation. when we blow up people it creates more terrorist. not to mention the rest of the world is getting p***ed of at us. few people are left in this country who actually believe we are protecting ANYTHING over there

Myself and my children suffer when my husband is not around and is being sent to places where he is in danger. He does these things for his country because he is asked to. He fights for our countries freedom. That is what we belive in. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about us. My family does what WE think is right and honorable. There are more people in this country who support it than you believe. I live it and see it daily. "Support our troops" are more than just mere words for me and my family. We live it. Now, as I said, I don't usually discuss these things here. Unless you've had a loved one in this situation you have no idea what I go through and what I feel and I do NOT want to discuss it here. Thanks.